Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29564 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Lushka(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Skyfornia:

God knows I will never use my ATM card on any POS machine unless on an extremely emergency situation. I will rather go to the ATM and withdraw my money...then pay in cash or I do a transfer. Many Nigerians are fraudsters and always looking for an opportunity to defraud, outsmart or cheat another person.

OP I suggest you put more pressure on your bank since the manager is stubborn, your bank can then contact the receiver's bank and flag the account.
I am in the same shoes. I don't insert my debit card on any Nigerian POS unless it is mandatory.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.
No. He wasn't supposed to be redirected by his bank to the merchant. That is poor banking ethics by his bank!
In the case of a declined transaction, every issue should be carried out by the bank and not them sending him on futile journey

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by seyz91(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
Gbam! Lobatan
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by elvictorus: 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Why all these stories. Just go there and ask them to fill your tank after that tell the attendant that the manager will pay for the fuel.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by horlakunleh(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
The deal is between your bank and theirs, talk to your bank's customer care to log a complain on your behalf to their bank, that's how your money will get reversed.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Jayslyder: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
I work with ecobank csu..u can easily resolve this by telling him to get the statement of account..from the day of the transaction till present..he might not be credited that same day
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by mechanics(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Next time don't ever use POS for transaction again, better go with physical cash, you might have to use the police to arrest the manager or report them to CBN
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Seankay323: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Weneda:

Hmm madam thesame happened to my wife but i thank God is 1k nd it was refunded by the POS agent. She try using her card but the guy said it was declined. She came back and got alert of 1k deducted from her account by the POS. She went back the next day and showed the guy the lert, he was still adamant. She went to the bank and layed a complain, the customer care checked her system it showed money was deducted. The customer care told my wife to go and collect her money from the POS. I followed her, saw the guy told him that we are coming from the bank now, he should give me the 1k. He was just ranting here nd there but after everything he gave us the 1k. We should be careful of using POS for transactions. Some of this guy's are not smiling. So madam in my humble opinion, go to the bank and print ur statement of account from that day u made that transaction, go with some older guys or ur husband (if u are married), present the statement to him, he can't deny it.
Oga if a transaction shows declined on a pos receipt you can still get debited without it being the agent's fault. The agent is protected by law not to issue the money until you lay a complaint and fill a dispense error form or call your bank customer care to confirm the status of the transaction , whether it was truly declined or approved before accusing the agent. The money can still be taken out of the agent account with or without their knowledge and then the customers gets double money. This happens always infact some businesses lose a lot of money from customers going to their banks to say I got debited no value and banks will give 1 day to a merchant to respond and if not will take the money out and give a customer for an approved transaction . it is not always the merchant fault.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ozueozue(m): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
I operate POS machine what I will advice u is this, print the statement of your account. From the receipt above clearly states the POS uses UBA sever. So send a mail in copy your bank, UBA and EFCC.

What I see here maybe the manager don't know much about POS (cos the receipt is printing Declined) cow I remember when I first started the business the day I receive the POS what they told me was once the receipt printed DECLINED Don't pay Out, but after months of experience it's far from that.
And your bank too, Dem no the try, normally once u report such case to your bank they're suppose to carry the matter from there, and write to UBA Dem cevs UBA will do what will call charge back and deduct the money from the agent and pay u once your evidence is concrete
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Ten06(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go to your bank and collect your statement of account reflecting the total transaction you had with them and go and show it to the manager, if he still refuse to give you your money go back to the bank and make them to retrieve the money from their account.
Or you go to the police station and share the money with them when they recover the money by locking the local petrol station manager for some days
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by MacBriggsons: 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Write to EFCC and lay full and formal complaints and provide appropriate and adequate details. Also provide your contact details for them to reach you. You can also provide details of the Manager and the staff you credited his account directly.

Then Copy the underlisted:

-NIgerian Police
-Department of Petroleum Resources,DPR (very important)
-Weights and Measures
-Your bank
-Their bank

Make sure all copied parties get a copy of the letter. Then follow up.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
This is the full email received from FCMB stating that they contacted UBA.

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by SirBunky85(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
wunmi590:

Don't be fool, the attendant and manager are working hand in hand to defraud people....

The manager might have gotten his share from the 10k you transferred to the attendant personal account....

Why would a manager say money paid into POS machine can't be traced....

Go with soldier and create whala there and also write EFCC and the first commenter said, him go fear release the money....

On a normal day, they are suppose to have a declined receipt with them as a copy to file incase of any issue like this...
your advise is good but the problem is that, She'll spend more than the 10k to arrange for a soldier
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by phemmyfour: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.
Get him arrested asap. He's a thief. Get a soldier to lock him up
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Gfskw: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Oh
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by wunmi590(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
SirBunky85:
your advise is good but the problem is that, She'll spend more than the 10k to arrange for a soldier

You are very right about spending more than the 10k, but these people need to be taught a lesson
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Levels1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

You don't have any business with the filling station, go back to your bank and request to see their manager, should him/her the declined receipt and if they refuse to refund your money,then you can report to CBN as there's a standing order that all banks should as a matter of urgency refund any complain on any form of decline transaction henceforth.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Your bank is a foolish bank. Go bank there all this new generation banks
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by williams85(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
I need to verify something from you..
Were you around the Pos when the attendant was trying to use ur card?
Because, the transaction was approved during one of the trials.
The attendant stole from you..
My advice is to request for their bank statement on the day of the transaction...
I was once a manager of a Mega station.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by NwaOhafia: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
A similar thing happened to me at FO igbo elerin. I did the first transaction and the attendant told me it declined, he printed out the slip for the day sells and my transaction was not there, I did a second time and it went through.
I immediately send a mail to my bank and my bank said they will get back to me. I went there the second day and they claimed it was declined and was returned to me.

