Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow (15273 Views)

Lawan: Nigeria’s Security Deteriorating — But Military Has Done A Good Job / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria Loses $29 Billion To Power Failure Yearly / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria's Security Architecture Has Failed, Needs Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by PrincessGlow: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

I mean Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of all that exists!

I thought it means God in Arabic. But u r in Nigeria - we speak English
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by 1000angstroms(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Chai! I don't blame you!

Your parents that raised an ill-bred and uncouth youth!
I knew your next move will be to involve my parents but still I don't care.

It is typical of those of you with the mark of the beast. Now who are they?

By their mark of the beast, you'll know them. Always quick to anger and welcoming to violence. They are slaves to one angry blood thirsty nymphomaniac prophet that cuddled their brain with one terrorism handbook attributed to one dirty sky god. Peace have never been near them.
These people with mark of the beast on their temple are horrible, if their terrorist tendencies ain't enough, they now want to cower the entire populeuse with intimidation.

You people and violence eeeh! Especially when your bedwetter prophet mohammed and nymphomaniac paedophilia allah is involved.

We all know the chief rapist that even printed a handbook for violence and terrorism. We all know that the idiot mohammed prophet died from poison that he ate while eating to rape the jewish under age girl. Your mohammed died like a rabid dog and was buried where hungry pigs exhumed his decaying corpse and ate almost half of his body, it was written that the sound his testicles made when the pigs were chewing the gonorrhea and syphilis laden balls was kuru kata, kururu katamkantaka...
He died like an 1mbecile and a dog with spit gushing out of his mouth as a bastard son of a LovePeddler from medina.

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Gambit23: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:
It's okay to borrow, even the first world countries hav some international debt to pay...

But if you gonna borrow , do that and move that money into the economy

Don't share the money among yourself...

When oduduwa and Biafra finally become a country

The rest of Nigeria citizens will suffer for decades... because not a single country you borrow from will grant you a debt relief angry undecided

We dont av any need to borrow
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by sterlingD(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2021
Point of correction Nigeria is a rich nation that has mismanaged its common wealth and is still currently mismanaging its common wealth.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by BigDawsNet: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Gambit23:

We dont av any need to borrow

We have to because the government borrows so that it can enable higher spending without having to increase taxes...

But initially the have different motives

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by gbengaadeleye12: 10:19am On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by emanobis(m): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2021
If Nigeria is really poor, you shouldn't even be proud enough to be driving a Toyota Land cruiser of over N48mil.
Selfish And Devilish leaders
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by REALretep(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Just imagine
What kind of stupid talk is this
Nigeria is poor but Nigerian leaders are living large and swimming in affluence
What kind of daft leaders do we have bikonu

These people are really determined to drown this country
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by AntiChristian: 10:27am On Jun 25, 2021
1000angstroms:

I knew your next move will be to involve my parents but still I don't care.

It is typical of those of you with the mark of the beast. Now who are they?

By their mark of the beast, you'll know them. Always quick to anger and welcoming to violence. They are slaves to one angry blood thirsty nymphomaniac prophet that cuddled their brain with one terrorism handbook attributed to one dirty sky god. Peace have never been near them.
These people with mark of the beast on their temple are horrible, if their terrorist tendencies ain't enough, they now want to cower the entire populeuse with intimidation.

You people and violence eeeh! Especially when your bedwetter prophet mohammed and nymphomaniac paedophilia allah is involved.

We all know the chief rapist that even printed a handbook for violence and terrorism. We all know that the idiot mohammed prophet died from poison that he ate while eating to rape the jewish under age girl. Your mohammed died like a rabid dog and was buried where hungry pigs exhumed his decaying corpse and ate almost half of his body, it was written that the sound his testicles made when the pigs were chewing the gonorrhea and syphilis laden balls was kuru kata, kururu katamkantaka...
He died like an 1mbecile and a dog with spit gushing out of his mouth as a bastard son of a LovePeddler from medina.

Your own mark of the beast is the black spot caused by Sujud as against the mark of the beast that will be given by the antichrist in your Bible?
Well! You are a Christian sha!
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by MrUchenna1(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2021
Borrowing money to pay back more borrowed money that will oblige you in the future to borrow even more money doesn't sound wise. Because it isn't
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2021
PrincessGlow:

I thought it means God in Arabic. But u r in Nigeria - we speak English

Yeah! But the definition of God is subjective. That's why we prefer Allah.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by 1000angstroms(m): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Your own mark of the beast is the black spot caused by Sujud as against the mark of the beast that will be given by the antichrist in your Bible?
Well! You are a Christian sha!
Oga I can see you are a good muslim, and I love good muslims. Good muslims will live out the goods of Islam. No religion is void of evil including christianity and Islam. It now comes down to the individual in question.

All these na cruise, no too take this life serious.
Am more of a spiritualist than religious, I have my one to one encounter with my God who I am 100% submitted to and my God loves me 100% ly for that.

