Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,967 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ (16150 Views)

N180bn For Delta, Akwa Ibom Got N130bn — N544bn Derivation Fund Was Shared / Chief MKO Abiola Was Secretly A CIA Agent / $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by dre11(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2021
• Ex-prosecutor accuses Malami of frustrating NEXIM Bank’s probe

The House of Representatives Ad hoc Committee on Recovered Loots and Assets of Government, yesterday, heard of how $300 million belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was “hidden in a Polaris Bank account and remained unattended to for years.”

At the resumed public hearing of the panel in Abuja, the lawmakers sought to know from the financial institution the interest that accrued to the money from 2012 till date.

But the bank’s Acting Managing Director (MD), Innocent Ike, insisted that the fund was not hidden, but deposited appropriately by the national oil firm.

But the complainant and former public prosecutor with the defunct Special Presidential Investigative Panel (SPIP) on government assets and loots recovery, Tosin Ojaomo, disagreed.

Maintaining that the transaction was shrouded in secrecy, the ex-prosecutor stated: “The bank did not disclose anything, it secretly kept the money. It was when the presidential panel got wind of the hidden money, arrested the bank managers, interrogated and started prosecuting them that they admitted that the money was with them.”

“Upon discovery, the NNPC petitioned the House in its quest to recover the money having failed to cause the bank to release it on the corporation’s request,”
he added.

The MD also told the committee that the money did not generate interest during the period, stating that current accounts do not yield returns.

According to him, the whole money has been paid to the corporation in tranches, but failed to tender documented evidence to back up his claims as requested by the legislators.

Documents available to the committee showed that about $32 million of the lump sum remained unaccounted for.

The bank chief executive equally denied that the money was dormant in the account, clarifying that his organisation lent out the deposit to oil and gas companies and power sector operators to boost the economy.

In a unanimous resolution, the panel adjourned to another date to enable the bank tender concrete documents backing the payment to the NNPC.

As the committee moved to investigate another fraud petition by Ojaomo against the Nigerian Export Import (NEXIM) Bank, the petitioner disclosed of how funds running into billions of dollars missed from the coffers of the export credit agency.

He said individuals and corporate bodies sitting on the bank’s funds under the guise of loans and other intervention schemes had pledged to refund them and had started actually redeeming their pledges following the intervention of the then SPIP.

Ojaomo alleged: “But unfortunately, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation sat on the case file, (thus) frustrating the efforts of the panel.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/how-300-million-nnpc-fund-was-secretly-lodged/

2 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Nbotee(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2021
If only ppl knew how many accounts NNPC operates

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by madridguy(m): 11:19am On Jun 26, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by slawormiir: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
As in ehnnnn...corruption

Is like We are not actually angry about corruption in this godamnn nation......we are just angry because we are not the ones carrying out the corruption

Anyway what do I know...am just a pussy banger, a weed smoker, a drunkard, a bomber or rather say a key board warrior

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by BigDawsNet: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2021
If this Demn country get Sense

Nigeria should be a first world country

Nigeria should be one of the richest country

Nigeria should be the most favorite destination

Nigeria should have a mature and sophisticated economy

Nigerians should be one of the most happiest people on Earth

Nigerian scientist should partner with NASA and lunch our men in space

Nigeria should have a based point PR Visas for Foreigner

Nigerian passport should get you free access to 250+ countries...

But the reverse is the case embarassed embarassed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Gondonu: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2021
Abeg who is the minister of petroleum? Let's start from there first.Where is Manna? The NNPC have been an endless cesspool of unimaginable corruption by every successive governments.

