Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society (29507 Views)

The Benefits Of Polygamy In The Modern Society / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by ikenna44: 9:13am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by sergi99(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2021
Gbam!!!

addictiv:

What people forget is with power comes responsibilities, Patriarchy gave men power because men had to go out and build the society, fight wars, invent things, create government and kingdoms and some of them abused it. However the heart of this system was not to subjugate women rather to create a world where women and children could thrive and become better versions of themselves and enjoy the freedoms that they do now. However Women want power not because they want to build society, not because they want to create a better world for men and children, but rather they want power for themselves. But like I said with power comes responsibilities and its the responsibility part that leaves an unsavory taste in the mouth of feminists because they only think about the benefits without preparing to be held accountable for the responsibilities that come with power. So now you have women become the major income earner and head of the house and yet complain about their man that sits at home all day taking care of the homefront. You have women wanting to be given top critical corporate positions and yet want maternity leave that will see them out of duty for months. You see women wanting to head government but want the position to be offered to them on a platter rather than contesting like men do for it.
Men have done an excellent job at shielding women from the harsh realities of life and bearing the brunt alone. However time has come for men to let go, and allow women hold the reins and bear the weight and see what's its really like to truly be in charge. It's only then can both genders truly appreciate that we are not the same and that we need each other to play our different roles in order to survive as a species.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by sun123: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

Lol..
I remember when I dey do NYSC for UYO..
One day I dey bus from PH to UYO..
Driver come dey drive nonsense, na em I caution am in a humane way..
Em no reply me but some young ladies started ranting that i should leave the driver to drive as he likes and bla bla bla..
Naso me blast Dem.. Dem blast me.. naso we exchange words till we reach ikot ekpene, almost close to UYO as the journey continued..
We were only 3 men in the bus excluding the driver...
The ladies were all shocked that I didn't stomach their abuse but returned fire for fire.. I cursed their mothers and fathers.. their stinky cunts and whatnots...
Lol..
E shock Dem.. just as the poster said, when you keep mute, it has a way of making you depressed in the long run, abuse of any kind do affect mental health..
And I would never have anyone either male or female abuse me..
Dem think say I go form gentle man corper.. cos I was wearing the crested polo abi na verst.. me no send.. I Sabi speak all three languages, I curse Dem for hausa, igbo, Yoruba, Pidgin and also fluent English language.. plus small Ibibio too..
I got nothing to prove to them cos I no my self worth, i engaged them thoroughly and defeated all of the ladies in the bus in the war of words.. cos my insults was So Vulgar and laced with Enough body shaming, height shaming, skin shaming and sexual organ curses.. lol..
And I use to travel with that company frequently every two weeks to UYO..
Anytime I meet some of them for park or Bus, don't even recognize them.. I no send anybody na Dem go dey hail me.. Corper Corper.. I go say, do i know you?? Dem go say.. you remember that Bus that day..
Dem go laugh come tell me say make I take am easy say my blood too dey hot..
My dear..
E come be say woman slap me..
I go kill am and go to jail with a smiling face.. Wallahi, I go annihilate am..
Nobody has the Monopoly of madness..

Your last paragraph got me rolling on the fly
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by victons(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2021
faceland:
Make enough money and you can slap as many women as you wish. In fact people would help you slap the women. Ask Bishop Oyedepo.

Anyway, I don't subscribe to beating a women with the same force and aggression you would a manly enemy because they are physically weak. Even if you want to use that type of force, know when to stop because it is not a fair fight. However, a good slap here and there to a female animal that deserves it is okay by me. The same way I wouldn't want to see an adult beat up a toddler with all their might.
Are you comparing women to toddlers
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by deltateam: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2021
kingemaker:
The day my wife hits me will likely be the end of the marriage, however, I'll never retaliate. But if I get hit by one random idiot, I'll so return the favour in 10 folds.

Who are you fooling with the word "likely". Remove "likely" if e sure you.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by dingbang(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2021
Dalil8:

@bolded

Folks pls don't listen to this.

