Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Questions and answers thread on Ac System. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions and answers thread on Ac System. (5943 Views)

Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. / Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. / Virus Attack On Car AC System. A Must Read For Car Owners With Active AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by slimmoney(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2022
good morning Autologic, please can 2008 civic compressor shaft seal be replaced and is it advisable?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2022
slimmoney:
good morning Autologic, please can 2008 civic compressor shaft seal be replaced and is it advisable?
Can u be more explicit about the issue that you are currently experiencing with your ac .
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by slimmoney(m): 8:18am On Jan 05, 2022
a mechanic worked on my car, but unfortunately he didn't tighten the compressor properly, instead of tightening all the three bolt, he only tightened two, while driving one of the bolt became loosed, the compressor started shaking while working and i didn't realized on time and before i knew it the oil and gas escaped between the clutch and compressor, someone checked it and said the shaft seal has been affected and i need to replace it.
autologic:

Can u be more explicit about the issue that you are currently experiencing with your ac .
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by igbsam(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2022
autologic:

Nigerian Airforce Vehicle Repair Base
onipetesi bus stop ,ikeja ,agege road lagos .
https://maps.app./RswGgpc4j4tFUb1T7

Kindly pls furnish me with your number, i need to visit your workshop this week. My AC is acting possessed. Edakun. Its a camry muscle
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by icenti: 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
My ac Camry 08 Xle V6 just stopped working. The compressor is still rolling. But I don’t know what’s wrong. Somethings the air vent will be cool while often times, it won’t be. This just started one morning. I’ve never experienced any issues with it before.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please, What's the cause of AC not cooling effectively while gear is on Park or Neutral, but cools very well on top speed?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by icenti: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2022
adetunjioludami:
Please, What's the cause of AC not cooling effectively while gear is on Park or Neutral, but cools very well on top speed?

Automatic or manual compressor?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
icenti:

Automatic or manual compressor?
Manual. Car is Scion xA.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2022
igbsam:

Kindly pls furnish me with your number, i need to visit your workshop this week. My AC is acting possessed. Edakun. Its a camry muscle
08061166316 .(chat preferably pls)
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2022
icenti:
My ac Camry 08 Xle V6 just stopped working. The compressor is still rolling. But I don’t know what’s wrong. Somethings the air vent will be cool while often times, it won’t be. This just started one morning. I’ve never experienced any issues with it before.
Can u give the history of repair or maintainance on the ac system.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2022
adetunjioludami:
Compressor going bad or poor airflow on the condenser .
Troublehooting with ac manifold Guage and analysing the pressure readings will reveal the culprit .
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2022
slimmoney:
a mechanic worked on my car, but unfortunately he didn't tighten the compressor properly, instead of tightening all the three bolt, he only tightened two, while driving one of the bolt became loosed, the compressor started shaking while working and i didn't realized on time and before i knew it the oil and gas escaped between the clutch and compressor, someone checked it and said the shaft seal has been affected and i need to replace it.
You are better off replacing the compressor as it must have suffered some lubrication issue.Replacement will be cheaper for u in the long run.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2022
autologic:

Compressor going bad or poor airflow on the condenser .
Troublehooting with ac manifold Guage and analysing the pressure readings will reveal the culprit .
Could it be that the fan belt has issues and it's causing it? I hear sound from the belt but the belt isn't lagging.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by icenti: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2022
autologic:

Can u give the history of repair or maintainance on the ac system.

None. Bought the car foreign used. I’ve never done any repairs on air conditioning before. Only changed air filter which is located under the glove box
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2022
adetunjioludami:

Could it be that the fan belt has issues and it's causing it? I hear sound from the belt but the belt isn't lagging.
It a possibility too if the fan belt is not well tightened to spec will affect the needed compressor speed
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
autologic:

It a possibility too if the fan belt is not well tightened to spec will affect the needed compressor speed
Thanks!
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by showietee: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2022
Mrford:

What's wrong with your car ac?

My compressor was serviced in November ( later heard from another person that there is no need to service the compressor), gas filled and cabin filter changed but still the AC system isn't performing well, went back to the technician two days after, he diagnosed and he saw dirts pumping out of the hose, he said we are going to change the compressor, condenser and most likely dryer.

Before then, two different people have blocked acclaimed leakages in the hose and filled the gas but it just works for few days and that's all.... My car is honda civic 06.

Which way forward?

I am in Abuja

Cc @autologic
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
showietee:

My compressor was serviced in November ( later heard from another person that there is no need to service the compressor), gas filled and cabin filter changed but still the AC system isn't performing well, went back to the technician two days after, he diagnosed and he saw dirts pumping out of the hose, he said we are going to change the compressor, condenser and most likely dryer.

Before then, two different people have blocked acclaimed leakages in the hose and filled the gas but it just works for few days and that's all.... My car is honda civic 06.

