Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF (3705 Views)

Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers On August 31, 2015 At 5:36 / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Conquering Marine Spirits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 11:33am On May 07, 2011
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by EarsWide(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2011
@Frosbel

I am glad that you see that not every person claiming to be a Man of God - is a MOG.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2011
frosbel,
when you attribute the workings of Gods spirit to the devil, it is called blasphemy. why would church copy hinduism why can you think that the devil imitates the holyspirit as his custom is. the holy spirit works in divers ways. did jesus shadow heal the sick?. but peters shadow did. did jesu use handkerchief to heal the sick? no but paul did it. the fact that the egyptians magician turned rods to snake like Moses did not mean Moses was a magician. satan may have counterfeit for every truth, but that should not make us destroy the faiths of others by calling truths counterfeit.Jesus didn't tell the apostles everything. he sent the holy spirit to do the job. laying on of hands has always been a principle in God. the facts that certain religion practice should not make us destroy the original.

1 Like

Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

frosbel,
when you attribute the workings of Gods spirit to the devil, it is called blasphemy. why would church copy hinduism why can you think that the devil imitates the holyspirit as his custom is. the holy spirit works in divers ways. did jesus shadow heal the sick?. but peters shadow did. did jesu use handkerchief to heal the sick? no but paul did it. the fact that the egyptians magician turned rods to snake like Moses did not mean Moses was a magician.  satan may have counterfeit for every truth, but that should not make us destroy the faiths of others by calling truths counterfeit.Jesus didn't tell the apostles everything. he sent the holy spirit to do the job. laying on of hands has always been a principle in God. the facts that certain religion practice  should not make us destroy the original.

First of all I am all for healing, deliverance etc etc. But in the bible healing was never accompanied by violent shaking or other diabolic shows, ONLY demonic  possession exhibited such traits.

The issue I am talking about here, is the jerking, wild shaking, gold dust animal noises etc etc. These are not of GOD period.

Be careful that in the process of looking for signs and wonders you are NOT led into error.

Remember the most important thing is to follow holiness and peace with ALL men without which NO man will see GOD.

Do not be among the deceived, read your bible.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matthew 24:24.

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders." II Thessalonians 2:9.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2011
frosbel:

First of all I am all for healing, deliverance etc etc. But in the bible healing was never accompanied by violent shaking or other diabolic shows, ONLY demonic  possession exhibited such traits.

Do you cast out devils? I cast out devils and I see all manner of manifestations. When the anointing of God hits, the devils will react ,it doesn't matter what noise they make . What of the village churches? Does the pastor have connection with yoga to have manifestations of power.

These manifestations have been there and it's dangerous to attribute the power of God to devils . Jesus had these manifestations likewise the early church

Acts 8:7
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

Mark 1:26
26 And the unclean spirit, throwing the man into convulsions and screeching with a loud voice, came out of him.

Mark 9:20
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

Mark 9:25-26
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

"he was as one dead" means he fell under the anointing.

Remrmber that not all jesus did was documented. We should be careful in criticising what we don't know. As much as there are wrong things in our world , we should not destroy faith of others in the truth. The other side is the danger of falling into blasphemy.

Mark 3:29-30
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by SirJohn(m): 7:35am On May 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

frosbel,
when you attribute the workings of Gods spirit to the devil, it is called blasphemy. why would church copy hinduism why can you think that the devil imitates the holyspirit as his custom is. the holy spirit works in divers ways. did jesus shadow heal the sick?. but peters shadow did. did jesu use handkerchief to heal the sick? no but paul did it. the fact that the egyptians magician turned rods to snake like Moses did not mean Moses was a magician. satan may have counterfeit for every truth, but that should not make us destroy the faiths of others by calling truths counterfeit.Jesus didn't tell the apostles everything. he sent the holy spirit to do the job. laying on of hands has always been a principle in God. the facts that certain religion practice should not make us destroy the original.

