Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues (1964 Views)

Man Prays In Tongues To Chase Away Wild Dogs (Video) / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
hmmm the answer to your question is matthew13:11 to 23 jesus made it clear in verse 13 that seeing they dont see and hearing they do not hear,nor do they understand cos it is a mystery they cannt understand

Jesus Christ urged us indeed to make use of the understanding we have if we intend to have more understanding given to us from God. undecided
10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you use these stories to teach the people?”

11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths.
12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have.
13 This is why I use these stories to teach the people: They see, but they don’t really see. They hear, but they don’t really hear or understand.
14 So they show that what Isaiah said about them is true:
‘You people will listen and listen, but you will not understand. You will look and look, but you will not really see.
15 Yes, the minds of these people are now closed. They have ears, but they don’t listen. They have eyes, but they refuse to see. If their minds were not closed, they might see with their eyes; they might hear with their ears; they might understand with their minds.
Then they might turn back to me and be healed.’

16 But God has blessed you. You understand what you see with your eyes. And you understand what you hear with your ears.
17 I can assure you, many prophets and godly people wanted to see what you now see. But they did not see it. And many prophets and godly people wanted to hear what you now hear. But they did not hear it. - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17
undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

So you believe Kobojunkie
You too don't believe in the words of the other men in the Bible
hey dont misquote me o cos i am trying to correct him anyway have u read the bible verse i mention earlier.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ urged us indeed to make use of the understanding we have if we intend to have more understanding given to us from God. undecided
undecided
No you are misquoting the bible is like you are one of the agent of confusion(anti christ) the bible talk about.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
hey dont misquote me o cos i am trying to correct him anyway have u read the bible verse i mention earlier.

Ok now I understand you welcome

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
No you are misquoting the bible is like you are one of the agent of confusion(anti christ) the bible talk about.
You quoted a verse that had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation and I quoted the passage in full to help you better understand it for yourself. .. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You quoted a verse that had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation and I quoted the passage in full to help you better understand it for yourself. .. undecided
it has a lot to do with it
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
it has a lot to do with it
You would need to explain how what Jesus Christ said in that context has to do with the conversation cause I don't see the immediate connection at all. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

I am glad you know what I believe. Sadly, I see that you fail to realize that it is as God Himself commands of us. undecided
And

Anyways, I only believe that which comes out of the Mouth of God....so, you only have to worry about answering the question I asked , not what I believe.. undecided
ok do GOD speak to you directly or through his prophet.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
ok do GOD speak to you directly or through his prophet.
God spoke to those of the Old Covenant Law of Moses through His prophets, this because the people asked Him to speak to them through His prophets instead - beginning with Moses - Exodus 20 vs 18 -21. undecided
Also see Deuteronomy 5 vs 22 - 33 for more detail.

However, in His New Covenant, God declared that He will speak directly to those who belongs to Him - God is Teacher, Shepherd, Master, Guide, Counselor, Comforter, Father etc., to each in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You would need to explain how what Jesus Christ said in that context has to do with the conversation cause I don't see the immediate connection at all. undecided
the connection there is that you see and hear the truth but you dnt understand.Firstly The truth is the word (Bible) jesus said he is the way,the truth and the light that no one can come to the father except through him.Secondly the first (5) book of the bible was written by moses hope you know that jesus even mention the ten commandment read mark10:19
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2021
FikkyolaE:
the connection there is that you see and hear the truth but you dnt understand.Firstly The truth is the word (Bible) jesus said he is the way,the truth and the light that no one can come to the father except through him.Secondly the first (5) book of the bible was written by moses hope you know that jesus even mention the ten commandment read mark10:19
I am afraid I have debated this line of reasoning enough times with folks like you to realize it boring and futile. If this is what you believe as your truth, I am OK with you keeping it. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by FikkyolaE(m): 3:26am On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I have debated this line of reasoning enough times with folks like you to realize it boring and futile. If this is what you believe as your truth, I am OK with you keeping it. undecided
last last you don surrender

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Sheggy13(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are not under the Old Covenant Law of Moses, nor are you an Israelite. that you should hold to that assumption. undecided
What is your opinion of Apostle Paul and his epistles that make up like half of the new testament? At least he's not from the old covenant/testament.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2021
Sheggy13:

What is your opinion of Apostle Paul and his epistles that make up like half of the new testament? At least he's not from the old covenant/testament.

