Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,594 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable (35231 Views)

80% Of Married Men, Who Are Not Financially Stable Are Not Happy / Advantages Of Marrying As A Virgin / 'There Is No Financially Stable Man In His 20's" - Nigerian Man Tell Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by kay29000(m): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
If you are not financially stable, do not marry. Don't let anyone pressure you, cerelac is 4k now.. Na one week dem go finish am.. Be wise

Ahh! That's scary. grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by authority2006(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
ogashman:
Op
What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?

maak400:
You're right OP, money is important in marriage.

But my question to everyone is, if a man is hustling and he's still not financially stable till he's 40 years old, will you advise him not to marry but to keep hustling till he is financially stable even if he's nearing 50 years old?

You gotta do what you gotta do.
Look for a woman that will not expose your not-too-okay financial status to the world.
One or two kids should be enough.
Try something new for your source of income.

Funny thing is that I know a man who is like 44 now, instead of raising family even if it is just husband, wife and a kid, the man is after building his own house that may take three or more years to complete.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Ruggman: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2021
Your write up is not totally correct, marriage is a life venture that requires maturity and godly wisdom not just money.
Money is necessary for everyone and if you care to know some bachelor's spend far more than some married men on wasteful living.
Major thing you need in marriage is God's favour to marry your own wife. It is important to pray very well and listen to advise, ask relevant questions about your supposed spouse before engaging in marriage.
NB
-------
*YOUR OWN WIFE WILL STAND WITH YOU WETHER GOOD OR BAD
*IF YOU MARRY WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY, WHAT HAPPENS IF ALONG THE WAY THINGS TURN DOWNWARDS?, WILL YOU ASK THE WOMAN TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE MARRIAGE UNTILL THINGS RETURN TO NORMAL?.
* A BAD WIFE WILL MISBEHAVE EVEN WHEN YOU ARE GIVING HER HEAVEN AND EARTH.
* MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES, EXPECT UPS AND DOWNS, HIGH AND LOW MOMENTS. MONEY OR NO MONEY CAN NOT CHANGE THIS FACT ABOUT MARRIAGE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by mofedamijo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
aribisala0:
[i][/i] You cannot know you have chosen wisely until after you have chosen
those who have never seen war are often very brave

According to the bible ( I am not saying it is true or not) Peter denied Jesus 3 times in one night.
Did Jesus not choose wisely?

What are you saying
My point is simple. If you're with someone who is demanding and you don't have much, what are you suppose to do??

You have a woman who has never supported you. You're the only one spending in the relationship, yet you still want to marry such person. How will that person support your dreams and the family

Choose wisely and don't say you won't know until you choose.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by oloshun(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.

Bro, you make sense. I have come to realize that marriage is by luck. My former wife met me when I was much spending loud. We divorced and after few years that I came to my senses, I met my new wife who is even richer than me then, we have been happy together with kids for 6years.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by mofedamijo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
seanwilliam:

Lol una like to Dey twist topic just to have a say.. the bolded is exactly what the op is talking about ..

U don’t have to be millionaire but u need to be financially capable of providing basic things..

Everything is not money I agree, but no marriage will work in this 21st century without money ..
It might work when there’ are no kids yet , but when they start coming , bro you’re on a long thing .

And your partner must be working and contributing too .. make bills no go kill u before your time
Note : I’m not married but 80% of divorces ive seen have something to do with money ..

If you can't comprehend, please don't ever quote me ignorantly. Shalom.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by GodisFirst: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
Money matters a lot but you should not keep waiting for all the money in this world before getting married especially when age is not on your side and you have seen a good girl that you are sure of her love and wants to be with you. There are many good girls out there. Just be yourself, don't hand your clothes where your hands can't reach. Some can bring open doors to you as soon as you genuinely propose to them.
The problem is if you pick a gold digger as a wife, the marriage will be in trouble.
If you have a well paying job and you marry a gold digger, what happens if suddenly the job is no longer there as is the case with Nigeria.

If you have something doing that could keep you and your family going and you can't wait, especially if you are the type that can't keep eyes off women, then go and marry and keep a low profile family life style, avoid life of competition, ensure you feed well and take care of your health, with time if the economy improves on your side, then you can adjust, but till then, maintain the basic.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Electrochemistry(m): 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
ogashman:
Op

What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?
My brother he's not telling you not to marry if you are not rich he's only telling you what you should expect if you marry as a poor man. Let's learn from one another.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by authority2006(m): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
nextstep:
So what I'm hearing is: "men, work hard, get money, get married, then spend all your money on maintaning a wife, with children" angry

Abegi... this country has enough children. Men, use your money to travel abroad, treat yourself to a spa in Asia, spend a week in the Bahamas, chill out in our Lagos resorts.

With no dependents, you can save up enough to enjoy this world, instead of spending your every waking hour being a walking wallet.

And then, grow old as a poor lonely pitiable man! That would suck!

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by kay29000(m): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
Quim2:

I'm 41. Money delayed me.
I have it now and started searching since November. I'm glad I didn't mess up by marrying in poverty. It would have been a huge disaster

My only worry is kids now. I wanna marry before August, that if I see kind of lady I like. I no dey fear lovely high maintainance ladies again lolz.

The surprising part is I have parents calling me to marry their teenage daughters.

