Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues (1966 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

As long as you don't believe that the Bible is from God

What is the point

Jesus even said you believe him but fail to believe what was written about him in the Bible

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.(BC) 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”(BD
Jesus Christ never said the statement there in bold. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:51am On Jun 25, 2021
There is no point been in Christian section if you don't believe in the Bible
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:51am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said the statement there in bold. undecided

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.(BC) 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

Read this again

Moses wrote the first Bible

Bible is laws of God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Jun 25, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.(BC) 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

Read this again
Moses wrote of this in what is called the Book of the Law of Moses, not your Bible. undecided

Your Bible didn't even exists until more than 1400 years after Jesus Christ, and not before it was edited and several books removed or added to make it what you have today. undecided

Your bible is not a composite of the laws of God but instead the writings of men. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Moses wrote of this in what is called the Book of the Law of Moses, not your Bible. undecided

Your Bible didn't even exists until more than 1400 years after Jesus Christ, and not before it was edited and several books removed or added to make it what you have today. undecided

Your bible is not a composite of the laws of God but instead the writings of men. undecided

Bye
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What are you doing in Christian section when you don't believe Bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You want God to appear to u and tell you thus said the lord

Who are you

Lol

Just say you don't believe God that your end plan

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

You want God to appear to u and tell you thus said the lord

Who are you

Lol

Just say you don't believe God that your end plan

He said he believes only Jesus but not other things in the Bible

And his friend jesusjnr2020

Have never corrected him
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:54am On Jun 25, 2021
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

What are you doing in Christian section when you don't believe Bible
If you can find it written anywhere in scripture where God Almighty declared by His name that those who love Him are those who put their trust in a book... I will leave this religion space for you. undecided

If not, I hope you are either willing to accept God or leave this space with the lies you being with you to it? undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you can find it written anywhere in scripture where God Almighty declared by His name that those who love Him are those who put their trust in a book... I will leave this religion space for you. undecided

If not, I hope you are either willing to accept God or leave this space with the lies you being with you to it? undecided

Funny stay and be saying lies the wrath of God will befall you soon

Since you don't believe in the Bible

How exactly can I show you anything in the Bible when you don't even believe it the Bible

Even if God tells you to believe in the Bible you will not still believe it

You are already in the path of failure when you refuse to believe in the Bible
Bible is same as scripture or Torah or holy book

Or books of Moses or books of Paul Bible is a title
I won't show you where it is since you won't acknowledge God written words
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Jun 25, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Funny stay and be saying lies the wrath of God will befall you soon
Since you don't believe in the Bible
How exactly can I show you anything in the Bible when you don't even believe it the Bible
Even if God tells you to believe in the Bible you will not still believe it
You are already in the path of failure when you refuse to believe in the Bible
Bible is same as scripture or Torah or holy book
Or books of Moses or books of Paul Bible is a title
I won't show you where it is since you won't acknowledge God written words
Again ..
Kobojunkie:

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again ..

You quote one verse that you don't believe in what the need you don't believe in the Bible why do you then quote it because you don't even know new testaments over rides old testaments that your problem

God said I will establish a new covenant with Israel that is the Mathew to revelation

Old Testament is for us to see how the new testaments came about
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2021
Powerful
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2021
Any one who don't have tongues is missing a great thing
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
DappaD:
OP, is speaking in tongues synonymous to speaking balderdash? That is, uttering nonsensical words without meaning?

Here’s a couple of things you’re missing:
1. You quoted the second chapter of Acts but you forgot to add the verses 9-11 where the Christians were speaking actual languages they had not yet learned in order for the message they preached to reach people of all nations. See also Acts 1:8
2. Later on, the Christians had the gift of interpretation(1Corinthians 12:10) in order to interprete tongues/languages so that God’s Word do not become treated with scorn amongst unbelievers who don’t value the message(Matthew 7:6) so anybody from outside the congregation who needed to understand the message given in a particular tongue, was helped by one from the congregation who has the gift of interpretation. 1Corinthians 14:22

Let’s come back to you now. After you’re done speaking what you think is tongues, who interprets what you’re saying, or are you telling us that 1Corinthians 14:27 does not apply? If there is no interpreter, of what use is the speaking in tongues? 1Corinthians 14:28

Moreover, the same Paul wrote that at some point, the gift of tongues ceased to have any relevance(1Corinthians 13:8.) i.e. it phased out since the purpose for which it was used had been accomplished(1Corinthians 13:10), that is the congregation was able to grow to maturity. 1Corinthians 13:11
how do JW pray
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by DappaD: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nancy2020:
how do JW pray

Matthew 6:5-13

“Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him. “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your Kingdom come. Let yourwill take place, as in heaven, also on earth. Give us today our bread for this day; and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’”

Take note that we do not recite the ‘Lord’s prayer’ whenever we want to pray as that would be against verse 7.
Jesus gave us a model prayer that we can use to focus our attention on important/key points to include in our prayers.

