Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga (1460 Views)

Is This Murder Or Suicide??..(pics) / A Man Killed His 2 Children Is It Murder Or Self Defence / Is this Pride Or Self Respect? This Has Cost Many Guys Their Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by L4stl00k(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2021
This is the testimony of the 21-year old undergraduate of the University of Lagos, Chidinma Ojukwu, how she stabbed the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Usifo Ataga, to death in the Lekki area of Lagos State.
She spoke at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters in Ikeja on Thursday after she was paraded as a suspect by the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu.

Odumosu said Ojukwu was arrested at her parents’ residence in the Yaba area of the state on Wednesday night.

Ojukwu, a 300-level student of Mass Communication, said she had been in a romantic relationship with Ataga for about four months before the ugly incident.

Ojukwu said she and Ataga were “having fun” when an argument broke out and she stabbed him twice.

She said,

“We were in the lodge smoking. He was trying to make advances on me. I was tired and he became violent on it. I let him have his way. Towards afternoon, he ordered roofies. We took it together and ate food. He became high. I was still not happy with the first one (sex) that we had, so, I was staying on my own, smoking and drinking. He, too, was on his own.

“He came to me and I was like I am not happy with what he did. I was like, ‘You don’t help me, you don’t assist me with anything, you are just playing with me around’. He was like, ‘Take my ATM and withdraw what you want’.

“He later became violent trying to get to me and I was resisting and defending myself. At some point, he hit my head on the wall and I also retaliated.

“At some point, he was chasing me around the kitchen cabinet. I took a knife and stabbed his neck. I approached the door and he followed me. I stabbed him twice on the neck side. I threw the knife to the bed and he was going for it but I also went for it. He dragged the knife with me and it broke and he fell on the floor.”

The undergraduate also disclosed that after stabbing the late CEO, she withdrew N380,000 from his account using his ATM card.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by juseng(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2021
According to the ashewo it's self defence
According to the press and the police it's murder.
I'd say thesame if I was in the girls shoe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Bigshoe2028: 11:37am On Jun 25, 2021
If she didn't withdrew the money it would have been self defends or head direct to police station to report ,

she murdered the man so she will take as much as she can

2 Likes

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by WiszyFraud: 11:37am On Jun 25, 2021
Man was murdered in his sleep... Don’t believe the lies of that murderer angry

9 Likes

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by DDDEnterprises: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2021
her story isn't very believable
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by todugo(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2021
It's Autospy report that will reveal how he died. It's sad that in Nigeria no effective investigation is conducted. angry
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Man was murdered in his sleep... Don’t believe the lies of that murderer angry

U been dey the room when e happen? Make this your "I too know" wey u done dey do since childhood no put u for trouble one day oh!
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Unrated900(m): 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
juseng:
According to the ashewo it's self defence
According to the press and the police it's murder.
I'd say thesame if I was in the girls shoe.

Nothing like self defense here
Had it been she went to police station After the saga and report
They might lock her up and proceed investigation
But she committed the crime and ran away
That’s capital murder
Make una Dey learn oooo

3 Likes

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by pansophist(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
You followed him to a private residence, and since you're acting in self defence, you didn't head straight to the police after the whole tussle, or even involve the neighbours around, but you emerged with no wounds, which show that your life was not in danger.

Furthermore, you killed him, left him there to rot, withdrew money from his account after "defending yourself", and told no one until the police tracked you down. Some lies insults the intelligence and this is one of it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by NobleSeed(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
she for say na sex defence which one is she saying self defence, abi na civil defence?...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Babara1994(m): 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
If I be that interrogator, I for woze you beta slap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Innocent until proven guilty. Dead men tell no tales. In saner climes, she'd plead not guilty and may likely win in court, or serve lesser sentence for man slaughter.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by FalseProphet1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Withdrawing from the man's account gave her away, cos the prosecuting council would charge her with murder and theft.

Secondly, she bought a hard drug, and drugged the man's drink cos I don't want to believe that a 21 year old girl can overpower a 49 year old man to the extent of inflicting fatal injuries on him resulting in his death. So the man was drugged, and probably passed out, that's why she could have easily stabbed him and made away with his atm card without the man calling for help in a pool of his own blood.

