Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria (22518 Views)

Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic / Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects / Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Freethinker87:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for their effort.

Anyone with credible information should contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.

You could create a thread with a detailed description of what happened. Then tag the moronic mods and hope they push it to the front page.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by backT(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2021
malel1:
Looking for for fund in Nigerian banks to fund railway project to NIGER. Nawah ooo
Be wise, standard chartered is a London base financial institution.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Nigeria to Niger railway line makes no sense. All these loans are going to be paid back how?
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by GodisFirst: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2021
China has realized that they were on their own (OYO is their case) when they were told by Southerners that any money they borrow them, they should also collect it from the borrowers when the jungle mature. Hence they decided to use their sense. You can't be borrowing money in the name of the country only to use the money to build railway to Niger republic.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Sorry for derailing but I need to say this.

Yoruba muslims & Christians are never enemies. You would hardly see any Yoruba family having no one practising either Christianity or Islam. We are religiously mixed. Please don't give attentive ears to the online warmongers & some religious fanatics. They have little or no knowledge about Yoruba culture. They are online wolves, they operate in packs. Don't be deceived by the number of likes their posts/comments amass. They are agents of division, they hate Yorubas for our oneness because they find it hard to achieve such lofty grace.
ABUJA—The Presidency, yesterday, charged those against the administration’s ranching and colony programmes for herdsmen to rethink, noting that they are better off living with the ranches and colonies than dying through the persisting conflicts.danteenoni

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, speaking on an AIT morning programme in response to a question on ancestral attachments to land said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive.

If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? The exhortation from the Presidency came on a day Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, said that history would be harsh on the present administration if it failed to stop the mass killing of innocent Nigerians.

This is even as the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the 17 Southern states yesterday said the insecurity pervading the country, particularly in the North Central zone, poses grave danger to the conduct of next year’s general elections.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, gave the admonishment as he alleged a conspiracy by alleged critics of the administration to frustrate moves towards resolving the crises in the country. Adesina, who spoke on AIT morning programme, said it was wrong to describe the attacks against farmers as one directed against Christians.

He said: “Hundreds have been killed in Zamfara, are they Christians? People have been killed in Birnin Gwari, are they Christians? “What is happening is criminality, pure and simple, and it must be brought to an end. Government has a big role to play in this but the people themselves have a role to play.” Noting what he described as a campaign to stop the implementation of the administration’s plans to check the farmers-herders conflict, Adesina said: “Some people are saying don’t use government money to build ranches. If truly they don’t have lands, that is fine, but remember that Kogi State offered 15,000 hectares of land for cattle colony and in the midst of that offer vicious attacks were unleashed.

“In Plateau State, where we had the recent orgy of killings, the government has offered land for ranches and I tell you that some people are interested in this thing not being resolved.” Better alive than a dead land owner".

Adesina Asked about the ancestral attachment by the people of those states to their lands, he said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? “The National Economic Council that recommended ranching didn’t just legislate it, there were recommendations. “So, if your state genuinely does not have land for ranching, it is understandable; not every state will have land for ranches. But where you have land and you can do something, please do for peace. What will the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day?”

Adesina further said the administration is doing its best to ensure peace throughout the country. “There are different theatres of crises in the country and you may look at each theatre with its peculiarities. In the Middle Belt, it has its own peculiarities and what is the peculiarity of that, Farmers-Herders conflict. What has the government done? “It has sent in security agencies starting with the police, later troops, later different operations by the military,” he said.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2021
Hmmm!
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Cronus1: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2021
pidhoes:
ABUJA—The Presidency, yesterday, charged those against the administration’s ranching and colony programmes for herdsmen to rethink, noting that they are better off living with the ranches and colonies than dying through the persisting conflicts.danteenoni

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, speaking on an AIT morning programme in response to a question on ancestral attachments to land said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive.

If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? The exhortation from the Presidency came on a day Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, said that history would be harsh on the present administration if it failed to stop the mass killing of innocent Nigerians.

This is even as the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the 17 Southern states yesterday said the insecurity pervading the country, particularly in the North Central zone, poses grave danger to the conduct of next year’s general elections.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, gave the admonishment as he alleged a conspiracy by alleged critics of the administration to frustrate moves towards resolving the crises in the country. Adesina, who spoke on AIT morning programme, said it was wrong to describe the attacks against farmers as one directed against Christians.