@Jo,
what do you call the worlings of Gods Spirit? Is it supposed men of God crawling on all fours like beasts and howling like birds and wolves? Sometimes I wonder the extent you would go to defend your colleagues.
Where is Tod Bentely today? Where is his so called lakeland revival? This tells you what kind of fruit these moves bring forth; Yet you will forbid us to openly condemn these things.
I asked for your comment on the video by derren brown and you declined to comment yet it was an expose on an obvious fraud by a man of god.
honestly I doubt your sincerity as a man of god.
May God help us
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2011
It's wrong tanybody like this. Did defend anybody? I only pointed issues out of scriptures. You don't blaspheme against the holy spirit because some non Christians groups do similar thing. You don't generalise on such matters. God is still God

I've not watched Deren brown video because I thought it's one of the ones you sent to me before , If it's not one of them ,I will watch and comment.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by SirJohn(m): 5:44pm On May 08, 2011
I've not watched Deren brown video because I thought it's one of the ones you sent to me before , If it's not one of them ,I will watch and comment.

[quote][/quote]

No its not one of the ones I sent to you, this is Derrens recent work on some of what is paraded as faith healing.
Very frankly, I request you watch the full video.
Thanks
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by aletheia(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

why would church copy hinduism why can you think that the devil imitates the holyspirit as his custom is.
^
What rubbish is this? Are you now telling us that Yoga is from God? What kind of delusion is this?
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2011
aletheia:

^
What rubbish is this? Are you now telling us that Yoga is from God? What kind of delusion is this?

You are the deluded fella dude. Who says yoga is from God ?
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Andrearose(f): 10:44pm On May 08, 2011
I'm with Frosbel on this one. John Crowder is a disgrace. He tokes the Holy Ghost-what!!! He also sucks on baby Jesus dolls and says he is toking baby Jesus. And Todd Bentley has boasted about smashing someone's tooth out. Come on now- have some common sense.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45pm On May 08, 2011
This is a Man after God's heart talking about these strange manifestations

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrpW6Xctg8Q&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3[/flash]
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Andrearose(f): 10:58pm On May 08, 2011
This man has sadly been killed only last week in a car crash.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by SirJohn(m): 11:10pm On May 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

Do you cast out devils? I cast out devils and I see all manner of manifestations. When the anointing of God hits, the devils will react ,it doesn't matter what noise they make . What of the village churches? Does the pastor have connection with yoga to have manifestations of power.

These manifestations have been there and it's dangerous to attribute the power of God to devils . Jesus had these manifestations likewise the early church

Acts 8:7
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

Mark 1:26
26 And the unclean spirit, throwing the man into convulsions and screeching with a loud voice, came out of him.

Mark 9:20
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

Mark 9:25-26
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

"he was as one dead" means he fell under the anointing.

Remrmber that not all jesus did was documented. We should be careful in criticising what we don't know. As much as there are wrong things in our world , we should not destroy faith of others in the truth. The other side is the danger of falling into blasphemy.

Mark 3:29-30
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Yes Jo, the scriptures above describe various demonic manifestations, this we know and have always known; I have seen quite a number of them too.
What is very puzzling and is indeed what the op is trying to put accross is that these manifestations are now seen amongst christians but this time around, they call it the 'glory of god'
Helloooooo! Barking like dogs, howling like wolves, wriggling and slittering like snakes the glory of god
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2011
I havent checked on these people. And I don't know about barking like a dog thing. But the holyghost sure manifest in different ways. People can sing in the spirit , laugh in the spirit , groan in the spirit. People can get excited in the spirit and make all sorts of noise. That shouldn't be atttributed to the devil.

1 Corinthians 14:15
15 . . I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Romans 8:26
26 . . . the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

John 11:33
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, . . , he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On May 08, 2011
Andrearose:

This man has sadly been killed only last week in a car crash.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpARci70Yc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3[/flash]

The world, not just America has lost a gem. While most of these "prosperity" preachers were busy making money and practising their weird manifestations this true man of God sensed and discerned that a great calamity was coming to NYC and he led his church in serious prayer and supplications on behalf of the city, it was even said that he was one of the first ministers to minister and attend to the casualities of the WTC. He has gone to be with Jesus now, for to be absent from the body is to be present with God.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by SirJohn(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

I havent checked on these people. And I don't know about barking like a dog thing. But the holyghost sure manifest in different ways. People can sing in the spirit , laugh in the spirit , groan in the spirit. People can get excited in the spirit and make all sorts of noise. That shouldn't be atttributed to the devil.

