Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria (11658 Views)

What Fintech Ideas Do You Think Startups In Nigeria Are Not Addressing? / Why Are All Tech Startups In Nigeria Fintechs? / Funding Opportunity For Tech-startups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
Some People Call it Data Science, Annie Milgram called it Moneyballing Criminal Justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJNESMhIxQ0
Anne Milgram: Why smart statistics are the key to fighting crime.
When she became the attorney general of New Jersey in 2007, Anne Milgram quickly discovered a few startling facts: not only did her team not really know who they were putting in jail, but they had no way of understanding if their decisions were actually making the public safer. And so began her ongoing, inspirational quest to bring data analytics and statistical analysis to the US criminal justice system.

She isn't a data science expert, but an attorney general (a lawyer). You dont have to be an expert in it to build your data science team
She saw a need for data to make the justice and police system work better. Her work made police efficient from handling more lower cases to the real cases. Data showed her that dangerous criminals are being released while the lesser dangerous are locked up more. She used this to convince judges and make the system work better.

Note that she didnt claim the experience of the judges should not count, but data is vital to make decision and changes. It worked for her and her police team.

If it worked for New Jersey , why can't it work for Nigeria
Yes, we know police is messed and many Abba Kyari are celebrated. But the way out is data. We just must find a way to compel the authority to change for good. We have no choice. We can keep complaining till eternity, but the truth is that if we come together and build something, it will work. It may take time cos they will fight it, but trust me the right procedure eventually wins. However if we continue tarrying, we are postponing further our liberation date.

Am I making sense? Do you see why you should hustle and then come into this and let's fight for the next generation? Nigeria must be great again. Let's "japa", but restrategize too. We can do remotely from anywhere. We have only this Nigeria.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by lordally(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Some People Call it Data Science, Annie Milgram called it Moneyballing Criminal Justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJNESMhIxQ0
Anne Milgram: Why smart statistics are the key to fighting crime.
When she became the attorney general of New Jersey in 2007, Anne Milgram quickly discovered a few startling facts: not only did her team not really know who they were putting in jail, but they had no way of understanding if their decisions were actually making the public safer. And so began her ongoing, inspirational quest to bring data analytics and statistical analysis to the US criminal justice system.

She isn't a data science expert, but an attorney general (a lawyer). You dont have to be an expert in it to build your data science team
She saw a need for data to make the justice and police system work better. Her work made police efficient from handling more lower cases to the real cases. Data showed her that dangerous criminals are being released while the lesser dangerous are locked up more. She used this to convince judges and make the system work better.

Note that she didnt claim the experience of the judges should not count, but data is vital to make decision and changes. It worked for her and her police team.

If it worked for New Jersey , why can't it work for Nigeria
Yes, we know police is messed and many Abba Kyari are celebrated. But the way out is data. We just must find a way to compel the authority to change for good. We have no choice. We can keep complaining till eternity, but the truth is that if we come together and build something, it will work. It may take time cos they will fight it, but trust me the right procedure eventually wins. However if we continue tarrying, we are postponing further our liberation date.

Am I making sense? Do you see why you should hustle and then come into this and let's fight for the next generation? Nigeria must be great again. Let's "japa", but restrategize too. We can do remotely from anywhere. We have only this Nigeria.

What do you think?

Nice!
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Atlanticfire: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
My Job is to tweak your brain to start thinking in the right direction
While I appreciate majority of programmers getting into fiverr and other sites to get jobs, I believe you need to start repositioning yourselves for bigger roles. And I'll show you why and how.

Sure, you need to feed yourself and get life going, remember, Mr President said there is no job the Federal Government is providing. Gush! I still don't get it why Mr. President will come out so direct and say such, but it is the truth (The president does not know how to speak with wisdom). Furthermore, he said that FG cannot help you if you continue destroying what they are building. Well, I agree with Buhari in a sense, but he could do better. OK, let me help you here to explain what the old man wanted to say:

Government should be in the business of creating the right atmosphere for businesses to start and grow, and not creating jobs directly.

You heard me right. Lol. If you want to really understand my point, create a thread and ask Nigerians which job should you keep: Government jobs or Private companies jobs. Then, push it to the front page. You and I know the answers already. But listen to me, if the private sector is not attractive and secured enough for people to work, the economy of the nation will suffer. Government jobs are the last alternatives jobs we should consider except in public policy offices. When government pays more than the private sector as the case is in Nigeria, there is trouble. This is why the pressure is too much on the president and the governors to create jobs.

How do they create jobs out of nothing? Therefore, the structure must be there. Government should not be in the business of creating jobs, but in the business of creating good atmosphere for businesses to prosper. And this is where we are heading to presently in Nigeria. I really want to open your eyes why programmers should start thinking of tapping into these opportunities. I appreciate the small dollars you make from Fiverr or other remote jobs you get, but you can do better.

Take the Risk
Guys and ladies, take the risk. Fine, you have a contract job which is keeping you going,this is great. Instead of getting more contract jobs, look into the bigger picture and see if you can start something of your own. There are two approaches:

1. You work for peanuts here and there, and you continue doing this for the rest of your life.

2. You work for peanuts here, and you try doing something huge there. Of course, the chances of startups being successful is low, but it shouldn't stop you from trying. You have just pivoted yourself above option 1 above. And you have repositioned yourself. What you cannot remove from this is the experience you have gained. And by the way, option 1 will not make you more comfortable than option 2. You are still on the same level financially. My point is that while keeping your "hustling contracting" jobs, get into the bigger picture by taking the bigger risk.

So, we will talk about the structure Government is putting place you can tap from in my next post. These points I am making should start making you to think bigger and more positively.

following
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2021
I actually wanted to give technical information about AI and data science, but there is one guy doing it just right. So, I will continue with enlightening and educating readers. My aim is to encourage you all that while hustling with web development packages, let's get into startups simultaneously and build Nigeria. As soon as Naija picks up, Ghana will follow. Togo and the rest will join the train too.

Many do not even know what Data Science is about amd it is why they are confused about it. I want you to watch this video and then you will understand fully what it is. So you can see why we are saying it is the future. You will understand why we say that it is just getting started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZuDwiM1XBQ

Dirty Secrets of Data Science by Hilary Mason
In this video, Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist at Bitly, outlines "The Dirty, Unspoken History of Data Science" at Mortar Data's first NYC Data Science Meetup. She gives a brief history on the emergence of data science as profession and illustrates the four key elements of what it takes to be a successful data scientist. This was taped during Mortar Data's first NYC Data Science Meetup on February 11, 2013.

Take note of the following in the video:

1. You obtain
2. You scrub
3. You explore
4. You Model
5. You interpret

For example, you can imagine the huge data Jumia ecommerce site has stored since they started operating in Nigeria. Wow! You get on board and extract data from them like a scientist. Some sets of data they have they dont even know how to use, so they just keep and all there helplessly. They dont know such can even help them. And they are just waiting to destroy such storing devices soon..lols. And there are many firms like that.

Then, you scrub them...that is you clean. Put in a format you can use.

After, you start exploring different ways to use the data for marketing, sales, customer services, etc.

And you model something out for them to see.

And finally, you interpret what you are doing with the model you have made. That's it. You make your case to the board of directors. You make them see why they should focus on an area of their businesses, why they should quickly take up some activities they arent considering, you assist them see how to grow horizontally and vertically. If they see you can help them increase sales by 10 to 60%, tell me why they will not pay you seven digits in naira monthly to keep you for at least 12 months?

We can win elections with data
This is why Fashola was so important in 2015 for APC. This is why he is a champ in the political race. I am not familiar with the method they used in 2015, but Fashola headed the team that brought around one of the guys who won the election for Obama. And the same Fashola who was the ex governor of Lagos state headed the data and information department of APC during 2015 and 2019 elections. Yes, Fashola isn't a data expert, but he understands the basic. And he was able to assemble the team. They used data to see where they were winning, and where they saw that was tough, they sent machineries to go and do serious work. This is what data can do. And this is why we say it is the future.

Covid-19 favors Africa, despite they thought we would perish
If not for covid19, web development and other opportunities we have will not even come by easily for Africans. Many of guys making mouth and talking here will still be cursing APC and Buhari. Lol... But we thank God. This is one of the benefits of Covid-19. See dem boys forming bigger men here. I am happy for guys in this section. Let's keep balling.

A beg enjoy this videos link to to appreciate God. If no be for God, a go don kpeme oooooo, God you you too much oooo.

I thank God for this gifts - MOOC, Free sources of info, oh...God bless OBJ for giving us GSM and data oooo....ha....Glory. Guys, this stuff is a savior for West Africans oooo cos these our leaders are so wicked. They dont care. They are ready to turn Nigeria to Somalia. If not for God....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8BCL2h1wMI

If to say na man, hunger for don beat me, a for don kpeme ooo o, God, you too much oooo....

Data is not all in all
They said we will die in Africa, at least that was what data showed dem Bill Gates about Africa and Covid-19...but Las Las...we are still "balling". A beggie...... Let's go there...

