Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

$430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB (24539 Views)

The Enugu - Cameroon Highway Project Completed Under The Buhari Administration / Ikpeazu Secures $430 Million Deal For Enyimba Economic City / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by ZZ22: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2021
babaolofin:

You are 100% correct. You have come down in your previous post to many people level of understanding. I know AFDB is just like World Bank but with little difference. Not everybody understands, you have to come down to their level.

Again, International Projects financing is quite different from local project financing. Nigeria taking loan from AFDB or any International Finance Body to undertake a project is different from projects approved by ECOWAS or Africa Union member States during their meetings. In both cases the loans would be paid back but the conditions may be different and there may be counterparts funding in some cases.

Maradi project is different from Nigeria - Cameroon Highway project. The ownership of both projects is not the same even for Nigeria part of the Project. Even if Nigeria takes loan from China to construct Maradi Road and AU / ECOWAS takes loan from China to construct Nigeria - Cameroon Highway, they are never the same. I rest my case.
he understands what your telling him about. He just has this zeal to always support evil and defend nonsense. He's on APC payroll and to him APC can do no evil

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by ZZ22: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Afonja is the problem of this country. Just see the way two Yoruba Muslim in the person of mynd44 and seunmsg have put their neck on the line to defend evil, to defend Buharis nepotism.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Generalnomercy: 11:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
This project should be cancel I have my reasons.

Perhaps your reason is that you're enemy of Igbo progress and that has made you mad.

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Realhommie(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kosoco:
Even mod like you dey spew this trash..... No wonder Naira land is like this..... Bigotry comments
That was sarcasm.. It is what many anti-buhari fans would say so he was merely helping out.

You get?

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
This project is not an Adesina initiative, neither is it a Buhari initiative.

Shame that people talk a lot on stuff they know nothing about

After Nigeria ceded Bakassi to Cameroun . The World Bank and AfDB came up with this project as a way of fostering peace and integration.

This same project was declared "completed"

https://www.nairaland.com/1237541/highway-almost-completed-video

many years ago , before either Buhari or Adesina came into office and there are threads discussing it on Nairaland even with videos
https://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/multimedia/video/socio-economic-impact-of-enugu-bamenda-highway-nigeria-cameroon-712
It is not a Buhari or Adesina "DIVIDEND"

PS

The River Niger Bridge was opened in December 1965/ January 1966. Shortly after Nigeria went into Crisis and then Civil war. When exactly is it that the whole world were trooping to Onitsha Market in the Eastern Region. How did they get there and what were they going there to buy.How did those goods get to Onitsha and how were they removed when there was no Niger Bridge. Onitsha is not and never was a manufacturing hub. Let us stop all these fictional stories about Onitsha
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by domchike(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
This is not Buhari project
Brokeronline:
Buhari administration with useless projects
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

And you actually think AFDB is doing the road for free? You think it’s a gift to Nigeria?

You guys really need to learn how these international finance agencies work. The bank is financing the project but it’s a loan that will be paid back by the countries involved.
Do you know this to be a fact or is an assumption?
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
babaolofin:

You are 100% correct. You have come down in your previous post to many people level of understanding. I know AFDB is just like World Bank but with little difference. Not everybody understands, you have to come down to their level.

Again, International Projects financing is quite different from local project financing. Nigeria taking loan from AFDB or any International Finance Body to undertake a project is different from projects approved by ECOWAS or Africa Union member States during their meetings. In both cases the loans would be paid back but the conditions may be different and there may be counterparts funding in some cases.

Maradi project is different from Nigeria - Cameroon Highway project. The ownership of both projects is not the same even for Nigeria part of the Project. Even if Nigeria takes loan from China to construct Maradi Road and AU / ECOWAS takes loan from China to construct Nigeria - Cameroon Highway, they are never the same. I rest my case.

You are making general assumptions

DO a little research into the specifics of this particular project, its history and funding
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Jonegonu: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
ggood:
Shebi Enugu now Share boundary with Cameroon
they dont have boundary the road will start from enugu pass through ebonyi then to calabar.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Hendtime: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Africa and mediocrity
I saw the picture on Twitter
International highway indeed
Yet single Lane! (Not even odinary double lane)

Yet they are quoting millons of dollars for odinary single Lane!

You people just like to denigrate your country at every opportunity. This can only be a result of inferiority complex. Why are you always a self hating set of people? Have you seen the Pan-American highway? How many lanes is it? Don't be stupid because you have hatred for a particular president of the country, Buhari will leave either he like it or not Nas Nigeria will continue to exist

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Yeah, they construct roads for free all over Africa because they are father Xmas.
Do some research and stop sounding off ignorantly. You are lucky to live in an internet era
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Kirigidi(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jaapu:

Stop being intentionally stupid.
You are that is stupid if you don't know.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Okoroawusa: 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Nairaland needs to find a way to get intellectual comments on front page as it is showing that most comments there are from people who know nothing.

