Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum (23583 Views)

Germany To Return 7000 Benin Artefacts To Nigeria In October, Build Museum / Some Building Designs (bungalow And Duplex) / Emediong Udnak Uko's Artwork About Lagbaja Exhibited In Cyprus Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by ybalogs(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2021
lexy2014:

What will happen to d present museum ground?
Go to waste nooni
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Ever8090: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2021
12345baba:
So na museum dey worry Edo people?
it is part of development sir,..wetin dey worry your own people and how far have you gone with solutions?..

5 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 27, 2021
lexy2014:

What will happen to d present museum ground?

Anything can happen to it.

There's no shortage of ideas in the development of prime space.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by nairanaira12: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2021
Folasho99:
This is a great development! At least some of our returned looted artefacts can have a HOME!

You sound like a government paid/free apologist

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by channelstravel: 7:04am On Jun 27, 2021
grin
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by southernbelle(f): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2021
This is very welcome, a place where newer generations can visit to learn about the past generations and culture. I have always been concerned about the plan to preserve all these artifacts that have been retrieved. They should make it an interesting and interactive place with good technology, the pieces kept away from direct touch, and if possible, recreate some stories of ancient Edo history in the museum. This should not be an Obaseki project but an Edo project.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by daroz(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2021
Seriously I don’t know why I don’t find interest in things like this? It’s like a total waste of time and money for me.

Meanwhile, visit www.darolist.com to place your free Ads.

1 Share

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by wisdomkid: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2021
12345baba:

People like you makes one say "we deserve this government". Have the Edo people informed you of their problem? Do you know their heritage and why they're building a home for it?

4 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Iceyjayz: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2021
I just hope the money won't be pocketed and the project abandoned, because that's NIGERIAN way of things

2 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Mrpojj(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2021
TripleOh7:

If I was the governor, I'll situate it in the oba's palace grounds and charge him with the maintenance of the project with support from the government of course, after all, the oba is the custodian of the tradition and culture of the people.

But only as long as access to the museum is guaranteed to all and sundry and not closed off because it is on the palace grounds.
And you thinking the palace would be accessible to all and sundry?

5 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by lexy2014: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2021
TripleOh7:

Anything can happen to it.

There's no shortage of ideas in the development of prime space.

Like what? Kindly share some of those ideas. Have u been to Benin city before?
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Zetty177x: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2021
12345baba:

That will generate income for the state. Did u not read that the Queen of England lost £10million pounds from visitors due to the covid 19 pandemic?

4 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by weslay: 7:26am On Jun 27, 2021
While this is laudable. The only thing I expect from this current state government is an operational modular refinery and other strategies to industrialization. With this the economic fortune of the state can be turned around.

2 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:33am On Jun 27, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
What's the impact of this shit......how would it reduce cultism and yahoo yahoo in the state. Obaseki is a really visionless leader.
Which southern state is safe from cultism and yahoo? Stfu if you have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by AleAirHub(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2021
I feel blessed that such a gesture is unveiled in my time.
Proudly Edo Man cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by AleAirHub(m): 7:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Bro don't mind the fella...
Zetty177x:

That will generate income for the state. Did u not read that the Queen of England lost £10million pounds from visitors due to the covid 19 pandemic?

2 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by TheSupleemLeada(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2021
sagitariusbaby:
Which southern state is safe from cultism and yahoo? Stfu if you have nothing to say

None.....but Edo state is the worst. What use is a museum when Edo indigines in the diaspora are too scared to come home cus of fear of cultism and witchcraft. I think you should STFU.

