Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) (62295 Views)

53-Year-Old Bridge Collapse After Heavy Downpour In Shendam, Plateau / Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by truthstands01: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Tomorrow, someone will tell me he's living in Lagos...centre of excellence.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ariesbull: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
rocknation62:

Even In New York,You Will Find Places Like This...
my guy no dey hype yourself.....Na hurricane
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Reference:

You can imagine someone like this in a position of authority or in a position of influence or responsibility.

Instead of seeking solutions and being cerebral about challenges their minds just yield to primitive, parochial sentiment that offers nothing positive.

My points remain valid.

Lagos has the smallest landmass of all the 36 states in the federation but has the largest population of over 20 million humans without counting dogs, cats, witches and wizards.

People leave their states and regions and migrate without having any job or accomodations to stay.

They leave their governors to embezzle their state funds while burdening Lagos state government.

And then they come online to join in the mockery of Lagos state as dirty city.

What did you expect?

Most of the people flooding into Lagos aren't even in the taxable bracket. So I wonder what they are bringing with them.

So, speak all the grammar you want, the truth will always be the truth.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ariesbull: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
chrisvic007:

Leave the megs city for Lagosians. Go back to your state.

Have you not seen flood in America before? Flood occurs when their is heavy rainfall within a short time and the rate of the rainfall surpasses the rate of drainage. After a few hours, the flood disappears. Go to this same location two hours after the rainfall and see if you'll find the flood.

Yiu might be from Ogun. ...the truth is that flood in NYC is mainly hurricane, tornadoes and weather ...I stay in Lagos also ...Lagos is not well planned
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by uuzba(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
ednut1:
Mega city indeed
Rain should not fall again?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Judolisco(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
ictjobber:
things are still as they were 12 years ago. No change whatsoever... Hmmm. I wonder who deceived the black man that he can run his own country by himself
seriously e b like say na race stuff oh... I can't count 5 black race countries doing well...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Obakashdee(m): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
MadamVanessa:
All my life i haven't seen a state that is overrated and overhyped like Lagos State.

Imagine the so called mega shit undecided
The thing Dey pain you oo
Why na ?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Starzo: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
ekestic1976:

Take a chill, Bros. Even some of the European megacities are often flooded. There's no big deal about that, especially if the city is not much higher than the Sea Level. Some semi-literate minds in Geography and Oceanography wouldn't know this. Flooding isn't always caused by filth and unplanned landscape. Even then, show me which city is planned or is better than Lagos in Nigeria.
abj,uyo, Calabar. should I continue??
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ednut1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

What's the meaning of a mega city? I am darn sure u dont know....anyway ask Google...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by samuel900(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Shut up jor......even ur state Afonja......flooded

MadamVanessa:
All my life i haven't seen a state that is overrated and overhyped like Lagos State.

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Upon all the gutter wey dem dey clear abi dem no clear gutter reach that side?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Flyemmyrate(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
things are still as they were 12 years ago. No change whatsoever... Hmmm. I wonder who deceived the black man that he can run his own country by himself.

Check the history bro.

Clue: Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Myq: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
I lived up to 7 years in that area.
The PDP has a current federal house of Rep member who grew up in that same location, but no help. APC produced the LCDA chairman and all councillors and still no love from them either. I just hope it's not an issue of the grass suffers when the elephants fight. I really can't decipher the issue with fixing that area's canals, drainage and roads. That area is clearly a shame to behold. O Yes, less I forget, it's under Lagos Central Senatorial district presided over by the APC. The residents require urgent help from above to make life easy and illness free.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by abbey621(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
ariesbull:

Yiu might be from Ogun. ...the truth is that flood in NYC is mainly hurricane, tornadoes and weather ...I stay in Lagos also ...Lagos is not well planned

How do you want to plan Lagos? Kick some people out, una say no, tear down houses and illegal structure, una frown face. What exactly is government to do? Even with waste disposal our people refuse to do the right thing, I grew up in Mushin, everytime rain fell heavily na national garbage day. You buy pure water, biscuit, na ground the wrapper dey go, do we think all these things won't have consequences?

If dem start locking people up for pollution, na we go still shout say human right......

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Minjim: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Op, I grew up in Ijeshatedo. Adesina, ijesho road, Omilani, Omolola, Oke onijo, Sanusi, Erelu, Ilamoye, Akeukewe.... I know all those areas.
Please, this looks like a street off Ijesha road.
Kindly confirm.

#Modified
Even in the 80s and 90s when I lived at Ijesha, things are not this bad. I went to Duro Oyedoyin while my sister went to Aguntasolo. We lived between Omolabake and Salami street. The roads aren't this bad.
Oh, Lord, Why is our past better than present?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by BENRAZY(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Omo na rain boot them the wear go out for that area o grin
Inspiration007:
bad drainage system ko no drainage system ni.

If this is Surulere, I wonder how the streets of Ibeju-lekki axis would be like.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
And this na mainland o
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
wunmi590:

And we have federal rep who is a speaker that comes from that surulere....

Only God can save nigeria
Funny enough, he was around Ojuelegba axis some weeks ago to come eat amala. He said he's only around to come see how things is going and check the locale...

That's by the way, the drainages need to maintained collectively and not just expecting some semi-dead beat government to come down and do that.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by cardoctor(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
No be today na. Unless you dont know Lagos. Anything can happen at any time.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by mywells: 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Some days are like that .
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by youngmoney4me(m): 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Omo na wicked people live here
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Sleekfingers: 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
ednut1:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity

Are u enlightened now? That's why they day Google is your friend......now show me your useless state pls
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ednut1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Are u enlightened now? That's why they day Google is your friend......now show me your useless state pls
i dont have your time, run along
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Fanuchi007: 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
I blame this on UGM
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by pricklewane: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Yet GID N Ekenedilichuwu is always filled with refugees from Alaigbo pouring into the overhyped Lagos like sand of the Sahara to slave away their wretched miserable soul.

If anyone as right to complain about Lagos it is definitely not you despicable lot.

MadamVanessa:

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Biggers82(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
Make una call Joe Igbokwe the Yoruba Gutter Commissioner
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Adakintroy: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
If sonwo olu stay 8yrs complete all of una weh de abroad de run una mouth go come back home.

The man is a infastructurer beast. His octoporus hands is attending to numerouse roads at ones. Quick of the mark he is. Lagos don hit Jack port with this one.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
ekestic1976:

Take a chill, Bros. Even some of the European megacities are often flooded. There's no big deal about that, especially if the city is not much higher than the Sea Level. Some semi-literate minds in Geography and Oceanography wouldn't know this. Flooding isn't always caused by filth and unplanned landscape. Even then, show me which city is planned or is better than Lagos in Nigeria.
Abuja better pass Lagos and this is obviously a case of blocked gutters, some people dump their refuse in the gutters can you imagine? Those cities you are calling are flooded because of rising sea level.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Jackson105: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
MadamVanessa:

You rapidly need sense, even some places in US get flooded.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by chaloskyx: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
LADIES AND GENTLE MEN THE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE LAGOS STATE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.