Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff (236 Views)

V6 Engine Car Owners, How Are You Coping With The Subsidy Removal? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / Coping With Deafness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by realG101(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Any Nigerian who is an adult should be well aware of the alarming rate at which the prices of goods and services have doubled in recent times.

You don't even need to be married with kids to feel the heat in the economy right now. Things are really getting ugly in the neighbourhoods across the country and everyone is keeping mum.

I went to the market today to get some tomatoes and I was really shocked at the price calling. It really made me sad and this is not because I couldn't comfortably buy what I needed but because I saw so many pained people in the market.

The sellers would package about 10 pieces of tomatoes and call it N800 or 1k. This same portion uses to sell for around N200.

Imagine a woman with a child on her back, trying to beg the seller to sell tomatoes of N200 with this inflation. I was so sad at the woman's predicament.

And the price trend affects every other item in the market as we speak.

I really hope this doesn't last for too long because I'm sure people are going hungry in the neighbourhoods.
Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by Foodqueen(f): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
It's really alarming.

Alot of people go to bed hungry everyday.
Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by Honesty111: 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
Buhari just finished us, the poor ones in this country. The worse anyone can do to someone hunger and starvation. I can't explain my situation. I need help honestly.
Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by DDDEnterprises: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
by spending lesser than before. God help and relieve us of this crisis

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by Mobi47(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
I was at the market 3 days ago, a man wanted to buy gari 1 mudu but was told that gari is now #600 one mudu...naso the man begin price alubu o and bought 2 mudu of alubu 600. According to the man, he said he doesn't like eating gari but had to switch to gari because Semo and the likes of them, doubled their price and he could no longer afford semo, so he decided to switch to gari. Now the price of gari has gone up and he has switched to alubu.

The country is a total failure but some greedy people are still praising this government.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by Tokskob2008: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
The next level Buhari promised was actually hunger and starvation. Only God can help we the masses because this is just too much to bear.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
Haven't you all noticed how apprehensive and aggressive people are this days... even me sef no dy happy...hunger is very brutal especially if u are not well to do. Na so so vex I dy since...may God save us all... always thinking about where the next meal will come from. embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The High Cost Of Food Stuff by doggedfighter(f): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
It's a crisis situation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Friends You Should Avoid If You Are In A Relationship / Open University: One Of The Cheapest Standard Universities In Nigeria / Type 2 Diabetes Meal Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.