Interesting.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
Them no dey tell person. You go hear pkansa pkansa, in fela's voice.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by jesmond3945: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.
stubborn fly. If you like don't listen to Op
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Kayyus09(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
Son of man is getting old meh

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by sharpwriter(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
tobe1985:
even if u are aged 50 and your money never dey on point, forget marriage, do not let anyone shame you

You see in life, challenges will come. It depends on how we handle it with boldness even in the face of shame m

Those who are less emotional and a bit selfish are those that won't listen to people's ranting. It's not an easy skill to be focused and tell others to shut up so you can achieve at your own convenient time.

However, even being unmarried at 50 is another great shame. Dem for don call you into family meeting for more than 15 times cheesy grin

So the life of man is very hard and shame is inevitable at some point unless person quickly tear eye as young adult with seriousness and focus on manly achievements. And sometimes with the help of a progressive guardian or mentor.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by aribisala0(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
mofedamijo:

What are you saying
My point is simple. If you're with someone who is demanding and you don't have much, what are you suppose to do??

You have a woman who has never supported you. You're the only one spending in the relationship, yet you still want to marry such person. How will that person support your dreams and the family

Choose wisely and don't say you won't know until you choose.

What I am saying is no matter how wise you think you are women change after marriage. This is true for men too to be fair
There is really no wisdom to predict what people will become after marriage. So whether it turns out how you want may be more down to serendipity than to insight or wisdom.
Therefore the advice to choose wisely is mission impossible. No human being is that wise, some people are just lucky.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by kzubyar(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
Inception:
cool

You have said it all.

As a mexican friend used to say :

No money no honey cabron!
Queen of the South
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Blueelf: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2021
Ezehillary:
love is important than money
Teenager spotted
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Revolva(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
Marriage of today won't work well because of economic wahala that is endless

I advise any young stable man that need a child to just date. A babe and bang her and get her pregnant first from there play on...de renew the contract if she is doing you well..use it as a test of her faith before finally you can then put her in ur house

Unless you will regret it o ..most girls of today have destroyed their womb and are lazy and can't do business or even endure small marital wahala ..Dem go find another man go... especially if na Dem Dem type of gals ..you carry for head as a lover..

Shit happens to people I have read many ...and seen many

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Blueelf: 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
Let's be specific

IF you're not making at least N500k per month (and you stay in a Major City like Lagos, Abuja and Port-Hacourt), please don't marry

I used 30mins of my precious time to calculate it. Please marriage is not compulsory and women love your ability to provide, not you

4 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Lightway: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
Romanoff:
As a woman, I advice strongly against it.

If you're a woman, don't get married without a source of income, no matter how small.

Either a job or a business. Just have something doing.
It is a recipe for disaster if you have nothing doing.

But you're already married and yet you don't have a business
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by chaloskyx: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
if you dont have money you have no biz getting married dont start procreating only to let your kids suffer with poverty its not fair
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Gjmff: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
Bad ideas

No girl want to manage these days they rather insult you and end up cheating on you if you can’t pay the bills just plan your life and make money girls will flock round you like bees when you are rich you can marry anytime. Tb Joshua didn’t live that long for his children to feed him rather he left generational wealth for those children . Forget about the african mentality of growing old while raising your kids . The kids will survive whether they have something to survive on or not

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by labisibrass(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
obembet:
Nonsense

Op! And all those of you that aggreed with him, u beta think twice. That Linda said and later have baby.

Is it when you are 50s u will settle down and train your children at old age?

Marriage open doors. Just marry the right woman

There's no how you people want to paint it, it's so bad to marry when you can barely feed two mouths let alone taking care of a child. Do you know why dependency rate is too much?. So many people marry with the mindset of depending on one young guy who's gainfully employed but also trying to stand well. You need to have them around you to really understand my point.
Not all marriages open doors, most people are really suffering!

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Xpress24(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
If you are not financially stable, do not marry. Don't let anyone pressure you, cerelac is 4k now.. Na one week dem go finish am.. Be wise
grin grin grin bad guy

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Fiscus105(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
aribisala0:
[i][/i] You cannot know you have chosen wisely until after you have chosen
those who have never seen war are often very brave

According to the bible ( I am not saying it is true or not) Peter denied Jesus 3 times in one night.
Did Jesus not choose wisely?

Yes Jesus choose wisely, hope you know great exploit Peter did after Jesus left.

No perfect being on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Michelle55: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
dingbang:
michelle55, do you concur?
Absolutely! I do concur. grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Romanoff(f): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
Lightway:

But you're already married and yet you don't have a business

And you know this how?
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Blueelf: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
dingbang:
Na when sisters of the man wife abuse the man onto say he no get money, na when you go know say e important for man to get stable income.

But as for me.. Lai lai, i will not marry a broke woman too.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Fiscus105(m): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Don't know that 90% can go to the way of op, because when Adeboye said it few years ago that ladies shouldn't marry jobless man, our people here on nairaland almost mob man of God.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Xj2020: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
I married a virgin without experience like you advised and it's still same old same story. Money is everything in marriage if you must command the respect of any woman especially women that play the role of full time house wives
IgweOfNnewi:
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
Quim2:

I'm 41. Money delayed me.
I have it now and started searching since November. I'm glad I didn't mess up by marrying in poverty. It would have been a huge disaster

My only worry is kids now. I wanna marry before August, that if I see kind of lady I like. I no dey fear lovely high maintainance ladies again lolz.

The surprising part is I have parents calling me to marry their teenage daughters.

Teenage daughters who may not truly love you. While hustling you could've been on the lookout for a genuine person. Real friends are those who are there during your down time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Fiancee Broke Up With Me For Becoming A Keke Napep Rider / Olosho Is A Multimillion Industry In Lekki - Nigerian Man Claims / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.