Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29521 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by phlank: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go back to the filling station, buy another 10k worth of diesel with your car not gallon from that same attendant, then try driving out without paying, if they stop you then tell them to call their manager... Then he must show you statement of account for that previous day transaction
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by KINGKONG(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ofuks:
Dear OP,

The issue is with your bank and not the POS Merchant.
Your account was debited for a DECLINED transaction.
Luckily, you have the evidence (transaction receipt).
Kindly write a complaint letter to your bank and give them 2 weeks to reverse your funds or you will institute a legal action against them, for unwarranted debit.
The dispute team in your bank will re-log your claim and follow up until it is resolved.
Ordinarily a declined transaction, is not set up to debit a customer account, but if a debit occurs, the banks banking application is supposed to initiate an auto-reversal.
There is a dispute system where all banks interact to resolve this kind of claim.
So sorry.

I've made a transaction on a POS machine and I was debited but it showed declined on their machine, but the agent had to check their transaction log for a certain code

There are error code on each transaction which have different meaning, with some codes you can still be paid even if it shows declined transaction... But some agents will not wanna do it ....
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by magzey: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.
10k and write EFCC? Common please report to your bank to follow up for your money.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by AOgundipe3: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
please drop your number I will call and put you through how to recover your money. I am a banker I handle this type of issues everyday.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by c2far: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
I love matters like this. It's the easiest to resolve if you know how. Just simple emails and you will be fine.

1. Get the email address of the staff attending to you at FMCB; your bank.
2. Get the official email address of FCMB too.
3. Get the Filling Station Manager's name and also the staff that you eventually transfered to. You should have the latter easily since you posted payment to him. For the Manager, also get his phone number. Armed with these, move on to stage 4.
4. Get the official email address of Mobil Nigeria or whatever name they go by.
5. Get the names of the CEO. Go to email hunter and then find his email address or use LinkedIn.
6. Draft a beautiful email listing out your points one after the other with dates. Be very clear and brief. A page at most. Attach the POS Declined document and also the document from the bank proving the transaction was right.
7. Don't go EFCC or CBN yet.
8. Send your email and wait for the magic.
9. You see why we said they cannot ban Twitter now! Na for there we dey resolve matters like this before.

Best of luck with this.

4 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by angelfallz(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
I believe you can use bank apps to verify if a said amount of money has entered your account.

Some days ago someone paid some money into my account in my presence, I did not receive any alert, but I opened my bank app, checked my transactions and behold the money was credited to my account. It was an hour or so later that I received the alert.

abatically:

U won't use pos but will rather do transfer lol. Maybe u don't know pos has less fail rate than transfer. At least for POS once it's approved it's instant. For transfer they will ask u to wait till they get alert and God help u in some cases that alert doesn't come until the next day. Sometimes sef 2 days they won't see alert.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Segzy19: 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
You have been advised adequately.

You have options of actions to take.

1. Write EFCC telling that the fuel station is into the act of defrauding people with ATM.

2. Go with a police or army officer to drag the manager till he returns your money.

The manager and his fuel attendants are into that scam.

You too, subsequently don't pay into anyone's personal account for such transaction. Insist that they give you the official account number.
All those personal account payment things are usually suspect and not pure.

Don't allow them cheat you. Let it end it stop with you otherwise they will still do it to many more people
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by IvarDboneless: 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.
I was scammed twice at the said same fuel station. Mobile at lekki. Madam no gree ooh get your money back anyway you can
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by amdoyin82(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Thanks for your response, I will do this.
Don't do shit. It will only amount to waste of time resources. This happens often in filling station. It could be as a result do network downtime or POS error. The receipts shows clearly declined. The best is to go to your bank and fill Pos reversal form. Afterward a mail will be sent to the filling station to do proper investigation. You don't need EFCC...
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Toluene06(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Tell the station manager to bring the Pos end of the day.(EOD) of the day. From there u may see the transaction.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by samsam2019: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.
I have a lot of experience in this job and I can tell you for a fact that their account has been credited. It's either he has spent your money and trying to play you or the manager has no access to where he can confirm the transaction ( which I doubt)

Carry police go arrest them
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by emmykk(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Alaye go there again buy diesel worth N10K ,then when they ask you for payment tell them you have paid before.