This brings us to our 3rd charge, possession of banned substance, the supplier as I read has already been arrested.

This case is done and dusted for even a baby lawyer, all evidence points to murder in the first degree, and she's not even from a wealthy home where we can say her folks can pull some strings to effect her release, therefore she'll either be sentenced to death or life imprisonment...there's not escape for her.

2 Likes

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Susily(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:
Innocent until proven guilty. Dead men tell no tales. In saner climes, she'd plead not guilty and may likely win in court, or serve lesser sentence for man slaughter.

What will make her win the case??

Since she's claiming self-defense, going straight to withdraw his money instead of reporting to the police station after killing him doesn't support the argument...... it's pointing straight that she murdered him with the intention to rob him

Again she was found with fake driver's license with her face on it but another person's name....this act Points to criminal tendency in her

She'll have a hard time getting away from this mess she put herself into

1 Like

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Susily:

What will make her win the case??

Since she's claiming self-defense, going straight to withdraw his money instead of reporting to the police station after killing him doesn't support the argument...... it's pointing straight that she murdered him with the intention to rob him

Again she was found with fake driver's license with her face on it but another person's name....this act Points to criminal tendency in her

She'll have a hard time getting away from this mess she put herself into

I'm talk about saner climes without no emotional outburst like we see here in Nigeria's criminal cases.The only reason she will be roasted is because the dead man In question is an elite, not because a proper investigation was done to raise the facts from the crime.

She withdraw his money is no pointer that she may not have killed him out of self - defense.She is a prostitute, ALL prostitutes are in for the money in exchange for Bleep.

Not calling the cops, also who call the cops for a crime in Nigeria where even the innocent are jailed for reporting a crime?

She is a call girl, he is her customer. And in this business we know greed, lust, drugs can make so many things go wrong. Especially since they were both high from illegal drugs intake.

1 Like

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by FalseProphet1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:

I'm talk about saner climes without no emotional outburst like we see here in Nigeria's criminal cases.The only reason she will be roasted is because the dead man In question is an elite, not because a proper investigation was done to raise the facts from the crime.

She withdraw his money is no pointer that she may not have killed him out of self - defense.She is a prostitute, ALL prostitutes are in for the money in exchange for Bleep.

Not calling the cops, also who call the cops for a crime in Nigeria where even the innocent are jailed for reporting a crime?

She is a call girl, he is her customer. And in this business we know greed, lust, drugs can make so many things go wrong. Especially since they were both high from illegal drugs intake.
So how do you explain the drug she ordered for? Since it's obvious that the man had already passed out before killing him.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Thunder fire you for bringing in self defense into this matter. Where is Iyabo Ojo, Tonto Dike and other expired evening newspapers. They have all disappeared because the victim is a man. Where are those nairaland olosho evening newspapers that were opening threads every second about that slain Akwa Ibom girl? They currently don't have data to be sleeping online. Now they don't have data to create emoji for this case or is this man's life not important? Didn't he just want to fucck and be happy like the Akwa Ibom wanted to fucck and get a job? Idiots. Anybody that brings in self defense into this, may God punish him.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
FalseProphet1:

So how do you explain the drug she ordered for? Since it's obvious that the man had already passed out before killing him.

Like I said she is innocent until proven guilty. The drugs maybe the SK and other hard drugs they both took.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Susily(m): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:

In sane climes she's getting the death penalty or a life sentence at best

Killing someone and going straight to withdraw (steal) his money MURDER with the intent to rob and not self-defense

If she acted in self-defense, she'll have alerted the police or at least alert the people around and told them what happened. But she waited till the man was declared missing and then she was hunted down...... didn't you also read that she and her dad resisted arrest so her dad was also arrested

And she also had fake ID on her which also points her as someone with criminal tendency and that doesn't help her case

1 Like

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by FalseProphet1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:

Like I said she is innocent until proven guilty. The drugs maybe the SK and other hard drugs they both took.
Nope she ordered for refinol, when mixed with alcohol it's makes its victim high and eventually pass out, she knew exactly what it was going to do to him that's why she mixed it in his drink...and like I said the man had already passed out when she killed him.