He said: “Hundreds have been killed in Zamfara, are they Christians? People have been killed in Birnin Gwari, are they Christians? “What is happening is criminality, pure and simple, and it must be brought to an end. Government has a big role to play in this but the people themselves have a role to play.” Noting what he described as a campaign to stop the implementation of the administration’s plans to check the farmers-herders conflict, Adesina said: “Some people are saying don’t use government money to build ranches. If truly they don’t have lands, that is fine, but remember that Kogi State offered 15,000 hectares of land for cattle colony and in the midst of that offer vicious attacks were unleashed.

“In Plateau State, where we had the recent orgy of killings, the government has offered land for ranches and I tell you that some people are interested in this thing not being resolved.” Better alive than a dead land owner".

Adesina Asked about the ancestral attachment by the people of those states to their lands, he said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? “The National Economic Council that recommended ranching didn’t just legislate it, there were recommendations. “So, if your state genuinely does not have land for ranching, it is understandable; not every state will have land for ranches. But where you have land and you can do something, please do for peace. What will the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day?”

Adesina further said the administration is doing its best to ensure peace throughout the country. “There are different theatres of crises in the country and you may look at each theatre with its peculiarities. In the Middle Belt, it has its own peculiarities and what is the peculiarity of that, Farmers-Herders conflict. What has the government done? “It has sent in security agencies starting with the police, later troops, later different operations by the military,” he said.
danteenoni, don't deal with Laraske y. He is a scammer

He scammed someone of $100. I hope you see this before it is too late.

Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Yankee101: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Much much better than Chinese loans

But $14bn is much much too much

If you spend 14bn in some countries it will transform them forever

I hope someone in the future locks Amaeachi and co up for these over over inflated projects
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Franking: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Northerner part of Nigeria constitute over 70% of the country's land mass. Thats the reason for getting more money.

Fun facts : Borno a state in north east part of Nigeria, is larger in land mass than whole
5 south east States combined.

And how much do they contribute to the economy? Oh! I forgot. That's the meaning of parasite.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by oguntrading: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
dumb ass, you nigerian borrow white men's money to ask chinese construction companies to build railways in nigeria.

even chinese agree, the money still go to chinese. but will the white men agree ?

BTW , white men will NOT send their own workers to build anything for black men. rest your ass sure for that.

white man money go to china via black man. WTF ? no wonder chinese IQ is 124.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by RichBoy247: 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
tobtap:
i prefer the chinese..because dey connect thier loans to projects... borrowing from banks with high interest rate is bad... atleast the chinese build stuffs... i dont trust amechi on dis

Yes, the Chinesse are better in this aspect. They will not give you the money, instead, they will do the projects for you.

If this Buhari administration collects loans from Standard Chartered Bank fr any project, you are sure to see 95% of the so called loans in the accounts of the elite Almajaris .
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by igbesachick: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Loan is still loan. But the fact that you're not taking it from China is a kinda relief sha

you still need to hire chinese companies to build infrastructure for you. and the West loan has more conditions related to "human rights protection "
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by olisaEze(m): 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Sorry for derailing but I need to say this.

Yoruba muslims & Christians are never enemies. You would hardly see any Yoruba family having no one practising either Christianity or Islam. We are religiously mixed. Please don't give attentive ears to the online warmongers & some religious fanatics. They have little or no knowledge about Yoruba culture. They are online wolves, they operate in packs. Don't be deceived by the number of likes their posts/comments amass. They are agents of division, they hate Yorubas for our oneness because they find it hard to achieve such lofty grace.

I know muric is on nairaland, and I know him & his squad will avoid this comment in a hurry. grin
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Ganbite: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
BitterSoul:
You have reached your maximum borrowing limit from China, the reason for new lender avenue. Las Las loan na loan. All of us go suffer am

Meanwhile, you can grow £20 up to £1000 in six weeks. WhatsApp the number on my signature to join the class

Where is ur signature oga ?
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Bashir75: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
tobtap:
i prefer the chinese..because dey connect thier loans to projects... borrowing from banks with high interest rate is bad... atleast the chinese build stuffs... i dont trust amechi on dis

Honestly, it’s not Amaechi’ fault. Would you as a lender lends money to insecured regions? The North is not secured {Boko Haram terrorists} and Igboland is getting burned and destroyed by IPOBIANS terrorists. Investors consider insecurity among others as a sign that could cause payment defaults. There’s no free money and any money given as loans are backed up by other financial houses in China. Defaulting in loan payment is a problem for lenders and In America, default in loans will turned you homeless.