First, AfDB is bank of Africa, so Nigeria is not responsible for financing it. It is a goodnews. I do not agree with Buhari, but on the issue of fixing Adesina as the president of the Bank.....this is the dividend. And Cameroun is benefiting from it too. Of course, instead of Ibos to be happy that it connects Enugu, read comments above. If AfDB had chosen Calabar to Bakassi to Cameroon what would they have done? Even if its a single lane, and so what? So, you expect AfDB to go build 10 lanes there? Not a major road oooo. But a new road just to connecting the two nations. If ecommerce is boosted as predicted, then, the road can be expanded. What if the prediction is not achieved? Na wa oooo. It is good to be educated. And going to school does not guarantee sound education with the comments on the front page these days.

The one I am angry about is the railway from Kano to Niger. That one is with Nigerian money. And Buhari is doing it cos of selfish interest. They want to network with Niger just in case Nigeria breaks, and they are borrowing money which Nigerians are responsible for. And guess what? Highway for bandits and terrorists created... That project, I am partially against it. I can only pray that the next president cancels the project no matter how far this administration has gone with the project. It must not be a burden on us. Niger needs to contribute too. And if Niger doesnt, the project should be killed. Except there is something good about the project I am presently not seeing I can have a positive attitude towards it. Maybe someone can educate me here.

But this one here is a goodnews. And again Buhari pushed Ngozi Iweala as Director General of WTO. I think maybe Buhari has good luck with having good brains around him. Even in 1983 to 85, Tunde Idiagbom was the brain behind almost everything. For Buhari to have pushed Adeshina ad AfDB number one, and Iweala as WTO number 1 is huge. This is the dividend. Even Iweala is moving trades toward Nigeria seriously.

Maybe Buhari is not lucky with brains around him....Perhaps, he is gifted in appointing them. Cos Jonathan failed to land the same Ngozi Okokjo-Iweala Ngozi rhe World Bank President in 2014. I forgeotz there is Amina Muhammed, the deputy secretary general of UN too - also appointed during Buhari's time. Can I say Jonathan is not lucky with the people he appointed? Or he is just not good with appointing good brains? Hmmmmm

Now, we need to also fix power. If Nigeria can fix power, that is it. We will get huge share of businesses (production) US moves to China. And we put security in place. I swear, Americans will set up manufacturing industries here. Labor is cheap here, so there is no need to invest in robotic technology for now. This is what rich nation wants.

Guys, as tough as it is, Nigeria has a huge opportunity here. I just pray we are able to make use of it.

Corruption is our own enemy.
Bros, I hope no problem?
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
aribisala0:
Do some research and stop sounding off ignorantly. You are lucky to live in an internet era

What exactly is your point, Mr. Researcher?
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

What exactly is your point, Mr. Researcher?

Simple point

Inform yourself properly before expressing strong opinions

You do not have to comment on stuff you know nothing about

There is a story to this project and how it is funded.

Clearly you are ignorant of this
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
aribisala0:

Simple point

Inform yourself properly before expressing strong opinions

You do not have to comment on stuff you know nothing about

There is a story to this project and how it is funded.

Clearly you are ignorant of this

You people don’t like to respect yourself until you’re disgraced. I’m telling you authoritatively that the bulk of the funding for the project coming from AFDB is a loan and not a grant. The loan will be paid back by the governments of Nigeria and Cameroon. Go to the website of AFDB and see for yourself.

See, anytime you see “World bank assisted project”, “World bank funded project”, “AFDB funded project “ etc, just know that it is a loan that will be repaid by the government. If it was a grant, it would be stated clearly from the start.

By the way, the project Enugu-Cameroon project was not conceived after the Bakassi judgement. It was conceived with other international highway projects since the late eighties. What delayed the takeoff was funding. The MoU for the actual construction was eventually signed in 2007 when AFDB and other partners agreed to fund the project in order to cement the relationship between Nigeria and Cameroon that was badly affected by the Bakassi judgement.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Barely six years after Nigeria and Cameroon signed a Memorandum of Understanding that was to put their socio-political differences behind them, the Enugu-Bamenda Road Project linking the two countries is already showing signs of a positive impact in the region. In fact, the African Development Bank-financed project is a genuine success story, paving the way for regional integration and greater social cohesion.

The project has a considerable socio-economic dimension, and is environmentally sustainable. Its total cost at appraisal is USD 423 million, of which the Bank provided a USD 288 million loan and a grant of USD 25 million. The balance was financed by the World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Government of Nigeria, Government of Cameroon and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

https://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/selected-projects/enugu-bamenda-road-tool-of-regional-integration-and-afdb-success-story-119

Hopefully, you guys will stop disturbing my mention with nonsense after this post. Above is directly from AFDB website.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

You people don’t like to respect yourself until you’re disgrace. I’m telling you authoritatively that the bulk of the funding for the project coming from AFDB is a loan and not a grant. The loan will be paid back by the governments of Nigeria and Cameroon.

