Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Matching Car Paint For My Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Matching Car Paint For My Car. (4188 Views)

Here Are Reasons Why Your Car Paint Fades / If You Scratch This ₦902k Car Paint,It Will Repair Itself When Exposed To Heat / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
I recently got into a minor accident with a Speeding keke. He bashed my back right door.

I have taken my car for repairs but unfortunately the painted colour on the affected door didn't match the original paint.

I know about colour codes usually Found on drivers car doors but I can't seem to find any auto repair workshop that makes use of these codes to get matching paint colours for vehicle touch up painting.

I currently live in Enugu, can anyone recommend any auto repair shop where I can get a matching paint work ?

Below are photos, notice the difference in colour shades

2 Shares

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by Peppermintflav: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
I think they normally loose the fuel tank cover and take it to camp. There they will mix the colour to spec.

1 Like

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
Peppermintflav:
I think they normally loose the fuel tank cover and take it to camp. There they will mix the colour to spec.

Like mix 2 different paints to get a particular color?
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by Peppermintflav: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
DanielsParker:

Like mix 2 different paints to get a particular color?
Yeah that's how it's done

1 Like

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Yeah that's how it's done

Any recommendations?
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by Peppermintflav: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
DanielsParker:

Any recommendations?
Auto ease. They are popular. But there's a guy that does painting for me his name is Obosi. Workshop is at new artisan.
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Auto ease. They are popular. But there's a guy that does painting for me his name is Obosi. Workshop is at new artisan.

Will auto ease get the matching color?
The panel beater that sprayed it told me it would match with time after severe exposure to sunlight etc. is that possible ?
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by Dododawa01: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
DanielsParker:

The panel beater that sprayed it told me it would match with time after severe exposure to sunlight etc. is that possible ?
He's right with time but don't just waste your money
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dododawa01:

He's right with time but don't just waste your money

Okay thanks, I’ll give it time
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
The panel no sabi anything at all,its a really poor job.with time it will just get whiter and uglier.
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 4:11am On Jun 23, 2021
DanielsParker:

don't mind the panel beater,he bought China paint for you,except silkens in coal camp,it is only ppg in agbani road, opposite police detective college that sells original European paint they have a coputerised paint mixing room,just ask of chidi,there paint is costly but worth it,I painted my Honda two months ago and the whole painting materials cost #76k,the office is beside mama ejima restaurant,don't forget to try the ofe onugbu or oha there.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2021
okoroemeka:
don't mind the panel beater,he bought China paint for you,except silkens in coal camp,it is only ppg in agbani road, opposite police detective college that sells original European paint they have a coputerised paint mixing room,just ask of chidi,there paint is costly but worth it,I painted my Honda two months ago and the whole painting materials cost #76k,the office is beside mama ejima restaurant,don't forget to try the ofe onugbu or oha there.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate. But I would want to paint just the door and part of back bumper. I hope this is possible and it would be cheaper somehow? Can you share me your contact if you don’t mind?
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
DanielsParker:

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate. But I would want to paint just the door and part of back bumper. I hope this is possible and it would be cheaper somehow? Can you share me your contact if you don’t mind?
call 08037310998 chigozie panel,he has workshop at Calabar street,coal camp,he will inspect the spot and take you to ppg to get the materials,tell him you are from ogaemeka,imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
okoroemeka:
call 08037310998 chigozie panel,he has workshop at Calabar street,coal camp,he will inspect the spot and take you to ppg to get the materials,tell him you are from ogaemeka,imo state.

Can he do the paint work?
And a little panel beating? The lines just close to the back door window aren't very much visible
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2021
DanielsParker:

Can he do the paint work?
And a little panel beating? The lines just close to the back door window aren't very much visible
he is an experienced panel beater,he is my official panel beater, has done 10 jobs for me,babyboy(twice)Acura(twice)Dodge ram pickup(once)4 different Mack trucks and Honda Accord DC,just show the guy what you wanted
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 11:06am On Jun 24, 2021
okoroemeka:
he is an experienced panel beater,he is my official panel beater, has done 10 jobs for me,babyboy(twice)Acura(twice)Dodge ram pickup(once)4 different Mack trucks and Honda Accord DC,just show the guy what you wanted

Thank you. I will get in touch with him
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
Where can 1 get original sikkens in d east,address n phone no pls.....
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
melviniyke2002:
Where can 1 get original sikkens in d east,address n phone no pls.....
I know they have office in coal camp,enugu,but your sure bet is onitsha,you will find everything there.
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2021
okoroemeka:
I know they have office in coal camp,enugu,but your sure bet is onitsha,you will find everything there.
tnxs pls der exact location der......
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by alphaNomega: 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

nope, if it isn't right within 2 hours, it can't be right in the next 100 years.