If she abuses you pls abuse her back a thousand times.
why would you follow a dog to bark ?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Midas01: 10:19am On Jun 27, 2021
100%
LadyRosa:
Hmm...

The challenges of being a man in a modern world is the aftermath of precautionary measures the west and other civilized communities has put in place to reduce the brutal roles men played in women's lives in time past. Women have always been at the receiving end of men's egotistical excesses.

" Na woman she be leave am", may also be a reverse psychological to restrain men who on a normal day would never fight their fellow men standing on the street. I have seen men argue at moto parks, swear and curse each other, flex muscles as to what damage they are likely cause to each other, only for them to settle their disputes, go home and beat up their wives, sisters for issues as little as not putting enough meat on their meals.

Funny thing is many Nigeria men will always defend any brutality that will affect their mothers and sisters from their gender, but will want to exercise same thing to other people's female gender. If the thing dey vex you if them beat your mother like thief, why you come won beat another person pikin like thief. Talk about hypocrisy.
Una just won hustle, _4ck, let the woman born, If she no born push am comot carry another, beat them if them talk pass their mouth like the old days?! Na this modern times has really set a good precedence, and in no distant times I see pro women laws sweeping over the entire black continent. That time to do anyhow because say Una get _preek Don pass. These Era olosho dey slaughter billionaires like chicken...that fear e be like say e don dey comot for this generation of women body. After all Agbaya wey expose him big hairy white blockus for small girl hand gats no complain if she set the 'bush' on fire when the _preek 'spit' for her body.

I'm not here to advocate for women who throw the first punch, it's insane to want to fight that kind of battle, but we all know that men usually, more often throw the first punches. You all want a woman who don't nag, who swallow your _bullshiit just so the avoid those punches, you know you just want to get away with being a bully, messing up and expecting the emotional hurt to be swallowed like it's nothing BUT, you can't take half of what you dish if the roles are changed.

Guess what? That time is long gone.
Now women get to _4ck and cheat even better than you do. And you now get to wail and gnash your teeth all over the media. Now you get to open threads lamenting on how we sleep around and why you're gonna opt for being a baby papa as if you still gats to get away with it. Boy, you go Stull hustle bring money for your children and your baby mama go still squeeze some from the money to look good enough to _4ck another man. And if you tlak too much or won get strong head, at your old age when your bones are frail and your _preek looks like the hopeless remains of an overgrilled hotdog, we may get to decide if your children visits you or not.

You guys should stop crying foul, women have been through hell and still trying to manage their lives amidst societal expectations. From being called olosho even if their hustle legit, to being called old hag, then Evening newspapers even to the good ones who's dedicated their lives to their careers, to all manner of demeaning names, yet e no do Una. Make Una rest abeg.

Next complainant please!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by ofiko123(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2021
I doubt if there are challenges of being a man in this date and age...
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by kingemaker(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2021
deltateam:

Who are you fooling with the word "likely". Remove "likely" if e sure you.
Baba, truly, e no sure for me.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2021
ibedun:

The backlash is coming!

Men will adjust to the new realities and will learn to put women in their place. Once men get over that “ownership” mentality and allow every woman to belong to the community, you will wake up from your fantasies.

Women will upgrade too.
* Remember how men were making noise with sex dolls? Claiming they are better off as baby daddies with sex dolls? Today men are bleating up and down l(ike baby goats looking for their momma) over the rate at which girls now become baby mamas.
* Rememberr when men used to brag about sleeping with girls after just giving them ordinary ice cream? Claiming that girls are naive and cheap? Today men are crying that women are demanding too much before dating them.
* Remember how men brag about how they are the bread winners therefore wives must do their every bid? Now men are crying that women are asking them to do their bidding when they become bread winners
Etc etc.

The world evolves not only men.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Jaybee8181(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2021
This society will only succeed in raising more monsters.... Since people don't really care about justice.... They are only interested in what favors their own agenda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by LadyRosa(f): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2021
ibedun:

And you can survive a war with men? It is surely coming. Here in the West the backlash is starting to brew. Check the marital rate and the sheer number of miserable women in society. It’ll scare you!

