Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? (25385 Views)

Mexican Wedding Guests Running For Their Lives After Fireworks Caused Huge Fire / Couple Holds Wedding Reception At A Backyard With 7 Guests In Port Harcourt / Generator Fumes Kill 15 Wedding Guests In Imo, Another 17 Unconscious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Blixon: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
Blixon:
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?
pass me the weed

411 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by faithfull18(f): 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Lol grin let me laugh first. Anything is possible in this world.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Blixon: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is no joke. Please I can’t afford to invite the people I know and then have a drunk guest fighting the servers over food. If I relocate to a new city (which I intend to do after the wedding), we’ll know nobody there. So I might as well hire people who are sane and able to make my day memorable, than invite people who would not spray money but won’t keep quiet either, they will crash my wedding with their low life behaviour. At least the hired sprayers can plan to have their money returned to them after spraying cos I don’t need their money. I can’t invite uncles cos those ones are practically greedy drunks waiting on my dad to go to his ancestors so they can plunder what’s left.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ridwanlawal: 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
Give me the rizla and the janja me I wan...........
Me I wan jogodo, me I wan jogodo o ewooo

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Blixon: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2021
I honestly thought I would find more mature comments in the family section.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Deerock(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
It's a pity that u are not proud of ur friends that may be very proud of u..

Instead of renting fake friends for the paparazzi, why not package and invest in ur friends..

Or better still wake up from ur dream and have a very private wedding.

335 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by mutter(f): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
Join a church then invite the church members

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Kosoco(m): 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
DP ASAP let's plan it... Got 30girls and 19 cool dudes for the Job.... D matter is can you afford it. And location too...... I use them mostly for political events. They re smart and cultured.....

34 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by esthel(f): 12:23am On Jun 23, 2021
Contact an event management company, they can handle that aspect for you. As long as you have your money.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

Yes, I used to work as an event hostess for an event hosting company called "Eventful" here in Lagos. Once you tell them your requirement,they will match you with good groomsmen and bridesmaids. They supply the dresses,hairdos and makeup for the candidates you want. In fact, they would match your human requirement too for those that want specifics. Eg, you are a chubby babe and do not want skinny tall girls for bridesmaids so you can be picturesque or you are fair and do not want a mixture of skin colours. I have done bridemaid for people I dont know before....they know how to bring your idea to life. The difference between drag and dash is just a few brushes and drapes. This will cost you money though cos I used to earn between 8k to 15k per day then depending on the location and I'm sure that's a small fraction of what they charge cos they own all the glits.

If you ask me though, I would say its not worth it....but this is you and not me. Good luck with everything. May God make your prospective spouse your true friend.

209 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Richy4(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2021
If they can rent protesters to demonstrate , why can't it be done in weddings. every thing is about money...
Time shall come when mourners will be rented too... the ones that cry in different scenario ... Eg The ones that can Mourn European kind of mourning like using handkerchief to wipe tears or hugging it out , Or Local kind of mourning like rolling on the floor.. depending on class and status in society smiley,..

As for your wedding, do not worry OP...Your money will speak for you when the time comes... u don't need to rent anyone if you have the money.. wedding crashers will be there for you... Also if you want crowd on your wedding reception and you do not need gift or anything in return, Just do your reception in a university hall... I tell you, your food/drink will not be enough... Our neighbor once hosted his wedding reception in one of Nigerian tertiary institution... I tell you, the students living in the hostel dressed for the occasion.... They ate and drank...after eating, they left immediately like someone was pursuing them.... no gift nothing grin

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by bukatyne(f): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
This is no joke. Please I can’t afford to invite the people I know and then have a drunk guest fighting the servers over food. If I relocate to a new city (which I intend to do after the wedding), we’ll know nobody there. So I might as well hire people who are sane and able to make my day memorable, than invite people who would not spray money but won’t keep quiet either, they will crash my wedding with their low life behaviour. At least the hired sprayers can plan to have their money returned to them after spraying cos I don’t need their money. I can’t invite uncles cos those ones are practically greedy drunks waiting on my dad to go to his ancestors so they can plunder what’s left.

So sad.

What about your colleagues? Church/mosque members? Club members? Neighbors (sane ones) or other organizations you are affiliated with.

You can do traditional wedding to satisfy your family and a very private civil/church wedding with a select few.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by NoToPile: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2021
Once you have your money its not an issue you will get what you want.