1 Corinthians 14:15
15 . . I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Romans 8:26
26 . . . the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

John 11:33
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, . . , he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,

Are you saying you dont watch these videos? They're are far cry from what you quoted above take your time to watch these videos.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Joagbaje(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2011
SirJohn:

Yes Jo, the scriptures above describe various demonic manifestations, this we know and have always known; I have seen quite a number of them too.
What is very puzzling and is indeed what the op is trying to put accross is that these manifestations are now seen amongst christians but this time around, they call it the 'glory of god'
Helloooooo! Barking like dogs, howling like wolves, wriggling and slittering like snakes the glory of god
SirJohn:

Are you saying you dont watch these videos? They're are far cry from what you quoted above take your time to watch these videos.

I agree with you on one thing, some of these things may be manifestations of demonic presence. But by the holyghost. The people in charge may not be so enlightened to discern when a demon is manifesting and when the HOLYSPIRIT is filling a person. I think that's where the problem is. I have ministered the holyghost to people and while some are speaking in tongues  some other manifested the presence of a demon. I had to cast the devil out of them. But if I couldn't descern I would take the demonic manifestation as the infilling of the spirit.

When holyghost is working in a meeting , demons get uncomfortable and it could result in certain disturbances . But my point is , it is the presence of the holyghost that cause these things.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by SirJohn(m): 1:05am On May 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

But my point is , it is the presence of the holyghost that cause these things.

including notable men of god barking like dogs, howling like wolves and crawling on all fours like beasts?
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by aletheia(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2011
SirJohn:

including notable men of god barking like dogs, howling like wolves and crawling on all fours like beasts?
^
Why bother? Haven't you noticed how he twists and turns on this thread and refuses to commit himself. You can glean that he considers such strange manifestations to be from the Holy Spirit. His very first post was a dead giveaway.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On May 09, 2011
I strongly believe that the picture in this link tells us a lot about those who are associated with this man and his ministry. Let those who can discern the truth sharpen their eyes!

http://connect.in.com/tb-joshua/images-joshua-du-nigria-infosectes-1-820031003074.html
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Andrearose(f): 7:34pm On May 09, 2011
Excuse me, I am not being notified of ony replies in this topic, or any others, and I am subscribed to each!!
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43am On May 10, 2011
Andrearose:

Excuse me, I am not being notified of ony replies in this topic, or any others, and I am subscribed to each!!

If you ticked the "notify me of replies" box before posting then it might have gone into the spam box in your e-mail.  Did you get my post on how to post videoclips?
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Andrearose(f): 10:32am On May 10, 2011
Hi there. No they are not in there either. I was previously receiving notification, but now this has stopped. Guessing it might be the powers that be. i have tried with video, but I do not know if i need a flash update. Thanx again.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2011
holy spirit is da devils way of scarin us ppls.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2011
A Must watch for very many deceived church members
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by HISchild: 12:56am On Sep 10, 2011
"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." - Revelation 16:13-15

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

, "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." -2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandsmiley Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:"
- Matthew 24:14-16

The Kingdom of Heaven is near, "even at the doors"!
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^^

Amen , Amen and Amen.

This is what we need, the word of GOD.

Some heretics and conceited people will continue to argue till their damnation is sealed.

We are in the last of the last of the last days.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by HISchild: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
@frosbel, brother,

"Let GOD be magnified."
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Very Important article.
Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
aletheia:
^

Andrearose: I'm with Frosbel on this one. John Crowder is a disgrace. He tokes the Holy Ghost-what!!! He also sucks on baby Jesus dolls and says he is toking baby Jesus. And Todd Bentley has boasted about smashing someone's tooth out. Come on now- have some common sense.

Joagbaje: frosbel,

Re: False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2013
What do the Nairaland WOF members , think about the weird manifestations in these videos ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Require Tithes? / "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks / The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.