Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike (2086 Views)

The Best Age For Women To Have A Baby REVEALED / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis / Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good evening Doctors in the house...I'm typing from Ore where Doctors are on strike... please I need urgent help Sir/Ma.

It happened that last week, five out of the 8babies in my kid's creche were sick and seriously weak, so their moms had to take days off work, they resumed on Thursday and boom! The remaining 3 babies including my Kiishi got affected, it started on Friday when she started having a high temperature, I thought it was teething signs, I gave her babyrex then used towel and water to drain the heat out of her, it worked...she played on Saturday and yesterday she started stooling greenish poo and the temperature became high again, I went to a nearby chemist where I was given an anti-malaria athemeter by one drug, baby zinc tab, flagyl oral suspension and pcm...I used those drugs for her and it reduced the temperature and stooling for few hours, alas! She started running temperature again at midnight I had to use towel and water again, I couldn't catch a sleep through out the night just to keep watching her, I dressed up for work today, gave her her drugs and little food the we left for school where I dropped her at the creche, on getting to the creche again, I discovered that her temperature is still high and the creche Mistress said she had changed the diaper trice around 1pm....then I noticed a change on her eyes which every other baby in the creche also have...the eyes got a lil bit swollen and discharging...I brought her home, gave her the flagyl, used water and towel and she had pooed thrice within 3hrs of getting home and the temperature is still high...I applied some breastmilk to the eyes as directed by other mothers at the creche.
Thank God she's sleeping now, but I'm bothered about her health, she had reduced in weight with 2days of stooling.... Doctors here are on strike and I can't afford a private hospital... please help my baby, medications or guidance.

I apologise for the long post, just wanted to make it clearer.

Cc
lalasticlala
Dominique
sissy3
this is urgent.PLEASE
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by NwaAmaikpe: 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
shocked

I don't expect the sanitary condition of her school to be top notch considering that asides commuter-robbery and cheap banana, Ore is very famous for open defecation into rivers.

No prescription but a prognosis from yours truly.

Those kids apparently have gotten blood poisoning (Sepsis) from improper handling of faeces and food in their creche.
This explains the recurring fever and stooling, a blood test on your kid will most definitely reveal an abnormally high count of White blood cells.

Suspend the malaria treatment, give her either Ranicef 250, Cefixime or Cefuroxime.
Kindly consult with a non-Ore trained pharmacist for the dosage as posting that here means encouraging drug abuse and self-medication.
Act fast as she's at risk of being dehydrated or having a major damage to one of her vital organs.
Either way, you will need to visit a clinic as the antibiotics may be administered intravenously

Please when next you're making Ewedu soup, ditch the broom and use a spadle, don't give room for any food contamination.
A big hi to Kiishi from me.

By the way, what's Kiishi?
Except she was conceived at a roadside motel in Lokoja after eating Kilishi, I'd never understand the inspiration behind the name.

Lalasticlala, please help a sister get the medical help she needs.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't expect the sanitary condition of her school to be top notch considering that asides commuter-robbery and cheap banana, Ore is very famous for open defecation into rivers.

No prescription but a prognosis from yours truly.

Those kids apparently have gotten blood poisoning (Sepsis) from improper handling of faeces and food in their creche.
This explains the recurring fever and stooling, a blood test will reveal an abnormal count of White blood cells.

Suspend the malaria treatment, give her either Ranicef 250, Cefixime or Cefuroxime.
Act fast as she's in the risk of being dehydrated or having a major damage to one of her vital organs.

Please when next you're making Ewedu soup, ditch the broom and use a spadle.
A big hi to Kiishi from me.

By the way, what's Kiishi?
Except she was conceived at a roadside motel in Lokoja after eating Kilishi, I'd never understand the inspiration behind the name.
Lol.... your comment is funny.... when last have you been to Ore? Though it's not a big city but not like stooling in River, haba? Back to the topic Sir.....the cefuroxeme is it an anti- biotics? Will I be using only the cefuroxeme for her?
How about the eyes, the stooling?will the cefuroxeme also work for all that too?
As for the creche, a new lady was employed last month I guess she hasn't gotten used to the system, Schools here will be going on vacation come Thursday 25th, this will give me more time to take care of her myself .
Why should I stop the anti-malaria drug Sir? Cos she ain't sleeping under mosquito net.