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by cardoctor(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2021
Good job
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by tempusfugit: 7:47am On Jun 27, 2021
Lol Edo people afraid to go home, omo see lies
TheSupleemLeada:

None.....but Edo state is the worst. What use is a museum when Edo indigines in the diaspora are too scared to come home cus of fear of cultism and witchcraft. I think you should STFU.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by favour32(m): 7:48am On Jun 27, 2021
Wey history?
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Almaigaa: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2021
God bless Buhari. If left to this Ugly and incompetent Obaseki, this project will never see the light of the day. grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by TheSupleemLeada(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2021
tempusfugit:
Lol Edo people afraid to go home, omo see lies

Lmaooo........you want them to go home so that some Benin witch will tie down their destiny or get killed by cultists. No make I open una yansh, today is Sunday.
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by tempusfugit: 7:53am On Jun 27, 2021
I don't even know why people loves spreading fake news about other tribes, imagine what this jobless fool!!
TheSupleemLeada:

Lmaooo........you want them to go home so that some Benin witch will tie down their destiny or get killed by cultists. No make I open una yansh, today is Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by TheSupleemLeada(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2021
tempusfugit:
I don't even know why people loves spreading fake news about other tribes, imagine what this jobless fool!!

Kpele..
Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by tempusfugit: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2021
Testa di cazzo!!
TheSupleemLeada:

Kpele..

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by daroz(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Stop saying what you don’t know.
I am Bini and I travel home regularly.
Stop believing all those trash about Edo witches, it doesn’t exist , at least not to my knowledge or to the knowledge of people around me.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Depressed101: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2021
gistnow:
If they Edo state government can accomplish this, then he has done what generations to come will pray and praise him for. Good work!
so true.. No quality museum in edo is the reason why i dont agitate nor sign any petition to return any Benin bronze loot from countries where they currently reside, because I know they are well taken care of in those country, I'm not sure if that will be same if they are returned now...

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2021
12345baba:
lots of jobless youths rooming the streets of Benin, useless govt. Will the meseum put food on our table. Misplacement of priority.

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by bjdon: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2021
TripleOh7:

If I was the governor, I'll situate it in the oba's palace grounds and charge him with the maintenance of the project with support from the government of course, after all, the oba is the custodian of the tradition and culture of the people.

But only as long as access to the museum is guaranteed to all and sundry and not closed off because it is on the palace grounds.

There is simply not enough space in the Oba's place for a state of the art museum. I don't see what the problem, The UK does not store all it's cultural artifacts in Buckingham palace. In fact the queens crown is not stored in palace, its stored in the tower of London. The Oba is the custodian of all Bini artifacts, that is without question, but we also need to mvoe with the times. A state of the art museum will be a tourist attraction that can generate revenue for the state as well as ensure the artifacts are properly maintained. I hope all Bini people wil come together to support this laudable vision

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by bjdon: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

You are welcome to visit Edo state during Christmas and you'll see for yourself that the Edo diaspora have no fear about coming home. Edo no be South East

3 Likes

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2021
bjdon:

There is simply not enough space in the Oba's place for a state of the art museum. I don't see what the problem, The UK does not store all it's cultural artifacts in Buckingham palace. In fact the queens crown is not stored in palace, its stored in the tower of London. The Oba is the custodian of all Bini artifacts, that is without question, but we also need to mvoe with the times. A state of the art museum will be a tourist attraction that can generate revenue for the state as well as ensure the artifacts are properly maintained. I hope all Bini people wil come together to support this laudable vision

How are the two monarchies comparable?

And why do we think we have to copy the Caucasians?

Why do we have an inherent feeling that whatever the white man does is superb?

It's a different thing if the palace ground is not able to contain it.

Maybe you aren't aware that the palace itself could also enjoy an upgrade and become a monument on its own.

Having a museum close by makes it only appropriate.

And if the king is the chief custodian of the museum, then I'm sure he'll pull strings to make sure it doesn't become dilapidated, especially if it's sited close to the palace.

Just citing it anywhere is to waste huge amount of money on a project that will become obsolete in future.

We know how Nigeria is.

Go visit the cultural center in Ibadan or the National Theatre in Lagos and understand why I'm saying what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: FG, Edo Unveil New Pavilion Building Designs For Edo Museum by frankia(m): 11:54am On Jun 27, 2021
I saw one mumu saying weda na museum be Edo problem. U better have brain! Who told u museum is not key to development?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha's Art Works (Basket Mouth's Brother) / Ghana's Fantasy Coffins: Taking The Final Journey In Style / Graphic Artist At Your Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.