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
Linear Algebra

1. MIT OpenCourseWare Lectures on Linear Algebra (18.06) as Jupyter Notebooks
https://github.com/juanklopper/MIT_OCW_Linear_Algebra_18_06

2. Linear Algebra - Jim Heferron

3. First Courses in Linear Algebra - Rob Breezer

4. Linear Algebra - David Cherney, Tom Denton, Andrew Waldron

5. Introduction to vectors and tensors, Vol 1: linear and multilinear algebra - Ray M Bowen, C. C. Wang

6. Introduction to vectors and tensors, Vol 2: vector and tensor analysis - Ray M Bowen, C. C. Wang

7. Introduction to Applied Linear Algebra - Stephen Boyd (Stanford University), Lieven Vandenberghe (UCLA)

8. Linear Algebra / Levandosky Stanford

9. The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra Book

Linear Programming
Linear Programming (Math 407) University of Washington

You are good to go with the above. Get on board and drill yourself on the following: Matrices, Matrix vector products, linear transformation, inverse, determinants, transpose of matrix, Orthogonal compliment, Orthogonal projections, systems coordinates, Eigenvectors, Complex eigenvalues and eigen vectors, Quadratic forms, etc. Then learn how to use Python to solve problems. Or maybe R language.

I will try to put suggestions for Statistics and Diffrentials too. After you have thoroughly mastered these...you can excel in Machine Learning. Trust me, drill yourself very well in these areas.

Please, make sure you have something to fall back on if you are going this route. Might be you decide to return to your parents house to have peace of mind and just focus for 1 good year. Do it. Even you are in your 40s...do it. It's just a program for a year if you dedicate all your time day and night. Crack these stuff I am going to put here. I assure you that in the next 20 years, you will still be relevant. You will be making huge more than your mates. But hey! You will not make much now. In fact, for the next one year, forget about making money. Just be studying.

Please, I want to state that I am an entrepreneur and I bring guys together. I am not doing this to look for jobs, but I am confident that if you are looking for job, you will make it. Might be I may change my mind too and look for a job. But as at now, I am also still digging deeper cos I have a business I want to do with this.

Some guys annoyed me while I was working on a project. So, i vexed, and decided to return to my engineering days. I reformatted my brain into the engineering brain I started with before diving into business. And right now, I am digging deep. These are core engineering maths you do in year 1 and 2 in the universities. I dont think polythehnics do vectors, but I know they have calculus and matrix in their syllabus also. No shaking. Crack them.

I didnt understand why those maths were necessary in those days. But now, it will start making sense especially when you start using Python or R with them.

I am sharing my journey with you. The one you can take.

This morning when I saw some guys who have giving up on Nigeria and discouraging you. Seriously? It is only this Nigeria we have. And if this is my contribution to this Nigeria, let's go there. Almost all industries all kinds of businesses are down now. Govt policies arent helping.

Please, try what I am giving you here. It is called earning 5 times your colleagues in the next 20 years.

3 Likes

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2021
demanuel:

This is primarily why I am switching from my Accounting background to "Financial Analyst/ Data analyst"...To get a remote job opportunity and move out, especially now that I am still in my early 30s. Before it gets too late, let me move out. Lol

As an accountant, I would also suggest you consider Cyber Security or System Security as it were. Especially if you have experience in accounting. This wont be difficult for you to grab since you have been taught and know internal control as an accountant. My friend, an ACCA Member, moved to the US, Washington DC, and he's now in the Tech Security industry. Accounting has no future.

Salesforce is another good area.

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by demanuel(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2021
Wow. Interesting.
Many thanks. Duly noted
mbhs139:

As an accountant, I would also suggest you consider Cyber Security or System Security as it were. Especially if you have experience in accounting. This wont be difficult for you to grab since you have been taught and know internal control as an accountant. My friend, an ACCA Member, moved to the US, Washington DC, and he's now in the Tech Security industry. Accounting has no future.

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
mbhs139:

Cyber Security is not mainly an accounting stuff. Yeah. It is great. However, if hackers break into the system, you are in soup. grin What did I say? You are in soup.

Salesforce is a good one. There is a guy who talks about it here, and I know he is ready to assist.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by DissTroy(m): 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove , you've done a great job. I'm certain any digital tech newbie would make better/compatible choices.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Let's go to Calculus

Ordinary Differential Equations
Difference Equations To Differential Equations - Dan Sloughter
Ordinary Differential Equations: Lecture Notes - Eugen J. Ionascu
Ordinary Differential Equations - Peter Philip
Notes on Differential Equations - Bob Terrell
Elementary Differential Equations - William F. Trench
Notes on Diffy Qs: Differential Equations for Engineers - Jiří Lebl

Partial Differential Equations
Notes on Partial Differential Equations - John K. Hunter (University of California at Davis)
Partial Differential Equations: Lecture Notes - Erich Miersemann (Leipzig University)

However, there is a note I had but the link has vanished, there in I learned using python to solve differential equations.

Research and learn with any of these books. After you are good with python, and can use it to solve mathematical problems, you are getting there. Trust me.

Like I told you, this is an area for the strong men. Not for kids. Your whole brain must function exponentially if you want to be good. Those mathematical subjects you did in the university will start coming to life. You will start seeing it.

With vectors above, you will start to get how positioning is done. Very important when you are into games development.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Cyber Security is not mainly an accounting stuff. Yeah. It is great. However, if hackers break into the system, you are in soup. grin What did I say? You are in soup.

Salesforce is a good one. There is a guy who talks about it here, and I know he is ready to assist.

I can't remember I ever said cyber security is mainly an accounting stuff. We have seen people who didn't have any previous background or knowledge become software engineers. What exactly is your point sir?
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2021
mbhs139:

I can't remember I ever said cyber security is mainly an accounting stuff. We have seen people who didn't have any previous background or knowledge become software engineers. What exactly is your point sir?
The guy understands why I wrote so. Not directed towards you sir. Though, I quoted you cos it is easy like that. When he first wrote here he wants something relating to accounting. And since you also mentioned that since he is into accounting, he should look into it. And knowing fully well he wants something he can dive into which is close to accounting, sales and customer service(at least that is what I know about him), it is why I said so.

Here are my points:

1. I have realised many wants to hustle fast. To make heavy cash with cyber security, the person must be extremely good. As in very good.

2. Salesforce is OK. I checked it out.

And anyone can do anything. It is the gospel I have been preaching here. There is a lady who said she said she used to pronounce OOP as zer zero P, but is aspiring to be a data scientist. And she is doing well so far from what she puts here from time to time.

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
Statistics

Think Stats: Probability and Statistics for Programmers

Think Bayes

An Introduction to Probability and Random Processes - Gian-Carlo Rota, Kenneth Baclawski

Lecture Notes on Statistical Theory - Ryan Martin (University of Illinois)

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 22, 2021
I was on a thread and someone wrote this. The subject was aboug saturation in web development. Let me answer this fellow here:

toby345:
I love the Knowledge on this thread and how PeaceJoyLove sees solutions to many problem Nice one . But what I just feel is that Saturation will always occur but not in the next 10yrs IMO we still have a very few number of people in tech to think of Saturation at this point
You are right. The point I am making is that guys should enter other IT areas and use them to make money fast while the saturation is building up. And we move to things that matter. We move to what the advance nations are doing too so we can be leaders in innovation.

It is sure....web developments will take more roles which are AI related. So, why are they discouraging people from doing AI now.

If they make money from whatever they do, fine. But some people are educating upcoming guys to not look at the advance stuff, they are trying to force their own will and justify what is false. This is where I stand. They can continue making money from what is about to be obsolete, but I will rather go for what will cannot be obsolete in the next 100 years.

If you need fast money, do what is easier and make fast money. But dont sleep there. Move ahead to what innovators do. But our people like sleeping on what is presently making money for them.

What they should have said is that the profession which will not be obsolete is too hard for them to pick up. If they can get jobs with what they do now, imagine the kind of opportunities with AI. Even while saying ithis, Elon Musk brought out his humanoid. Lol. And I told them exactly how it is going to be useful in Nigeria. I swear, this is what we really need now.

Humanoids can reduce rate of looting and corruption
See eh...there are sensitive positions governments must just put these humanoids like Tesla Bots so that we can eradicate humans who are going to loot. Handling cash in banks is an area. No more human handling money again.

Justice system will be more efficient
Do you know what AI is going to do to law? By the time we put AI into our justice system, all these adjournment of cases will be over. Data is what we will start using to prove cases. And then a judge relies on making decisions based on data, they make better decisions. I explained it previously in this thread with a video how the New Jersey justice system changed. Any judge can pick up any case. If a judge goes on vacation, another comes on board. Not the ways our judges are behaving presently.

Humans will use their cognitive brain part more
AI will make people to be responsible. When they see that AI is taking their manual jobs, then, humans will be forced to think out of the box. We start using our part of the brain to do cognitive and logical tasks instead of manual, repetitive and hard tasks. Robots start doing those dangerous activities. Set robots to work in the sun while you control them inside your chilling well ventilated room drinking beer or yorghut or whatever. NEPA doesnt need to send humans to start climbing ladders to cut your light....just joking. But my point is that difficult tasks where people climb tall height to make installations will not more happen. Humans will stop working on high voltage installation. The days of doing dangerous work are numbered.