The kingdom of God suffer violence and you must do things unconventional.
There is a book I read some time ago about how to complain. You do off things to drive home the point.if you go there and be speaking correct English know that your money is gone

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by babajide107: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
I am a pos merchant..Seems the pos belongs to UBA.Take the reciept to UBA with your proof they would call the owner

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by frowland(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.

Write to who? Story.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by vickydevoka(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Aunty calm down. De manager is right. All I need to do is for you to go to the bank. De will notify de POS where de money if deducted
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by befocused1: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
You can as well walk to any UBA branch to make a complain at the customer care desk with the evidence (2 receipts) with you.
Alternatively, you can mail UBA customer, check their website for details. But for data safety I prefer the first option.

The manner of the manager may be the issue but bear in mind that some of them don't have access to the software app that manages the POS.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by HEAVEN4444: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Same wahala....... grin

I went to a restaurant, tendered my debit card.... It got declined on 3 occasions.......

I had to walk to an ATM machine, the same declined card, gave me cash ......

Went back to the restaurant, paid my bill..... Got to my hotel room, checked my account, the 3 declined attempts, actually paid.....

Went to my bank the next day, lodged a complaint..... Only one payment was ever reversed....

Morale of the story : Cash payments only or direct bank transfers (I cannot fit shout)....... cheesy
grin grin grin grin But wait ooo so you left them with the rest of the money ? well me myself i dont use my card anymore. strictly cash. i have had up to 8 incidents where card declined but money debited from my account. although in my case all was eventually refunded but each case takes about 2 months each before they refund your money. on one occasion i had to report the bank to CBN. wrote CBN and copied the bank, when the bank saw the CBN comPlaint letter they quickly put the money back in my account immediately lol. but its too much drama and time so now its strictly cash. me i no get time to dey fight bank
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by callydon(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

My bank said the money cannot be reversed since mobil’s account was credited.

THIS IS WRONG!!!

D money can actually be reversed.

See what will happen:
- you go fill a 'dispense error form' at ur bank.
- Ur bank will send an email to d bank of Mobil filling station showing them ur claim, and they'll av maximum of 24hrs to reply.
- When they don't reply will prove dt you're lying, then ur bank will credit ur account.

THAT'S ALL...

Actually in d real sense, it's YOUR BANK you should hold accountable BECAUSE you have a receipt showing DECLINED and they still debited you.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ismaistylez: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
What I know is that banks credit the POS total transactions of the day together so there's no way to see yours in it.

But if the manager is very honest, all he can do is reconcile the amount of the POS total sales of that day with the amount the bank credited them and he will definitely see the difference of ₦10k otherwise just assume you were scammed by the attendant and manager and fight that station for your money back.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by SonofGod231: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
The manager isn't sincere with you,they have a log where all the transactions made on the POS for the day shows.
All they need to do is check the log through the particular time and date of the transaction on the slip to see if the account was boosted after the said declined transaction.
Go to your Bank and Get Your account statement for that Period and take it to the fuel station.
I was in a similar situation last December after a super market POS showed declined but the 15k was debited from my account.
After battling with the super market management for two weeks,it happened that my bank was actually the ones that wrongly debited me and refunded the money after two months.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by atilla(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hi tunbosun002

You dont want to give info about the attendant and this is where the problem is. Did u also not give this info to the station manager that you transferred to the attendants account?
What I think is the attendant played a fast one on you. Esp since u said it took like 30mins for the transaction to go through and it wasnt In front of you.
If you are going with soldier or police pick the attendant and leave to police station but you will still spend money. The manager has checked the the stan code as someone said doesnt match is showing him your receipt reversed.
You might have to go through the correct office in mobil to get this resolved. I checked online and saw Mobil stations details below

Emaik: info@11plc.com
Tel: +234 1 280 1600

Dont forget to let us know the end of story
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Segun2222: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

