Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? (28374 Views)

N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by emmanuelzi(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
kaycyor:
Please can someone survive a whole month with just 50k salary as a graduate.

I had a friend that just got employed in a big organization but he is placed on contract and 50k salary. Should he go ahead to take the Job or look elsewhere considering the deteriorating economy of Nigeria.

What's your advise on this guys.

Where you see the job abeg
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by authority2006(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
My brother, sometimes it is not how much you earn. It is what you decide as your principle or what I call financial culture. If you are disciplined as a young man and inculcate the habit of saving in your everyday life, you will go far. Save and invest is the motto.

We often feel that you must jam a huge amount of money to become financially successful but it is wrong. The sum of N300,000 can be your seed capital for investment and after 4 years, your business can worth more than 20 million.

Op, tell your friend to save, invest and grow. Let him stay away from parasitic young women, drugs, alcohol, partying and useless fairweather friends

And online betting plus lotto

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
My brother, sometimes it is not how much you earn. It is what you decide as your principle or what I call financial culture. If you are disciplined as a young man and inculcate the habit of saving in your everyday life, you will go far. Save and invest is the motto.

We often feel that you must jam a huge amount of money to become financially successful but it is wrong. The sum of N300,000 can be your seed capital for investment and after 4 years, your business can worth more than 20 million.

Op, tell your friend to save, invest and grow. Let him stay away from parasitic young women, drugs, alcohol, partying and useless fairweather friends

Thanks Buddy.. I appreciate your advise
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
moscobabs:
Very stvpid question. Any Graduate that can not manage #50k salary is nothing but a theif.

My Brother.. In this Nigeria situation with the hike of prices.. Fear God na
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Survive as a word is relative in this context.

If you just eat may be twice a day, take bath, wash your clothes and avoid so many other things, yes you can survive.

Problem is that your life will be a bit restricted and you will not have to help anyone with money or carry any extra expenses. Least I forget please do not listen to church pastors that will be asking you to sow a seed.

Just be interested in yourself until God elevate you to a better job, then you can so many.

That's my point.. There are other responsibilities. Its is not that easy
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
Eriokanmi:
In my opinion, that friend of yours should just endure, though the salary seems small. He or she might be converted into a regular staff later. Most of the big organisations nowadays do this a lot.

The salary might be meagre but when other hidden benefits begin to show up, he'd be glad he took that job. The major problems most job seekers have nowadays is discontentment. Their mouths are so wide that they wouldn't mind earning 500k a month, as if it's so easy to create jobs. In the process, they end up at nothing. My sister inlaw started with a 40k salary as a contract staff with access bank. She was still single when she started, she joined immediately after completing her nysc. At the end of the month, hardly would she be able to save 10k cos transport would have gulped the chunk of it.

Barely 3 years into her employment with access, there was a circular from the head office, in which each departmental head was asked to recommend 2 diligent contract staff under them for an interview. There were some who had been there on contract for nearly 4 years before she joined them. Her boss recommended her. She also recommended a guy whom my inlaw met there. She said her boss lady was always strict on her, not knowing she was grooming her. In short, she passed the tests and interviews and was converted to a regular staff, through an internal job advert . She was posted to their call centre, the position she held until she joined another bank of South African bank's affiliate. I don't want to mention the name but people could guess with that description. She was posted to their call centre at ilupeju before she moved to a multinational finance company.

At times, starting very little pays because you never can tell of the robust benefits lying ahead.

Very well noted.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by seyz91(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
cheesy i wonder too oo
michael77777:
foolish question.... mtcheeeew!!.....

if you don't want to survive make you die naaa!....
so you can't survive ordinary 4weeks with 50k?

you be gp tank?
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sysdatek:

Don't draw conclusions like buhari.
There are areas in lagos you live and you get a 50k job where your monthly transport to work is 50k

So does that make you a thief?

You dey mind am. Places like ikorodu and work is in the island. Penny wise pound foolish.

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by seyz91(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Stupid question in a stupid post

I wish i can see you in person to either flog you or slap you with this nonsense

Lots of graduates that finished many years ago sef never see 20k offer and you here telling us about a fresh graduate with 50k offer and still having second thought?

Somehow i feel you purposely want to intimidate or mock alot of jobless graduate nairalanders with this stupid thread of yours cuz you obviously don't know the Drowning economy you claimed deteriorating

undecided
SMH
kaycyor:
Please can someone survive a whole month with just 50k salary as a graduate.

I had a friend that just got employed in a big organization but he is placed on contract and 50k salary. Should he go ahead to take the Job or look elsewhere considering the deteriorating economy of Nigeria.

What's your advise on this guys.