Insurance industry will be restructured
Do you know what this is? It means that companies will soon eradicate paying insurance. Hahahaha. Insurance companies cheating people will have to do better. See eh...the whole world is changing. Death rate will be reduced. Sudden death due to accidents doing dangerous jobs will be eradicated or reduced. So, would I insure a robot?

Everthing is changing
So, the whole world is going to change. No one will carry bags of cements on his head. The days of dangerous jobs are numbered.

AI cannot do cognitive Assignments now, but guess what....
AI is just showing few humans are wise. Majority are stu.pid. Elon Musk is wise. If he had focused on building cognitive humanoid, and he fails, they will bad wash AI. Lol. But he concentrated on eradicating repititive and boring jobs. So, tell me, how can you stop him from achieving it? Which law can you use to stop him. Yet, majority know they are going to be screwed soon. Therefore, the next generation of human will use more of their cognitive brain which will make them more efficient than us. Wise people will be the champ. Book smart will outperform street smart soon

The whole of Nigeria is going to be screwed soon. Will you stop me from bringing my bots to work on my construction site? Will you stop me from getting them to produce on my farm and I dont need the silly you there? The days of you stealing in my business are over. The days of nasty customer services workers are over.

Hahahahhaha! Hahahahhaha!

Ya'll better start doing something with me. AI is the future. Get it into your head. Move into cognitive jobs now. The days of manual jobs are numbered. At least enjoy your manual jobs for 10 years max. The bot is gonna be out next year. Infact, I am following it bumper to bumper. I pray God grants me my desire....I am going to be one of the first who will purchase one of these and work silently in this Nigeria.

When they say invest in research, Nigetians will say no. They want to invest in "what is sure". Lol. Don't worry, you will reap the benefits of being late adopters.

Goodluck to everyone.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Winnerrrr(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
As promised bro check it out

retracted.

still under construction though
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 08, 2021
Winnerrrr:
As promised bro check it out

https://moonchild622.github.io/snowy/

still under construction though

Looks like you want users to develop contents on your network.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Winnerrrr(m): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Looks like you want users to develop contents on your network.
Exactly.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2021
Winnerrrr:

Exactly.
You need writers to get it started. As in consistent "back to back" drops of quality contents. And then, it will pick up gradually. As in look at the rubbish always going to front page here must be avoided. Oh! Before we start talking about front page, at least get 1,000 users first. Then, we can start talking. What you want to do is huge and many have tried and failed. Not discouraging you, but hmmmm. You must be a "coconut head" person to be successful.

I think it may ne hard to do it alone. Also, I think your best bet is to make it appealing to those who like spending long hours online. So, how can you really hook them? It is up to you sir.

It has nothing to do with too much fancy and sophisticated back end operation at this stage. It is about just loading quality contents now. Just continue loading contents. As in, just keep loading contents. Cos this is the way you can do it. Just keep loading contents. And you also must find a strategy to make it look like there are enough people always online.

In summary, your assignment is to make it look like 1,000 people are online at all times. Whether you will use a false trick, of tech to do it, just do it. As in just make it look that people are already using it and its already up. Else, people will just not get motivated at all. So, before you even start telling people, you would have made it look huge. As in huge sir. Outside this, I dont see it working well.

And the best way is the strategy you want to use.... the "subset" thing you talked about. Hmmmmm! But you need real brains. Content writers. People who can drop quality back to back.

You may consider getting a cofounder. I actually thought about this too, but I didnt go the route. Well, its something I desperately wish I am already doing cos I know if I have this power, I will shake the whole of Nigeria. As in, the kind contents I willl be dropping, even, Buhari will be sweating like 24 hours to releasing my editorial monthly review. As the guy who owns this one is just there like say...."make we just dey manage am for the moment". And we just dey mange am honestly. Na so so snakes and reptiles his right hand man drops on front page like he is cursed with reptiles.

If you get this done well, bro....I am one of the first who will port without looking back.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Winnerrrr(m): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You need writers to get it started. As in consistent "back to back" drops of quality contents. And then, it will pick up gradually. As in look at the rubbish always going to front page here must be avoided. Oh! Before we start talking about front page, at least get 1,000 users first. Then, we can start talking. What you want to do is huge and many have tried and failed. Not discouraging you, but hmmmm. You must be a "coconut head" person to be successful.

I think it may ne hard to do it alone. Also, I think your best bet is to make it appealing to those who like spending long hours online. So, how can you really hook them? It is up to you sir.

It has nothing to do with too much fancy and sophisticated back end operation at this stage. It is about just loading quality contents now. Just continue loading contents. As in, just keep loading contents. Cos this is the way you can do it. Just keep loading contents. And you also must find a strategy to make it look like there are enough people always online.

In summary, your assignment is to make it look like 1,000 people are online at all times. Whether you will use a false trick, of tech to do it, just do it. As in just make it look that people are already using it and its already up. Else, people will just not get motivated at all. So, before you even start telling people, you would have made it look huge. As in huge sir. Outside this, I dont see it working well.

And the best way is the strategy you want to use.... the "subset" thing you talked about. Hmmmmm! But you need real brains. Content writers. People who can drop quality back to back.

You may consider getting a cofounder. I actually thought about this too, but I didnt go the route. Well, its something I desperately wish I am already doing cos I know if I have this power, I will shake the whole of Nigeria. As in, the kind contents I willl be dropping, even, Buhari will be sweating like
24 hours to releasing my editorial monthly review. As the guy who owns this one is just there like say...."make we just dey manage am for the moment". And we just dey mange am honestly. Na so so snakes and reptiles his right hand man drops on front page like he is cursed with reptiles.

If you get this done well, bro....I am one of the first who will port without looking back.

Damn, this is whole lot to digest bro.

I've been re-reading it since in the afternoon.

I have a "fair" idea on how to get quality content to get it up and running and I plan on using the Airbnb strategy we've talked about in acquiring new users, I think I can achieve that without spending much by using the lean startup framework.

I love the idea of making it look lively and big even before launching it, I'll put that in my list.

next couple of months will go into building the back-end and preparing a ground breaking strategy with the info I'm getting from you.

If you don't mind we can work together I know you're busy so being my co-founder is totally off but maybe as an overseer that's if you don't mind I iterate.

Thank you very much for the invaluable knowledge you've shared with me, I appreciate it.

Last request, can we get on a whatsapp call for a proper conversation please.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Winnerrrr:

Damn, this is whole lot to digest bro.

I've been re-reading it since in the afternoon.

I have a "fair" idea on how to get quality content to get it up and running and I plan on using the Airbnb strategy we've talked about in acquiring new users, I think I can achieve that without spending much by using the lean startup framework.

I love the idea of making it look lively and big even before launching it, I'll put that in my list.

next couple of months will go into building the back-end and preparing a ground breaking strategy with the info I'm getting from you.

If you don't mind we can work together I know you're busy so being my co-founder is totally off but maybe as an overseer that's if you don't mind I iterate.

Thank you very much for the invaluable knowledge you've shared with me, I appreciate it.

Last request, can we get on a whatsapp call for a proper conversation please.
If you are using the lean strategy, then, the highlighted part is not necessarily the next immediate step to take. Let users tell you what to put at your back end. Though, you need a back end nowz but not sophisticated. Just a simple thing. Customers really dont know what they want until you put an experience on their way, and they start telling you how they feel and how they want to feel after the experience. You build on their experience, and not on what you get from any research. It's now old school to start making research using focus groups. Do it the way facebook, Twitter instagram whatsapp did it. They built from the experience of users.

I have written about MVP. You don't build your back end so sophisticated now. Let users guide you. This is why you dont spend and pay any "gaddam" programmer for MVP. You keep changing it daily based on the feedbacks. Are you going to keep paying programmers money daily? This is why you need to get a co tech as a co founder who understands it. Not someone you will be paying before any new change is done. I laugh at these coders and I laugh at people spending money on MVPs. Go and ask the owner of NL the number of changes he made. I'm sure he had to do it himself or someone kept doing it free for him. One way or the other you get it done free. Dont ever think of paying cos it is a long rope ahead of you. MVP is not what you pay for continously. It is something you do free of charge and then you continue twerking it till you get it right. Or you make a one time payment, and that's it...you have everything to start tweaking from the start. It's why people go for software that are already built just to start instead of building something themselves at the start. The program you are using is not the most important at this stage. Getting to know what works is the main objective at this stage. When you know that, it is easy to get a body for it. Actually, knowing what works is knowing how it works, and it will show you the kind of frame network or body to give it. Why build the body before the internal engine? And why build the infernal engine without knowing what kind of function it should be? Why build an internal engine when you dont have the details of the characteristic of the output you want?