They are watching ad getting feedback from their embassy about the country. What they're thinking from all regions of Nigeria, incessant agitations, government seemingly incapable to secure the nation and possibility of separation into different regions. Who will pay the loans?
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Litmus: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Not a fan of Western constructing companies and financers, I prefer the Chinese. Both sides have points to prove when dealing with Africans. Western countries both stigmatise Africans and are informed in how they deal with Africans by the very stigma they created. So for instance when dealing with Nigerians they may look to cut corners by bribing relevant local interests in the mater having prior told themselves that Nigerians are corrupt. Then they help you build substandard infrastructure pocketing savings accrued from cutting corners, knowing that they will be absolved of blame beneath the Nigerians are corrupt stigma. The Chinese on the other hand are keen to prove that they are better at helping locals with infrastructure than the West. They want to position themselves as empowerers of the downtrodden over Western imperialism with the long term goal of becoming the world’s premier economic and military power themselves.

Nigeria’s infrastructure is as poor as it is today due to being short-changed by the Western companies that exploited Nigeria’s requirements. At best they patronisingly built us second rate stuff when not exploiting our negative reputation i.e. ‘You Africans don’t need the best, you’re not ready’ or ‘your standards are so low, this crap we built should be good enough for you’. Sometimes Nigeria engaged India not recognising that India’s resondetra when dealing with Africa is to exploit Africa in a nudge-nudge-wink-wink acknowledgment to white racism and views towards black people.

Sure, we should do things ourselves, I agree, such would be best; but, in the meantime, we have as much right as the rest of the world to employ local or international companies for all our infrastructural builds and expect them to do so with highest standards commiserate with the latest technique, designs and materials for the price.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by aparata: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
That's not a Nigerian Bank

malel1:
Looking for for fund in Nigerian banks to fund railway project to NIGER. Nawah ooo
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by MITCHELL96: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Freethinker87:
Anyone who can help us locate Joshua Ajisope of Farmfunded Agroservices Ltd will get a N50,000 reward for their effort.

Anyone with credible information should contact me directly on Telegram at @Audacious_Investor.

Reason: Joshua Ajisope ran away with investors money.

Wait oo, Seems like I've seen this guy before

I think, Last month, Jeez! But I'm not on telegram.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Litmus: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
As Public Enemy might rap, 'I fucking hate Julius Berger bridges!'
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by BitterSoul(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ganbite:
[b][/b]

Where is ur signature oga ?
There's a phone number just below my comment in gray color. That is it
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by ibedun: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
FOOLISH NIGERIAN YOUTHS, GO AND ASK YOUR SENATORS AND HOUSE REP MEMBERS TO MAKE A LAW MANDATING ALL LOANS TAKEN BY ANY HARM OF THE GOVERNMENT TO PUBLISH THE DETAILS OF THE LOAN ON THE INTERNET. An example being on the central banks or finance ministry website.

There should be no secrecy or confidentiality regarding government borrowings. This is how the hapless citizens of the country are defrauded and their generational future completely ruined.
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by MITCHELL96: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Freethinker87:

If you have an email address, write me on Kkmakmurbrnuei@gmail.com

Yeah, I have... But this world is so big oo, How do I even see him again? undecided
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021

Adesina further said the administration is doing its best to ensure peace throughout the country. “There are different theatres of crises in the country and you may look at each theatre with its peculiarities. In the Middle Belt, it has its own peculiarities and what is the peculiarity of that, Farmers-Herders conflict. What has the government done? “It has sent in security agencies starting with the police, later troops, later different operations by the military,” he said.heledamazun
Re: Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria by yusluvad(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sebastine1994:
What is happening in this country, borrow borrow everyday.

No credit today, come tomorrow, that is how we chase borrow borrow in Nigeria.

if the first person to open market for you is a borrower like Nigeria, na bad market be that.

BUT JOKE ASIDE: DEBT IS GOOD.

Nigerians like complaining that there is no money, that's a lie, there is money every where. banks are overfilled that is why they are begging you to take loan.

but If you come up with a good idea, money will chase you, don't chase money

Banks have too much money they don't know what to do with it anymore, in the USA, they keep giving you credit cards everyday
Correct!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget / Investigate Feeding Cost Of My Family From 2011 To 2019 - Rochas To Ihedioha / Gladys, Luka Binniyat's Wife: Why My Husband Was Arrested By Kaduna Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.