If she acted out of self defence, why wasn't there a single scratch on her? If someone is trying to rape you and you actually struggled with the person so hard that you had to use a knife on him, it means that the attempt at some point became violent, so why doesn't she have a single scratch on her body?

I hate it when you girls try to defend your gender especially when the truth is right there before you.

Whether or not the man was married isn't relevant, cos there's no law in our constitution that frowns on martial infidelity, the charge on ground here is murder. A life was taken, and she must pay the full price for her action.

1 Like

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Godada(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Nope she ordered for refinol, when mixed with alcohol it's makes its victim high and eventually pass out, she knew exactly what it was going to do to him that's why she mixed it in his drink...and like I said the man had already passed out when she killed him.

If she acted out of self defence, why wasn't there a single scratch on her? If someone is trying to rape you and you actually struggled with the person so hard that you had to use a knife on him, it means that the attempt at some point became violent, so why doesn't she have a single scratch on her body?

I hate it when you girls try to defend your gender especially when the truth is right there before you.

Whether or not the man was married isn't relevant, cos there's no law in our constitution that frowns on martial infidelity, the charge on ground here is murder. A life was taken, and she must pay the full price for her action.

I commend your patience in the face of apparent stupidity disguised as the sisterhood. I find nothing as disgusting as ladies sticking up for ladies even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Roofies is a date rape drug used to disarm a victim. Which she apparently mixed with his drink. If there was actually a case of forced sex, there should be tell tale signs on her body. For crying out loud the man in question is fit and an amateur boxer. So it's a hard sell how she is able to easily disarm an ex boxer.

After she drugged him, she leisurely stabbed him to death and mind you roofies paralyzes the person and the person loses every recollection of what happened.

Then she proceeded for the main event that she came for: armed robbery

5 Likes

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
FalseProphet1:

All these things are mere speculations drawn out of 'What likely must have happened' and not evidence.Emotional outburst isn't real time evidence, and again infidelity ain't a crime but prostitution and paying for it is a crime and it killed him grusomely.

I'm not defending her, I'm only looking at other likely possible sceneries. She is innocent until proven guilty. We do not know if she has any defense wounds, he may likely pay for what she ordered as it's clear he is also a druggie as well.

How did you know he passed out before she killed him?
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Susily:

In sane climes she's getting the death penalty or a life sentence at best

Killing someone and going straight to withdraw (steal) his money MURDER with the intent to rob and not self-defense

If she acted in self-defense, she'll have alerted the police or at least alert the people around and told them what happened. But she waited till the man was declared missing and then she was hunted down...... didn't you also read that she and her dad resisted arrest so her dad was also arrested

And she also had fake ID on her which also points her as someone with criminal tendency and that doesn't help her case

Holding someone ID doesn't mean it's faked up. I have the ID of some of my friends in my possession including their outdated ATM cards. All these are just circumstantial.

In saner climes, these babe with a good lawyer can do more than 5 years. Highest is manslaughter as it's clear she may have panicked. Things gets messy around _sex and hard drugs and both acted under the influence.

In saner climes, the man's past will be dugged out and trust me a life of infidelity is bad in America. The girls colleagues and lecturers have all pointed out she is calm, cool headed and doesnt talk much, that alone is a good sell based on her character.

In Nigeria people including the innocent don't report crime. They just try to get away with more problems we all know that.

She will likely be convicted, chances to save her is almost non existent, especially in a country with zero investigative acumen.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Susily(m): 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:

Holding someone ID doesn't mean it's faked up. I have the ID of some of my friends in my possession including their outdated ATM cards. All these are just circumstantial.

In saner climes, these babe with a good lawyer can do more than 5 years. Highest is manslaughter as it's clear she may have panicked. Things gets messy around _sex and hard drugs and both acted under the influence.

In saner climes, the man's past will be dugged out and trust me a life of infidelity is bad in America. The girls colleagues and lecturers have all pointed out she is calm, cool headed and doesnt talk much, that alone is a good sell based on her character.