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by sageb: 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
CHANNELStv2020:
Guy everything na planning oh,I graduated in 2018 from a top university in Europe,I Obtained a 2.1 in Petroleum engineering,I had to come back to Nigeria to serve, obtained my Nysc cert 2019 December (after months of looking for a job,Gee na 30k secretary job man day do for pH oh,wetin man go do, instead of to day house,this life ain't balance,till GOD remember him Pikin,I will just keep applying and looking up to GOD.

where do you reside in PH
have you tried marine companies
your foreign certificate will give you an edge

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by backtalkG(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
BMC crew have been surviving on 30k lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by kaycyor: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
eTen94:
take the job, save, learn an high paying skill like, copywriting, affiliate marketing, fb ads etc then set up a business for yourself

Love to ask. How and where can he enroll for any of these to boost himself

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by PossibleUN: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
With my business experience and exposure. I can't accept 200k salary
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by niel63(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Eriokanmi:
In my opinion, that friend of yours should just endure, though the salary seems small. He or she might be converted into a regular staff later. Most of the big organisations nowadays do this a lot.

The salary might be meagre but when other hidden benefits begin to show up, he'd be glad he took that job. The major problems most job seekers have nowadays is discontentment. Their mouths are so wide that they wouldn't mind earning 500k a month, as if it's so easy to create jobs. In the process, they end up at nothing. My sister inlaw started with a 40k salary as a contract staff with access bank. She was still single when she started, she joined immediately after completing her nysc. At the end of the month, hardly would she be able to save 10k cos transport would have gulped the chunk of it.

Barely 3 years into her employment with access, there was a circular from the head office, in which each departmental head was asked to recommend 2 diligent contract staff under them for an interview. There were some who had been there on contract for nearly 4 years before she joined them. Her boss recommended her. She also recommended a guy whom my inlaw met there. She said her boss lady was always strict on her, not knowing she was grooming her. In short, she passed the tests and interviews and was converted to a regular staff, through an internal job advert . She was posted to their call centre, the position she held until she joined another bank of South African bank's affiliate. I don't want to mention the name but people could guess with that description. She was posted to their call centre at ilupeju before she moved to a multinational finance company.

At times, starting very little pays because you never can tell of the robust benefits lying ahead.

Delay is dangerous.

Anyway, she's just one of the very lucky few.

This is Nigeria... see how we living now?
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by clems88(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
CHANNELStv2020:
Guy everything na planning oh,I graduated in 2018 from a top university in Europe,I Obtained a 2.1 in Petroleum engineering,I had to come back to Nigeria to serve, obtained my Nysc cert 2019 December (after months of looking for a job,Gee na 30k secretary job man day do for pH oh,wetin man go do, instead of to day house,this life ain't balance,till GOD remember him Pikin,I will just keep applying and looking up to GOD.
imagine ... After paying millions your parents never secured a job for you shocked you for use that money go one yeye uni for here then open better biz angry
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Fatasy(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
I'm a graduate and i earn 20k bro.
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Moregreen: 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
CHANNELStv2020:

YOU MEAN SAY, YOU SCHOOL FOR ABROAD COME DEY MELO FOR 30K JOB FOR 9JA?
WHICH KIND WAHALA BE THIS NA?

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by CHANNELStv2020: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
sageb:

where do you reside in PH
have you tried marine companies
your foreign certificate will give you an edge
Rumuokuta brother,I day try,but na connect man need
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by CHANNELStv2020: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Moregreen:

Oboy wetin man go do,they sit down for house
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by CHANNELStv2020: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Moregreen:

Oboy wetin man go do,they sit down for house no be option

1 Like 1 Share

clems88:
imagine ... After paying millions your parents never secured a job for you shocked you for use that money go one yeye uni for here then open better biz angry
Guy na scholarship I been get

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by CHANNELStv2020: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
Roman7:

U school for Europe u no get any connection for there? Way u for go back immediately u finish NYSC or stay back find work screw NYSC
Brother na money to take go back oh
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by vickydevoka(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:

Gambling too. Buh be will pay house rent
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by 24kmagic: 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nicholaspepe:

Pls PM me

Like I said, you won't like the job.
Plus, there are some terrible conditions attached to such jobs.
The evil conditions are
1. You will pay a registration fee of 3k (you fit beg them sha)
2. 50/50 on your first salary.

But as long as you pay the registration fee, they will find you a place.

Possible jobs for you

1. Waiter
2. Sales Representative (not marketer)
3. Secretary

If you're lucky, you might get something better than these.

Starting salary is 30-40k, subject to review depending on your place of work. Some review after 3 months while some review after 6 months

You won't like the job, but e go sha pay you.
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Ayo2004: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Moregreen:

Walahi,that guy must be lying
If not,he has been cursed or he is incredibly stupid
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nicholaspepe:
Pls, can your friend kindly pass the job to me?
I'm also a graduate, studied a good course and had good grades. I'm currently unemployed after NYSC. Job hunting in Abuja. I'm willing to take the offer. Thanks, may God bless you in Christ's Name. Amen
Abuja there is job everywhere
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
godbroda:
With 50k per month, I will start building a house.
Are you sure
Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by Roman7(m): 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
CHANNELStv2020:

Brother na money to take go back oh

Everywhere go good

1 Like

Re: Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? by 24kmagic: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nicholaspepe:

I need anything called job right now bro. Anything!
I'm really depressed, sad and devastated. I'm having suicidal propensities now

Baba take am easy ooo
E no easy for any of us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics? / What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean / Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.