If you doubt me, observe your car colour

1 Like

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 7:32am On Jul 06, 2021
alphaNomega:
nope, if it isn't right within 2 hours, it can't be right in the next 100 years.

If you doubt me, observe your car colour
I’ve observed, it’s not getting better, the panel beater did a poor job
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2021
okoroemeka:

Hello bro, this is ppg office you talked about right ? In agbani road

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
DanielsParker:

Hello bro, this is ppg office you talked about right ? In agbani road
no,call the panel beater his contact is on this thread,he will direct you, opposite police detective school,you will definitely smell the ofe onugbu wafting out from ejimas restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2021
okoroemeka:
no,call the panel beater his contact is on this thread,he will direct you, opposite police detective school,you will definitely smell the ofe onugbu wafting out from ejimas restaurant.

Hello , Thanks for the help. I met Chigozie and he took me to Chidi ppg. He got my paint code and found a matching paint for my vehicle and also the whole materials required for spraying . He’s working on it now. I anticipate a clean and lovely work!

grin by the way, he kept on talking about you and how clean you always want your works..

Sadly , Mama ejima’s soup isnt ready yet!

2 Likes

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
DanielsParker:

Hello , Thanks for the help. I met Chigozie and he took me to Chidi ppg. He got my paint code and found a matching paint for my vehicle and also the whole materials required for spraying . He’s working on it now. I anticipate a clean and lovely work!

grin by the way, he kept on talking about you and how clean you always want your works..

Sadly , Mama ejima’s soup isnt ready yet!
ok,the good news is that you got the original paint,the cost of original paint for a saloon car is roughly #80k with matte black and alloy wheel paint,but China paint is around #40k,if you look at the price disparity,you will agree with me that something that cut price must cut quality.

2 Likes

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
ok,the good news is that you got the original paint,the cost of original paint for a saloon car is roughly #80k with matte black and alloy wheel paint,but China paint is around #40k,if you look at the price disparity,you will agree with me that something that cut price must cut quality.
ppg n sikkens which is better....are der using computer based mixer to arrived @ d paint code @ chides office in agbani
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
melviniyke2002:
ppg n sikkens which is better....are der using computer based mixer to arrived @ d paint code @ chides office in agbani
that is the key they have a fully computerized paint mixing chamber that will give any colour shade as long as the paint code sticker is still on the door,China paint is guess work,if you punch in the paint code on the door for example nh-658p for Honda/Acura is graphite black Pearl,the server of PPG in Europe will instruct the computer on the different percentage of base paint colour like black,white,yellow,red,green,blue,etc,you will input to get the graphite black Pearl, without precise measurements of base colours, percentage to input,mixing information,etc,you can't get a match if you buy China paint to do touch up,it will be different.
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
that is the key they have a fully computerized paint mixing chamber that will give any colour shade as long as the paint code sticker is still on the door,China paint is guess work,if you punch in the paint code on the door for example nh-658p for Honda/Acura is graphite black Pearl,the server of PPG in Europe will instruct the computer on the different percentage of base paint colour like black,white,yellow,red,green,blue,etc,you will input to get the graphite black Pearl, without precise measurements of base colours, percentage to input,mixing information,etc,you can't get a match if you buy China paint to do touch up,it will be different.
can I hv der contact.....cup of ppg is how much sir?
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by DanielsParker(m): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2021
okoroemeka:

Thanks for the input, my car is back to normal.. very sweet paint, but expensive grin

6 Likes

Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by okoroemeka(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
melviniyke2002:
can I hv der contact.....cup of ppg is how much sir?
I think it's around #15k,call that panel beater for their number
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
I think it's around #15k,call that panel beater for their number
ok tnxs
Re: Matching Car Paint For My Car. by melviniyke2002(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
DanielsParker:

Thanks for the input, my car is back to normal.. very sweet paint, but expensive grin
nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Moment A Mclaren 570s Was Spotted In A Village In Kebbi State / Honda Accord 2007 (Manual Transmission Drive) Engine Oil Shortage / Original Autohex II Scan Tool For BMW Diagnose And Programming Free Shipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.