Since most programmers are hungry (this is the real truth), you may need to do it yourself. As in learn it and keep adjusting it. I have a project I'm doing, and I just used wordpress now, amd I created a simple landing page. Its that landing page I keep tweaking. Split A/B testing, change of content on it. And bala bla bla. Later I started building more pages based on the feedbacks. I didnt just load tens of pages. I put real work into it. And guess what? I am on a break. There was something I detected last week based on the majority feedback, and I know I need to get a partner from a particular sector cos I dont want to do it myself. So, I just had to stop oing more work, but I am presenting floating the project just to keep if going. I am waiting for feedbacks from partners I have reached out to. I pray I get one soon.

What you need now is to find a way to just set up. Why are you waiting for months? To build it from A to Z, and then you realise so many changes you need to change? You will just get frustrated, and abandon it. This is the trap that got hold of all those who rushed into copying NL. But if you take it step by step, you may get it. It's still not an assurance you will get it right.

Actually, after reading the story of NL creation, I realised it was lean he used with MVP unknowingly. How? He did a project and wasted investors money. Then, m he said he just started this to keep himself from running insane. Lol. He just started it with MVP unknowingly and he kept making changes based on feedbacks. And it became huge. The same is with Linda Ikeji. After failing in setting up a fashion business, and I think she had debt on her head at the time, she just got on and set up a free account, and started blogging. Her goal was to push out her experience just to keep busy and not lose her mind after the failure. Little did she know too that a new business was already birth. It was the MVP she started like "play play".

MVP is the simplest version of your project. You may even see that you will not do most of the things you have in mind now when users start telling you what they want. However, the principle and process of getting to know what to do is the same. And this is what I have written here, and I continue advising new founders like you.

One thing is sure, you need good contents cos that is the business you are going into. And I think yours arent primarily pictures and videos (I may be wrong). It is more of writing. Since its AirBnb, your focus is to start the strategy you said you know about - how to get contents on your site.

I am not sure how you want to do it, but if you can, do it. It is tricky as they are actually supposed to be your users. But if you will need to use money to get them, it will be a neck breaker cos writers are like programmers these days. And those ones who want to write free wants to exchange it for good experience and large audience. Some want to write only when the platform is well established so they can use it as a marketing platform. And some wants to have fun by spamming you. Hmmm. It is deep. You need to consider these things before you get in board.

Even NL needs the lean strategy to be more innovative. This is the future.

I think I have mentioned "One Piece flow production strategy". Look into it too.

The last strategy i can think of that you should look into, and which most modern owners want to incorporate from start is called "Blue Horizon". As in you want to make your project a killer from the start. What kills most forums is that they didnt prepare for generating good content. NL could have failed too. He was just lucky cos he was the first, and he quickly got people who had been dying to get such desire satisfied.

I like the AirBnb strategy. And I think this is what you should use. Let NL be Craiglist. Lol. There are many unsatisfied users like me that you should target. Can you find a way to know why we aren't satisfied? Then give us what this place lacks, and we will kiss NL bye bye for real. It's a permanent divorce we will give it, and we will accept the IV to eat the akara of its funeral. And that will be the end of moving snakes to front page cos it is disgusting. I don't know if it's the juju they did for the person always moving it. It may really be the ritual they made. Who knows? Lol.

I do not think you should start thinking of too many backends now. Just go and get a forum software and get started if you can afford it. And if you want to build, make it simple now. Make your front page more colorful than this. That is all. And start loading your content. Loading content and making it look like many users are on board should be your assignment, and then the most important is how to start getting real users gradually, and the strategy to grow the number. Mainwhile, there are many users who will not move. They will even threaten NL they are moving. Lol. It is after everyone has moved they will. They are called laggards. You do not want them now. They will join the moving wagon late. You assignment us to spot innovators early adopters asap. And from my experience, there are very few innovators in Nigeria; therefore, you are likely to hunt for early adopters.

The truth is if I say I know the way it will turn out to be or I know how exactly the road will be, I want to scam you. I do not know, and no one knows. You just have to get on board and dive into the ocean hoping to make it blue. And its obvious that when diving into what you know there are uncertainties to tackle, common sense should tell one to spend extremely less till one finds a concrete way to get it done with real assurance one is getting it right. The assurance is the evidence of new users joining daily and posting new contents daily is the signal. And you should have a way to measure your improvement. You must put it up graphically to see how you are doing so you know where to tweak. You must know where you are missing it. You must quantify everything. This is the job of a business expert. So, you can see that knowing coding technical stuff is good, but the real business is established with business skills. These skills are what the owner lack here on NL. And it is why it is still stagnant. He may think I am criticizing him unnecessary, but it's the truth. I want more people like you come out to toss this guy to the bin so we can move on to the next level.

Kindly send me a mail via NL. I will respond.

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Winnerrrr(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If you are using the lean strategy, then, the highlighted part is not necessarily the next immediate step to take. Let users tell you what to put at your back end. Though, you need a back end nowz but not sophisticated. Just a simple thing. Customers really dont know what they want until you put an experience on their way, and they start telling you how they feel and how they want to feel after the experience. You build on their experience, and not on what you get from any research. It's now old school to start making research using focus groups. Do it the way facebook, Twitter instagram whatsapp did it. They built from the experience of users.

I have written about MVP. You don't build your back end so sophisticated now. Let users guide you. This is why you dont spend and pay any "gaddam" programmer for MVP. You keep changing it daily based on the feedbacks. Are you going to keep paying programmers money daily? This is why you need to get a co tech as a co founder who understands it. Not someone you will be paying before any new change is done. I laugh at these coders and I laugh at people spending money on MVPs. Go and ask the owner of NL the number of changes he made. I'm sure he had to do it himself or someone kept doing it free for him. One way or the other you get it done free. Dont ever think of paying cos it is a long rope ahead of you. MVP is not what you pay for continously. It is something you do free of charge and then you continue twerking it till you get it right. Or you make a one time payment, and that's it...you have everything to start tweaking from the start. It's why people go for software that are already built just to start instead of building something themselves at the start. The program you are using is not the most important at this stage. Getting to know what works is the main objective at this stage. When you know that, it is easy to get a body for it. Actually, knowing what works is knowing how it works, and it will show you the kind of frame network or body to give it. Why build the body before the internal engine? And why build the infernal engine without knowing what kind of function it should be? Why build an internal engine when you dont have the details of the characteristic of the output you want?

Since most programmers are hungry (this is the real truth), you may need to do it yourself. As in learn it and keep adjusting it. I have a project I'm doing, and I just used wordpress now, amd I created a simple landing page. Its that landing page I keep tweaking. Split A/B testing, change of content on it. And bala bla bla. Later I started building more pages based on the feedbacks. I didnt just load tens of pages. I put real work into it. And guess what? I am on a break. There was something I detected last week based on the majority feedback, and I know I need to get a partner from a particular sector cos I dont want to do it myself. So, I just had to stop oing more work, but I am presenting floating the project just to keep if going. I am waiting for feedbacks from partners I have reached out to. I pray I get one soon.

What you need now is to find a way to just set up. Why are you waiting for months? To build it from A to Z, and then you realise so many changes you need to change? You will just get frustrated, and abandon it. This is the trap that got hold of all those who rushed into copying NL. But if you take it step by step, you may get it. It's still not an assurance you will get it right.

Actually, after reading the story of NL creation, I realised it was lean he used with MVP unknowingly. How? He did a project and wasted investors money. Then, m he said he just started this to keep himself from running insane. Lol. He just started it with MVP unknowingly and he kept making changes based on feedbacks. And it became huge. The same is with Linda Ikeji. After failing in setting up a fashion business, and I think she had debt on her head at the time, she just got on and set up a free account, and started blogging. Her goal was to push out her experience just to keep busy and not lose her mind after the failure. Little did she know too that a new business was already birth. It was the MVP she started like "play play".

MVP is the simplest version of your project. You may even see that you will not do most of the things you have in mind now when users start telling you what they want. However, the principle and process of getting to know what to do is the same. And this is what I have written here, and I continue advising new founders like you.

One thing is sure, you need good contents cos that is the business you are going into. And I think yours arent primarily pictures and videos (I may be wrong). It is more of writing. Since its AirBnb, your focus is to start the strategy you said you know about - how to get contents on your site.

I am not sure how you want to do it, but if you can, do it. It is tricky as they are actually supposed to be your users. But if you will need to use money to get them, it will be a neck breaker cos writers are like programmers these days. And those ones who want to write free wants to exchange it for good experience and large audience. Some want to write only when the platform is well established so they can use it as a marketing platform. And some wants to have fun by spamming you. Hmmm. It is deep. You need to consider these things before you get in board.

Even NL needs the lean strategy to be more innovative. This is the future.

I think I have mentioned "One Piece flow production strategy". Look into it too.

The last strategy i can think of that you should look into, and which most modern owners want to incorporate from start is called "Blue Horizon". As in you want to make your project a killer from the start. What kills most forums is that they didnt prepare for generating good content. NL could have failed too. He was just lucky cos he was the first, and he quickly got people who had been dying to get such desire satisfied.

