Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion (16805 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigerian Flag To Be Flown Half-mast For 3 Days In Honour Of COAS / Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Mayflowa(m): 6:03am On Jun 23, 2021
MansoryMX:
Additional $62 billions dollars recovered from some Oil companies just like that! Not even the total sum for the year but additional! I believe these companies reduced their profit margin to pay less taxes to government but after external auditing by the government, their yansh was opened and they had no option but to remit the right figure payable to Federal government. Money dey this country ooo! Money dey!! Money really really dey Nigeria!!!!

Do you know how much is $62 billion dollars? If not for this court case against Federal Government, the masses don’t even know how government revenues are managed, they no longer allow public press anymore in government institutions where revenues are generated or recorded. Give that amount to 6 small countries in Europe and watch how they will transform their environment into heaven, upgrade their health care and security. Today look at UAE, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait in terms of infrastructure, technology, electricity, health care and security. Then look at the likes of Nigeria, Iraq, Syria and Afghan. You can tell the common differences from these countries. Some have visions, accountability, determinations to compete with the Western world, China and Russia and even to supersede them! Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country in every aspect you can think of and it saddens my heart we have never had a leader with the right vision to move this country to where it ought to be, instead they keep on using different tactics like cow issues and insecurity to distract the masses on daily basis!

I am beginning to think the meaning of the name Nigeria is know as “Waywardness, cursed or backwardness”. How can a country be so blessed with so many different natural resources and intelligent people, yet so wayward to the core! I know we dislike each other in this country but gosh! This people in government representing each of us from different tribes, locations or religion are seriously killing not just our body and soul but also our future. Even if this country divides into 20 pieces today, if we don’t get rid of the bad eggs that have ruined and still ruining the blessed country called Nigeria like Ghana did theirs and the French did in the 18th century, we all will still suffer in our various New Nation. I weak abeg

Just imagined the additional money gained? $62B! Our reserve is not even up to $40B! This money can change the fortune of any nation! Yet no light, no road, no water, no security. We are finished!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by vedaxcool(m): 6:03am On Jun 23, 2021
[s]
MansoryMX:
Additional $62 billions dollars recovered from some Oil companies just like that! Not even the total sum for the year but additional! I believe these companies reduced their profit margin to pay less taxes to government but after external auditing by the government, their yansh was opened and they had no option but to remit the right figure payable to Federal government. Money dey this country ooo! Money dey!! Money really really dey Nigeria!!!!

Do you know how much is $62 billion dollars? If not for this court case against Federal Government, the masses don’t even know how government revenues are managed, they no longer allow public press anymore in government institutions where revenues are generated or recorded. Give that amount to 6 small countries in Europe and watch how they will transform their environment into heaven, upgrade their health care and security. Today look at UAE, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait in terms of infrastructure, technology, electricity, health care and security. Then look at the likes of Nigeria, Iraq, Syria and Afghan. You can tell the common differences from these countries. Some have visions, accountability, determinations to compete with the Western world, China and Russia and even to supersede them! Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country in every aspect you can think of and it saddens my heart we have never had a leader with the right vision to move this country to where it ought to be, instead they keep on using different tactics like cow issues and insecurity to distract the masses on daily basis!

I am beginning to think the meaning of the name Nigeria is know as “Waywardness, cursed or backwardness”. How can a country be so blessed with so many different natural resources and intelligent people, yet so wayward to the core! I know we dislike each other in this country but gosh! This people in government representing each of us from different tribes, locations or religion are seriously killing not just our body and soul but also our future. Even if this country divides into 20 pieces today, if we don’t get rid of the bad eggs that have ruined and still ruining the blessed country called Nigeria like Ghana did theirs and the French did in the 18th century, we all will still suffer in our various New Nation. I weak abeg
[/s]

At the very least you are expected to read before you post.

The FG accused oil companies of not remitting the $62B. The companies are yet to refund a dime. The process and negotiation is ongoing. The news of this is over 2 - 3 years old.
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Biafrannuke: 6:03am On Jun 23, 2021
Where will they get the money to fight Biafra?
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Sleekfingers: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2021
mrkings84:
Abeg they should bring the money sharp Sharp... Oil things!!

wetin una don use the money wey una dey collect do? Bo be individual pocket the money dey go.........
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by ZooOga: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2021
LOLZ, Top Western CPA and Accounting firms have tried and failed to audit the books of the NNPC. Next Joke. grin

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by YelloweWest: 6:07am On Jun 23, 2021
Wike don kill us be that with more fly over

Na the only thing e sabi :

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by mrkings84(m): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2021
Sleekfingers:

wetin una don use the money wey una dey collect do? Bo be individual pocket the money dey go.........

U don't need to ask me. Come down to Rivers, then pass through to Akwabom you will see what these two governors are doing.