Kobo says that he or she does not believe in Paul
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sheggy13:

I have no private opinion of Paul who was a follower of Jesus just as every other follower of Jesus Christ, past or present. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have no private opinion of Paul who was a follower of Jesus just as every other follower of Jesus Christ, past or present. undecided

Are you a man or a woman
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

undecided
is Jesus God Almighty to you.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nancy2020:
is Jesus God Almighty to you.
All these questions you ask are meaningless! Jesus Christ that the way to determine those who belong to Him from those who don't is by examining their fruits. Asking these brain dead questions of me, only reveals how far away from Jesus Christ you remain. undecided

If you cannot even bring yourself obeying Him, who are you to judge whether another is in Him or not? undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All these questions you ask are meaningless! Jesus Christ that the way to determine those who belong to Him from those who don't is by examining their fruits. Asking these brain dead questions of me, only reveals how far away from Jesus Christ you remain. undecided

If you cannot even bring yourself obeying Him, who are you to judge whether another is in Him or not? undecided
Jesus himself commanded Paul to carry out the work of spreading the word of God why will you refuse to listen to Paul.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Lordgel: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Great post

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lordgel:
Great post

So You equally have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
Jesus himself commanded Paul to carry out the work of spreading the word of God why will you refuse to listen to Paul.
Jesus Christ said, "...my sheep hear my voice.. ". Paul, as we are told , heard Jesus Christ's voice and did as he was commanded to do. In much the same way, we are to do as Jesus Christ Himself tells each one of us directly, not trusting in the mere accounts of any man. undecided

So, my question to you is this, did Jesus Christ Himself command you to listen to Paul or did you simply chose to make a god of Paul in this? undecided

The Bereans knew better as they validated everything they heard from the apostles against the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said, "...my sheep hear my voice.. ". Paul, as we are told , heard Jesus Christ's voice and did as he was commanded to do. In much the same way, we are to do as Jesus Christ Himself tells each one of us directly, not trusting in the mere accounts of any man. undecided

So, my question to you is this, did Jesus Christ Himself command you to listen to Paul or did you simply chose to make a god of Paul in this? undecided

The Bereans knew better as they validated everything they heard from the apostles against the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Bereans Christians only check what each man of God preach to see if it in the Bible of what Jesus said.
Will you listen to Paul if I show you where Jesus told us to listen to him.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Bereans Christians only check what each man of God preach to see if it in the Bible of what Jesus said.
Interesting statement in Bold...
10 That same night the believers sent Paul and Silas to another city named Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the Jewish synagogue.
11 The people in Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica. They were so glad to hear the message Paul told them. They studied the Scriptures every day to make sure that what they heard was really true.
12 The result was that many of them believed, including many important - Acts 17 vs 10 - 12

As for your question about Paul.... I suggest you engage your ability to comprehend that which is written to you.
Kobojunkie:

P.S. It is estimated that Jesus Christ died over 20 years before Paul came into the Picture. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting statement in Bold...