I like the AirBnb strategy. And I think this is what you should use. Let NL be Craiglist. Lol. There are many unsatisfied users like me that you should target. Can you find a way to know why we aren't satisfied? Then give us what this place lacks, and we will kiss NL bye bye for real. It's a permanent divorce we will give it, and we will accept the IV to eat the akara of its funeral. And that will be the end of moving snakes to front page cos it is disgusting. I don't know if it's the juju they did for the person always moving it. It may really be the ritual they made. Who knows? Lol.

I do not think you should start thinking of too many backends now. Just go and get a forum software and get started if you can afford it. And if you want to build, make it simple now. Make your front page more colorful than this. That is all. And start loading your content. Loading content and making it look like many users are on board should be your assignment, and then the most important is how to start getting real users gradually, and the strategy to grow the number. Mainwhile, there are many users who will not move. They will even threaten NL they are moving. Lol. It is after everyone has moved they will. They are called laggards. You do not want them now. They will join the moving wagon late. You assignment us to spot innovators early adopters asap. And from my experience, there are very few innovators in Nigeria; therefore, you are likely to hunt for early adopters.

The truth is if I say I know the way it will turn out to be or I know how exactly the road will be, I want to scam you. I do not know, and no one knows. You just have to get on board and dive into the ocean hoping to make it blue. And its obvious that when diving into what you know there are uncertainties to tackle, common sense should tell one to spend extremely less till one finds a concrete way to get it done with real assurance one is getting it right. The assurance is the evidence of new users joining daily and posting new contents daily is the signal. And you should have a way to measure your improvement. You must put it up graphically to see how you are doing so you know where to tweak. You must know where you are missing it. You must quantify everything. This is the job of a business expert. So, you can see that knowing coding technical stuff is good, but the real business is established with business skills. These skills are what the owner lack here on NL. And it is why it is still stagnant. He may think I am criticizing him unnecessary, but it's the truth. I want more people like you come out to toss this guy to the bin so we can move on to the next level.

Kindly send me a mail via NL. I will respond.

Well, my bad I should have explained, I'm a developer myself and the back-end will be built in simple php.

the reason it'll take months is we need to develop content, contents are the back bone of any social network.

I took time to study this site and i found out that politics , business and romance have the highest engagements, so it'll be ideal if we spend some time creating quality and engaging contents for these topics first. and you're right we need writers, quality writers, before, I thought of offering them a stake in exchange with quality contents but I realised they won't appreciate it though I haven't tried, my goal is to keep everything lean and spend close to nothing in running costs at least till we see a headway.

I think one can spot early adopters by the way they interact on platforms and also their open mindedness I think its a trait they share, like you sir, a prime example.

I just read some articles on one piece flow production, I've gotten an idea on how to integrate it.

What kills most forums is that they didnt prepare for generating good content

this is what's giving me chills.

what's the best way to get motivated writers without spending much?

my NL mail is not working
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 09, 2021
Winnerrrr:

Well, my bad I should have explained, I'm a developer myself and the back-end will be built in simple php.
It doesnt matter, you should not labor too much on developing a sophisticated system at the initial stage. Let your users tell you what and how to develop it. MVP is basic. Start with the simplest version. It's like building the foundation of the house. You arent sure what you are building on it, just find a temporary site and give them the foundation of a simple bungalow. Or you may just get a a container as a house. And you start whispering various ideas to users through your content. Feedbacks and performance analysis are what you work on to know how huge the building should be. Then, you can relocate to a permanent site and build it very well. It's not about being a developer sir. It's about knowing how to push to them what they want, and then listening to them. Only a good listening ear can do it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6616892/steering-wheel-tech-startups-nigeria#103122171
Please, read the above link again. Obama made sure the fund to set up a sophisticated system was made available from the start. And if that was done in Nigeria, trust me, everything would be looted. But the guy in charge knew they needed an efficient call center. And the cash is there to set it up. But instead of setting up the system right away, he registered with one of the internet customer service providers which is just pay and use. He used to test his idea. Your idea is the most important at the start, and not the system itself. NL started with a forum software system provider, and not like he spent huge cash doing it from the start, LindaIkeji started with which is free too, and easy to set up. It doesn't matter if you are a developer or not. You just need to sit down and think deeply the best simplest system you can use which is cheap. That's it. If you are building it, keep it very simple.

Then, I talked about universities payroll system whereby FG made money available and what they got at the end was just crashing. And Ngige got annoyed and said.. that is it. But lecturers gave them "fire for fire" too. Yes, those lecturers were right. Is it ther business that Ngige or his predecessor got it wrong? Honestly, Jonathan is a mistake. But Buhari made him a hero. I pity the next president, honestly. Cos what that person will face with the debt Buhari is leaving behind....hmmmm. But he thinks he is doing well, and even feels history will be nice to him. My prayer is that he should be the mistake that will propel Nigeria to breakthrough.

the reason it'll take months is we need to develop content, contents are the back bone of any social network.
Nope, it shouldn't take months to know the direction the moment you get it right. However, it will take forever if you dont get it right. That's it. Do I promise you that you will get it right even I am on board? Nope. Cos I dont know. This is the truth, and I need you to get it from now. I studied this very well like I told you. And I decided not to pursue it because I did not find peace with it. I know you have so much to say and you don't want to divulge all here, and I have so much to say too cos I have researchd this very well and I allowed it pass that until I get the right persons to do this with. Though, I am very busy like you have noticed, but I will still attend to you well. But I cant even promise you that I can supervise it. If you have a good stuff and can solve some of the things I have seen, well, and if those things are in line with what I have on ground already, I can release some things to you and let you use them if you like them (only if they are in line with what you want to do).

I took time to study this site and i found out that politics , business and romance have the highest engagements, so it'll be ideal if we spend some time creating quality and engaging contents for these topics first. and you're right we need writers, quality writers, before, I thought of offering them a stake in exchange with quality contents but I realised they won't appreciate it though I haven't tried, my goal is to keep everything lean and spend close to nothing in running costs at least till we see a headway.
Oh yeah. Politics is huge. It is for respect. Romance is for driving traffic, but I really didnt consider it during my research cos i feel it brings useless contents (my view). I am not asking you to drop it. But the moment NL focused on romance, lies entered. And then, its standard dropped drastically in my opinion. Assuming there is a competitor without romance, NL would have lost out. As in normal people with good thinking faculty will port. That romance is a double edged sword in my opinion. Just that NL is riding on it cos there is no competitor. If you notice Linda Ikeji focused so much on crossdressers. She made Bobrisky popular, and the other guy called James Brown. Then, people like Stella Darmoskukus and Linda Liadi came on board. I noticed those ones snatched some of her fan away who were not contented with some of her contents. Anyway, all of them are copycats. They dont have original contents and they just copy and dump on their sites recklessly. I have no regard for such bloggers. The only reason I studied the industry was for marketing purpose. When it comes to actually putting good content online, they are all zeros.

As for business, 99.9% of them will patronize you only when they know your site can be used for their own business. They almost all want free adverts. The good ones drop contents so people can patronize them, while the inexperienced ones drop ads which are always deleted. Lol. But the business section is even where the joker is. That is where huge money should come from. But nothing is absolutely coming out of it from what I'm seeing. Peanuts income are from just ads here. I always shake my head when I see this site as sitting on a gold and being underutilized. Mehn! But it's hard to get a space like it. It's hard. It's just like Nigeria. It's hard to win elections and those winning are just there sitting on gold and doing nothing with it.

I do not want to discourage you concerning any strategy you want to use. After all, lean is about testing it all. However, you may learn from the lessons other have learned. For instance, majority of those dropping back to back free content here are hustling here. And if you approach them, they will knock you out with high demands. So, you need to step back and create a way they propose first. You may initiate the first move, dont get me wrong, but they must propose first. There are so many strategies to do this, and that is what you dont want to reveal here.

Take note. If NL had started asking for mods from the start, mehn! What do you think would have happened? But today, do you know the number of users who can die on top mod job which is even unpaid? Lol. Even users based abroad (including non Nigerians who arent even blacks). We all may criticize the owner, but he gat some things right. He actually did some things well, maybe unknowingly, maybe knowingly. Who knows? Everyone is just criticizing him. Maybe he has picked up top business online courses. Who knows? Maybe he has secretly traveled to get a good business degree cos he is just like me. I am a behind scene person just exactly like him. In fact, I prefer to be a king maker, rather than becoming the king myself. I function better that way. I'm always silent. If you try forcing me to come out, you will get booted out of my inner circle. So, do you think you can really entice some innovators with rewards? Hmmmm. Think deep bro.

I think one can spot early adopters by the way they interact on platforms and also their open mindedness I think its a trait they share, like you sir, a prime example.
Hahaha! You kinda get it. I am happy I am passing the message to someone. Well, remember, there are terrible ones reading too. But you really dont need to worry about them as long as you do not reveal your strategies here. My advice is that dont reveal your strategy here. Never. I'm just discussing generally. There are things I have written in the past that helped many. And then, they contacted me , and still try to play smart one. Lol. I always laugh at them. They always get knocked. There is even one who kept telling terrible lies. I was just smiling. Las las, I know the end. And there are very good people I have met here.

