Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,944 members, 7,799,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom (54097 Views)

Roofing Starts At Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos) / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by KvngSO1: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
God bless you.I am still perplexed at how gullible most Nigerians are.Trust me the budget for this rubbish would have been global standard,but the project looks like a shabby secondary school playground.
If y'all are so impressed by this,then it is finished indeed.

Focusmind:
Our standards in this country in everything are terribly low! Tueh!!!

1 Like

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by frankson1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
bastardmod:

Actually igbo land is the life line of the south south. Check the areas that are far removed from igbos like bayelsa...with all their wealth and small size yet nothing to show. Akwa ibom is close to igbos g[b]eographically and even culturally, and our influence looms large over there resulting in progress[/b]. they love us and we love them.

Bro don't hate who God has blessed cool

So Igbos are not progressing because they have moved their large influence to Akwa Ibom just to develop it.
Now I understand why Igbo lands are not progressing.

Hmmm... so much love for Akwa Ibom people.
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by tutudesz: 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

I don't get you

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by cliper230(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
in nigeria today south east has the highest HDI and HCI. references https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_Human_Development_Index
Tinubuadvocate:
Akwa ibow will swallow the whole of southeast in both human capital and infrastructures.
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by cliper230(m): 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
its terrible cos there is not to celebrate about this stadium, its glorify slum.
KvngSO1:
God bless you.I am still perplexed at how gullible most Nigerians are.Trust me the budget for this rubbish would have been global standard,but the project looks like a shabby secondary school playground.
If y'all are so impressed by this,then it is finished indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by moonraker(m): 1:04am On Jun 28, 2021
Something about Nigerian architectural design that baffles me.... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by merits(m): 6:37am On Jun 28, 2021
Barryseal:
Must there be tartan tracks in every stadium built in Nigeria? What happens to building a stadium with the sitting terraces close to the action on the pitch.
Most stadia in Nigeria have never hosted any athletic meet, even the almighty Uyo stadium,making a complete mockery of the millions spent on the tartan tracks. This Ikot ekpene stadium will never host any athletic championship in its lifetime.
You are right ooo.only that we don't think outside the box everything copy copy wether good or bad.
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Cnach: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2021
rollingrocks:
Good work on the stadium so far, but I have a problem.

Why is Eket still looking like a slum? It's very dirty, shanties everywhere. The so called remodelling by the state government is taking forever to be completed. That Eket Ibeno axis should be very inviting, clean roads, well aligned buildings, the beach entrance should be exquisitely beautified. What is the job of the Chairmen of Eket and Ibeno LGAs (Chairmen in Akwa Ibom are just there to occupy space, nothing to show). Why are environmental laws not enforced in Eket for heaven's sake? If that alone is tackled Eket will surely look like a city but for now as far as I'm concerned Eket is just a large slum!!! No puns intended, the truth has to be said.
One thing u should know is that people are not in eket, businesses are also suffering much because absent of youths. In short eket is empty, it has name but nothing to show for it
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Owologbo(m): 7:06am On Jun 28, 2021
Plead:

Thought it has been converted to a university?
You are right.
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by wiseone28: 7:17am On Jun 28, 2021
Rossiminku:

Their 'love' for you is dictated primarily by your OIL, and their greed to acquire it.

Without that OIL (and coastal access), they would disown you as quickly as they've disowned everyone else. wink
True
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Blackman101: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2021
The enemy called maintenance is my worry
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by bastardmod: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2021
Adakintroy:

There is a way we say about igbos when dealing with them from observation.

"Una de behave like say na only una get sense"

I prefer the north on top of me than igbos It's safe for us that way.

And may the hausa continue to be over you yourself as you have requested
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Rickmann: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2021
Atouke:
This is the prototype of the stadium under construction. This is the first project in Nigeria that the finished product will be better than the prototype!!!

lets hope so.
so we heard about the abuja national stadium which was ranked 10th best in the world after completion, but now na big big shit wey be like my head full inside grin
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Adakintroy: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2021
bastardmod:

And may the hausa continue to be over you yourself as you have requested

Amen.

