Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:35 PM

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! (10224 Views)

Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work / 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Gmajor(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fronesis:
I'm of the opinion that while you concentrate in building your career, you also take out time to build other areas of your life.

For a typical day at work, first thing i do is to take a sheet of paper and write out my plan for the day. So i divide my time at work into 2: 8-12noon and 1-4 pm. My 8-12noon comprises of doing my tasks: responding to mails, executing tasks, attending meetings, taking out time to update myself with news around the world(nairaland has been helpful), when i'm getting bored, do a little of instagram, take out time when its available to read some pages of a book. By 12 noon, i take out time to pray and take lunch. I repeat my 8-12noon in my 1-4pm.

Take out time to read not gisting and pleasure always, serve God through evangelism towards the weekend, invest in building great relationships in the weekend, enjoy your life also in the weekend. If you dont want to regret in future, your mondays to fridays must be for you through adequate investment of your time in building your life. Weekend is for serving God and ofcos pleasure.

Thanks.

Soft work
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by cletz991(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
sadThanks
pocohantas:

Sorry. I can imagine how your waist and back hurts. I am tired of driving.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Get to work by 8 am.
Greet people, change to my scrub, then sashay into the consulting room.
See a few patients, then take excuse around 10 to take a bite to eat.
Resume work, see more patients, attend to emergencies when they come, continue to see patients till the load reduces, go home by 4pm.

If i am on call, take a break by 3 pm to resume by 4, see patients, set lines, order investigations, discuss with relatives, refer who is necessary till workload reduces or patients stop coming.
Go to sleep, repeat the whole process when I am called for a patient late in the night(no matter how many times). Get up by 6 am next morning, do ward rounds, collect baby samples if it's a weekend. Continue to see outpatients till noon or 4pm the next day.

11 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by folake4u(f): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
Work begins at 8am.

I go over the logbook, Incoming and Outgoing logbook to check if I've received Letters/Mails from different organizations, I place them on my Boss table for the files to be worked on.
I receive daily reports from the various tax offices in the State and their level of tax compliance. Also do research on tax laws and how it can be applied to a situation, take minutes of meetings etc.
Then record information for Application for Certificate of Occupancy. Or sometimes help my colleague process Tax clearance certificate.

Sometimes, the day can be very free, other times I'm engrossed in work that I won't know when time has gone far. Lol doesn't stop me from eating sha.
Cos Tax work is a whole lot. If I don't have breakfast before I leave the house, my whole day is spoilt because I'd be drained and I don't eat "Mamaput" due to my sensitive stomach, so I'd be munching on snacks all through.

My free period is meant for doing goofy Snapchat videos with my colleagues, going from one office to another for gist, strolling around the office to stretch my legs, watching YouTube videos on the organisation's PC, etc.
My workplace closes by 4pm but because I work directly with my Boss, I usually close 5/6pm or sometimes 7pm cheesy.

9 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by neyyoh: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Remote work from home, squeeze out time eat, gym, trade stocks and crypto, read news, social media/nairaland.. all day everyday..

Chill with the mrs in evening..

nothing impressive but very stress free..life.

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
blockgeek69:
I do a remote job, basically I currently work from my bedroom and also do my crypto trading thing. The last time I went to a physical office was during my NYSC days, 4 years ago.

back in the day, everyday at work was horrible, filled with tribalism and hatred.

It was really hard working in a place where 99% were from a particular tribe different from yours.

I hope you currently enjoy your work now... And hope it's much more rewarding

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
neyyoh:
Remote work from home, squeeze out time eat, gym, trade stocks and crypto, read news, social media/nairaland.. all day everyday..

Chill with the mrs in evening..

nothing impressive but very stress free..life.

You do all these in a day?

Do you have a table or to-do list you follow??
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
folake4u:
Work begins at 8am.

I go over the logbook, Incoming and Outgoing logbook to check if I've received Letters/Mails from different organizations, I place them on my Boss table for the files to be worked on.
I receive daily reports from the various tax offices in the State and their level of tax compliance. Also do research on tax laws and how it can be applied to a situation, take minutes of meetings etc.
Then record information for Application for Certificate of Occupancy. Or sometimes help my colleague process Tax clearance certificate.