Well, I am not an early adopter, I am an innovator. And I go into new things fast. As in quickly when people dont even think it makes sense. I see the future faster than most people. Early adopters are like people who get on board everytime to be the first "show off" people. Lol. And what you said is true about the two. Entice first adopters with good experience, but you need to show innovators the future you want to create before they board your wagon.

I just read some articles on one piece flow production, I've gotten an idea on how to integrate it.
Keep it simple, and let your products and services flow within themselves flawlessly without much effort. It will save you from having long downtime.

this is what's giving me chills.

what's the best way to get motivated writers without spending much?

This is the main thing. When you get this, then, you have a forum. Trust me. This is the simple question you need to answer. And that's it. Boom! You are in front of the world. Boom. That's it.

You really dont know it yet and this is why you must try many things. This is what you keep trying cos your business is all about content. And it is even harder cos you need random writers. Some used money to do it when they started. They paid people to drop contents. But remember that naira is bad now. This is the effect of bad economy. Also, keep in mind that inflation was not bad like this when NL started. Lol. People weren't earning yet writing for Fiverr and Upwork. There were numerous writers ready to give free articles online in those days. They were willing, and NL came on board. That was it. They joined the wagon without thinking twice. But these days, the standard is so high. Shakara don too much bro. They are all hustling to make money.

All those people dropping free stuff online are hustlers. NL is for marketing sir. You wanna get them, you must have a robust platform they see as a marketing platform. It's called trade by barter if you cannot pay them. The question is: What can you give them? And then, you ask, how best do I present it to them? It is tough, I have to be honest with you. When I looked at it at the time, I said wow. This will be really tough. More so, most of the users are money motivated. Virtually all. You will get very few you can motivate with the future. Please, read again the first page of this thread and you willl see the attitude of people you want to deal with. One even wrote it in another thread that most of the innovators and owners are beggars cos they cant pay him. He wants money. This is what motivates him. Why do people travel abroad in those days and even now? To go to school? Of course not majority of them. They just japa to make money. Money .....Money .....Money.

Some are motivated with power. The power to moderate the forum; however, they must see that such forum is already well established. But really, new research has shown that having human moderators is a very good way to make a forum unpopular. See, NL is just lucky there is no competitor. But I see it going into oblivion very soon. I keep saying this everytime, but the signals I am seeing, it is even going to be faster than I initially thought.

Please, before you do this and commit your time, you may want to really check if forum is actually worth it cos no one is doing it these days. Social media has taking over. It is too rigid and too problematic. I really think you may also want to consider another style of doing it instead of using forum. What we just need is a platform which targets Nigeria.

LindaIkeji tried doing Nigerian facebook and failed. At least she tried. But Vkontakte did it in Russia and succeeded. Also, the same guy did telegram and succeeded. What I noticed is that they always do it better. Vkontakte actually had better backend than facebook as at 2012 that I used it last regularly. But right now, I cant say. And I know telegram is far better than whatsapp. Also, I noticed that Vkontakte and telegram use different tech but they target same users and give same experience as Telegram and Tekegram. And now that Putin has told them to start get ready to dump all foreign platforms, wow!!!!

My point is that your business is content focused. It is not necessary you use a forum. What you should do, and how to do it, I have no clue for now. All I know is that if you really want to do it, you can learn more about it as you start if you use lean. You cannot know until you get started. This is what Lean Start up Strategy is all about. Dive into the ocean, but go very lean so you dont waste all your resources and energy doing what is wrong.

my NL mail is not working

Give me your email, I will shoot you a mail. I don't like releasing my personal number on a public forum. I'm just getting out of a mess where I'm bombarded with unsolicited calls daily.

Blessing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Winnerrrr(m): 2:11am On Oct 10, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

It doesnt matter, you should not labor too much on developing a sophisticated system at the initial stage. Let your users tell you what and how to develop it. MVP is basic. Start with the simplest version. It's like building the foundation of the house. You arent sure what you are building on it, just find a temporary site and give them the foundation of a simple bungalow. Or you may just get a a container as a house. And you start whispering various ideas to users through your content. Feedbacks and performance analysis are what you work on to know how huge the building should be. Then, you can relocate to a permanent site and build it very well. It's not about being a developer sir. It's about knowing how to push to them what they want, and then listening to them. Only a good listening ear can do it.

Noted.

https://www.nairaland.com/6616892/steering-wheel-tech-startups-nigeria#103122171
Please, read the above link again. Obama made sure the fund to set up a sophisticated system was made available from the start. And if that was done in Nigeria, trust me, everything would be looted. But the guy in charge knew they needed an efficient call center. And the cash is there to set it up. But instead of setting up the system right away, he registered with one of the internet customer service providers which is just pay and use. He used to test his idea. Your idea is the most important at the start, and not the system itself. NL started with a forum software system provider, and not like he spent huge cash doing it from the start, LindaIkeji started with which is free too, and easy to set up. It doesn't matter if you are a developer or not. You just need to sit down and think deeply the best simplest system you can use which is cheap. That's it. If you are building it, keep it very simple.

this is true I'll take note of this when building the back-end.

exactly what Eric ries said, develop-test-feedback.

Then, I talked about universities payroll system whereby FG made money available and what they got at the end was just crashing. And Ngige got annoyed and said.. that is it. But lecturers gave them "fire for fire" too. Yes, those lecturers [were right. Is it ther business that Ngige or his predecessor got it wrong? Honestly, Jonathan is a mistake. But Buhari made him a hero. I pity the next president, honestly. Cos what that person will face with the debt Buhari is leaving behind....hmmmm. But he thinks he is doing well, and even feels history will be nice to him. My prayer is that he should be the mistake that will propel Nigeria to breakthrough.

Nope, it shouldn't take months to know the direction the moment you get it right. However, it will take forever if you dont get it right. That's it. Do I promise you that you will get it right even I am on board? Nope. Cos I dont know. This is the truth, and I need you to get it from now. I studied this very well like I told you. And I decided not to pursue it because I did not find peace with it. I know you have so much to say and you don't want to divulge all here, and I have so much to say too cos I have researchd this very well and I allowed it pass that until I get the right persons to do this with. Though, I am very busy like you have noticed, but I will still attend to you well. But I cant even promise you that I can supervise it. If you have a good stuff and can solve some of the things I have seen, well, and if those things are in line with what I have on ground already, I can release some things to you and let you use them if you like them (only if they are in line with what you want to do).

Alright, I'm pretty optimistic we'll get it right.

Oh yeah. Politics is huge. It is for respect. Romance is for driving traffic, but I really didnt consider it during my research cos i feel it brings useless contents (my view). I am not asking you to drop it. But the moment NL focused on romance, lies entered. And then, its standard dropped drastically in my opinion. Assuming there is a competitor without romance, NL would have lost out. As in normal people with good thinking faculty will port. That romance is a double edged sword in my opinion. Just that NL is riding on it cos there is no competitor. If you notice Linda Ikeji focused so much on crossdressers. She made Bobrisky popular, and the other guy called James Brown. Then, people like Stella Darmoskukus and Linda Liadi came on board. I noticed those ones snatched some of her fan away who were not contented with some of her contents. Anyway, all of them are copycats. They dont have original contents and they just copy and dump on their sites recklessly. I have no regard for such bloggers. The only reason I studied the industry was for marketing purpose. When it comes to actually putting good content online, they are all zeros.

well, I thought of it that way too but I realised most people patronising the romance section are youngsters which by nature are very impulsive, their impulsiveness will lead to spending much time on the site which in turn will bring traffic, I think it's all part of doing things that don't scale at first, later we can think of what to with that.

As for business, 99.9% of them will patronize you only when they know your site can be used for their own business. They almost all want free adverts. The good ones drop contents so people can patronize them, while the inexperienced ones drop ads which are always deleted. Lol. But the business section is even where the joker is. That is where huge money should come from. But nothing is absolutely coming out of it from what I'm seeing. Peanuts income are from just ads here. I always shake my head when I see this site as sitting on a gold and being underutilized. Mehn! But it's hard to get a space like it. It's hard. It's just like Nigeria. It's hard to win elections and those winning are just there sitting on gold and doing nothing with it.

I do not want to discourage you concerning any strategy you want to use. After all, lean is about testing it all. However, you may learn from the lessons other have learned. For instance, majority of those dropping back to back free content here are hustling here. And if you approach them, they will knock you out with high demands. So, you need to step back and create a way they propose first. You may initiate the first move, dont get me wrong, but they must propose first. There are so many strategies to do this, and that is what you dont want to reveal here.

Take note. If NL had started asking for mods from the start, mehn! What do you think would have happened? But today, do you know the number of users who can die on top mod job which is even unpaid? Lol. Even users based abroad (including non Nigerians who arent even blacks). We all may criticize the owner, but he gat some things right. He actually did some things well, maybe unknowingly, maybe knowingly. Who knows? Everyone is just criticizing him. Maybe he has picked up top business online courses. Who knows? Maybe he has secretly traveled to get a good business degree cos he is just like me. I am a behind scene person just exactly like him. In fact, I prefer to be a king maker, rather than becoming the king myself. I function better that way. I'm always silent. If you try forcing me to come out, you will get booted out of my inner circle. So, do you think you can really entice some innovators with rewards? Hmmmm. Think deep bro.

read in between, I get the memo.

