Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student (42594 Views)

October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU / Nigeria @ 60 Recreated By Our Student / "Malik Isn't Our Student" - Osunpoly SUG Clears Air On FUOYE Student Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Iceyjayz: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
playapayaski:
Useless uniben
Hope say uniben no expel you? grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by masakk(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
Was there any place in the deseased body that suggest a toture
wound. Perhaps a rope to bind him or a cloth to gaude his mouth?.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
Onionpurple:

Self defence might reduce her sentence but acting on drugs will not. By “lunatic immunity”, do you mean she might not get the death sentence because that's the only good thing about the defence of insanity . In fact a plea of insanity will have her put away in an asylum indefinitely. She can't rely on that too because being high on drugs doesn't equal insanity. There is a high probability that she might be charged for murder but for manslaughter
Sincerely I really don't know what her case will be but trust lagos lawyers. They will push her case with a plead for the said immunity. I believe the law is not about just having knowledge of it but wisdom to understand to interpretation and it's advantage to you.

After all the law said we must not kill but it's still the same law that says we can kill to protect ourself. . I hope you get what I'm trying to say sir... I'm a person of little words.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Bodyodour:
lawyer?
I'm not... Im studying Political science. Just using common sense about the case.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Chieffoo007: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Make then release the girl jare make i con date her the girl fine
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Iceyjayz: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
MOST UNILAG GIRLS ARE GENERALLY VICIOUS GOLD DIGGERS,YOU CAN DEDUCE THIS FROM WHN THEY GATHER FOR THEIR EVENING GOSSIP angry
Not only gold diggers but alot of prostitutes, anytime I hear unilag "prostitution" comes to my mind.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Skmoda(m): 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unilag must be commended for refusing to be politically correct because Chidinma is innocent until proven guilty.

She's the victim here.
A naive young girl, tricked, bullied, drugged and sexually exploited by a man old enough to be her father.

Considering she was under the influence of drugs when the murder took place, it becomes a case of involuntary manslaughter bordering on self-defense amidst a moment of temporary insanity.
Still don't get why people will just assume she is innocent because she is under drug influence....she is guilty until proven innocent.

She is a bad-ass bi.tch
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Emmhychidi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unilag must be commended for refusing to be politically correct because Chidinma is innocent until proven guilty.

She's the victim here.
A naive young girl, tricked, bullied, drugged and sexually exploited by a man old enough to be her father.

Considering she was under the influence of drugs when the murder took place, it becomes a case of involuntary manslaughter bordering on self-defense amidst a moment of temporary insanity.

So why didn't she meet an elderly person for advice since she's a baby... She 21 a legal adult and should be made to face the wrath of the law... If u think the man is wrong too when u get to where ever the man is u can prosecute the man... The law/ morality is for/against the living and not the dead...

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Bahamas95(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
Before we do some certain things we should think about our family.....Just wondering the kinda pain her parents and siblings are going through now, it's shameful. embarassed

Even the children of the deceased ain't left out, the stigma will be with them for the rest of their lives...... Nigerians sabi look for opportunity to insult person well well. Just imagine say the man pikin get quarrel with he/her classmate you go hear...."Abeg get out! You wey ashawo kill your papa still dey tell me rubbish!"

Uwa di egwu.

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by elonize(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Towersport:
Cheating doesn't pay...

Get your Airtel unlimited data cheat for only #500
Get it at 09057034097
undecidednasoo
But I no believe
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Emmhychidi(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrfreestuff:
You didn't grow up amongst academically strong company. UNILAG has the best Engineering school and that remains the only Engineering school that will never accept you without 6 credits which must include minimum of credit in Further Maths. I particularly know that the dream of every academically strong student, especially those who grew up in Lagos, is to work very hard to secure admission placement in Engineering.
Every UNILAG student gets admission with a result above the minimum requirements of all Nigerian schools and most people hating on UNILAG don't even merit the admission or the pride of the University of Lagos, university of first choice

I'd rather rather go to UI, UNIZIK, UNN. thanks unilag...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by SIRTee15: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
Naturally the school will deny her soon... They just need the police to conclude their investigation. Once she plead guilty at court they will disown her.

Such a shame.... A cheap shame for that matter. Sincerely she is a lucky bitch.... Self defense will be used at the court.... She'll get a minimum of 4 years. Come out and continue her life.

I'm saying this base on the picture of the dead body released. Multitude stab wounds even on the leg of the corpse might go well for self defense after all the deseased was an amateur boxer that posed as a threat to her.

Using the fact that she was also acting on drugs will reduce her sentence. Her lawyer might plead for a lunatic immunity.

Such a waste
You people talking about self defence think naija court is what you see in hollywood court drama.
Nigerian court is all about might and power, especially when it involves murder.
That girl is going to be jailed for life with hard labour provided she's not sentenced to death.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by onadana: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
Naturally the school will deny her soon... They just need the police to conclude their investigation. Once she plead guilty at court they will disown her.

Such a shame.... A cheap shame for that matter. Sincerely she is a lucky bitch.... Self defense will be used at the court.... She'll get a minimum of 4 years. Come out and continue her life.

I'm saying this base on the picture of the dead body released. Multitude stab wounds even on the leg of the corpse might go well for self defense after all the deseased was an amateur boxer that posed as a threat to her.