Sometimes, the day can be very free, other times I'm engrossed in work that I won't know when time has gone far. Lol doesn't stop me from eating sha.
Cos Tax work is a whole lot. If I don't have breakfast before I leave the house, my whole day is spoilt because I'd be drained and I don't eat "Mamaput" due to my sensitive stomach, so I'd be munching on snacks all through.

My free period is meant for doing goofy Snapchat videos with my colleagues, going from one office to another for gist, strolling around the office to stretch my legs, watching YouTube videos on the organisation's PC, etc.
My workplace closes by 4pm but because I work directly with my Boss, I usually close 5/6pm or sometimes 7pm cheesy.

Yes!! This is cool....

Is this not like routinely repeated?? And don't you feel bored doing the same thing always?? Any challenges at all?? Be it work or difficult task, or even a difficult co-worker?

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by MrSamsung(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Get to work by 8 am.
Resume work, see more patients, attend to emergencies when they come, continue to see patients till the load reduces, go home by 4pm.

If i am on call, take a break by 3 pm to resume by 4, see patients, set lines, order investigations, discuss with relatives, refer who is necessary till workload reduces or patients stop coming.
Go to sleep, repeat the whole process when I am called for a patient late in the night(no matter how many times). Get up by 6 am next morning, do ward rounds, collect baby samples if it's a weekend. Continue to see outpatients till noon or 4pm the next day.

Aside the peks, pay and status that comes with being a medical practitioner, is it stressful? Does it take a toll on the body? And what do you personally do sometimes to release the steam and unwine sad

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Day starts by 5:30am prayers( covenant hour of prayer) when I return, I exercise and take a bath
Work starts by 8am.. receive and negotiate calls on agro commodities supply
Visit customer company to confirm it's legit
Make sure d goods we are supplying is done within deadline so plenty calls
I am a marketer so I work from home or hotels of a city since I visit any new company I am onboarding so I travel 3 times in a month
Close by 12 midnight but pray my nairaland people who reach out to me till 2 or 3am
Start again by 5'30am, when not working, I am reaching out to souls online esp thru nairaland or Quora... weekend is for house fellowship, baptism of my new converts and cannanland on Sunday. Watch enakhe and all my zeeworld omnibus kiss kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by neyyoh: 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

You do all these in a day?

Do you have a table or to-do list you follow??

No , i just set up everything required iny house to make life easy.

Eg . A bike, rowing machine, dumbells... Use d rowing machine the most.. the hardest part is cooking and eating.. sometimes i skip.

Essentially no hard routine, i prioritie my work, then do everything else.

Trading , I use alerts.. everything is on the mobile phone. So that's easy.

4 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by blockgeek69(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

I hope you currently enjoy your work now... And hope it's much more rewarding

Although every work has its dark areas, but yes I enjoy what I do right now and it's very much rewarding.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Magnumproperty: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
I am a teacher. I resigned during the lockdown to start a business, it failed. Now I have to wait till August (summer) to resume a new teaching job on the island.

I now appreciate my job now more than ever. Even if the pay is not as I would like, with private classes, I was able to live fine. Now no income, I can't wait to resume and this time I will cherish my job and plan well before resigning to start any business in the future.
Pls how can u link me up with a teaching job on d island. I have a degree in accounting education. Schools for mainland no dey try at all
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Get to work by 8 am.

At the end of the day, you love what you do right
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Stevenbright(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
I am a teacher. I resigned during the lockdown to start a business, it failed. Now I have to wait till August (summer) to resume a new teaching job on the island.

I now appreciate my job now more than ever. Even if the pay is not as I would like, with private classes, I was able to live fine. Now no income, I can't wait to resume and this time I will cherish my job and plan well before resigning to start any business in the future.

Never resign to start a business again. Plan and start a business you can run along side ur teaching job probably by employing someone who does the day to day running while you come around after closing from work. Do it until the business is stable (starts bringing in good profit). At this point you can resign to run it along with ur current staff full time. Expand it by putting like 40% of ur savings into it and then focus on growing it.

