Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! (10300 Views)

Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work / 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by fatymore(f): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
As I resigned from my 9-5 work. I joined the hustling group

Wake up around 5.30, pray, sleep back and wake up by 7. Prepare breakfast for hubby and me.

Go to my retweet group on WhatsApp drop the link for my business tweet.

Go to where I sell cosmetics and jewelry (Physical store).

Arrange the wares, sit and start advertising my online business(bedsheet and duvets+towels) at the same time attending to customers in my store.

Close by 7 and go home to zaddy

Entrepreneurship isn't easy especially when our economy now is very tight. No money for luxury again except food undecided

6 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Odunolumide(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
agbero

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Odunolumide(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
bus conductor, or teacher

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Odunolumide(m): 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bammzzie:

U b bus conductor grin grin

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by ravensckar(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
I am a teacher. I resigned during the lockdown to start a business, it failed. Now I have to wait till August (summer) to resume a new teaching job on the island.

I now appreciate my job now more than ever. Even if the pay is not as I would like, with private classes, I was able to live fine. Now no income, I can't wait to resume and this time I will cherish my job and plan well before resigning to start any business in the future.

Thanks for your advice.

I don't do link ups. No one linked me up.
Just go to schools you like and submit your CV. Be sure not to give the gateman. Go inside and don't tell anyone of your intention until you get to the admin's office. Do this and you will be surprised at the number of schools on the island that need teachers so badly.

Tell me yours. smiley
In all honesty, I'm quite fascinated by your post. You see all these self-styled motivational speakers, dem don push many people enter pit with their impractical ideas. I'm glad you're back to the fold. Teaching may not be that lucrative (which even depends on your area, qualification, professional certifications & experience though) but it's a steady job. PM me for teaching jobs on the island. I'll see how I can assist you.

PS- the era of going to drop CV in schools has gone. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by FanOfMyself: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
blockgeek69:
I do a remote job, basically I currently work from my bedroom and also do my crypto trading thing. The last time I went to a physical office was during my NYSC days, 4 years ago.

back in the day, everyday at work was horrible, filled with tribalism and hatred.

It was really hard working in a place where 99% were from a particular tribe different from yours.
Hey bro, I think you are a programmer...if so can we network?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by AngelicDamsel(f): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
ravensckar:
In all honesty, I'm quite fascinated by your post. You see all these self-styled motivational speakers, dem don push many people enter pit with their impractical ideas. I'm glad you're back to the fold. Teaching may not be that lucrative (which even depends on your area, qualification, professional certifications & experience though) but it's a steady job. PM me for teaching jobs on the island. I'll see how I can assist you.

I have gotten a job already. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by BrazilAirport: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
It affects us most the moment we are out of jobs and looking for available opportunities
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Commanderinpips: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odunolumide:
Resume work by 7am,then shout and scream till 5pm.
You can guess which work I do

Teacher (ogun mefun)
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by real691(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
ravensckar:

Boss, any hope for a NCE holder getting a teaching job on the island? Even if it's primary. I have 6+years experience.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by ravensckar(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
real691:

Boss, any hope for a NCE holder getting a teaching job on the island? Even if it's primary. I have 6+years experience.
There's hope, although the pay will be paltry since most school owners treat NCE holders as pseudo-graduates. The maximum salary an NCE holder will get over here is 50K (that will be in a very big school self). But you can still shoot your shot though. Send me a PM, let's see if I can help you get home lessons. But you have to be living on the island o.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Hassanmaye(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright......mine is like that of a mad man....my place of work is my house.....Huzzling and balling from home

Ten minutes am on the floor with about five computers Trying to do some programming....

Before you know it.....am sitting with a my MacBook pro in my sanctum(inner room where you huzzle only) Trying to huzzle, bomb and be a keyboard warrior....smoking my weed and drinking my bottles
The life of a real niggarrr

Bad boy cheesy
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by JIREN01: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odunolumide:
Resume work by 7am,then shout and scream till 5pm.
You can guess which work I do
A bus conductor?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by blockgeek69(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Hey bro, I think you are a programmer...if so can we network?

I'm not a programmer, I'm a social media manager and a crypto trader as well.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Odunolumide(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Commanderinpips:

Teacher (ogun mefun)

Which one be ogunmefun again
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Odunolumide(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
JIREN01:
A bus conductor?

Lol
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by peachesandroses(f): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fronesis:
I'm of the opinion that while you concentrate in building your career, you also take out time to build other areas of your life.

For a typical day at work, first thing i do is to take a sheet of paper and write out my plan for the day. So i divide my time at work into 2: 8-12noon and 1-4 pm. My 8-12noon comprises of doing my tasks: responding to mails, executing tasks, attending meetings, taking out time to update myself with news around the world(nairaland has been helpful), when i'm getting bored, do a little of instagram, take out time when its available to read some pages of a book. By 12 noon, i take out time to pray and take lunch. I repeat my 8-12noon in my 1-4pm.

Amazing! You do Evangelism? Kudos
I do it too though not regularly as I wish.