In Nigeria people including the innocent don't report crime. They just try to get away with more problems we all know that.

She will likely be convicted, chances to save her is almost non existent, especially in a country with zero investigative acumen.

In saner clime, the girl's past will also be dug out and we're dealing with a murder case and not infidelity

You didn't understand the faken ID thing. The fake ID she was caught with has her face on it but with a different name so it's obvious she wasn't holding someone's ID as you just said

Having a fake ID like this and being implicated in a murder case is difficult to get away from coupled with the fact that she went ahead to withdraw the man's money after committing the act. It all points to faking identity and committing murder with the intention to rob the one

In a saner clime she has little or no way of proving she did not commit the Crime

And her lecturers and colleagues saying she's calm and quiet doesn't prove good character cos assasins are not loud, they're calculative, calm and quiet

1 Like

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by NeeKlaus: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:
It can no longer be man slaughter after she withdrew the said amount from the deceased's account.

The withdrawal of money already shows there was a motive and will be hard to refute in court, even in that "saner clime".
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by haslaw(m): 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
LadyRosa:

What part of self defense involves withdrawal of N380,000 from your victims bank account..

If only you knew the meaning of "saner climes".
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Silentgroper(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
todugo:
It's Autospy report that will reveal how he died. It's sad that in Nigeria no effective investigation is conducted. angry
Kikikiki. I cant laugh oo. Unku here say na autopsy go reveal things even after reading her story abt how she stabbed him. I guess unku here, doesnt understand d meaning of SELF DEFENSE. Lwkmd
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Silentgroper(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Unrated900:

Nothing like self defense here
Had it been she went to police station After the saga and report
They might lock her up and proceed investigation
But she committed the crime and ran away
That’s capital murder
Make una Dey learn oooo
So u go kill pesin, even if it's self defense, u no panic or get scared bt just walk straight to a police station nd report urself. Bro! Are u 4 real?
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
haslaw:

What part of self defense involves withdrawal of N380,000 from your victims bank account..

If only you knew the meaning of "saner climes".

The part where a prostitute gay to get paid after being _fucked I guess.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Don't be fooled by her innocent looks.

Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by LadyRosa(f): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Susily:

In saner clime, the girl's past will also be dug out and we're dealing with a murder case and not infidelity

You didn't understand the faken ID thing. The fake ID she was caught with has her face on it but with a different name so it's obvious she wasn't holding someone's ID as you just said

Having a fake ID like this and being implicated in a murder case is difficult to get away from coupled with the fact that she went ahead to withdraw the man's money after committing the act. It all points to faking identity and committing murder with the intention to rob the one

In a saner clime she has little or no way of proving she did not commit the Crime

And her lecturers and colleagues saying she's calm and quiet doesn't prove good character cos assasins are not loud, they're calculative, calm and quiet

If withdrawal of money from the account is the only best counter attack a lawyer has to get her convicted, it's almost not going to fly outside the shores of this country with a good criminal lawyer. Many people have really gotten away with more severe cases with a good lawyer and to me al this points to one thing, every body got high and shiit happened as it usually does with sxxx and drugs and money.
Re: MURDER Or SELF-DEFENSE? Chidinma Ojukwu & Usifo Ataga by Unrated900(m): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Silentgroper:
So u go kill pesin, even if it's self defense, u no panic or get scared bt just walk straight to a police station nd report urself. Bro! Are u 4 real?

My guy listen if you commit a crime
And you walk to a police station and says out of self
Defense you committed the crime.
Under the law you might be pardon a bit
This means there would be ways of tampering mercy for justice.
Hence the time to do might be reduced
But if you run or walk away
It’s a real act that you purposely committed the crime.
That might warrant everlasting jail.
The girl wasn’t smart enough
Even if she has planned the murder
But she no plan am well
Had it been she also cut her two hands herself with the knife.
She might say it was an act of struggle that made a use knife on him.
But she didn’t,her body was fresh
So it was a case of capital murder

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm trying not to be a Simp. Please I Need Y'all Advice! / Guess Whos Sleeping Position Is That ..side Doggy Style / A Message To South Africans On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.