Lol @Kiishi
Her name is Ifeoluwakiishi (God's love never fades).

@the ewedu part, she's not eating solid food yet, I'm feeding here cerelac , lactogen and pap.so she doesn't eat adult ewedu

I really appreciate your response Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
What makes me more afraid is that, these were the symptoms seen in my late- baby boy before taking him to the hospital then, he was stooling and couldn't eat, I took him from this same creche to the hospital then he died after 3days.

God forbid, this won't be my portion again in Jesus name.

Although the salary is not good enough and the daycare is not helping the kids, but the school won't allow us to take our babies to the class and I can't live without working, at least my immediate needs are still met monthly from the lil salary.
I just pity my innocent girl...she Don lean.

2 Likes

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe please reply Sir, it's getting late, I need to go get the drugs, her temperature is still high..is it only cefuroxeme drugs for all the symptoms?

Cc lalasticlala
Dominique
Sissy3

Make una help me so Doctor's can view this and give recommendations.PLEASE
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by CsRockefeller(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Someone should help this lady please cry
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Someone should help this lady please cry

Thanks bro....it's been a while.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by NwaAmaikpe: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lizzyangel:

Lol.... your comment is funny.... when last have you been to Ore? Though it's not a big city but not like stooling in River, haba? Back to the topic Sir.....the cefuroxeme is it an anti- biotics? Will I be using only the cefuroxeme for her?
How about the eyes, the stooling?will the cefuroxeme also work for all that too?
As for the creche, a new lady was employed last month I guess she hasn't gotten used to the system, Schools here will be going on vacation come Thursday 25th, this will give me more time to take care of her myself .
Why should I stop the anti-malaria drug Sir? Cos she ain't sleeping under mosquito net.

Lol @Kiishi
Her name is Ifeoluwakiishi (God's love never fades).

@the ewedu part, she's not eating solid food yet, I'm feeding here cerelac , lactogen and pap.so she doesn't eat adult ewedu

I really appreciate your response Sir.

shocked

Kindly note that I may be wrong as only a blood test will prove me right.

Considering it's been past 3 days you began the anti-malarial regiment on her, I doubt it is malaria except the parasite is resistant to the brand of antimalarial you are using.

As a safety rule for toddlers and young kids, always alternate the anti-malarial drugs you use. You can use Camosunate one time and Coartem the next time.

I strongly believe it is an infection, most doctors will prescribe Cefixime for blood infections but it is Cefuroxime for me and if you decide on it, ensure it is Zinnat by Pfizer.

I am broken to hear this has happened in the past and did not end well. I truly wish I could do more.
I join my faith with yours to declare that she'd be fine.
Let's not gamble it this time, please visit a clinic.

Kindly reach me via email.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by CsRockefeller(m): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lizzyangel:

Thanks bro....it's been a while.

Yes it has smiley
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Considering it's been past 3 days you began the anti-malarial regiment on her, I doubt it is malaria except the parasite is resistant to the brand of antimalarial you are using.

As a safety rule for toddlers and young kids, always alternate the anti-malarial drugs you use. You can use Camosunate one time and Coartem the next time.

I strongly believe it is an infection, most doctors will prescribe Cefixime for blood infections but it is Cefuroxime for me and if you decide on it, ensure it is Zinnat by Pfizer.

I am broken to hear this has happened in the past and did not end well. I truly wish I could do more.

I really appreciate your response Sir...but the email won't work for me now, as I'm using MTN'sfreebasics to read Nairaland news.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
I want sincerely appreciate the anonymous Dr. God used for Kiishi tonight....he is truly a trained personnel.... come and see how he kept the hope in me active and alive....I was thinking I couldn't afford the private hospital bills and prescribed drugs from Dr which made me to buy from the pharmacy on Saturday.... once again Nairaland had proven to be a family any member can count on.... I'm blessed to be part of this BIG family.
After giving her the drugs, she tried vomiting but later took it in...I decided not to give her the cereal tonight to avoid stooling and vomiting again... she's sleeping soundly now.thanks Dr. Anonymous for being there when I least expected.may you enjoy the good fruits of medicine and you shall go places and soar higher.
Momore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=CsRockefeller post=102956838]

Yes it has smiley[/quote

How's life at your end?
Hope you're enjoying this next level administration?
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by CsRockefeller(m): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=Lizzyangel post=102961571][/quote]