What makes you think you won't manifest worst greed or desperations than them. From the little we have seen in you guys without power, no one wants to know what you will be like with it. You not good people. You are the only tribe that seem to have a strong association with money beyond the normal limite.
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2021
Nice one OP..
Is Akwa Ibom Making It Hard For Other States To Host The Super Eagles � Considering They have the best Environment and Facilities in Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by bastardmod: 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Adakintroy:

Amen.

What makes you think you won't manifest worst greed or desperations than them. From the little we have seen in you guys without power, no one wants to know what you will be like with it. You not good people. You are the only tribe that seem to have a strong association with money beyond the normal limite.

Oga just say amen so your wish can come to pass
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by rollingrocks: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
Cnach:

One thing u should know is that people are not in eket, businesses are also suffering much because absent of youths. In short eket is empty, it has name but nothing to show for it

This is very very serious if it's true. So what's the use of of the oil companies in that area? Can they they please pack and go?
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Arnoldo(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
rollingrocks:
Good work on the stadium so far, but I have a problem.

Why is Eket still looking like a slum? It's very dirty, shanties everywhere. The so called remodelling by the state government is taking forever to be completed. That Eket Ibeno axis should be very inviting, clean roads, well aligned buildings, the beach entrance should be exquisitely beautified. What is the job of the Chairmen of Eket and Ibeno LGAs (Chairmen in Akwa Ibom are just there to occupy space, nothing to show). Why are environmental laws not enforced in Eket for heaven's sake? If that alone is tackled Eket will surely look like a city but for now as far as I'm concerned Eket is just a large slum!!! No puns intended, the truth has to be said.
mobile oil and gas has done more harm to Eket than good.. they contribute nothing to the development of that place.. Ibeno beach should be some kind of resort center, no place to lodge .. would have made a good holiday destination
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Arnoldo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Ilaumoh:
Nice one OP..
Is Akwa Ibom Making It Hard For Other States To Host The Super Eagles � Considering They have the best Environment and Facilities in Nigeria ?
even with all these asaba still hosts super eagles more in recent time than akwaibom

1 Like

Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Hunchogee: 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
rollingrocks:

This is very very serious if it's true. So what's the use of of the oil companies in that area? Can they they please pack and go?
You sef must you be believing every nonsense any idiot say?
Ok ask him wey the youth are ?

N/B : Eket us the second must populated city after Uyo in Akwa Ibom ok..
And Akwa Ibom as a state is projected to be 8million people as of this 2021..
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Hunchogee: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
Arnoldo:
even with all these asaba still hosts super eagles more in recent time than akwaibom
Politics my Friend.
Ok where is the NFF or Nigeria FA president from......? That tribalistic man us from delta state
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by rollingrocks: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hunchogee:

You sef must you be believing every nonsense any idiot say?
Ok ask him wey the youth are ?

N/B : Eket us the second must populated city after Uyo in Akwa Ibom ok..
And Akwa Ibom as a state is projected to be 8million people as of this 2021..

I Said IF it's true. My issue with Eket in particular is despite claiming to be the 2nd populated "City", it still presents itself as a slum! A lot of work needs to be done there to bring it to a status of a proper city. Ikot Ekpene in my opinion looks more of a city than Eket (so called oil city) and that is very sad!
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by rollingrocks: 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hunchogee:

Politics my Friend.
Ok where is the NFF or Nigeria FA president from......? That tribalistic man us from delta state

True!
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
rollingrocks:

True!
So you know
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by Arnoldo(m): 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hunchogee:

Politics my Friend.
exactly
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by htdot: 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
THEAMAKA:

Is Singapore not a million times better than Nigeria with all its so called big population and land mass? I don’t know why such useless things excite the mind of most nairaland bigots.
Most of the European countries Nigerians are dying to immigrate to, are their populations even a third of nigeria’s population? Keep fooling yourself.
Singapore is not landlocked
Re: Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom by THEAMAKA(f): 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
htdot:

Singapore is not landlocked

Neither is Nigeria but it’s still a failed state with the highest percentage of poverty in the world.
Rwanda that is twenty times smaller than Nigeria and landlocked is a million miles ahead of Nigeria.
There’s no use defending this failed state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poland Vs Senegal: World Cup,(1 - 2) On 19th June 2018 / Mikel Obi's Jersey Number At Middlesbrough Unveiled, To Wear No 12 / Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.