As for your question about Paul.... I suggest you engage your ability to comprehend that which is written to you.
P.S. It is estimated that Jesus Christ died over 20 years before Paul came into the Picture. undecided
They studied the Scriptures every day to make sure that what they heard was really true

You can see they studied the Bible to see if what pastor this and this say is true rather than refuse to believe them

Read it and see above

Now I ask you simple question if I show you where Jesus said we should listen to Paul and others will you believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
1. They studied the Scriptures every day to make sure that what they heard was really true

You can see they studied the Bible to see if what pastor this and this say is true rather than refuse to believe them

Read it and see above

2. Now I ask you simple question if I show you where Jesus said we should listen to Paul and others will you believe.
1. The Bible did not exist at the time. Instead what they had were Old testament writings of the Prophets, some of them not included in your Bible today. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is not a liar and so He could not have called on His followers to turn to listen to a man besides Himself. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
They studied the Scriptures every day to make sure that what they heard was really true

Read it and see above

Now I ask you simple question if I show you where Jesus said we should listen to Paul and others will you believe.

You are wasting your time because Bible already said some people will see the truth and never understand they will hear and never understand that guy made up his mind not to believe God's Bible
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The Bible did not exist at the time. Instead what they had were Old testament writings of the Prophets, some of them not included in your Bible today. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is not a liar and so He could not have called on His followers to turn to listen to a man besides Himself. undecided
The question I asked you you have refused to answer it

Now let me ask you another question
Go to the new testaments Bible pick any statement or sentence you don't understand or you don't like and write that verse down here let me show you it brother verse in the old testament Bible

Because what the Bereans Christians where checking is if the new letters that Paul and others where giving them was in line with the old testament Bible and with what Jesus said

Each disciples letter was what Christians were using to preach with in churches back then that why you see each of them had prayers in it and instruction
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

The question I asked you you have refused to answer it

Now let me ask you another question
Go to the new testaments Bible pick any statement or sentence you don't understand or you don't like and write that verse down hear let me show you it brother verse in the old testament Bible

Because what the Bereans Christians where checking is if the new letters that Paul and others where giving them was in line with the old testament Bible

Each disciples letter was what Christians were using to preach with in churches back then that why you see each of then had prayers in it and instruction
Now you are simply adding your own twist to to is clearly stated there in the Bible. Paul's letters , and that of the other disciples, were not considered scripture while he was alive. Instewd it wasn't until hundreds of years later before his letters were canonized by the Catholic church which gave you what you call the Bible today. undecided

Stop wasting my time and yours with these round about arguments. If you have something else to add, do so or move on. undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now you are simply adding your own twist to to is clearly stated there in the Bible. Paul's letters , and that of the other disciples, were not considered scripture while he was alive. Instewd it wasn't until hundreds of years later before his letters were canonized by the Catholic church which gave you what you call the Bible today. undecided

Stop wasting my time and yours with these round about arguments. If you have something else to add, do so or move on. undecided
I saw the question is simple will you believe Paul when you see Jesus told Christians to believe Paul.
Since you claim you believe only Jesus so when you see Jesus saying we should believe Paul will you then beleive Paul.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nancy2020:
I saw the question is simple will you believe Paul when you see Jesus told Christians to believe Paul.
Since you claim you believe only Jesus so when you see Jesus saying we should believe Paul will you then beleive Paul.
I believe in Jesus Christ... why do you folks have a problem comprehending that simple statement? undecided

Ofcourse believing in Jesus Christ is not same as believing in Paul as that would amount to going against God Himself- Jeremiah 17 vs 5 undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Speaking In Tongues by Nancy2020(f): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I believe in Jesus Christ... why do you folks have a problem comprehending that simple statement? undecided

Ofcourse believing in Jesus Christ is not same as believing in Paul as that would amount to going against God Himself- Jeremiah 17 vs 5 undecided
I will enslave you to your enemies in a land you do not know, for you have kindled my anger, and it will burn forever." This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

Many things are to be noticed
One God is taking about a common man not a man filled with his holy spirit.
Two Jesus gave Paul instruction to teach new believers about how to follow Christ.
Three Jesus gave Peter mandate to feed my lambs.
Saying you don't believe them makes no sense it shows you don't trust Jesus who gave them commands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-evangelical Preacher Has Done It Again. / Glamour And Spirituality As Pastor Odukoya Takes New Wife / How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.