Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes (392 Views)

Was The Theif On The Cross Saved Because He Worked For It? / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2021
Part one

In the Old Testament, He chose a nation for Himself. Out of all the nations in the world, He selected Israel (Deut. 7:6; 14:2; Pss. 105:43; 135:4). He chose the Israelites not because they were better or more desirable than any other people, but simply because He decided to choose them.

God chooses whomever He chooses for reasons that are wholly His.

In the Old Testament the nation of Israel were the only ones

Now let see God’s electing choice. In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is called “‘My Chosen One’” (Luke 9:35). The holy angels also are referred to as “elect angels” (1 Tim. 5:21). And New Testament believers are called “God’s chosen ones” (Col. 3:12; cf. 1 Cor. 1:27; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 2:10; Titus 1:1; 1 Peter 1:1; 2:9; 5:13; Rev. 17:14), meaning that the church is a community of those who were chosen, or “elect” (Eph. 1:4).

When Jesus told His disciples, “‘You did not choose me, but I chose you’” (John 15:16), He was underscoring this truth. And the New Testament reiterates it in passage after passage. Acts 13:48b describes salvation in these words: “As many as were appointed to eternal life believed.”

Ephesians 1:4–6 notes that God “chose us in [Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.” In his letters to the Thessalonians, Paul reminds his readers that he knew God’s choice of them (1 Thess. 1:4) and that he was thankful for them “because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved” (2 Thess. 2:13). The Word of God is clear: believers are those whom God chose for salvation from before the beginning.

Many people continually have difficulty accepting the doctrine of God divine election
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Part one

In the Old Testament, He chose a nation for Himself. Out of all the nations in the world, He selected Israel (Deut. 7:6; 14:2; Pss. 105:43; 135:4). He chose the Israelites not because they were better or more desirable than any other people, but simply because He decided to choose them.

Now let see God’s electing choice. In the New Testament, Jesus Christ is called “‘My Chosen One’” (Luke 9:35). The holy angels also are referred to as “elect angels” (1 Tim. 5:21). And New Testament believers are called “God’s chosen ones” (Col. 3:12; cf. 1 Cor. 1:27; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 2:10; Titus 1:1; 1 Peter 1:1; 2:9; 5:13; Rev. 17:14), meaning that the church is a community of those who were chosen, or “elect” (Eph. 1:4).

When Jesus told His disciples, “‘You did not choose me, but I chose you’” (John 15:16), He was underscoring this truth. And the New Testament reiterates it in passage after passage. Acts 13:48b describes salvation in these words: “As many as were appointed to eternal life believed.”

Ephesians 1:4–6 notes that God “chose us in [Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.” In his letters to the Thessalonians, Paul reminds his readers that he knew God’s choice of them (1 Thess. 1:4) and that he was thankful for them “because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved” (2 Thess. 2:13). The Word of God is clear: believers are those whom God chose for salvation from before the beginning.

Many people continually have difficulty accepting the doctrine of God divine election

Hummmm
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Nancy2020(f): 10:19am On Aug 07, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Hummmm
do you believe in divine selection
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Betscoreodds: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2021
Nancy2020:
do you believe in divine selection
well yes since God knows all things.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Betscoreodds: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Part one

where is the foundation of the world located.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2021
Romans 8 :
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:13am On Oct 30, 2021
Once saved forever saved
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:14am On Oct 30, 2021
God knows the end from the beginning. He knows before the foundation of the world the choices that every man and woman will make with regard to their salvation. God knew Your choice and He knew mine before we were even born.. and we, who at some point in our life have chosen to accept His gift of salvation, were elected as God's children - before the foundation of the world.

God has given every man and woman volition to choose their eternal destiny - either faith in Christ as Saviour OR rejection of the One Who died for their sins and rose to give life to all who would believe in His name.

God knows those who through their free-will choice will trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for salvation, during their life-time on earth.. and it is because God is omniscient that He knows ahead of time the choices each one of us will make.

God elects everyone who by faith.. choose to trust in Christ for salvation. And the astonishing thing is that this election was made before the foundation of the world. Our election was established on what each one of us would choose to do with God's free gift of salvation.. which is by grace through faith in Christ.

And those that God in His foresight knew would one day choose to trust in Christ as Saviour are also the “called' by God. We, whom God knew would accept His free gift of salvation became 'called' .. the very moment we first believe on the only begotten Son of God. And yet we were elected before the foundation of the world because God is omniscient, and knows the free-will choice we will one day make.

Our election and calling are fused together as one unit. Our election and calling cannot take pace without the other. Our election and calling are inseparably woven together and founded on the truth of God's word.. that whosoever believes on the only begotten Son of God will be saved - and salvation includes our election before the foundation of the world and our calling - at the moment of our personal salvation.

John 5:24
24 “I tell you the truth. Whoever hears what I say and believes in the One who sent me has eternal life. He will not be judged guilty. He has already left death and has entered into life.

John 6:37-39
37 The Father gives me the people who are mine. Every one of them will come to me, and I will always accept them. 38 I came down from heaven to do what God wants me to do. I did not come to do what I want to do. 39 I must not lose even one of those that God has given me, but I must raise them up on the last day. This is what the One who sent me wants me to do.

John 10:27-29
27 My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never die. And no person can steal them out of my hand. 29 My Father gave my sheep to me. He is greater than all, and no person can steal my sheep out of my Father’s hand.

Romans 8:1
Life in the Spirit
8 So now, those who are in Christ Jesus are not judged[a] guilty.

judged Some Greek copies continue, “guilty, those who do not live in the power of their sinful selves, but in the power of the Spirit.”

ninth chapter of Romans also shows the elective purposes of God.

There, God’s electing powers is clearly displayed in reference to His saving love for Jacob

God chose Jacob over Esau, not on the basis of anything Jacob or Esau had done, but according to His own free and uninfluenced sovereign purpose. To those who might protest, “That is unfair!” Paul simply asks, “Who are you, O man, to answer back to God?” (Roman's 9:20).

Many more Scripture passages could be added to this survey. Yet as straightforward as the Word of God is, people continually have difficulty accepting the doctrine of election.

The reason, again, is that they allow their preconceived notions of how God should act

(based on a human definition of fairness) to override the truth of His sovereignty as laid out in the Scriptures.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
For those in Christ Jesus has been redeem
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
Re: ⚫⚫ Once saved externally saved because God does not make mistakes by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2021
Glor

(1) (Reply)

Christian Idolatry By Money Worship: Is It Possible? / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle Before? / Did Jesus Perform Any Signs? If He Did Then How Many?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.