Above, it's better the money get to their owners rather than end in the pockets of this parasites called fg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Faithful1234(m): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2021
buhari don spend all the money for travel to the airport and the world ask malami.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by drlateef: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2021
agulion:
FG should pay them the money very quick, after all Bola Tinubu , the Chicago drug Lord got two bullion van

Even if they give $100 billion to your state, the governor will steal everything and you will witness no development. For us in Lagos, Tinubu never received any allocation and Lagos is the best and no. 1 in Nigeria. Bullion van works for us in Lagos, it will not work for you in your state. Go and hold your Governor by the jugular and leave Tinubu alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Ekpeitit(m): 6:11am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by gender123: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2021
Maga want pay... grin
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Tinubuadvocate: 6:12am On Jun 23, 2021
[s]
agulion:
FG should pay them the money very quick, after all Bola Tinubu , the Chicago drug Lord got two bullion van
[/s] try get small sense.
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Ekpeitit(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2021
Now you understand why Biafra people are begging us everyday to join them.
Dem get long throat for our oil money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by alfredfrddy(m): 6:15am On Jun 23, 2021
Must the court order the FG if it is doing what is right?
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by KingOKON: 6:17am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by KingOKON: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s] try get small sense.

Mr SENSE is Tinubus house a garage for Bullion Van?
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by MansoryMX(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

At the very least you are expected to read before you post.

The FG accused oil companies of not remitting the $62B. The companies are yet to refund a dime. The process and negotiation is ongoing. The news of this is over 2 - 3 years old.

“ Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the Federal Government to pay a cumulative sum of over $3 billion (about N1.4 trillion) to Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

The amount stands as shares of the two states from $62 billion crude oil sales said to have been recovered from some oil companies.”

Read that again before you quote me. Even if the news is 5 to 6 years old, Do you know how much is additional $62 Billion dollars? If you don’t what a mouth of money that is! continue quoting me but if you! do then don’t ever quote me again because I fit naked Cabash on top your head this early morning angry

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Flows001(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2021
Chai...
See better cash out for those Lawyers wey handle the matter.
The Attorneys General of the States and the Lawyers in their offices... I envy una!
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Boyooosa(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2021
They are brothers....

FG will come out to say governors don't give local government adequate allocation
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by michoim(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2021
Nonsense judgement that can never fly. Some judges are just devoid of wisdom...
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Drosonogasta(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2021
I know say buhari go wan collect china loan to pay
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Timtellect: 6:52am On Jun 23, 2021
MansoryMX:

I am beginning to think the meaning of the name Nigeria is know as “Waywardness, cursed or backwardness”. How can a country be so blessed with so many different natural resources and intelligent people, yet so wayward to the core! I know we dislike each other in this country but gosh! This people in government representing each of us from different tribes, locations or religion are seriously killing not just our body and soul but also our future. Even if this country divides into 20 pieces today, if we don’t get rid of the bad eggs that have ruined and still ruining this blessed country called Nigeria like Ghana did theirs and the French did in the 18th century, We will never get it right and we all will still suffer in our various New Nations!!!!!!!!!!. I weak abeg

You said it all my guy.. I swear to God, if I have my way, I would kill all the corrupt public officers I know.... I weak pass u my guy
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by NkanAkpanika: 7:00am On Jun 23, 2021
mrkings84:
Abeg they should bring the money sharp Sharp... Oil things!!

With this money, I see Wike building another flyover, and Udom securing another aeroplane for Ibom Air.

Good enough, aside Lagos, these are the only 2 states competing for projects delivery!
Exactly
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by KingOKON: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Wetin Buhari and Nigeria de use our money de do?
Even u and ur governor wetin una de use our money do?
MUMU u de ask me wey de feed all of una wetin I de use money do.. Thunder fire U
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by MemoriesAndMe: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2021
Where do they expect Buhari to borrow this kind of money from? Una wan kill this man?
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by 1Dray(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2021
Drsnives:
What about Delta State..
Make una no make me vex

Isn't it obvious? There's no food for a closed mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by otokx(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2021
Drsnives:
What about Delta State..
Make una no make me vex

Dem nuh follow na, dia own tins get as e be.
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by NairaMaster1(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2021
Blue3k:
Man the FG is lazy. What are all these lawyers paid fr if the can't even respond to judgment. Lol good on Akwa Ibom and Rivers for securing the bag thus far.

It's not laziness, it's arrogance.
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by LegalWolf: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2021
Blue3k:
Man the FG is lazy. What are all these lawyers paid fr if the can't even respond to judgment. Lol good on Akwa Ibom and Rivers for securing the bag thus far.

It may be a ploy to frustrate and delay the case.
Me thinks the suit should have been made to the Supreme Court at first instance and not the FHC. If that is the thinking of the AGF, they’ll file action to challenge the jurisdiction of the FHC and that will take time coz it favors them, that ends it. If not, they’ll appeal up to the Supreme Court. In fact, it may take years before the action is eventually decided. But let’s watch how it plays out sha
Re: Court Orders Nigerian Government To Pay Rivers, Akwa Ibom ₦1.4 Trillion by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2021
Laughable...

Dem go hear?

People that don't have respect for rule of law and court orders

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bobrisky: Yorubas Have A Culture Of Spraying Naira - Reno Omokri / A Must See Pictures From Ariaria International Market Aba / Massive Queue At NNPC Tanke Area In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.