Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70239 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by pembisco(m): 5:33am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
You must be stuupiiiiid for insinuating Catholics are not saved. Idioooootttt. Who the phuccck made you a judge over who is saved or not? Brainwashed phoool, you are not different from Boko Haram. Your type think you know it better. Assssswhole. You could have easily stated your denomination differences with your guy without disrespecting the Catholics but as usual, your dumb brainwashed mucous brains wouldn't let you. Intolerant religious bigot, forming saint. Next time be much careful with what you utter from your dirty smelling mouth. Immmbecile. Hiss at your worthless being. Now go phuccck that useless phhooool trying to deceive you with holy holy in your new church. Motherphuccckerr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Codenister: 5:35am On Jun 24, 2021
To be honest, it seems as though you are the red flag.

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by realtalk19: 5:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Ahmed0336:
angry
Do you mean him being a Catholic is a big deal or what?

You have two options
1. Manage am like that and marry him.

2. Look for someone you thing fits your spiritual life and marry.

But remember this, NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD.

Marriage alone needs to be well managed talk more of a partner. If the op isn't convinced in her spirit them she still has a choice to make if not they may end up as enemies
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by IkUKU01(m): 5:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Please hult the relationship and help the poor man.. Because if that good man mistakenly marries you he is in big trouble..

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Mimiranky: 5:41am On Jun 24, 2021
So are you trying to say being a Catholic isn't safe Young girl wise up o.... My prayers is, he should dump you for saying that trash

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by eseh1(f): 5:44am On Jun 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by kaynex(m): 5:44am On Jun 24, 2021
Lol she go don get another "Pentecostal brethren" and she de find excuse. grin

May God help the poor man weh you wan destroy with ur iberibeism
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fxwarrior: 5:46am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

The disappointment you talk about is small compared to a lifetime of regret and eternal doom because whether you like it or not; his decisions will affect your Christian Life.

Be bold and tell your parents and mean it. Someone close to me made this same decision and she's regretting it currently and she never drank alcohol prior to seeing him but he made her start taking it and other nonsense attitudes like telling her not to go to church...

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by jaxxy(m): 5:46am On Jun 24, 2021
decub:

So you were actually a sinner by being a Catholic.

FYI, this assumption alone could make you a fanatic.

Yes there are sinners everywhere both Catholic and other denominations sir. Don't play politics here cos ur Catholic

There are Catholics one can't marry just like there are Pentecostals one can't marry. U must agree in views and areas important to both of u or else don't bother.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Freddie007: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2021
Aunty are you a virgin? if yes no wahala....carry on! but if otherwise find your speck victim.... please help the young man by telling him you are done with him....after worth i dont give a f*****k how you choose to live your life cool cool cool cool cool cool...las las we all go meet there...
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by mikendie(m): 5:48am On Jun 24, 2021
My summation is that OP is considering one brother on side pestering her life and here she comes trying to make the world see reasons to accept a brethren's proposal. Shalom
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Blaqfellow: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2021
Everything she said is just don't make sense to me religion has nothing to do with marriage you don't know what you want
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fxwarrior: 5:50am On Jun 24, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
Broken relationship is better than broken marriage. Talk to him better. I don't see any joy in not happy in a relationship.

You mean beg him to change?

Depending on his temperament, you may want to talk to him in an open place accompanied by someone.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by yesloaded: 5:52am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Marriage is not about what to just posted but mutual agreement and understanding between both party.

Where I lives, a Christian and Muslim married each other and living happily for over 10yrs now, husband is a Muslim and wife a Christian

Catholic and Pentecostal as still Christian, it's better for you to marry a responsible Catholic than getting married to a wolf in sheep clothing Pentecostal.

If your catholic fiance has other bad habit that you can't cope with then you can cancel the whole thing with him but if it's just based on ground he's a catholic then it's not enough reason for you to call it quits.

I am a Christian too but not a fanatic, only God can judge everyone of us. What matter most is to live holy life, don't harm others and stay away from doing what makes your fellow human life miserable

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fxwarrior: 5:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad

It's not about where he worships but his conviction, attitude and approach to his beliefs.

They are not compatible. Anything that is ignored during courtship will blow up after marriage.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by eeewise(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Many will bash and insult you here because of your write up(catholics vs pentecostal). Besides very few can relate with what you wrote considering there is a general "hatred" for pentecostal pastors here.

My opinion is not to rush a decision as big as marriage when in doubt.