Marriage is overhyped.
Even in West, men now avoid women like plague and opt for synthetic sex dolls, grin grin grin. Nice to know just to avoid ish, you get to pay for her body and still make her enjoy.

Lick ya wounds man!
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Kennyking1234: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

Lol..
I remember when I dey do NYSC for UYO..
One day I dey bus from PH to UYO..
Driver come dey drive nonsense, na em I caution am in a humane way..
Em no reply me but some young ladies started ranting that i should leave the driver to drive as he likes and bla bla bla..
Naso me blast Dem.. Dem blast me.. naso we exchange words till we reach ikot ekpene, almost close to UYO as the journey continued..
We were only 3 men in the bus excluding the driver...
The ladies were all shocked that I didn't stomach their abuse but returned fire for fire.. I cursed their mothers and fathers.. their stinky cunts and whatnots...
Lol..
E shock Dem.. just as the poster said, when you keep mute, it has a way of making you depressed in the long run, abuse of any kind do affect mental health..
And I would never have anyone either male or female abuse me..
Dem think say I go form gentle man corper.. cos I was wearing the crested polo abi na verst.. me no send.. I Sabi speak all three languages, I curse Dem for hausa, igbo, Yoruba, Pidgin and also fluent English language.. plus small Ibibio too..
I got nothing to prove to them cos I no my self worth, i engaged them thoroughly and defeated all of the ladies in the bus in the war of words.. cos my insults was So Vulgar and laced with Enough body shaming, height shaming, skin shaming and sexual organ curses.. lol..
And I use to travel with that company frequently every two weeks to UYO..
Anytime I meet some of them for park or Bus, don't even recognize them.. I no send anybody na Dem go dey hail me.. Corper Corper.. I go say, do i know you?? Dem go say.. you remember that Bus that day..
Dem go laugh come tell me say make I take am easy say my blood too dey hot..
My dear..
E come be say woman slap me..
I go kill am and go to jail with a smiling face.. Wallahi, I go annihilate am..
Nobody has the Monopoly of madness..
you be literal man
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by frozen70(f): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
MNDY:

With the way things are going, that complex nature is getting out of hand. You depress a man because you think you can badmouth very well or kill him because of "leave-am-na-woman."

My neighbour is now almost a single mother with her husband still alive and still married to her. The man has been away for months now leaving her with the kids. She has been calling him and wanting him back. She must have driven him away with her toxicity.

Men too have their own
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Saintkollyjoe: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
Women cannot win the war if.they declare one. The only problem that can keep a man weakened is 'love'. The neoliberal economic system has ensured that more women shall be poor and wretched. Have little money, you can get an harem
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Kennyking1234: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
onadana:

I was.But I lost my dear,loving,quiet and peaceful wife.It has being turbulent finding a replacement thus I decided to stay on my own for my sanity.
Take heart
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Kennyking1234: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
onadana:

I was.But I lost my dear,loving,quiet and peaceful wife.It has being turbulent finding a replacement thus I decided to stay on my own for my sanity.
Sorry, Take heart
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
sun123:

Your last paragraph got me rolling on the fly

I swear my Gee..
I have never been hit not slapped by a woman before..
So anyone of them that wants to break that record, should be ready to pay with her life..
Simple..

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kennyking1234:
you be literal man

My Gee...
E be like say I dey see you for That Reality Redpill thread...
I hail you baba..

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by ibedun: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
Fiscus105:

They may, but the bottom line is that they deeply understand what they called better half that is why they keep trying to succeed maritally

Meanwhile talk like God that, they will fail again makes ur reason myopic a d childish.

Happy to wager $10k personally with you via Betwise (London), over 5 - 10 years. Game?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by onadana: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Sorry, Take heart

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by onadana: 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hassanmaye:

May God bless you with another good lady though its very difficult to find honestly

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by willybaby(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
blekko101:
Every time I keep wondering if the society is ready for what is coming in a short while. People keep pushing that a man must not hit a woman, no matter what, which is a good thing by the way.