My bank said the money cannot be reversed since mobil’s account was credited.
get their account frozen since they're denying it
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Godsown0: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.
I don’t know why most of this coperate organizations do this, that was how one 4 star hotel tried to sca.m me of N10k not untill i reported them to hotel.ng they called me back to get my money the second day, their should be an oil and gas regulating body i guess report to them
NB forget bank they won’t help you unless you are ready to wait till eternity, forget efcc too they have alot of cases at hand they may not attend to you as of the time of need
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by BananaPeel(m): 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The manager is a criminal. You can simply check bank statements using bank app. He should check from phone or go to his bank to print statement for this month, it will be there and can't be erased. Like someone rightly said, go there and tell him efcc will visit them soon.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by beambally: 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dear Op, please go back to FCMB with the declined slip and tell the customer service person to help you log for charge back attaching the declined slip.but since the request has been logged before, advise them rouse arbitration with UBA with the declined slip with you. I assure you of getting your money if these steps are followed before Friday next week.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by HEAVEN4444: 3:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
OP truth of the matter is that bank has nothing to do with your issue. you got defrauded. people are saying the STAN on the declined receipt is different and so as what looks like happened here is that the guy did it twice ( i mean you did say he was with your card for 30 minutes right ? WTF is he with your card for 30 minutes ? he looked at you and saw you were soft and that he could take advantage ). anyway so during those 30 minutes he did a transaction that was successful and he is using the money you paid him into his own account as his own mugu payment while he used the authorised one to pay for the diesel. and so yur bank has nothing to do with this again. the matter is between you and the thief you dealt with. and why will an attendant tell you to pay money into his own personal account ? what level of unprofessional-ism is that ? does he own the company ? why is money going into his personal account ? anyway you got duped. this matter is between you and the guy whom your money went into his personal account. you have to pay a policeman like 3000 and take him to confront the guy. the business or your bank has no dealings in this your affair. the worst the business can do is sack the guy but the business is not involved. they will simply tell you we dont know what transaction you and the guy had for you to pay money into his personal account. could be a drug deal between you and him that went wrong. next time dont pay money into peoples personal account
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Next time you are going there, please don't forget to go with lighter or matches... just strike the stick and get ur handfuls instant justice... I hate rubbish, he don't chop ordinary 10k clean mouth... criminal
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by sammysmiles(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:

Good afternoon sir
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

I think you shouldn't be too quick to trust your bank on this.
I had a similar experience with TOTAL petro station and GTB.
MINE of 16,000. 8k twice. I called my bank to complain immediately, they kept me on hold for like 30 minutes and tell me the transaction was successful so it can't be reversed.
I started making war with total staffs at the petrol station for days.
Their manage kept telling me to go inside the bank to complain but I was like why when I already called the bank.
After 15 says of daily war and arguments, I decided to go into the bank and fill a POS reserve form. Lo and behold, my money was reversed 3 days later. I had to go back to that total to apologize to them cuz I said some threatening words to that attendant that did the transaction.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by akphrat(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

. I understand your stress and pain on this issue, but the manager should have printed the EOD of that date for you to show the your bank. Sometimes it happened like that but your account officer will Mail the Station bank and work things out for your money to be reversed. It's not the manager's fault. Pls go back and ask for the EOD and check if your card number is among the approved transactions.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by JJyoung: 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
I have the same issue with UBA,Kabba branch, Kogi State since March 24, 2021. Up till now UBA is yet to refund the N10,000 to us. We went as far as investigating up to NIBBS and found that NIBBS declined the transaction and advised UBA to refund the cardholder. We were given the log code as UBA038552126 so it can be easy for UBA to trace the credit to their Suspense Account and it was warehoused in UBA Suspense by UBA staff in Kabba Branch. But up till now it's still been held by DISPUTE AND CHARGEBACK TEAM of CARD OPERATIONS UNIT of UBA HEAD OFFICE and they are yet to refund the 10k to us
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by miniziter(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:

NO be only EFCC. Don't you see declined?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Investment Opportunity In Packaged Water Business / Different Types Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Market (meme Collection) / PHOTOS: Leather Inception Mission In Sokoto Is Full Swing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.