Hahaha! You kinda get it. I am happy I am passing the message to someone. Well, remember, there are terrible ones reading too. But you really dont need to worry about them as long as you do not reveal your strategies here. My advice is that dont reveal your strategy here. Never. I'm just discussing generally. There are things I have written in the past that helped many. And then, they contacted me , and still try to play smart one. Lol. I always laugh at them. They always get knocked. There is even one who kept telling terrible lies. I was just smiling. Las las, I know the end. And there are very good people I have met here.

Well, I am not an early adopter, I am an innovator. And I go into new things fast. As in quickly when people dont even think it makes sense. I see the future faster than most people. Early adopters are like people who get on board everytime to be the first "show off" people. Lol. And what you said is true about the two. Entice first adopters with good experience, but you need to show innovators the future you want to create before they board your wagon.

Keep it simple, and let your products and services flow within themselves flawlessly without much effort. It will save you from having long downtime.

This is the main thing. When you get this, then, you have a forum. Trust me. This is the simple question you need to answer. And that's it. Boom! You are in front of the world. Boom. That's it.

You really dont know it yet and this is why you must try many things. This is what you keep trying cos your business is all about content. And it is even harder cos you need random writers. Some used money to do it when they started. They paid people to drop contents. But remember that naira is bad now. This is the effect of bad economy. Also, keep in mind that inflation was not bad like this when NL started. Lol. People weren't earning yet writing for Fiverr and Upwork. There were numerous writers ready to give free articles online in those days. They were willing, and NL came on board. That was it. They joined the wagon without thinking twice. But these days, the standard is so high. Shakara don too much bro. They are all hustling to make money.

All those people dropping free stuff online are hustlers. NL is for marketing sir. You wanna get them, you must have a robust platform they see as a marketing platform. It's called trade by barter if you cannot pay them. The question is: What can you give them? And then, you ask, how best do I present it to them? It is tough, I have to be honest with you. When I looked at it at the time, I said wow. This will be really tough. More so, most of the users are money motivated. Virtually all. You will get very few you can motivate with the future. Please, read again the first page of this thread and you willl see the attitude of people you want to deal with. One even wrote it in another thread that most of the innovators and owners are beggars cos they cant pay him. He wants money. This is what motivates him. Why do people travel abroad in those days and even now? To go to school? Of course not majority of them. They just japa to make money. Money .....Money .....Money.

Some are motivated with power. The power to moderate the forum; however, they must see that such forum is already well established. But really, new research has shown that having human moderators is a very good way to make a forum unpopular. See, NL is just lucky there is no competitor. But I see it going into oblivion very soon. I keep saying this everytime, but the signals I am seeing, it is even going to be faster than I initially thought.

well, you're very correct, I had a fair experience too I've did some freelancing with nigerian clients, bruuuuuh, I've got some things I'd like to tell you privately.

Please, before you do this and commit your time, you may want to really check if forum is actually worth it cos no one is doing it these days. Social media has taking over. It is too rigid and too problematic. I really think you may also want to consider another style of doing it instead of using forum. What we just need is a platform which targets Nigeria.

LindaIkeji tried doing Nigerian facebook and failed. At least she tried. But Vkontakte did it in Russia and succeeded. Also, the same guy did telegram and succeeded. What I noticed is that they always do it better. Vkontakte actually had better backend than facebook as at 2012 that I used it last regularly. But right now, I cant say. And I know telegram is far better than whatsapp. Also, I noticed that Vkontakte and telegram use different tech but they target same users and give same experience as Telegram and Tekegram. And now that Putin has told them to start get ready to dump all foreign platforms, wow!!!!

My point is that your business is content focused. It is not necessary you use a forum. What you should do, and how to do it, I have no clue for now. All I know is that if you really want to do it, you can learn more about it as you start if you use lean. You cannot know until you get started. This is what Lean Start up Strategy is all about. Dive into the ocean, but go very lean so you dont waste all your resources and energy doing what is wrong.

you know I told you earlier, it's not really a forum if you check the link I sent you, more like quora I'd say and what I like about it is, it's very scalable i mean you can pivot at anytime.

Give me your email, I will shoot you a mail. I don't like releasing my personal number on a public forum. I'm just getting out of a mess where I'm bombarded with unsolicited calls daily.

I've mentioned you on a dead thread.

Blessings
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
Winnerrrr:

Noted.

this is true I'll take note of this when building the back-end.

exactly what Eric ries said, develop-test-feedback.

Alright, I'm pretty optimistic we'll get it right.

well, I thought of it that way too but I realised most people patronising the romance section are youngsters which by nature are very impulsive, their impulsiveness will lead to spending much time on the site which in turn will bring traffic, I think it's all part of doing things that don't scale at first, later we can think of what to with that.

read in between, I get the memo.

well, you're very correct, I had a fair experience too I've did some freelancing with nigerian clients, bruuuuuh, I've got some things I'd like to tell you privately.

you know I told you earlier, it's not really a forum if you check the link I sent you, more like quora I'd say and what I like about it is, it's very scalable i mean you can pivot at anytime.

I've mentioned you on a dead thread.

Blessings
Please, do not get me wrong, romance is not bad if the contents are matured. It is one of the most efficient ways to drive traffic. Barbaric acts like snake killing and eating, witchcraft operations, and nasty cultural news which should have been abolished drive traffic too. However, intellects arent the people you find there as soon as you start it. Or they will not make comments so people dont criticize them.

You know that AirBnB created a niche and targeted it via the numerous categories in Craig. I was just thinking about it yesterdays....and one thing with lean is that it doesnt target everything at once. It goes gradually. Even it doesnt target the global audience. It segments it first and goes deeper and wider gradually.

My passion is to really work with the international community. As in drive foreigners to Nigeria. Maybe this is the reason I am not interested in romantic news. Of course if it is relationship btw Nigerians and foreigners with genuine interest, I am in. I believe in assisting foreigners and Nigerians to come together as couples. This is an effective way to create opportunities. I leaned this from the king of the old testaments. This is just me. So, for the project I am after, I am not really going for huge traffic but a selected group of people. But in your case, I think it will work for you, we can look at the best way to achieve your goal. Sure, I will assist you. But you just need to find a way to handle them cos they are wahala kinds of people with immatured minds. Take note that they arent loyal at all. And you will encounter spams. The day NL started it, they lost brains, and yeye people came on board. And that is how spammers and crooks ported here too, and they have built catles here living comfortably on NL. These are issues you must really think about before you start.

Then, religion is a nasty section which you must be ready to handle well. I wouldn't go into it. People come with different cr.azy stuff. My faith even cannot allow me see useless posts which I know are lies. And the fights btw athiests and Christians is not for me. Then, you have to deal with muslims and Christians. Way too much. Distractions. These are ways NL drive traffic - making sure different religions clash. It is easy for the owner to look away cos he is an atheist. But can you look away without being partial if you a religious person? Religion is huge in Nigeria. Do not let people report you to CAN or to MURIC. They can both end your business.

Honestly, with just business investment, politics, IT and education, you will get people with good brains. Anything added, you need an extra brain and a sealed heart to go into it. Else, you will definitely be partial. You may be doing the right thing according to your heart (your religion is your heart), but is it the real right thing to do in a multi religious nation like Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by jfrazzy(m): 11:12am On Nov 11, 2021
lordally:

Maybe you don't understand. What the bank do is this, they put the money in your account and also work out the inflow and outflow of funds for any number of required month you want and they also put a total balance of the required amount you want and then you pay them for their services. If you use your ATM card you would see the money in your account but you cannot withdraw it. So if the embassy calls to enquire it would be confirmed that the money is there. Then after you're done with what you need it for, the bank go comot am it's simple. My friend who left for Poland in January used this method with a Balance of 2.7M.

Banks do other businesses to make money. Do you know GTBANK also does Dubai Visa? See when times comes and you want to travel out , you would begin to discover things I mean LEGAL ways and things you can do to travel out.
You mean GTbank does this
How and when
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by The5DME(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I am always flabbergasted when I see the "Every man for himself" syndrome in every business area in Nigeria. But guess what? It is not the way forward in tech start ups.

Programmers are trying to position themselves into getting huge pay for developing apps for startups (nothing bad in it, but does our economy allow it?). Lol. Most programmers don't have the business developing instinct, but they want to get huge pay. How can you get huge pay in this Nigerian economy at this time? There are only few "money bags" who will spend money on developing apps for a business the future is unpredictable. It is not like a manufacturing company where you know sales is sure since there are potential customers on ground.

There are many reasons "money bags" will not take the risk of paying you that huge amount to develop app. One is that the future of the startup is not guaranteed. And you know that Nigeria is an emerging market. Industrialization is just beginning to pick up. We are just getting to fix our roads, railways, boats, etc after we abandoned fixing these basic amenities for long. We are in a stage the US is in around early 1900 to 1940s. Oh! Having 24/7 electricity is still a rocket science here, so, we haven't started production which is another area "money bags" will rather invest in for any emerging market. So, there are many areas the "money bags" can put money into instead of paying you that huge money for the app you want to develop. And even after developing it, it is the "beta" version. Oh! You want him to even pay you more and more for every correction made..lol. Be real and get a life. It is not that possible.