Not enjoying it at all, it has been tough but we are pushing it.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by WiszyFraud: 1:07am On Jun 22, 2021
Lizzyangel:
I want sincerely appreciate the anonymous Dr. God used for Kiishi tonight....he is truly a trained personnel.... come and see how he kept the hope in me active and alive....I was thinking I couldn't afford the private hospital bills and prescribed drugs from Dr which made me to buy from the pharmacy on Saturday.... once again Nairaland had proven to be a family any member can count on.... I'm blessed to be part of this BIG family.
After giving her the drugs, she tried vomiting but later took it in...I decided not to give her the cereal tonight to avoid stooling and vomiting again... she's sleeping soundly now.thanks Dr. Anonymous for being there when I least expected.may you enjoy the good fruits of medicine and you shall go places and soar higher.
Momore.

Okk.. so how did this anonymous doctor assist you??

We too want to appreciate him cool
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
WiszyFraud:

Okk.. so how did this anonymous doctor assisted you?? Cc

We too want to appreciate him cool

He called me severally, listen to the symptoms, asked for the baby's picture, told me to go to a big pharmacy in town while he spoke to the pharmacist, directed the pharmacist on what to do and prescribed drugs to sell and dosage....then still did follow-up on the baby's health status...is this not worthy of appreciation?

3 Likes

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Not enjoying it at all, it has been tough but we are pushing it.

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel.... we'll scale through IJN bro.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Hi!
You don't even bother checking on my baby girl's health, at least mention me here...you get starting but no finishing, All the Doctors I grew up knowing were always kind and caring to their patient no matter the age or status.

What I do? ( In Jenifa's voice)
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Blurpy: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
How is the baby doing
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lizzyangel:

Hi!
You don't even bother checking on my baby girl's health, at least mention me here...you get starting but no finishing, All the Doctors I grew up knowing were always kind and caring to their patient no matter the age or status.

What I do? ( In Jenifa's voice)
madam you re lucky he mentioned you..he is a busy man..pls understand
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
IgweBUIKE1:
madam you re lucky he mentioned you..he is a busy man..pls understand

Oh! Really?

I was just curious about the way he showed concern at first then go mute later.

Thank God my baby is on convalescence.
Left for her swollen eye... which I believe God will take preeminent control.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blurpy:
How is the baby doing

She's getting better, left for her swollen eye.... thanks for asking.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Blurpy: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
Which drugs did you use
Lizzyangel:

She's getting better, left for her swollen eye.... thanks for asking.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Blurpy:
Which drugs did you use

Cefixime oral suspension
Ibuprofen oral suspension
Flagyl oral suspension
Anti-malaria by one
Baby zinc tab
Oral salt
Eye drops, getomycyn or so.

2 Likes

Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Chartey(m): 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Please never put breastmilk in your child's eye again. Milk is very good for bacteria to grow in. You're effectively putting fertiliser for bacteria to grow in the babies eyes.

Also, never try things other mothers or your relatives tell you without hearing from medical professionals when it comes to health. Many mothers have lost their children this way.

I saw this thread late but it's refreshing that Kiishi is getting better.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Chartey:
Please never put breastmilk in your child's eye again. Milk is very good for bacteria to grow in. You're effectively putting fertiliser for bacteria to grow in the babies eyes.

Also, never try things other mothers or your relatives tell you without hearing from medical professionals when it comes to health. Many mothers have lost their children this way.

I saw this thread late but it's refreshing that Kiishi is getting better.

I catch you!
Dr anonymous!

Come to think of it, I Never wrote your quote online I only said this to my baby's doctor on phone, now you reply with this here.

Yes!
I won!
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Chartey(m): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lizzyangel:

I catch you!
Dr anonymous!

Come to think of it, I Never wrote your quote online I only said this to my baby's doctor on phone, now you reply with this here.

Yes!
I won!

Ha! I'm not the one o.
Re: A Baby Needs A Doctor Amidst Strike by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Chartey:

Ha! I'm not the one o.

Really?
Ok o, no probs if you say so...but my instinct never deceived me once.
Thanks for your concern though.

(1) (Reply)

Pure Cranberry! Not Concentrates! Wipe Out Urinary Tract Infections Out ! / Looking For An HMO In Lagos For My Mum / Kidney Problem:why Checking Creatinine Level?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.