Then we also apply the following in our prayers,

John 15:16b
“No matter what you ask the Father in [Jesus’] name, he may give it to you.”

Ephesians 5:20
”Always giving thanks to our God and Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
DappaD:

Matthew 6:5-13

“Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him. “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your Kingdom come. Let yourwill take place, as in heaven, also on earth. Give us today our bread for this day; and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’”

Take note that we do not recite the ‘Lord’s prayer’ whenever we want to pray as that would be against verse 7.
Jesus gave us a model prayer that we can use to focus our attention on important/key points to include in our prayers.

Then we also apply the following in our prayers,

John 15:16b
“No matter what you ask the Father in [Jesus’] name, he may give it to you.”

Ephesians 5:20
”Always giving thanks to our God and Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

whenever we want to pray as that would be against verse 7.

Answer Jesus meant you can pray any same prayer once

So you can repeat the lords prayer once each day
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Ask your self five thousand in a room speaking different languages

And yet people out side at the same time could understand them in their own language
One by one

Do you think those five thousand were speaking a language like that or was it a super natural language that then caused those out side to automatically understand it in their own languages one by one

Read that place and understand what God is trying to say
it is a mystery.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Betscoreodds: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Another lie! God never said that ! undecided
Is it true that you don't believe all the Bible.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2021
Betscoreodds:
Is it true that you don't believe all the Bible.
Why do you think that question relevant where God is concerned? undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 4:04am On Aug 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you think that question relevant where God is concerned? undecided
because the Bible is from God so if you don't believe so are you a Christian.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Aug 26, 2021
Nancy2020:
because the Bible is from God so if you don't believe so are you a Christian.
In what book, chapter and verse did Almighty God declare to you that the book you call your Bible, which was compiled just 400 years ago is from Him? undecided

And also what book, chapter and verse did Almighty God proclaik to you that those who do not belehe in the Bible you are not a Christian? undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In what book, chapter and verse did Almighty God declare to you that the book you call your Bible, which was compiled just 400 years ago is from Him? undecided

And also what book, chapter and verse did Almighty God proclaik to you that those who do not belehe in the Bible you are not a Christian? undecided
even if I show you the verse you won't believe it because you said only Jesus that you want to believe are you a Christian.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2021
Nancy2020:
even if I show you the verse you won't believe it because you said only Jesus that you want to believe are you a Christian.
undecided

I am glad you know what I believe. Sadly, I see that you fail to realize that it is as God Himself commands of us. undecided
But he answered, “It is written,“‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” - Matthew 4 vs 4
And
Thus says the Lord:
Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. - Jeremiah 17 vs 5

Anyways, I only believe that which comes out of the Mouth of God....so, you only have to worry about answering the question I asked , not what I believe.. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

I am glad you know what I believe. Sadly, I see that you fail to realize that it is as God Himself commands of us. undecided
And

Anyways, I only believe that which comes out of the Mouth of God....so, you only have to worry about answering the question I asked , not what I believe.. undecided
I see so are you a Christian.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Another lie! God never said that ! undecided
so if God said he was going to be speaking through the mouth of prophet will you still believe those people he chose to speak through their mouth.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nancy2020:
so if God said he was going to be speaking through the mouth of prophet will you still believe those people he chose to speak through their mouth.
You are not under the Old Covenant Law of Moses, nor are you an Israelite. that you should hold to that assumption. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are not under the Old Covenant Law of Moses, nor are you an Israelite. that you should hold to that assumption. undecided
the reason you give has no relation to the question I can see your not a Christian.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nancy2020:
the reason you give has no relation to the question I can see your not a Christian.
Your first problem is think it matters what you believe of me. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
hmmm the answer to your question is matthew13:11 to 23 jesus made it clear in verse 13 that seeing they dont see and hearing they do not hear,nor do they understand cos it is a mystery they cannt understand
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
hmmm the answer to your question is matthew13:11 to 23 jesus made it clear in verse 13 that seeing they dont see and hearing they do not hear,nor do they understand cos it is a mystery they cannt understand

So you believe Kobojunkie
You too don't believe in the words of the other men in the Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Open Blocked Ways To Success/Breakthrough With Our Road Opener Soap / Abuzola Declares Himself A Paedophile / Touch Not Mine Anointed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.