Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! (5742 Views)

Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / 3 Very Common Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:16pm On May 07, 2011
What do you think?

I once asked an optician why, and she said it's because we tend to produce more pigments or wurreva, but no exact reason!(maybe i just can't rememba sha undecided lipsrsealed)

It's even worser for those who live in Africa(hot countries) but what really is the cause?is it the food we eat?the sun?the water we drink?the people we look @? shocked lipsrsealed grin tongue

Do you have any pigmentation in your eye? smiley

Go on house!

Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Sirfly: 6:18pm On May 07, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by aminalib(f): 6:25pm On May 07, 2011
I do not, but i have wondered that before, i have seen some bad ones,
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:27pm On May 07, 2011
aminalib:

I do not, but i have wondered that before, i have seen some bad ones,

It kind of hurts y'know undecided. ,  y can't we(Africans) all ave clear white eye--balls like white people every 1 else embarassed
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by aminalib(f): 6:28pm On May 07, 2011
Pweety4me:

It kind of hurts y'know undecided. , y can't we all ave clear white eye--balls like white people every 1 else embarassed

how does that hurt? everyone is different in life and we all can't be alike, i do believe pigementation has to do with the exposure to alot of sun as well
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:29pm On May 07, 2011
^^O yea?lol it's hurts because it's kind of beauty demonishing like the really obvious 1's
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by aminalib(f): 6:30pm On May 07, 2011
well my dear make sure u hug the next person u see that has that condition grin
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:31pm On May 07, 2011
aminalib:

well my dear make sure u hug the next person u see that has that condition grin

Lol dat's mean cheesy, well i ave a lil, but u can't really telll *hides* embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:32pm On May 07, 2011
Some babies r even born with eyes like that! shocked sad
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by aminalib(f): 6:34pm On May 07, 2011
you should become an optometrist wink,
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 6:38pm On May 07, 2011
aminalib:

you should become an optometrist wink,
Hehe, i dey look 4 cure or anti-pigment to prevent Black people from getting this tin! angry
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by 190: 7:07pm On May 07, 2011
HEALTH SECTION HEALTH SECTION>>>>>>,
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by hackney(m): 7:09pm On May 07, 2011
I think its a combo of dust and diet.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 7:13pm On May 07, 2011
hackney:

I think its a combo of dust and diet.

What do u mean by dust?garri? grin
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by sexylogan(m): 9:31pm On May 07, 2011
Pweety4me:

What do u mean by dust?garri? grin
lwtmb grin grin grin

My dear, wat u'r describing is wat is called "dirty sclera". it tends to be common with

us africans because of a combination of environmental pollutants, excessive exposure

to dust and harmful rays from the sun. I've wondered the same thing too several

years ago. some eye drops may reduce this but truthfully, there's not much u can do

to them once u have them. sorry. undecided
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by MrsChima(f): 10:29pm On May 07, 2011
sexylogan:

lwtmb grin grin grin

My dear, wat u'r describing is wat is called "dirty sclera". it tends to be common with

us africans because of a combination of environmental pollutants, excessive exposure

years ago. some eye drops may reduce this but truthfully, there's not much u can do

(looking directly at your eyes) Why do you have that dark red squiggly line in the middle of your iris?
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 07, 2011
Pweety4me:

What do you think?

I once asked an optician why, and she said it's because we tend to produce more pigments or wurreva, but no exact reason!(maybe i just can't rememba sha undecided lipsrsealed)

It's even worser for those who live in Africa(hot countries) but what really is the cause?is it the food we eat?the sun?the water we drink?the people we look @? shocked lipsrsealed grin tongue

Do you have any pigmentation in your eye? smiley

Go on house!

Pweety4me (f), baby, do you have pigs in your eyes? undecided
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 2:23am On May 08, 2011
^^^No! angry sad

sexylogan:

lwtmb grin grin grin

Hmm ok thanx for informing me. smiley
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 2:24am On May 08, 2011
@Mrs Chima do u ave any?what do u think about it?
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by InkedNerd(f): 2:28am On May 08, 2011
@OP: I'm having a dumb dub moment, can you please explain it again? embarassed
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 2:30am On May 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: I'm having a dumb dub moment, can you please explain it again? embarassed
Lol hey girl where u been? cheesy

Pigments are those brownish parts that form on the white of the eye-balls. . .check the first pic 4 a mild example.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by MrsChima(f): 2:57am On May 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

@Mrs Chima do u ave any?what do u think about it?

No, I do not. I think it is disgusting and there should be a cure for it.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 2:59am On May 08, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

No, I do not. I think it is disgusting and there should be a cure for it.

Dat's a horrible thing 2 say, how do u expect people who ave it 2 feel?it's not like it's some sort of disese! shocked embarassed

Yes i believe there should be a cure 2.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by InkedNerd(f): 3:31am On May 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Dat's a horrible thing 2 say, how do u expect people who ave it 2 feel?it's not like it's some sort of disese!  shocked embarassed

Yes i believe there should be a cure 2.

Don't mind her. I'm actually intrigued by Africans who have eyes like that. I had a Bajan friend who had eyes like that.

Pweety4me:

Lol hey girl where u been? cheesy

Pigments are those brownish parts that form on the white of the eye-balls. . .check the first pic 4 a mild example.

Ooooooh ok, I see. Gotcha wink
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 4:01am On May 08, 2011
Intrigued ke?to have those brown stuff spoiling the beauty of th eye? shocked sad
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by InkedNerd(f): 4:07am On May 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Intrigued ke?to have those brown stuff spoiling the beauty of th eye? shocked sad

I think they're interesting smiley
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by BABE3: 4:12am On May 08, 2011
@Topic: I ain't gat non.  smiley
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Jenifa1: 4:18am On May 08, 2011
it's common among people living in Nigeria but I don't notice it among Nigerians in the US
so it may have to do with the environment, hydration etc
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Tosinville(m): 4:29am On May 08, 2011
its the dust brutality in africa.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 4:33am On May 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

it's common among people living in Nigeria but I don't notice it among Nigerians in the US
so it may have to do with the environment, hydration etc
Yea, unfortunate tho undecided
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by MsPotato(f): 4:47am On May 08, 2011
Pweety, Pigmentation or dark circles/eye bags?

I know for us Asian, Pigmentation is common to our cheeks but most of us avoid it by putting moisturizer and SPF50 cream.

If its really pigmentation, perhaps you guys could apply SPF50 cream on that area.
Re: Why Is Pigmentation In The Eye Very Common In Black People! by Pweety4me(f): 4:52am On May 08, 2011
^^No not that type, the 1 of the eye, see the first pic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiced UP! Dont Just Drink Ogi/pap! This Type Works Best For You And Your Babies / Make Life Much More With Eternal Energy Cup / Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.