They come all out for you when you do, but smile and make jest when a woman hits or abuse a man in public.

Some will call the man a weakling for not fighting back. The best he will get from some folks is being called a 'real man'.

Real men don't hit women, which isn't a bad phrase. How about 'real women' ever thought of that? He dare not retaliate.

You hear the regular cliché "oga leave am na woman" and women already know this and they are taking full advantage of it.

Women often rain abuses on men in public at the slightest misunderstanding and often take up a notch by charging towards men with the intention of physically abusing them.

They cry fowl and play the victim when the man resist or fight back knowing they will get sympathizers. He will go home traumatized even for days to come.

Even in the so called developed countries for example, a woman's statement is admitted as true until you have a hard evidence to counter it.

Over there lots of men are already scared of getting married because they can lose all they worked for all their life in one twist of event with their wife.

Guess that's what gave rise to the growing trend of baby mama/daddy. Instead of pushing a biased ideology that obviously favours one gender, isn't it better to push a holistic ideology that says no body should hit another cos we are all humans.

We feel hurt the same way irrespective of gender. After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Share your experience of abuse and how you handled it
since I became an adult and got to realise how hypocritical human society is, this inequality has been something have been fighting to correct..

beat no sex, rape no sex, abuse no sex, care and love both sex....
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Gfskw: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Too much to bare
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by apatheticme(f): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
LadyRosa:
Hmm...

The challenges of being a man in a modern world is the aftermath of precautionary measures the west and other civilized communities has put in place to reduce the brutal roles men played in women's lives in time past. Women have always been at the receiving end of men's egotistical excesses.

" Na woman she be leave am", may also be a reverse psychological to restrain men who on a normal day would never fight their fellow men standing on the street. I have seen men argue at moto parks, swear and curse each other, flex muscles as to what damage they are likely cause to each other, only for them to settle their disputes, go home and beat up their wives, sisters for issues as little as not putting enough meat on their meals.

Funny thing is many Nigeria men will always defend any brutality that will affect their mothers and sisters from their gender, but will want to exercise same thing to other people's female gender. If the thing dey vex you if them beat your mother like thief, why you come won beat another person pikin like thief. Talk about hypocrisy.
Una just won hustle, _4ck, let the woman born, If she no born push am comot carry another, beat them if them talk pass their mouth like the old days?! Na this modern times has really set a good precedence, and in no distant times I see pro women laws sweeping over the entire black continent. That time to do anyhow because say Una get _preek Don pass. These Era olosho dey slaughter billionaires like chicken...that fear e be like say e don dey comot for this generation of women body. After all Agbaya wey expose him big hairy white blockus for small girl hand gats no complain if she set the 'bush' on fire when the _preek 'spit' for her body.

I'm not here to advocate for women who throw the first punch, it's insane to want to fight that kind of battle, but we all know that men usually, more often throw the first punches. You all want a woman who don't nag, who swallow your _bullshiit just so the avoid those punches, you know you just want to get away with being a bully, messing up and expecting the emotional hurt to be swallowed like it's nothing BUT, you can't take half of what you dish if the roles are changed.

Now women get to _4ck and cheat even better than you do. And you now get to wail and gnash your teeth all over the media. Now you get to open threads lamenting on how we sleep around and why you're gonna opt for being a baby papa as if you still gats to get away with it. Boy, you go Stull hustle bring money for your children and your baby mama go still squeeze some from the money to look good enough to _4ck another man. And if you tlak too much or won get strong head, at your old age when your bones are frail and your _preek looks like the hopeless remains of an overgrilled hotdog, we may get to decide if your children visits you or not.

You guys should stop crying foul, women have been through hell and still trying to manage their lives amidst societal expectations. From being called olosho even if their hustle legit, to being called old hag, then Evening newspapers even to the good ones who's dedicated their lives to their careers, to all manner of demeaning names, yet e no do Una. Make Una rest abeg.