If he is not truly saved ( some Catholics are saved) call it off immediately without battling an eye lid

Align with the wisdom of the word ( don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers)

Don't be intimidating by comments here. If he is not born again ( which is irrespective of being a Catholic or pentecostal) drop him. If he is but isn't spiritual enough then I will say pray again and postpone wedding dates for clarity
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Coolsphinx: 5:53am On Jun 24, 2021
I don't understand your pains because to me, if you what you are talking about is the main reason you want to part ways with him, you are not making any sense before Christianity came to existence the world has been in existence, so you want to tell me that everyone that everyone that did not become born again will not make heaven? Believe it or not the Bible and Koran were written by humans like you and I, and every religion is man made. Being spiritual and being religious are two different things my sister, a spiritual person is one whose conscience is 100%
alive to detest everything evil and ungodly, loves everyone equally, selfless, ready to forgive and move on, will never partake in anything evil, while a religious person is one who follows up on the activities of his /her religion but not really committed to the cause of humanity. Your fiance may be a catholic but in actual sense still be a better person than most born again Christian, my opinion. Except there are other vile things about him you are not telling us here. But if you feel you don't like him any more, you will do him a favor by leaving him, so that the lady that truly appreciates him will step into his life, there's absolutely nothing like a perfect marriage, marriage is for two matured adults who are ready to sacrifice for each other, forgive one another, love unconditionally and remain best of friends in good and bad times.
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by mac04: 5:53am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Are Catholic not Christian's.The division we cause within the body of Christ is better imagined!.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by otokx(m): 5:54am On Jun 24, 2021
Wonders will never end; it is not too late to take a walk.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Handsum64: 5:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Christians are the problems of this country especially those pentecostal fraudsters

Always sowing seeds of hatred and discord to gather more tithes and offerings from the gullibles and hold them spell bound till Jesus is coming soon

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by JesusDWay(m): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Face the music of what the consequences will be if you break off the engagement now, it will be a lot easier than what you will face when you eventually get married cuz I can tell you almost 100% certain that the marriage isn't likely to last. Amos 3:3 says can two walk together except they be agreed? The most fundamental consideration for born again Christians is if the other person is genuinely saved and reason like you up to like 65-70% otherwise, there's no way you are going to ever be on the same page and, at some point, you both will have to reckon with the truth if you will be able to continue with the journey.

See what Goodnews version of Proverbs 22:3 says - 'Sensible people will see trouble coming and avoid it, but an unthinking person will walk right into it and regret it later'. This should be sufficient to help you make a wise decision, I pray God gives you the courage to.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by loswhite(m): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Can someone tell what the red flags are?
Dont mind the control freak, because she chooses to join Pentecostal the man must also join...lol useless girls
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by hofeshhomes: 5:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Don't get this. I don't see a problem with the man.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Odingo1: 5:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Born again mean baptism.

If after your been born again you are still having sex and committing other sin, that will show you that born again issue is just striving to obey the word of God.

Church you belong to won’t take you to heaven rather your good work. Stop been deceived by denominational doctrine differences.

Catholic Church is good church, stop condemning Catholics that you are saved after leaving the church because your leaving the church have not make you to stop committing sin.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Osobi32(m): 6:01am On Jun 24, 2021
You are the one with the problem, You expect him to be A fanatic like u. Too bad!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by mrblessed(m): 6:02am On Jun 24, 2021
It is best for you to state clearly what your reasons are for suddenly developing cold feet over a decision you took without seeking the face of GOD, even when you claimed to be "saved." I had a good laugh reading your sanctimoniously empty boost of spirituality, while at the time accusing someone whom you have known for a long time to be spiritually lukewarm.

The truth is that, you are seeing someone else probably in the church, whom you think you are spiritually attuned with, and remembered that your boyfriend of three years is actually the devil himself.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by StrictlyStreet: 6:03am On Jun 24, 2021
My candid opinion is that with your holier than Elijah christian life, you should ask that the marriage be called off. The young man would have dodged a grenade. Please look for a Daddy GO and marry so your christian life would be on fire.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Stanlyag(m): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Born again Christian. That's nice. But I hope if you sit for an examination, you won't cheat in it because that's what I quickly see most born agains still consider very ok
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Moshood58(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Even you...do you think you click all the boxes for the guy, because men act as if they don't see any weakness in their fiancee... Continue searching for holy spiritual soulmate. cry cry
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by eedriyz(m): 6:07am On Jun 24, 2021
Brainwashing has set in
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Torniex: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2021
My dear it seems you are your problem. Pls stop bothering my G. What has he done wrong? You didn't state any .

Don't be the type that always claim to be right.
Things of Lord.... things of the Lord. Spiritual life .... spiritual life. You are eyeing that pastor abi?
Una too get wahala!
Abeg free my guy.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by fabianiyobosa(m): 6:07am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So your reason is because of God and spirituality? How about those without God and spirituality and yet have blissful marriages without drama.

I believe you've met someone else in your new church that ticks the box of a holy ghost filled brother so you are carried away already?

Don't deceive yourself, tell him the true reason why you don't want him anymore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Young Man Marries Older Oyinbo Woman In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / 2 Friends Fight, Injure Themselves As 1 Sleeps With The Other's Boyfriend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.