Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy (22843 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees / Igbo Businessmen Ask Northern Traders To Give Estimate Of Losses From IPOB Attac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2021
What's this one looking for in owerri?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2021
No body Wana invest in SE (owerri) ?
Odiegwu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2021
EmekaA125:

All those people you mentioned don't have anything meaningful contributing to SouthEast region. Will SE economy grow with Agbo, Herbal drug or aboki suya and shoemaker. Ijaws are mostly militants so they won't find SE attractive for their kinda job. Igboland is meant for serious minded people with die hard enterprising spirit.

Hahahaha.
True but too bitter to swallow

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Igeri: 10:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Almaigaa:

But the home is no longer safe at all grin grin grin

Home is not safe at all, it is Yobe that is safe. I hear you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:11am On Jun 26, 2021
THAT'S THE WAY FORWARD.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by budusky05(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2021
how can they invest at home when they find it difficult to patronize themselves or better still his brother will copy and paste his business at a low quality and cheaper price
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by AfonjaConehead: 10:44am On Jun 26, 2021
GuyfawkesAB:
Sad part of this appeal is that the businessmen will evade tax or some thugs will be collecting theoney and it won't get to the state's coffers like they are doing ok Onitsha and Aba now

Shameless deeply concerned self appointed current afonja minister of Igbo affairs.... E lo wa ise se o....grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Cosbyrich: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2021
Antivirus92:
so ur people do selective developement?. You developed lagos with every of your "acumen" that there is no more "acumen" left to develop osun,ekiti,ondo,oyo,ogun eeh?

Dont be a mumu.
Only Ibadan is more developed than the entire Igboland infrastructurally.
Ibadan has more than 10 GRAs,the highest in Nigeria and lots of infrastructures.
Most of you villagers are fixated on the old part of Ibadan which was built when you were all living in thatched roofed huts.
Lagos has the highest number of slums but it is still the most developed state in Nigeria.
USA with slums is more developed than UK that does not have slums.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Jonathan39: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2021
I don't have time for kids
IranianSea:

Hahahaha... grin grin grin Yeah your boss container. Pray the country remain one still till when your boss free you and get you your share or else all years spent serving him is a waste. O boy! Don't join other Igbos agitation for secession o cuz... Jonathan! e go affect you o grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Jonathan39: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2021
Descendant of Afonja, why deny your ancestors even in a faceless forum? Afonja must be in severe pains now grin grin

Oluomo is recruiting sha, incase you don't know grin grin
Smartini:

Have you finally saved up enough money to leave away gully erosiok infested region and come to Lagos to hustle? grin grin grin grin

Make thunder no faya your destiny the day you ever set foot inside Lagos because you wan learn skill wey you no fit learn for awa backward East. kiss kiss

I don't regret being born in Lagos. kiss As an Igbo boy, I've seen the good, bad and ugly sides of Igbo people, and me and my family are better off far away from the East grin

Make you and your brothers no waylay Igbo people bringing millions from Lagos and the North every December to come and spend Christmas grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Antivirus92(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cosbyrich:

Dont be a mumu.
Ibadan has more than 10 GRAs,the highest in Nigeria and lots of infrastructures.
Most of you villagers are fixated on the old part of Ibadan which was built when you were all living in thatched roofed huts.
Lagos has the highest number of slums but it is still the most developed state in Nigeria.
yes, all your states are more developed than california and milan,,,,
paper infrastructure and development are what we have throughout southwest,,,
you're talking about the ibadan we have not been to,isn't it?
just thank foreigners for lagos,,,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Antivirus92(m): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
pacespot:

Look at this one, so all the states in the USA are equally developed. I know you know the truth but just want to fool around but does any other state in the south west have the potentials of Lagos to develop?
There is no truth here and nobody is fooling around except maybe you.
Go and develop your slums that are scattered throughout yorubaland,,
stop boasting with lagos that was developed by the federal government and foreigners,,,

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Kfed4ril(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:
The south east is not conducive for business, a friend of mine from Ebonyi state wanted to open a fuelling station there, he later abandoned the idea and opened it along lag/ib expressway, when I asked him why the sudden change in venue, he told me that the tax, levies and other hidden charges imposed by the state on him would wreck him in less than a year if he continues with the project in that location.

South eastern governors should stop being greedy and make their states economic friendly so that investors can come in. It's a shame that wealthy Igbo business feel more comfortable investing in the west and north than their respective states.