For this to happen under the famed most sanctimonious anti-corruption czar tells a lot about how the Buhari govt have sunken this country in graft.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by LordGuru1: 11:25am On Jun 26, 2021
The Satanist below me twisting Bible verse to deceive. The killer girl said her Life took a downward spiral turn when she met some evil folks in the Club.
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?
Senseless demonic creature you are. Who defined what True Success is? Someone that joined demonic Cult through addiction to night Clubing/night crawling, killed his child for Ritual and flount his ill-gotten "wealth" is what success is to you! Success to me and all sane Humans that still in this World is when a Kind Soul gets rich as reward for his or her genuine positive impact on lives and progressive Contribution to Humanity. Many Selfish Souls that can't stick to one man or woman get drown into Diabolicalism/Satanism and do secret wicked things against Innocent Humanity, only to flaunt "wealth" to impress, supress and depress. Well, [b]the intelligent ones on NL know you to be a core Satanist that has been demonically reprogramming young minds for Satan on NL. All the shakara of you and your likes is very much about to End as we that stick to Way of the CREATOR shall soon be taken out of here and Rewarded with Real Immortality. What is happening around the World now has proven that this Satanic World System is about to take a new turn for 1,000years when no human being left behind shall own himself or herself. Everyone left behind by the very imminent Rapture shall be will-bondage as slaves to Satan, they shall never be able to do anything to enjoy their own Will unless only things that Satan permit and commands. The killer girl used to brag like you all over Social media without revealing her satanic evil Side(that is what all you wicked Souls do to Depress and Deceive the gullible!) and show off her ill-gotten wealth as a cluber, academic misfit, etc. If she was not caught, many gullible dumbed down folks that sees her "wealth" flauntings would have still been Celebrating her that it is better to live bad Life to be "Successful" quickly as the demonic you have been hyping. Those who Brag to be "successful" through immoral evil ways and secret wickedness to fellow Humans shall soon face the CREATOR of Humanity. tongue

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Wickedtruths: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Malami again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by poshestmina(f): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Is there still money in this Nigeria like this?

Every day/week , someone embezzled million dollars,this one embezzled billion dollars,that one stole million pounds,Efcc recovered jewelries of millions dollars.

I'm tired biko.

1 Like

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2021
shocked
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Born2winKingOG: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Bigger yahoo boys....

3 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Grace001: 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Documents available to the committee showed that about $32 million of the lump sum remained unaccounted for

Snake don swallow $32 million that’s why it remained uncounted for.
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Bofoy4(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Make I shit first I dey come

2 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Blackfire(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
All this people trying to tarnish the image of our Darling president... You will not go free

We the youths of Nigeria are solidly behind our Darling president
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by pacino26(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Since 2012 and TSA didn't capture it? Lots of smart crooks in this nation.
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by CapitalHYC(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Hmmm... THIS COUNTRY EHN
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by superstar1(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Our Fedora wearing Hero and money disappearing are like 5$6.

It was an administration of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. May we never see that type of unpatriotic administration again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by FILEBE(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Vision 2000
Vision 2010
Vision 2020.

I heard Sound Sultan's 2010 song yesterday and i just shook my head. We have been fighing for same thing for decades and we still doesnt look like we will get it anytime sooner.

24hrs electricity is like Rocket science to us.

4 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Odunolumide(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Naija is poor and yet we dey hear say Dem steal trillions everyday day.
Guess poor has a different meaning to the influential.

8 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by SadiqBabaSani: 11:29am On Jun 26, 2021
hw do somone even understand this con3
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Tukor32: 11:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Hardly to find two back to back good news in nairaland

1 Like

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by 400billionman: 11:29am On Jun 26, 2021
$300m
Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by OgeFather(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Nigeria is very rich but bad and corrupt leaders are determined to make it poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2021
Mehn

Diezani will be a Saint oh. When this buharj regime is probed in future shocked

6 Likes

Re: How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ by Nikkganc08(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2021
Say all d evil u wish.

Deep in my heart, I just wish I'd someday, partake in this GREAT sharing of the proceeds our natural resource.

It belongs to US.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Ahmed Abdulkadir & His Daughter, Laila In Katsina / 2023: Frank Nweke Jr Emerges APGA Guber Candidate In Enugu / We Will Win Lagos In 2019, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.