Take out time to read not gisting and pleasure always, serve God through evangelism towards the weekend, invest in building great relationships in the weekend, enjoy your life also in the weekend. If you dont want to regret in future, your mondays to fridays must be for you through adequate investment of your time in building your life. Weekend is for serving God and ofcos pleasure.

Thanks.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by peachesandroses(f): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fronesis:
I'm of the opinion that while you concentrate in building your career, you also take out time to build other areas of your life.

For a typical day at work, first thing i do is to take a sheet of paper and write out my plan for the day. So i divide my time at work into 2: 8-12noon and 1-4 pm. My 8-12noon comprises of doing my tasks: responding to mails, executing tasks, attending meetings, taking out time to update myself with news around the world(nairaland has been helpful), when i'm getting bored, do a little of instagram, take out time when its available to read some pages of a book. By 12 noon, i take out time to pray and take lunch. I repeat my 8-12noon in my 1-4pm.

Take out time to read not gisting and pleasure always, serve God through evangelism towards the weekend, invest in building great relationships in the weekend, enjoy your life also in the weekend. If you dont want to regret in future, your mondays to fridays must be for you through adequate investment of your time in building your life. Weekend is for serving God and ofcos pleasure.

Thanks.

Amazing! You do Evangelism?
I do too, though not as regularly as I wish to.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Tukor1759: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright......mine is like that of a mad man....my place of work is my house.....Huzzling and balling from home

Ten minutes am on the floor with about five computers Trying to do some programming....

Before you know it.....am sitting with a my MacBook pro in my sanctum(inner room where you huzzle only) Trying to huzzle, bomb and be a keyboard warrior....smoking my weed and drinking my bottles
The life of a real niggarrr

Edo boy
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Tukor1759: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
tydi:

I’m not him Nigga. He is my real dawg buh we don’t do same sh!t.

but una dey smoke same shit
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by tydi(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tukor1759:
but una dey smoke same shit

Ah believe you gat your own shits together too.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Vasgas: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lagusta:
Anyway,

I vet claims, approve bills, manage enrollees and providers, reconcile bills, and supervise the call centre

I also organize health talks, health checks, onboard new providers and scout nfor new businesses to sign up with us

Thats all shaa

Claims officer@HMO
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chukdobz20: 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lagusta:
Anyway,

I vet claims, approve bills, manage enrollees and providers, reconcile bills, and supervise the call centre

I also organize health talks, health checks, onboard new providers and scout nfor new businesses to sign up with us

Thats all shaa

What happened with your medical career? What you do now?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Federal Government/State Government workers.
1. Go late to work, make up for it by closing early
2. Eating in the office
3. Sleep
4. Press phone tire
5. Look at time make 4pm closing hour reach quick
6. Repeat same step until salary is due

Well, the only thing I can see is that this wasn't the job you dreamt of doing..... Am I right
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
fatymore:
As I resigned from my 9-5 work. I joined the hustling group

Wake up around 5.30, pray, sleep back and wake up by 7. Prepare breakfast for hubby and me.

Go to my retweet group on WhatsApp drop the link for my business tweet.

Go to where I sell cosmetics and jewelry (Physical store).

Arrange the wares, sit and start advertising my online business(bedsheet and duvets+towels) at the same time attending to customers in my store.

Close by 7 and go home to zaddy

Entrepreneurship isn't easy especially when our economy now is very tight. No money for luxury again except food undecided

How many years and counting is it now that you left your 9 to 5 job?? And has the entrepreneurship been rewarding so far??
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
As an entrepreneur who is starting all over again, I no get closing time.. Sometimes I am at work as early as 7am and sometimes closes by 8pm and even sometimes, I get called again around 9pm to come and render my services..
Person Don call me 1am before because of emergency...
My sale period is always around 7am to 12am
4pm to 8pm.
I have girls working for me so I relax most of the time.. The koko be say make money Sha dey enter...
I do business in a boring but lucrative environment...
Once sales starts, no more sitting down or dulling

That's cool boss... But I don't get the "starting all over again" part.... Is it that you just left your office work to begin entrepreneurship or you moved from one entrepreneurial part to another?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

That's cool boss... But I don't get the "starting all over again" part.... Is it that you just left your office work to begin entrepreneurship or you moved from one entrepreneurial part to another?
it means I once had a thriving and lucrative business that crashed and I have to start all over again
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by fatymore(f): 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

How many years and counting is it now that you left your 9 to 5 job?? And has the entrepreneurship been rewarding so far??

Leaving it was due to some circumstances. Still looking for job but pending I am being engaged than staying idle.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Must be demanding and slightly draining. The money and thanks would be the only consolation.
the money and thanks is no consolation.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

At the end of the day, you love what you do right
I used to, but now?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chevrolet076:

Well, the only thing I can see is that this wasn't the job you dreamt of doing..... Am I right
I'm mocking them because i have deals with the ministry. I don't work there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KPMG Undergraduate Internship / Employees Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Managers / Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.