But I would say you should just have a small ceremony though.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Klass99(f): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2021
smiley

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by mogboyelade(f): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
I honestly thought I would find more mature comments in the family section.
yes we can hire posh looking people for you.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Vyolet(f): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2021
Everything is achievable in Nigeria today, if they can hire mourners for funeral, why can't they do for weddings.
Check out eventful, they got you covered.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Klass99:

cheesy I have heard about Eventful from my boss. He is always raving about the owner and how she was the first person to start an event planning business in Lagos, they have a personal/friendly relationship. What you said about the range of services they provide is interesting news to me though, it sounds like a scene out of a Hollywood movie.

@ OP/Topic, I am so taken aback at your thought processes. Do you realize that what comes after (the marriage itself) is more important than a one day ceremony? You can have a memorable day without all the paparazzi, quality over quantity.

The best wedding I have ever attended was a simple affair without the usual activity associated with Naija weddings, it was like a party and an enjoyable one too with lots of dancing, a dance competition and dancing round the chairs competition.

There was no bridal train, just a best man and best lady, no aso-ebi sold grin (thank goodness) a buffet style event, no high table of distinguished guests........it was so much fun and the couple are still married o!

Dey there dey find glamourous Dubai style wedding, all that money you will spend hiring strangers for a posh wedding can be put to better use, to pay rent on your new home (if you don't own your house) to furnish that new home tastefully and even open a kids saving account for your first child.

The cost of living in this country is so high these days, it doesn't make sense to be spending money on things which don't add real value to human life.

Yes o... Madam Zee. She does it well and has a service package for everyone...Meanwhile, your description of the best wedding you've been to sounds rely fun. I honestly wish the OP goodluck with her choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Rather than paying random strangers [whom you have no history with & who would attend just for money], upgrade your friends to attend. You could even get an etiquette coach to demonstrate to them the expectations for the day. I believe they would be excited to participate and would be at their best for you.

If you don't want to do the above, then have a simple wedding with just your two families.

Anyhoo, do whatever makes you happy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by mysticgal(f): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
I could be a groomsgirl or bridesmaid oh, hope the wedding would be on a favourable non working day. I don’t mind but then, I don’t think people would take your cue but also I can point you to an event company that supplies people cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Deerock:
It's a pity that u are not proud of ur friends that may be very proud of u..

Instead of renting fake friends for the paparazzi, why not package and invest in ur friends..

Or better still wake up from ur dream and have a very private wedding.

Why can't the friends invest in themselves or their family invest in them? Some friends enjoy being leeches; they just like to eat from someone else. As people grow, some friends should be cut off.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
Op just post your wedding invitation on every social media. You will be surprised the number of people who will turn up

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by kristen12(f): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
I do event management and decor. I run weddings especially.
What you're talking about isn't something new. I've arranged guest, groomsmen, bridesmaid, parents of both bride and groom for a wedding and it came out beautifully well.
You'll even meet them before your event to assess and talk to them...

Send me a direct message and I'll run you through how it works.
I also work based on your budget.

11 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Deerock(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
ImaIma1:

Why can't the friends invest in themselves or their family invest in them? Some friends enjoy being leeches; they just like to eat from someone else. As people grow, some friends should be cut off.

Why focus only on my second paragraph? Don't get me wrong.

There's a big difference between friends and peer group, some friends are like family, so why shouldn't he be helpful to them?

I will forever be grateful to a friend of mine, come rain, come sun. I also have a guy who doesn't joke with me becos of a past event. I believe that's the whole essence of genuine friendship.

(Las las apply wisdom in doing things for some friends )

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Deerock:

Why focus only on my second paragraph? Don't get me wrong.

There's a big difference between friends and peer group, some friends are like family, so why shouldn't he be helpful to them?

I will forever be grateful to a friend of mine, come rain, come sun. I also have a guy who doesn't joke with me becos of a past event. I believe that's the whole essence of genuine friendship.

(Las las apply wisdom in doing things for some friends )

Apparently the Op doesn't have such true friends from what he has said. Besides, friendship should be reciprocated, and not one side always looking to benefit. There's always something someone can do. That's my belief.

13 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
Orisirisi. grin
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Iruobean(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
shocked
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Savagecontents: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Twitter no gree open again with VPN
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by blinking001(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Wahala cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Omooba77: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

Pick a venue near Osodi

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by solexjames(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Pls hire me o
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nwachi22(f): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

You can hire us. It’s our area of specialty.

You can hire us. It’s our area of specialty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akufo-Addo, Amaechi, KSA, RMD, Obanikoro At Ovation Red Carol / Professional Certification For Event Planners / Check Out Photos From The 2017 Cultural Carnival In Calabar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.