Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,524 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Are You Still Growing or You Have Stopped? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Still Growing or You Have Stopped? (172 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / 3 African Tips For Starting Small & Growing Big In Your Business & Career / 4 Undeniable Reasons Why Your Comedy Career Isn't Growing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Still Growing or You Have Stopped? by ShopperspaddyNG: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
GetINSPIRED!
You Have Stayed Here Too Long.
While in high school, one subject that i found most interesting was biology. Maybe because i could see the reality of the subject around me. My biology teacher (old age has made me forget his name LOL!) was among those who made me interested in it. He 'd teach it with so much passion and insight that one would wonder if he invented the subject in the first place and that also made me wanted to study medicine & surgery (but JAMB jamed me so hard that i ended up in another department because most of my high school friends had either graduated from the university or were in their finals). Among the topics of dicussion that fascinated me was the teaching on living and non living things. Among the features of living things; assimilation, excretion, reproduction, irritability and growth, growth has always caught my attention.
All living things are suppose to grow i.e. change levels, but the question i want to pose to you today is Have You stopped growing? We may all agree that we are growing physically but what about in the journey of life? Are you still where you were last year? Are you still at the dreaming stage of your life where you have to dream and tell others about your dreams and ideas instead of moving to the implementation stage?
Every living thing is suppose to be growing, changing levels, moving forward and not be at a particular spot for too long because that's a feature of a non living thing.

Sometime ago, i sat down and began to lecture myself. I said to myself, Johnspeak, don't you think you have stayed at this spot for too long? You should be catching bigger fishes, not stay here and be dragging small fishes with people who are not as creative, intelligent, smart, and hungry for success like you?
Those questions made me to sit up and restrategise. I knew i wasn't getting any younger, i knew i had stayed too long at a particular spot, i knew it was time to grow like the living thing that i am.
Getting tired of one's present state is not a sign of ingratitude to God for where He has brought us to, it simply means that we are living things and growth is one of the features of living things.
Anything you don't despise, you may attract and these may pose as stumbling blocks to your success. I also understand that every one of us 'd surely go through our wilderness period (that period where it seems nothing is working), but every wilderness period isn't suppose to last forever.
Back then as an undergraduate, I had a friend who came to me to complain about a lecturer of hers that was standing as a demon to her graduation because she refused his sexual advances. She begged him but all to no avail. The man later released his course result and gave her an F, which meant an extension. She couldn't imagine not graduating with her fellow students. She got tired of the whole issue, went into the man's office, hit his table and asked him "do you want to die?" The man in his surprised state asked her why? According to her, she told the lecturer "if I don't graduate with my mates this year, I will kill all your children and eat up your wife's womb".
A week later, the man re-posted his course result and gave her a C. Days later, she overhead the man narrating the issue to his colleague and telling his colleague to beware of her that she is a witch.
Being gentle is a virtue, but sometimes, one have to get angry otherwise you go nowhere.
One of my favourite prayer has always been "Father thank you for where you have brought me to, but I still need to move forward.
Succeed You Must!
Written by:
(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Digital Marketing Consultant | Writer | Talent Manager |Entrepreneur.

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

(1) (Reply)

Earn Ur Daily Income From This Platform Here. Note This Is Tested & Trustedted / General Manager / Earn Up To 30k Weekly Or More As An Independent Sales Agent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.