Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World (42413 Views)

Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) / Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Holiness2100: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
STUNNING photos have revealed the spectacular Strawberry Super Moon in the night sky.

June's full moon was at its peak on June 24, creating a dazzling backdrop to places like the marble temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, south of Athens in Greece.

Muscovites were also treated to a spectacle with the reddish moon appearing over Russia's Foreign Ministry in the country’s capital.

The name “Strawberry Super Moon” actually refers more to the tasty summer fruit rather than the Moon itself, according to Nasa.

Nasa wrote: "The Maine Farmer's Almanac first published "Indian" names for the full Moons in the 1930's.

"According to this Almanac, as the full Moon in June and the last full Moon of spring, the Algonquin tribes called this the Strawberry Moon.

"The name comes from the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries in the north-eastern United States."

June's full Moon is always particularly low in the sky, this can make it shine through more of the atmosphere than at other times in the year.

It won't technically be pink or red but, according to Nasa, its low position can sometimes give the full Moon a reddish or rose colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8VN7CorODw

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15388591/strawberry-supermoon-june-full-moon-pictures/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Holiness2100: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2021

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Holiness2100: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Holiness2100: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2021

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by tillaman(m): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
I dey come make I upload the one wey we spot for Abeokuta and Saki

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Righteousness2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
The only Good and Merciful GOD Almighty putting out the Signs of times For the Earth Inhabitants to see, know and understand that Time is almost up.

Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
They that Have Ears to Hear, Let them Hear..

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Massiveglory: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by akeeng: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Why do people scream the ghost ‘lalasticlala’? Does he credit accounts for every scream of his name?

Anyways, y’all need to sora f’oninrin grin

2 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by kadraxkyle(m): 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
God is great meaning Oluwatobi

What is it in your own local dialect/language

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by flexlatifa: 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
G
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by casdoruche: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
All I see is superb wallpapers. For the next windows 11 update

22 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
this kind of thing no dey appear for naija, why?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by HEAVEN4444: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
kadraxkyle:
F
for fuc.k
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by starbuck(f): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
I observed it grin

1 Like

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Bvlgari: 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wow its true...i looked outside my window now and its out there...God is great!

So beautiful!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by BarrElChapo(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
angry
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
What of your Zoo? Did it appear there too?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Seniorwriter(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Spectacular
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Goldenheart(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigerian Moon dey blurry from here, corruption don blur am

18 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Kingsasian(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
I noticed it here in Jalingo last night. Even me sef shock. It was too bright that I had to close my window curtains

11 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by SEGLIZ: 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
nature at its best.
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Inspiration007: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Q

3 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by witworth(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Strawberry-supermoon?
Nigeria can't see such color from here o.
I know say na africa human lives first start from, but better people migrate go better places wey snow dey and good weather. Africa was already programmed for great natural resources. But not programmed to even get sense to make abundant and adequate use of it.
See this kind moon now, even if it's natural, we no dey see am for Nigeria here. E get why God let whites to remain whites and blacks to remain blacks after the evolution.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Goalnaldo(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Xiaomi1:
this kind of thing no dey appear for naija, why?
The wickedness in Nigeria. Nature has a way of distancing itself from corrupt elements embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Dangerousboy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
I don't like this......why nobody post this before now so that one could look forward to it. But if it is Reginal Daniel, you people will just shove it on our faces.

3 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Temitemitemitemi: 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
No be today these things don dey happen!!!
Righteousness2:
The only Good and Merciful GOD Almighty putting out the Signs of times For the Earth Inhabitants to see, know and understand that Time is almost up.

They that Have Ears to Hear, Let them Hear..

6 Likes

Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Lucasmuyiwa: 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
tillaman:
I dey come make upload the one wey we spot for Abeokuta and Saki
Where in Saki are you? I think I'm the only nairalander from saki
Re: Strawberry Super Moon Lite Up The Night In Spectacular Pics Frm Around The World by Kingpele(m): 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wow Christ Jesus warned his disciples against looking for what is not relevant in Act 1:7 but in verse 8 ,he instructed them to wait in Jerusalem till they receive the power of his holy spirit ,which will empower them to be his witnesses all over the world ,which will empower them to live right in God's sight and be good to humanity ...we are called to be Christ witnesses of his love for God and humanity not doomsayers ,God want to be served through genuine love for him and humanity ,certainly not out of fire of his judgement..God is love anyone who live in righteousness of Christ lives in love,let love leds

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mutant, One-Eyed Albino Baby Shark Found In Indonesia (Pictures) / How To Build A Quadcopter / Top Six Most Endangered Animals In Nigeria(pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.