Next complainant please!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by OCtheKing: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=LadyRosa post=103126608]Hmm...

Next complainant please! A hoe with a miserable and pathetic life consoling herself.
Bitch it will always be a man's world and nothing can change it. Not even ur hopeless feminism
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by OCtheKing: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=LadyRosa post=103126608]Hmm...

Next complainant please!

[A hoe with a useless and pathetic life consoling herself.
Bitch it will always be a man's world. Not even ur hopeless feminism can change that ]
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
LadyRosa:
Hmm...

Next complainant please!

Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hathor5:
Their challenge is how to fight women.

I am not surprised this generation of men has nothing to be proud of.

Do you know the meaning of handicap sha, so how can you people ever be a challenge. in all ramifications of life men when lead.
Bob risky could not face the challenges of being a man, buh today he-she is more success than most females with the real vagina grin show me one female that tried being a man n is close to successful n i wil show yu a man in the labour room. ciao
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by iExplore(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
NairalandProf:

Women are not above the law when it comes to assaulting a man. If there is ample evidence that you acted in self-defense, you are not likely to be arrested in such a scenario.

As a man, you are not allowed to act in self-defense against a woman, regardless of the level of assault from her, otherwise you will be termed a woman beater.
I believe that's the whole point of this write-up.

NairalandProf:

In fact, if a woman is the aggressor and physically attacks you, not only are you legally justified in responding with an appropriate amount of force, but moreover, you can have her arrested, at least in theory.

It's not about being legally justified to retaliate, It's about ↓
They cry fowl and play the victim when the man resist or fight back knowing they will get sympathizers.

NairalandProf:

I say at least in theory because sadly, many police officers might be hesitant to effectuate such an arrest unless of course you have sustained undeniable injuries.

Exactly.
But if reverse should be the case, the police needs no further proof to put the man behind bars even if the lady sustains NO injury. All the police need is a false claim by the lady and the man is done for.

The law highly favour the female gender, yet they always claim to be oppressed.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

I dey fell you my Gee. .
Check the second post on page 4 and see my lengthy story, read and laugh bro..
No time..
I dey clear this Eves Dem doubt on a steady..

That is it. If you form gentle nice looking man all the time, then be ready to be treated as SHIT. I don't even have the time to battle words with them. My own is to give backhand slap. grin
Re: Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society by BigBashiru: 8:44am On Jun 28, 2021
blekko101:
Every time I keep wondering if the society is ready for what is coming in a short while. People keep pushing that a man must not hit a woman, no matter what, which is a good thing by the way.

They come all out for you when you do, but smile and make jest when a woman hits or abuse a man in public.

Some will call the man a weakling for not fighting back. The best he will get from some folks is being called a 'real man'.

Real men don't hit women, which isn't a bad phrase. How about 'real women' ever thought of that? He dare not retaliate.

You hear the regular cliché "oga leave am na woman" and women already know this and they are taking full advantage of it.

Women often rain abuses on men in public at the slightest misunderstanding and often take up a notch by charging towards men with the intention of physically abusing them.

They cry fowl and play the victim when the man resist or fight back knowing they will get sympathizers. He will go home traumatized even for days to come.

Even in the so called developed countries for example, a woman's statement is admitted as true until you have a hard evidence to counter it.

Over there lots of men are already scared of getting married because they can lose all they worked for all their life in one twist of event with their wife.

Guess that's what gave rise to the growing trend of baby mama/daddy. Instead of pushing a biased ideology that obviously favours one gender, isn't it better to push a holistic ideology that says no body should hit another cos we are all humans.

We feel hurt the same way irrespective of gender. After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Share your experience of abuse and how you handled it

if a woman hits you and it's your house, drive out of your house immediately. take her to a police station where she will sign an undertaking not to hit you again.

preferably get her detained there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Skin Rashes; Nurse Told Me 2 Use Visita Plus As Body Cream For My 3wks Old Baby / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Photos Of A Family Of Four Generations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.