Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards (3209 Views)

Glo Ng Are Swindling Their Customers Of Their Data!!! / MTN NG Unveils Their Cheapest Data Plan / MTN NG To Introduce 17 Digits Recharge Card PIN (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
They made me their prestige customer sad
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ajilenu:
the problem is the network service. It can be quite slow sometimes.
depending on your Area, here the network is quite fast
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
bebefille13:

Share the code for getting 3GB + N6000 bonus airtime for N1500
I don't use any special code.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Techcrunchng(m): 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:

Bros you know read well wetin I typed, I don do all that. I know these things you guys are saying. I've taken maximum precaution prior.
You can never stop windows 10 from updating automatically; even if you deactivate the automatic updates. Bro it's your windows update ripping off your data! Downgrade to windows 8.1, switch off the automatic update and watch your PC consume less data than mobile phones. If not, your windows 10 OS will wipe off 20gb data within 30 minutes if there's enough data and network.

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Iceyjayz: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mjshexy:
MTN-NG are the biggest thieves of the century, crazy network angry
Are you just knowing that today
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by bebefille13(f): 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
I don't use any special code.
Do you just subscribe for the 3GB plan and it comes with the N6000 airtime bonus?
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by stamapro(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
That's what mtn is thief
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Techcrunchng(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Darkseid:

Funny man, you're using windows 10 and still complaining. Windows 10 will keep downloading updates in the background, sometimes with size more than 5GB and when It's interrupted, it'll most likely start afresh. You need to set your WiFi as a metered connection or manually disable windows update from "services". Until then, your lamentations will continue.

I've been using MTN for many years and my data usage always corresponds to my data balance.
You said it all, just that disabling the service can't even hold back the PC from updating whenever it needs major updates; Microsoft itself made this known.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Ajilenu: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
depending on your Area, here the network is quite fast
very true. I'll try glo sha and see if it's a good fit for my area.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Darkseid(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Techcrunchng:
You said it all, just that disabling the service can't even hold back the PC from updating whenever it needs major updates; Microsoft itself made this known.
It usually stops it but turns on again after restarting on some laptops. Before connecting my laptop to my hotspot I usually make sure everything is in other to prevent zapping.
The OP is even using very old version of Windows, so his problem won't end anytime soon. Finally I've switched to Linux as my daily driver and can't be happier.

2 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Techcrunchng(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Darkseid:
It usually stops it but turns on again after restarting on some laptops. Before connecting my laptop to my hotspot I usually make sure everything is in other to prevent zapping.
The OP is even using very old version of Windows, so his problem won't end anytime soon. Finally I've switched to Linux as my daily driver and can't be happier.
yeah I meant same with you, it will never switch off entirely, it starts again whenever you restart the PC and you have to do it all again. But in other windows OS once it's switched off it will remain off forever, it seems you haven't used the windows 10 long enough while major updates are rolled out? It must accept it automatically even if you recently switched off the auto update.

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by StubbornGENIUS: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
In terms of mobile data,GLO is unrivalled.
They are truly the grandmasters of data

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by mastertek: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
You mean grandslave, the useless network be that will divide your data bundle into two, one for day time, other for midnight usage only

StubbornGENIUS:
In terms of mobile data,GLO is unrivalled.
They are truly the grandmasters of data
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Depressed101: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
You never see anything, grin cheesy na now you wake up?? Go get yourself a glo sim..
If I sub #1500 = 3GB+ and #6000 bonus airtime to call any network.
Then I support it with night plan. #100= 1GB for 5days. cool
compared to mtn's 3500 for 24gig+ 12gig YouTube night? Are you serious right now?
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Johnsown1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
I can relate to this scenario because the rate in which my mb finishes these day is alarming.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by taiwiki(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
tosaino95:
I use airtel network but i didn't face such issue yesterday night i did night sub to download Pes mobile 21 and it downloaded all files complete even with it Commentary Data Tho.
maybe it's your APN ( Access Point Network ) Configuration Settings try to change to Airtel.ng.internet.com it work Better than Other APN.
thanks I've changed it now so let me observe.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by fozapi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
They are crooks with offices worse than yahoo boys
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
1. I really feel for you o.
2. For proper monitoring, use phone to download not system. Thank me later.
3. Some video downloads can buffer before you are able to download them, and this consumes data.
4. Buffering of tubes and Advertorial redirection are some of the inefficiencies in data monitoring.
5. There is no way you can effectively stop some background programs from consuming data on systems. Some programs were deliberately designed so.
6. Check your phone or system for hacks if it all of a sudden becomes a voracious data consumer.
7. Check whether you are sharing your data with another person, knowingly or unknowingly.
8. Sincerely, no data service provider is a saint, just that MTN own na whaa! Imagine Glo data plan where you are given a huge chunk of purchased data for night browsing, though in form of bonus, but you only have two days to consume it. When night start to reach like this, network fit run away fiam!
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by tosaino95(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
taiwiki:
thanks I've changed it now so let me observe.
Okay i hope it works...