Oh! No wonder many programmers are unfulfilled in Nigeria. Eeeeh....Yaaa. Poor you. Keep hoping someone will employ you to develop a app you can hit it big. Eeeehhh.....Yaaa! cry cry cry

I will take you on the journey
Here, I will write insights and we will look at the real situation of tech startups in Nigeria. I will xray it out for you so you can see the real situation, and then decide how you can tap into it. My approach is from the business view of the business.

I'll try to update this thread daily.

Can I send you a DM sir? I have some questions to ask.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2021
The5DME:

Can I send you a DM sir? I have some questions to ask.

Sure.
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by The5DME(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Sure.
sent!
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by spdrocket: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
I liked the story on your theme. By the way, I recently wrote a guide that I think will be useful to you. In it, I shared about the factors that affect the time to develop a mobile app. Interested in learning more about them? Read more about how long does it take to develop an app here https://spdload.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-to-develop-an-app/
Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2022
iHATCH
Idea Hatch (iHatch) is a 5-month free intensive incubation program organized by the National Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (NCAIR) in partnership with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The program was created to refine the business model of Nigerian entrepreneurs through a series of mentoring, lectures, and bootcamps to develop scalable business models in Nigeria.

Deadline: 31 Jan, 2022

https://ncair.nitda.gov.ng/?page_id=3613

1 Like

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Youth Empowerment: Youth Ministry Release Details of Partnership With Konga On Internship And MSMEs Development

https://fmic.gov.ng/youth-empowerment-youth-ministry-release-details-of-partnership-with-konga-on-internship-and-msmes-development/

Click here for online form:
https://youthandsports.ng/fmysd-konga-form/

Re: Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2022
I am blogging soon
Blogging is not new to virtually everyone here, but honestly, I haven't considered it as a business until just last week. Hmmm! Most Nigerians rushed into blogging because of Ms. Ikeji. Honestly, I heard about her very late, and later I tried to know why she is succesful --- yeah...early entering. Hmmm! Seriously, if she comes in now, I can tell you she has no chance. But really, to be first in everything means she was/is so hardworking to the extent of knowing and new things first. She is an early adopter. Trust me, she is already doing what you do not know about. And many might not work and will lose money, but the one which will work again....uh la la.... but you? Always waiting to be assured you arent going to fail. You must not lose $1. Hahaha. cheesy See eh....you will just be a hustler for the rest of your life.

Actually, I started writing my blog in 2008, but I abandoned it like everyone else because there was no solid preparation and there was no business angle in it. What if I tell you I discovered something amazing recently.

Three Stages of opportunities
1. Early entrant- Get in fast when the competition is low and becoming a strong contender.
2. Late entrant - This is when everyone start entering. And then the competition is extremely high. Very hard to make a breakthrough. Not ideal for you to enter.
3. Regularized entrant - Get in later when it has fully been regulated. This time, real professionalism is put there. May be in form of writing a very difficult test to get license for doing it. This stage will only emerge after stage 2 above has injured many. Take the case of building highrise in Nigeria. It is now getting common that everyone of those builders are going into it. But I know that very soon, the standard will be high when more people get trapped in collapsed buildings. When a governor is buried alive under a collapsed building, the standard will be raised. This is the truth. In case of blogging, many writers have been "lashed". Lol. So, only the extremely good ones can enter now, and not copy and paste.

Let me tell you the truth, blogging is an avenue for some huge revenue. Yes, I have seen it. Hmmm! I have not done it myself cos I don't tell lies. What I can do, I am going to do, or I am doing, yeah.....I say it neatly with confidence. And when I know I am wrong later about what I said earlier, trust me, I always come out openly to say...here...I am wrong, please, forgive me if I need to apologize. So, I am not going to tell you lies that I have done it, but I know the recipe.

One man can turn around the fate of 95% world population
As an entrepreneur, I learned about a lot of things. Trust me, you do not want to leave out marketing. Towards the end of last year, I delved so much in marketing. And it started cos I was experiment if I should have a high frequency rate of appearance online or I should keep the big boss - "let them face barriers before talking to me". And I realised that it is old skool to keep people out there trying to get you. Seriously, I can find my way around to hook up with Elon Musk than with Warren Buffet. Haha. It is an impossible mission to get the attention of Mr Buffet. Lol. And I can see Mr Bezos' presence is also getting better daily. What about Mr. Gates? Lol. Old skool guy. And guys what? This thing called online presence is craz.y that it has made Elon Musk to be the pilot of cryptocurrencies. How can a single man have the influence of moving up or down any currency as he likes? This is what govt doesnt like. Of course the US dollars, British pounds, Japanese Yen etc cannot be moved by any individual but by the top financial institutions like world bank, big banks, central banks, etc. Come on! Some people just came up with digital currencies, and just an individual can turn them up and down as he wishes. Lol. This is the power of Elon Musk. Wow! No wonder he is now the richest man in the world. And I see Jeff Bezos doing same.

Growth, the secret of all successful businesses
The main reason most entrepreneurs fail is because they do not know how to grow their business. More sales is growth.

You grow your business by placing your services and products in front of many. The more people who see them, the more chances of you selling more and more. And when you keep upgrading your skills, you grow gradually daily.

This is where blogging comes in. You blog to put out your services and products. Those who can write well and make excellent videos are the right people for it. Unfortunately, many are in Fiverr. It is more than just knowing how to write.

Google Ranking System
Since paid advert is out of it at the early stage, SEO is the secret. That is it. Go learn SEO from A to Z. Crack it. This is the secret.

User Experience and Conversion Optimization
You gat to know how to make your website an easy flow for google algorithm and readers. Also, you will try a lot of A/B testing.

[b]What do the audience want to read or watch[b]
To tell you the truth, it is not about what you want to put out there, but what the audience want. This is the reason many bloggers fail. They are always posting what they think is good for the audience. Nope. You need to put there what people want to be successful. How do you know what people want? That is the skill you need because that is where growth lies. Trust me, most SEO guys do not know how to do it.

Forget it! Most content writers cannot do it also. I know what I am saying. Those content writers can only work for those big companies. Now, ask them for their own personal blogs or websites? Lol. Just nothing to write home about. But they write for those big names and their posts rank high in the google search engine. And they start showing you that to tell you they can do it. Ok. Give them a new site and commission them to make it work...no way. Give them the target of 100,000 views per month within 24 months for a new blog...no way. Of course, they cannot do it. But they write on websites with over 1 million views per month, and they rank high, and then you think they can do it. Lol. Nope. Those guys who took the sites from 0 to the first 100,000 views did it. Infact, making the first mothtly 10,000 view is the hardest work to do.

Guys, I am gonna try it
I have so much to put out there, and I have been looking for the secret recipe. It seems this is it. If you arent an entrepreneur, kindly forget it. But if you are already making money online, or you have a side hustle which is ok, it is for you. If you can sit on your computer and research thoroughly, this is for you. And if your writing skill is good, then...go for it. You can build any business with this skill.

Another means is that you may partner with someone who has done it or who is in the process of doing it. Seriously, I think many of those who can write excellently do not need to look for jobs again. They can comfortably make $3,000 monthly and above from just one website. And they can have many. I know a guy who keeps making websites every year and sells them. Every year, he starts about 6 to 10 and sells each for $50,000 even up to $250,000. Can you imagine this? This is the secret of knowing what to do, and how to do it. It is like an open secret weapon. Not everyone can do it, but those who can sit and make thorough research.

Going with my gut
Yes, our gut is another weapon which can make us. My gut tells me to do this. I am going to start with just one, and if I get it right, believe me, I am going to spread out my pinacle and get the best staff. The moment I hit 50,000 views ....that's it. Can I really do it? Hmmmmm!

I do not mind sharing my idea with anyone who is good with writing. If you know you enjoy writing, and your work is top notch, "fine fine fine", I will love to share. But the only criterion is that you need a side hustle for now. You are going on a journey of 24 months to know if you can do it or not. Actually, 12 months are enough, but that extra 12 because you are new to it. And you need to learn many skills to do it. I think if you do not have those skills, you can partner with someone who has it. If you know you can try to manage with your salary or income for the next 24 months, or you can add another side hustle and still have time to write, then, you are good to go with it.

Maybe you want to research this yourself also. Trust me, if you get it right, you are made. You will never lack again. You are going to be a boss of bosses for as long as you want. You just keep upgrading yourself also as new things come out.

Are you skillful in writing but still struggling with your finance? I want to help a lot of people. Even you are my worst enemy....I will assit you. This is one thing about me. I am passionate about a better place for us all. I am leaving this caution here again...if you know you need it for instant income, it is not for you. You will only get to be my enemy more, but if you are skillful and you have a source of income which can get you going, yeah....you are the right candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Computer Science/programming Challenging Questions / How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format / Can Obfuscated Php Script Be Decoded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 337
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.