See, anytime you see “World bank assisted project”, “World bank funded project”, “AFDB funded project “ etc, just know that it is a loan that will be repaid by the government. If it was a grant, it would be stated clearly from the start.

By the way, the project Enugu-Cameroon project was not conceived after the Bakassi judgement. It was conceived with other international highway projects since the late eighties. What delayed the takeoff was funding. The MoU for the actual construction was eventually signed in 2007 when AFDB and other partners agreed to fund the project in order to cement the relationship between Nigeria and Cameroon that was badly affected by the Bakassi judgement.

Authoritatively?

Good!!
in one sentence tell us HOW MUCH Nigeria borrowed from the AfDB and the tenure of the "loan", ditto for Cameroon. No long talk just answer the question directly
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
aribisala0:

Authoritatively?

Good!!
in one sentence tell us HOW MUCH Nigeria borrowed from the AfDB and the tenure of the "loan", ditto for Cameroon. No long talk just answer the question directly

https://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/selected-projects/enugu-bamenda-road-tool-of-regional-integration-and-afdb-success-story-119

Read up and stop disturbing me.

When you lay your hands on the MoU, you will see the details there.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Okoroawusa: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
I Love Mynd44
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

You people don’t like to respect yourself until you’re disgraced. I’m telling you authoritatively that the bulk of the funding for the project coming from AFDB is a loan and not a grant. The loan will be paid back by the governments of Nigeria and Cameroon. Go to the website of AFDB and see for yourself.

What is the relevance of when it was "conceived"?

That is just diversionary talk to distract from your ignorant remarks.

What is relevant is when funding is found and the will to take action was found

There are millions of "conceived" ideas that never materialise: Jakande conceived a Lagos Metro project and did not live to see it
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Lol

Simple message learn to cultivate intellectual humility and stop thinking you know everything

If you are sure of yourself answer the question
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

How much is Nigeria borrowing from the AfDB for this?
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Saintfrancis82(m): 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
our road no the good, but FG are seriously busy constructing road leading to another country. What is there plan
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by kings11ng(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
ggood:
Shebi Enugu now Share boundary with Cameroon

Enugu to Ebonyi then cross River to Cameroon.... But you wouldn't know this cos you skipped geography class. Before you yap, do the knowledge first
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by kings11ng(m): 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
This road must be for Buhari's Nieces and Nephews in Cameroon.

What is the name of the bank again? I want to check something
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
aribisala0:
How much is Nigeria borrowing from the AfDB for this?

The right question to ask is if the funding for the project is a grant or a loan and the link from AFDB has answered the question. I have provided a credible link to support my position. If you still think the project is being fully funded by a grant from AFDB and not a loan, provide a credible link to support your position. This thing shouldn’t be so difficult for you, Mr. Researcher.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by kings11ng(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
Mynd44 is only been sarcastic because, many people criticise buhari when he was building rail way to Niger Republic and now such people are aren't saying anything because it's on there corridor..

Read it again and understand cheesy

Cos Buhari is the one funding the project?
Comprehension is becoming a super power on this side of the divide
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by aribisala0(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

The right question to ask is if the funding for the project is a grant or a loan and the link from AFDB has answered the question. I have provided a credible link to support my position. If you still think the project is being fully funded by a grant from AFDB and not a loan, provide a credible link to support your position. This thing shouldn’t be so difficult for you, Mr. Researcher.

LOAN to whom?

Who is actually borrowing and how much

You claimed Nigeria is borrowing. So tell us how much Nigeria is borrowing
What I think is irrelevant

It is better to keep quiet when you don't know than to assert rubbish with conviction
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
aribisala0:

LOAN to whom?

Who is actually borrowing and how much

You claimed Nigeria is borrowing. So tell us how much Nigeria is borrowing
What I think is irrelevant

It is better to keep quiet when you don't know than to assert rubbish with conviction

The project has a considerable socio-economic dimension, and is environmentally sustainable. Its total cost at appraisal is USD 423 million, of which the Bank provided a USD 288 million loan and a grant of USD 25 million. The balance was financed by the World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Government of Nigeria, Government of Cameroon and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

Above is from AFDB. The loan (check the part in bold) will be paid by the Federal government of Nigeria and the government of Cameroon. Details on how much each country will pay is in the MoU. Now, take your L in peace and get your ignorant fvck out of my mention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-rufai Wins Kaduna Governorship Election; Scores 1.1 Million Votes / Lagos Bans Cart Pushers And Wheelbarrow Operators In The State / Collins Chiji, Imo Speaker, 7 Lawmakers Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.