6 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lagusta:
Anyway,

I vet claims, approve bills, manage enrollees and providers, reconcile bills, and supervise the call centre

I also organize health talks, health checks, onboard new providers and scout nfor new businesses to sign up with us

Thats all shaa

Nice one! You don leave IV line setting for small boys dey collect AC. No wonder you abandoned your lovely diary.
grin.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by passionberry(f): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

We are same direction oh
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Olivyabrown:
My days starts with a cup of coffee. I like it black. Afterwards, I will draft a to-do list for the day, then check my emails.

By 12pm, I will take a break. Grab some munchies and fix myself a nice lunch. Then, maybe check the featured threads on NL.

Start the second half of the day by 1:30pm-ish and close by 6pm.

You seems to be on vacation..... Or are you self employed

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
AngelicDamsel:

What kind of business? What made it fail?

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Stevenbright:

Never resign to start a business again. Plan and start a business you can run along side ur teaching job probably by employing someone who does the day to day running while you come around after closing from work. Do it until the business is stable (starts bringing in good profit). At this point you can resign to run it along with ur current staff full time. Expand it by putting like 40% of ur savings into it and then focus on growing it.
True..... A bird in hand is better than 1000 in forest

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by johnnypumpum(m): 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
my is simply wake up by 6:30 am, most be at the office by 7:30 am or some idiot colleague will say u ar late on duty and your salary deducted at the end of the month.......... resume activities in the office by 8am till closing time which is 5pm from mon to sat... always on my laptop chatting, sending mails and replying at same time.....during break time i gist with my colleague a little and resume my duty...always grateful to God my mentor.....

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Get to work by 8 am.

Must be demanding and slightly draining. The money and thanks would be the only consolation.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright......mine is like that of a mad man....my place of work is my house.....Huzzling and balling from home

Ten minutes am on the floor with about five computers Trying to do some programming....

Before you know it.....am sitting with a my MacBook pro in my sanctum(inner room where you huzzle only) Trying to huzzle, bomb and be a keyboard warrior....smoking my weed and drinking my bottles
The life of a real niggarrr

Isoright.....
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by folake4u(f): 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

Yes!! This is cool....

Is this not like routinely repeated?? And don't you feel bored doing the same thing always?? Any challenges at all?? Be it work or difficult task, or even a difficult co-worker?

Yes, It is routine work most times and can get very very boring (that's why Netflix and YouTube is there for me to unwind). Other times, there's a fresh challenge that gets me on my toes, it's exciting and exhilarating at the same time!

Yes, there are challenges to my work too. I once misplaced a work mail sent in by an organisation and it was very vital, the luck I had is that a colleague made a photocopy of the original, otherwise, it wouldn't have been a funny tale to tell.
There's also the problem of "difficult worker" but I always manoeuvre my way into them doing the job and disperse!

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
I wake up at 6am at most 6:15am via a loud alarm. Glance through a single verse of scripture most times and say a very short prayer.

Make oats meal and boiled eggs most morning with a cup of coffee. I am off at 7am to catch a bus. Get to work and check all my messages and tasks for the day. I say a prayer if it's a lot to do. Grind through the day. At 12:30 I have my break for an hour. Do some admin work and reply mails afterwards, and speak to clients who request a call back. Finish at 5pm most days, but get home 7pm most times, and the cycle continues. Good thing is pay comes monthly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Josywhyte: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Federal Government/State Government workers.
1. Go late to work, make up for it by closing early
2. Eating in the office
3. Sleep
4. Press phone tire
5. Look at time make 4pm closing hour reach quick
6. Repeat same step until salary is due
And collect gratuity and pension after 35yrs of idleness in the office. Lol....government work take style sweet sha

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by osuofia2(m): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
Work in the morning bomb at night. Bills must be paid

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by hakunamatata00(m): 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright......mine is like that of a mad man....my place of work is my house.....Huzzling and balling from home

Ten minutes am on the floor with about five computers Trying to do some programming....

Before you know it.....am sitting with a my MacBook pro in my sanctum(inner room where you huzzle only) Trying to huzzle, bomb and be a keyboard warrior....smoking my weed and drinking my bottles

show me the way boss
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by MilesLamar(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Teach me how to program so I can help you bomb, I don't mind coming over to benin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Promotion Racket Rocks Road Safety / Kaigama Says Federal Government Of Nigeria Must Revisit Minimum Wage. / APCON Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.