2days after the attendant called me that the manager want me to come and collect my money, I asked him to transfer but he refuse.

As I got there some days after, the manager was telling me that his bank, GT bank wants returning both transaction back to me and please I should return both transaction when my bank credit me be because he later saw my first transaction and will give me cash, and then I suspected a foul play. so if my bank won't have being refunding both transaction to me back he would still be claiming he didn't see the first one.

I transferred both transactions to them yesterday, if i was cunny I won't have did it because they have nothing to track me.

All those filling station managers are big thiefs
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by miniziter(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
Calicoe:

Village Idea or not, na wetin dem deserve be that
Seriously Nigeria banks need to give their customers orientation on how debit works on POS.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by teemy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.

Mobil is not a small company. It is better you file a case against the manager and his assistant at their office than to be said to cause trouble at their station. The case might turn against you. Go the EFCC route or write the company or both. Make the manager you would be escalating the issue till he pays up. That would be a heads-up warning enough. You can also report to Mobile via their social media pages.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Eagba(m): 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.
na una they give all this useless Nigerian soldier mind to dey put mouth for civil Matta
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ogaAK(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
All the manager needs to do is go Online n get soft copy of that statement for the said pos for that day, it can also be filtered to just the said amount using excel
Then he will check the statement for the pan n stan no if its corresponds he can also go to the bank to confirm too.
Then he will check what they sold with what was given to him. If difference dey den he will know who to hold simple. Na manager no sabi do reconciliation work.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Elmander1983(m): 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
Pls go and fill a dispense error for with your bank. That's the only way you can resolve it easily. Following such up with UBA is always frustrating but, let Fcmb handle it cos they are your bank
tunbosun002:

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by BitterSoul(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

I'm just seeing this now. Believe me, the money is not with the filling station. Go to any branch of your bank and fill dispute form. The money will be reversed. I can give you thousands of evidence to support this
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by emmancipated(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=tunbosun002 post=103003306][/quote]

As the transaction shows declined, that means it is a failed transaction. The tricky part here is that the fuel station will still be credited/settled for that failed transaction. You should inform your bank to raise a chargeback for this transaction against the merchant that issued the POS to the fuel station. Since it failed, they will have no other option than to accept the chargeback, which literally means that they are telling the bank to debit their account and process a refund for you through your bank.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Emmypure: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Anything declined, the money did not go, even if you received debit alert it will still revert, I am a banker.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
This is the full email received from FCMB stating that they contacted UBA.

#10k no be small money in this current Naija o. Failed transactions can be so frustrating. Just make sure you don't take measures that would make you lose all the money or even more. Go to the manager again & show him this latest response from FCMB. Let him know it's no longer your fault if the issue gets escalated beyond his thinking, as you can't afford to let go of #10k like that.

I really feel your pain. May God help you out.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Yemi7up: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Please get back to FCMB, the manager of the filling station doesn't even know or understand his job. FCMB should give you a charge back form to fill and you will sure get your money back. The attendant didn't defraud you but a system that is not working,normally there should be automatic reversal but when this is not done you get back to your bank. Some FCBM staff don't even understand what to do which is a big problem.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Landy101(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
1. Those talking about double transactions and using the STAN on the print outs are wrong
Every pos transaction, declined or approved carries it's own stan
Go back and check the receipts posted above,
Both receipts carries the same transaction time 20:18:16
This proves that the transaction declined initially but was later approved by your bank.

The money is either in mobil's account or with interswich who serves as third-party for interbank transactions.
1- My best advise is go and print your statement of account from you bank covering the period of transactions showing both the declined and approved transaction.

2.- Now go to the fuel attendant and show him ur evidence asking him to refund the money you transferred to him or else you'll get the police and the EFCC involved, giving him 24hours.
If there is nothing positive from him and the ultimatum elapses,

3- Now go to the police station closest to the filling station in question and lay a complain against the fuel attendant and the manager for scamming you, showing them your statement of account and both receipts.
They will be picked up and ask to provide proof that the fund is not in their account which will prompt them to print out their statement of account,
If the money reflects on the account they'll be asked to refund you,
If the money does not reflect on the statement,
Then you get a copy of it and it helps your case against your bank,
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tugrow(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

OP POS transaction are difficult to trace by your bank, and at this point your bank can do little or nothing about it , because your bank may not know too quick the pos terminal that waa use , some POS transactions remittance to the link bank is instant while some next day.. tell the maneger that you want to see that POS to bank remittance documents for that day and the next day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NNPC Fuel Depot In Kaduna On Fire (photos) / Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) / Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.