Using the fact that she was also acting on drugs will reduce her sentence. Her lawyer might plead for a lunatic immunity.

Such a waste

Take this. You need sense.

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by playapayaski: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
[quote author=Iceyjayz post=103109341]Hope say uniben no expel you? grin[/quot

Yeye school, there own nor pass expel n 2yrs suspension.. mtchew abeg eee. U sneeze for class for chemistry department, 2yrs straight up.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by BinamRex: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
CountDracula:
Student stabs a man to death, University says shes still our daughter though we condemn her actions. Is this what human life is worth now? So little value, as if she stole an iPhone. Ah i wonder what human life will be worth in the next 20years

You want them to jump to conclusion and condemn her when she hasn't been tried?

What if she really acted in self-defense? So you condemn someone for acting in self-defense?

Let her be tried and let an impartial judge pronounce judgment, then the university can have grounds to act.

Men, be faithful to your wives, especially when you have good women as wives.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
Skmoda:

We don hear madam lawyer
No vex sir
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Wane2: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
I never knew an administration of a Nigerian university could be this reasonable kudos
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Igwe9(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
yamunla:
MEN!!!!!!

We all need to start praying for God fearing side chic..... angry

grin
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by teepain: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

Such a waste

A very good prosecuting counsel will take this girl to the cleaners fairly easily.

The plea of self-defense will not fly for the following reasons:

(1) Multiple knife wounds makes the self-defense line lame

(2) Not alerting the police authorities or the apartment managers about the attack on the man (even if it was for self defence)

(3) Absconding after the act

(4) Withdrawing from the dead man's account

Those 4 points will make it difficult for defence counsel to successfully pleas self defence as the reason for killing the man.

This lady will most likely get sentenced for murder or at least manslaughter. Hence your 4 years sentence is not gonna happen.

And remember that she was caught with a fake license and international number and these are additional facts that will establish her criminal tendencies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
SIRTee15:

You people talking about self defence think naija court is what you see in hollywood court drama.
Nigerian court is all about might and power, especially when it involves murder.
That girl is going to be jailed for life with hard labour provided she's not sentenced to death.
If she gets a good lawyers she might not sir... The deseased himself is not a saint, pls don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the lady here but even public outrage is minimal over the case... Infact the lady is getting sympathy. Just think about it sir....
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by elonize(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
If say na guy nai do dis to woman ..like as dis case b,na so 1guy case b.whether dis unilag go defend am....wen e reach girl now.they jump to her defense. Naso our Nigeria society b.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by LutanFyah: 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

Such a waste
"Self defence " and she went to his account to withdraw money, "self defence " and she didn't report to the police after "being attacked "?

"Drug induced ", but she remembered to search for his ATM card and head to the bank to rob him?

I hope you're not a lawyer cos your clients will rot in jail.

That biitch is gone cos she will get the death sentence cos all evidences and her confessions points to premeditated murder.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by adeniyilamlek(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Deadliest ass undecided

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Airoflaw(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She's the victim here.

that may be the case but she complicated the whole wahala by withdrawing money from his account...
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Urstinho(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
This is seriouser than I thought. �
May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Onionpurple: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
Sincerely I really don't know what her case will be but trust lagos lawyers. They will push her case with a plead for the said immunity. I believe the law is not about just having knowledge of it but wisdom to understand to interpretation and it's advantage to you.

After all the law said we must not kill but it's still the same law that says we can kill to protect ourself. . I hope you get what I'm trying to say sir... I'm a person of little words.
Not a sir. Lagos lawyers will not push for a plea of “immunity” because such immunity does not exist under law! Lawyers don't go into the court and make magic, they are rules to be followed. The law isn't as straight forward as you think, it's much more nuanced. A plea of self defence won't be approved simply because she said so. After she incapacitated him, why didn't she stop there (proportionality) . Law is not about wisdom to interprete, the bench interpretes the law not the bar. They can suggest their interpretation but it is left for the court to interprete it
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Onionpurple: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
LutanFyah:
"Self defence " and she went to his account to withdraw money, "self defence " and she didn't report to the police after "being attacked "?

"Drug induced ", but she remembered to search for his ATM card and head to the bank to rob him?

I hope you're not a lawyer cos your clients will rot in jail.

That biitch is gone cos she will get the death sentence cos all evidences and her confessions points to premeditated murder.
its not that serious, she's looking at it from the perspective of a layman.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by observanc1: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
2special:
UNILAG won't denie her if she had won laurels outside the school vicinity, they won't wait for police report before honouring her....but the girl is in deep shit especially killing a wealthy family man except the family is not interested in the case, the state can even prosecute her.
did unilag deny her in this particular instance?
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by SIRTee15: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrfreestuff:
Those ones are less competitive universities in terms of admission criteria, they accept 2 sittings and minimum of 5 credits and you obviously don't need to pass Further Maths to study Engineering. Sincerely, you don't deserve University of Lagos if you are not in the top 1% of your set in terms of academic strength.
abeg stop hyping unilag.
The only thing it has over other university is exposure by virtue of location.
I can never allow my daughter attend unilag. its a morally bankrupt institution.
Is it not the uni where lecturers sleep with female students at the staff club.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Chrisland School Teachers Arraigned In Court Over Gang-Sex / I Am Not Taking This! My Baby Girl Deserves The 1st Position. 15as! / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.