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
bebefille13:

Do you just subscribe for the 3GB plan and it comes with the N6000 airtime bonus?
Yes , I think the tariff plan is glo yakata... So just check on how to migrate.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Depressed101:
compared to mtn's 3500 for 24gig+ 12gig YouTube night? Are you serious right now?
. Empty-hen give you 24GB you dey happy. That 24GB is less than 15GB . But wetin I dey find for YouTube?? undecided cheesy mind you I have Mtn and Airtel sims.. Mtn self na my main sim. Nigerians too like suffering Sha. angry angry

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
bebefille13:

It's actually 4.1GB (3.5GB day and 600mb night)
You can migrate to yakata for the bonus airtime. Check the screenshot below

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Depressed101: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
. Empty-hen give you 24GB you dey happy. That 24GB is less than 15GB . But wetin I dey find for YouTube?? undecided cheesy mind you I have Mtn and Airtel sims.. Mtn self na my main sim. Nigerians too like suffering Sha. angry angry
i use all major networks, none of them are good they are all the same, however this particular mtn plan has been lasting quite well for me

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Depressed101:
i use all major networks, none of them are good they are all the same, however this particular mtn plan has been lasting quite well for me
what's the code? Is it a new sim?
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Controller360: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:

MTN-NG, again God punish una. Una go soon jam customer wet go deal with una physically.
Na windows 10 background update dey likely chop your data. If you wan really sabi, open resource monitor and checkout "svchost.exe". You go shock. This thing don do me wella.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Controller360: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Darkseid:
Exactly. You go think say you don off am, but the thing don dey download update by hinself for background
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Reeberry: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Even Glo data doesn't last like before again. These networks are big thieves.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Controller360:

Na windows 10 background update dey likely chop your data. If you wan really sabi, open resource monitor and checkout "svchost.exe". You go shock. This thing don do me wella.

Nothin dey update oo, usually I routinely update my PC every Friday's night using a paid-for Wifi, from the picture I sent does it seemed like say na update dey chop am?

At least even if PC download updated files, I go get prompt to update and restart PC na, bros these people are robbers, they ain't bearing arms yet.

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Techcrunchng:
You can never stop windows 10 from updating automatically; even if you deactivate the automatic updates. Bro it's your windows update ripping off your data! Downgrade to windows 8.1, switch off the automatic update and watch your PC consume less data than mobile phones. If not, your windows 10 OS will wipe off 20gb data within 30 minutes if there's enough data and network.

This data usage wasn't like this before. Same PC for over two years running, I routinely update my PC every Friday.

Even on mobile phone, na still the same I swear. On Canva pro I used over 1.5gb of data to download, edit & upload a video of less than 100mb. I didn't just talk about that one because e no pain reach this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoB7O438Dg4&t=2s

The video up there is less than 100mb, MTN-NG charged over 1.5gb during editing & upload. Na thieves dem be EOD!
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
CallmeKola:

Oh, great, then. Have you checked your data usage? See what exactly is draining your data?

Na wetin shock me pass be that, my hotspot read just over 31mb.

Pls check the pictures below, and notice the reset date, had to reset on 22nd when my 24gb data finished within 7days.

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Controller360: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:

Nothin dey update oo, usually I routinely update my PC every Friday's night using a paid-for Wifi, from the picture I sent does it seemed like say na update dey chop am?

At least even if PC download updated files, I go get prompt to update and restart PC na, bros these people are robbers, they ain't bearing arms yet.
Go to the network tab. That's where I do check

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Come In!!! Samsung A32 And A22, Please Pick / Chelsea Theme Site / [PICTURES] Smart Tablet Of 38K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.