Which way forward?

I am in Abuja

Cc @autologic
Since the system is already confirmed to carry debris , with attempted history of repair already carried out on the compressor coupled with another history of leaks (air and moisture already in the system) then any more attempt for repair might end up on another round of disaster. (System has already gone tru alot of abuse )
Best bet is to change and replace all the vital components :
compressor, condenser, expansion valve , the evaporator with the whole system trippled flushed thoroughly with good flushing sokvent before installing the new component cos any leftover debris can crush the new components installed
Moreso ,after installation of the new components, dont forget to vacuum the system as well and check for leaks before introducing the refrigerant if you really want ac system that can stand the test of time .Engage a good ac professional with modern tools to handles this for you as anything short of manufacturer recommended ac instalation process can result going back to its initial problem status .
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by showietee: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
autologic:

Best bet is to change and replace all the vital components :
compressor, condenser, expansion valve , the evaporator with the whole system trippled flushed thoroughly with good flushing sokvent before installing the new component cos any leftover debris can crush the new components installed
Moreso ,after installation of the new components, dont forget to vacuum the system as well and check for leaks before introducing the refrigerant if you really want ac system that can stand the test of time .Engage a good ac professional with modern tools to handles this for you as anything short of manufacturer recommended ac instalation process can result going back to its initial problem status .

Please can you recommend a good AC technician in Abuja? Wouldn't mind meeting the person tomorrow morning...
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
showietee:

Please can you recommend a good AC technician in Abuja? Wouldn't mind meeting the person tomorrow morning...
Search for kingreign
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by showietee: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
autologic:

Search for kingreign

Thank you bro
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by kingreign(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
showietee:

Thank you bro
autologic:

Search for kingreign

Sorry but I decline to do this job.

Thanks.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by 2special(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
autologic:

08061166316 .(chat preferably pls)
Good afternoon Sir, I just send a message to you on WhatsApp
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
2special:
Good afternoon Sir, I just send a message to you on WhatsApp
Ok sir I, check it up
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by 2special(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
autologic:

Ok sir I, check it up
Thanks Sir
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by abiolag(m): 10:18am On Feb 03, 2022
autologic:

I have slightly different issue. when I'm on top speed even if the weather is hot, the AC will be chilling but once I enter little traffic it won't blow cool again. What could be the issue pls
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Peppermintflav: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
abiolag:

I have slightly different issue. when I'm on top speed even if the weather is hot, the AC will be chilling but once I enter little traffic it won't blow cool again. What could be the issue pls
Let me attempt this question. There are some factors that can cause this... But let's start from the simplest and cheaper fix.

Check that your fan is blowing in the right direction. ie from outside to the engine.

Check if the fan is blowing up to speed.

Wash down your condenser and radiator with water. You can go to car wash for that.

Check if there is enough gas in the system. You can do this by discharging the gas completely and recharge afresh. This will make you know the quantity of gas in the system. Secondly it's not good to mix gas.

Lastly if all fail, change your compressor it's failing.

Of course all these have to be checked by a qualified ac tech.
Good luck
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by abiolag(m): 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Let me attempt this question. There are some factors that can cause this... But let's start from the simplest and cheaper fix.

Check that your fan is blowing in the right direction. ie from outside to the engine.

Check if the fan is blowing up to speed.

Wash down your condenser and radiator with water. You can go to car wash for that.

Check if there is enough gas in the system. You can do this by discharging the gas completely and recharge afresh. This will make you know the quantity of gas in the system. Secondly it's not good to mix gas.

Lastly if all fail, change your compressor it's failing.

Of course all these have to be checked by a qualified ac tech.
Good luck
Thanks I'll check it all
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
My AC compressor makes screeching noise each time it compresses (it's a manual compressor). An AC tech guy said the compressor is almost bad. Is that true or I just need to service it or something.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2022
adetunjioludami:
My AC compressor makes screeching noise each time it compresses (it's a manual compressor). An AC tech guy said the compressor is almost bad. Is that true or I just need to service it or something.
There is nothing to service on a compressor that is going bad .
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Edozie13(m): 10:23am On Feb 05, 2022
Good morning,

The issue with my ac (Toyota Camry 2007 LE) is that the pulley was making rattling noise and my mechanic suggested I changed it, that it will still work and after he changed the head, the ac worked for 2 days then stopped. I drove the car to him and he said the compressor wasn't getting enough pressure to make the ac work.

However, I found a shortcut to making it work by stepping on the throttle while in Park or increased speed but that seems to have stopped working now.

Please any solution?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Peppermintflav: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
adetunjioludami:
The bearing needs changing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nissan To Recall Over 17,000 Units Of Infiniti QX30 / Acl/grimaldi Schedules / Lexus ES350 Review Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.