Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts (35746 Views)

Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken / Twitter Bans Igbo Uju Anya For Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death / Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by HonNL: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
Friends! Something highly peculiar happened today. Twitter denied access to my account for almost an hour on the alleged ground that there was a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of the USA and subsequently they allowed me to access the account.

Twitter’s actions were in gross violation of Rule 4(cool of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021 where they failed to provide me any prior notice before denying me access to my own account.

It is apparent that my statements calling out the high handedness and arbitrary actions of Twitter, particularly sharing the clips of my interviews to TV channels and its powerful impact, have clearly ruffled its feathers.

Further, it is now apparent as to why Twitter is refusing to comply with the Intermediary Guidelines because if Twitter does comply, it would be unable to arbitrarily deny access to an individual’s account which does not suit their agenda.

Furthermore, in the past several years, no television channel or any anchor has made any complaints about copyright infringements with regard to these news clips of my interviews shared on social media.

Twitter’s actions indicate that they are not the harbinger of free speech that they claim to be but are only interested in running their own agenda, with the threat that if you do not tow the line they draw, they will arbitrarily remove you from their platform.

No matter what any platform does they will have to abide by the new IT Rules fully and there shall be no compromise on that.

India's Law & Justice, Electronics, Information and Communications Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Nbotee(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Getat... If U break their rules U chop their ban... Terms and conditions were stipulated

252 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by ChiefSosa(m): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Twitter’s actions were in gross violation of Rule 4(cool of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021 where they failed to provide me any prior notice before denying me access to my own account.
Twitter gave you T&C before you signed up, what other prior notice are you expecting again? Didn't you read and "accept" before using the account?
Copyright Policy/infringement is very serious, you're breaking the rules and you expect them to be quiet.
Furthermore, in the past several years, no television channel or any anchor has made any complaints about copyright
Nobody has complained does not mean Nobody will complain. They don't want to be your Abobaku in case a lawsuit comes up. Prevention is better than cure. It is their platform, if you can't comply; then gerrout. JACK DORSEY IS YOUR FATHER, AS LONG AS YOU'RE UNDER HIS ROOF(Twitter), YOU'LL ABIDE BY HIS RULES. Una get luck say jack na papa wey gentle sef. Una dey rise muscle on top platform wey no be una own. Platform that he didn't force or beg you to join.

186 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by doggedfighter(f): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
This one is acting and sounding like a typical Nairaland zombie grin

Doing everything shameful to please Lai Mohammed.

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Iceyjayz: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
No one is above Twitter ban

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by falseprophet: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by GoldBoss(m): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
You see? India's information minister is still on Twitter despite Kooo being an Indian app, But our Government and Oga lai all moved themselves to Kooo in order to spite Twitter at the same time betraying Adamu's Crowwe, I am only happy Nigerians stood by him on playstore grin

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by tillaman(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jack Dorsey my G, Shey una no read T&C before una agree
Twitter needs you same way you need twitter it is a Symbiotic something!!
If you violate their policies expect consequences atleast they unlocked after 1 hour
Rule 4 of information technology guidelines ko

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Thinktwicemybro: 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
The India version of lia Mohammed . They both want the same thing. And that is to ban Twitter.
You post someone else work without permission and you are talking trash, prior notification kill you there. Did you give the owner of the content prior notification before you plagiarized them?
Twitter owe you no apology.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by NotNairalandi(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by jericco1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
I'm waiting for Lai Mohammed to give India a template on how to ban Twitter grin

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by BuyAndSellStuff: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist.
Gumi is a terrorist.
Shekau is still alive.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by bro4u: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by helinuesIsaMumu: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
This one is in the league of , thebosstrevor1, monogamy, Simplyleo and other hordes of zone-bees

Ordinary 1hr ban and he's already ranting. Fools that can't do without Twitter, but always pretending.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Akinsete19(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
They should try that with Lie Mohammed, and he will suspend all internet service in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by uchelouis45(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
T
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by kambili999(f): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Do me I do u. Another version of twitter blocking loading...

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Theunbothered: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
When authoritarian dinosaurs want to distract their citizens they bring up imaginary issues like twitter bans so they can get people talking about irrelevant topics and not their poor performance.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by shegzhkn: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lol.
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Omasanjunior(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Twitter be making the rounds cheesy
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lol. Twitter and ban. They should change their name to TWITBAN naaaw angry grin grin Glad India is coming out from her lock down and their Covid-19 victims are reducing. Their lockdown really affected our India Shipping. We are back to buying and shipping from India to nigeria now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by samuel19222(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Captain jack dey para

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by J2381: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Why am I not surprise. Twitter like most social media platform have started seeing themselves as above the law. They only believe in what they like, whatever you say and they don't like, they'll drop the hammer on you.

Pretty soon they'll soon start to see the error of their ways...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by obembet(f): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
This thing is system program that set to delete or block any message that bridge the T/C of the app. System doesn't know if you are president or Fulani beggers. I have been blocked twice on Twitter even Instagram just unblocked me..

If what happened to Tunde happen to Buhari, No network will work in Nigeria again. Even NTA will suffer small

Iceyjayz:
No one is above Twitter ban

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by bdek(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Twitter gave you T&C before you signed up, what other prior notice are you expecting again? Didn't you read and "accept" before using the account?
Copyright Policy/infringement is very serious, you're breaking the rules and you expect them to be quiet.
Nobody has complained does not mean Nobody will complain. They don't want to be your Abobaku in case a lawsuit comes up. Prevention is better than cure. It is their platform, if you can't comply; then gerrout.

U just made my day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by SILVERLINES: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Seniorwriter(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by smile11s(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Buhari is a cow

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by zolajpower: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
cheesy
Twitter ti gboro ni gboro

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Baawaa(m): 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Twitter don't send anybody

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by sammysmiles(m): 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Twitter the banner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Members Fight At Burial Ground In Ghana (Video, Photos) / King Charles III Makes First Address To Britain & Commonwealth / Sweden Police Grant Permit For Koran Burning Protest Outside Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.