This I have seen.

C’mon Shut it
That your friend I get name?

And to You Ibadan is more economical viable than the east?
Lemme tell you something most foreigners opening business in the south west are people targeting Lagos but because of non available land the look to nearby states. So stop hyping yourself
And who told you ebonyi tasks more than Lagos or Ibadan?
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Kfed4ril(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
YorubarLord:
grin They'll rather brag about developing other people's land

And you rather discuss other people who don’t give a Bleep about you than fixing yourself

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
budusky05:
how can they invest at home when they find it difficult to patronize themselves or better still his brother will copy and paste his business at a low quality and cheaper price

Let's go to villages grin
Maybe a spirit invested this in Mbaise, Imo state
Mind you, the patronage it gets can easily beat similar investment in so called Nigeria cities.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Ibadanpikin: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
budusky05:
Is it u and your wretched poverty stricken family members that are patronizing Onitsha,Nnewi and Ariaria markets.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Is it u and your wretched poverty stricken family members that are patronizing Onitsha,Nnewi and Ariaria markets.

Hahahaha. They are shocked
More investment by spirits in Imo state

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
What attracted this dude to owerri ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Ibadanpikin: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cosbyrich:

Dont be a mumu.
10 GRAs,but with the highest brown roofs,mud houses and slum in Africa.If u view ibadan from cocoa house Dugbe(that tall buildin in ibadan),oga u will weep for ur ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
What attracted this ones to owerri?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why did this dude set this edifice in owerri?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
Who is responsible for this in owerri?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
10 GRAs,but with the highest brown roofs,mud houses and slum in Africa.If u view ibadan from cocoa house Dugbe(that tall buildin in ibadan),oga u will weep for ur ibadan.

Hahahaha. No be small weeping
More investments by unknown spirits underway
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Broveens42(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Even a former governor invested his loot grin
in the state. If a corrupt person can do that, why say nobody Wana invest ..
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Almaigaa: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Igeri:

Home is not safe at all, it is Yobe that is safe. I hear you.

Yobe and Borno are safer than the EAST

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Ibadanpikin: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
Broveens42:

Hahahaha. No be small weeping
More investments by unknown spirits underway
Too much consumption of poisonous gbegiri and ewedu soup have destroy their brain cell,this is the reason why the think like dead vultures.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by EmekaA125(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cosbyrich:

Dont be a mumu.
Hahahaha. Continue deceiving urself. Is it Ibadan I spent time touring around when I went there. Greater part of Ibadan is covered with brown rusted zinc old structure. The GRAs and Estates you mentioned constitute about 2% of the total land mass of the city. Ibadan has about 5 LGAs but these areas are nothing to write home about infrastructure wise. If I become the governor of Oyo for 2months, I would make sure that every brown roof house owner changes the roof with modern aluminum coated roofing sheet. That's what give good scenery and colourful sight to most cities in SouthEast(Enugu, Awka, Onitsha, Umuahia, Aba, Owerri, Abakaliki and Nnewi). I really want Yorubas to change the aesthetic view of Oshogbo, Ibarakpa, Akure, Ogbomoso, Abeokuta and Ibadan to something beautiful. There's no pride showcasing or boasting with old rusted building in a 21st century world. It shows underdevelopment, stagnancy and unmodernised housing system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by EmekaA125(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by thinksense: 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Dot nation can never survive on its own thats the reality they face and accept.

they can insult me or abusive me but they cant denied the true.

if they want to seperate fine but i will remain with nigeria.
cox i cant stay to be like bolivia
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by thinksense: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Dot nation can never survive on its own thats the reality they should face and accept.

they can insult me or abusive me but they cant denied the true.

if they want to seperate fine but i will remain with nigeria.
cox i cant stay to be like bolivia
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by thinksense: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
pls wait o! why is it that no single nigeria billionair businessman hausa or yoruba or niger delta has ever invested in the entire south east region. dangote adenuga bua otedola etc. even jim ovie cant do it. authur eze them. chinekem o
dot nation
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by budusky05(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ibadanpikin:

from ur comment its obvious u are suffering wretchedness and poverty, in fact it runs in ur generation

ewu anum pam

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2023: Ortom Led PDP Zoning Committee Throws Presidential Ticket Open / Fubara, Responsible For Rivers Political Crisis - Wike / Osinbajo At The Senior Course 37 Grad Ceremony Armed Forces College (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.