Which will bring me to this good conclusions,

I feel joyful from within whenever I remember that everybody will taste death.
Rich, poor, white, black, privileged, less privileged, beautiful or ugly no matter who you are death is the end of every man.
Death is victory over strive, strife, stress, envy, hustle, bustle, sorrow and agony.
When we die we rest.
We should only pray not to die painfully.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by olmoRoc: 10:46am On Jun 25, 2021
Isn't that the best reason to scrap the NASS, and only have part-time lawmakers or have full-time lawmakers who are ready to represent the people for a pittance?
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by emapeteum(m): 10:53am On Jun 25, 2021
Having bunch of illiterates as lawmakers.could you believe such idea coming from number 3 citizen?what a pity
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by ddeola: 11:00am On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeria is not poor we have EXPIRED BRAINS up there. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by udemzyudex(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2021
Oga Nigeria is not poor. Stop that rubbish talk.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2021
Harsh truth.

Now let us be honest, there is a lot that Buhari could have done to improve our economy

1) Remove subsidy on power and petrol, which would actually attract investment, and money in both sectors, and even jobs.
2) End illegal mining, and thoroughly regularize mining in this country, and make sure every mining concern is paying their bit to the treasury
3.) Actually fight corruption...ACTUALLY FIGHT CORRUPTION
4) Incentivize mechanical farming....so that we can get back to the top of the cash crop totem pole like we were once upon a time.

But the truth is, we are a POOR country...and even if Incompetence APC did all the above, it would still take time before we see the benefits.

Meanwhile, oil is very low...and over the last 7 years has dipped below $40 twice, if not more. We need oil at $133 right now before we can earn a budget that can sustain us. ( And it is even better...in 2017 it was $139, IN 2012, it was $122...which is why GEJ took loans, for those of you PMB fanboys who love to complain about PDP loans).

t the end of the day, it is either loans....or the government TAXES everyone at rates of at least 40% . And I mean EVERYONE...not just the 30% of taxable population that pays taxes right now. EVERYONE...including the 60% of people who work in the informal sector.

P.S This is not a defence of APC. This is a statement of the problem we face right now, and we have faced in the past (from 1982-2006)

P.S 2: Also, this shows that the Senate president is admitting that the government has failed in devising alternatives to borrowing. The problem though is that all the alternatives involve belt tightening...not very popular with voters.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by PrincessGlow: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Yeah! But the definition of God is subjective. That's why we prefer Allah.

But the definition of God is Allah, and Allah is God. Maybe u r just brainwashed. You think?
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by bayelsaowei(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2021
Uselessness at its peak.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by SocialJustice: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Borrow so you phat fvcks can live like emperors and squander the money.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by AntiChristian: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2021
PrincessGlow:

But the definition of God is Allah, and Allah is God. Maybe u r just brainwashed. You think?

Define Brainwashed?

A Christian can choose to believe Jesus is God, Yahweh is God, Holy Spirit is God. Yet they are one God. Death can kill Jesus.

The Muslim God is Allah who is one, not divisible in to three persons like the above. One is One. Allah created death and all things and all things is subservient to Him only.

Others too have their own definition of God and you may have yours.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Fronesis: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2021
No, the option is not to borrow. The option is to reduce expenditure, increase savings and investments. Monitor and control expenditure and eradicate wastages. Dull leaders are always reacting to manage the economy by borrowing. But wise leaders who doesnt want to eat today and sell the future of their children will borrow and still embezzle what they borrowed and make the future suffer.

Moreover, why are we poor today? Because foolish past leaders refused to save the future. If they had invested in building more refineries and diversify the economy by investing aggressively in Agriculture, manufacturing and initiate a zero importation dependent economy, we wont be suffering today. Sadly, foolish leaders of today are still going around implementing thesame foolish strategy of the past leaders; building road rails that has no direct impact on the vast citizenry, implementing white elephant projects. May God help us.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by tonyashburton: 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
He went to ask Buhari how long he would be away in the UK for his medical tourism so that they won't have to invoke the 'doctrine of necessity' again like David Mark did for Jonathan in Yar'Adua's absence.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Gambit23: 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

We have to because the government borrows so that it can enable higher spending without having to increase taxes...

We dont.

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Goodman247: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
Useless country
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by litaninja(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
The option to reduce your frivolous allowances?
No?
Okay.
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Exactly

If the government stopped borrowing....the only option left is to raise taxes. Not a popular move at all
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Nigeria Poor, Option Is To Borrow by abbey621(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
I hope you all can see now that Buhari is not the only problem in Nigeria, the cancer that calls itself the legislative arm of the government is as useless as the p in psychology. The governors, the reps, judiciary; in short the country is not poor just remove the r and we can all agree the country is full of poo and of course what else did we expect to come out of a sh*thole?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Juju: Fear Grips Kidnappers, Robbers In Edo- Storm Palace For Forgiveness / Bomb Blast In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State / Amaechi, APC Are Corrupt, PDP Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.