Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. (2581 Views)

Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette / Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? / Minimum Wage: Buhari Has Scammed You, PDP Tells Nigerian Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Bialegend(m): 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
It's getting clearer day by day. It shall never be well with those that banned history in our schools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJLE8GGmY-I
How Oba Erediauwa of Benin caused the Nigerian Civil War.

1 Like

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Upton: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Show us the memo
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by mrvitalis(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oga I'm sure a core northerner advised him to do that same way abacha advices saro wiwa

That's their way ...same way north caused the issue between awolowo and zik , same when they pushed tinubu against south same way they used n dumped rochas same way they used ameachi and about to dump him

After u do it they would reward u with a very big but useless position , vice president , fiance Minister , speaker of house of reps , SGF , chief of defence staff , mins of information etc

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by flamingREED(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Every effort is now targeted at breaking the budding southern alliance.
But the most High will frustrate them all!
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by mightyhaze: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Never.. He couldn't have. He and his dad loved the Igbos
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by AroleOduduwa2: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
These people with their divide and rule tactics

2 Likes

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Asgard73: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Is normal...

North is the political power base of Nigeria...

.... and whatever they want .. they get.

In 2023.. after all noise from south.. power wil return to them.

.... and lives goes on.

1 Like

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
the oba of benin a very intelligent and educated man brought to light the rubbish gowon signed with ojukwu.

he never caused the civil war, it was ojukwu that caused the civil war that got the dot nation conquered by the Nigeria state

6 Likes

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Unigrad: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Asgard73:
Is normal...

North is the political power base of Nigeria...

.... and whatever they want .. they get.

In 2023.. after all noise from south.. power wil return to them.

.... and lives goes on.
You are so myopic.
Both regions need each other to win presidential election. You have to win 25% of votes in 24states and majority of votes to become president. The northern states are 19 and some are not fully northerners.

2 Likes

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by dederocs(m): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
obehi247:
the oba of benin a very intelligent and educated man brought to light the rubbish gowon signed with ojukwu.

he never caused the civil war, it was ojukwu that caused the civil war that got the got nation conquered by the Nigeria state
You are on point, Ojukwu started the civil war by trying to take port Harcourt, and crossing into Ore from Onitsha, and these states are not biafra states. The federal government had to respond, these incidents happened rather quickly, he was just pushing his luck, as he neither has what it takes to defend his home base, talk more of taking other states, but like I said, the FG responded rapidly. Most ibo youths don't know history, Ibos carried out the first coup https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat killing Sardauna Ahmadu Bello, and Tafawa Balewa, along with their wives. These were not just political, but religious leaders of the Northern constituents, the North carried out a revenge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Easternmind(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
obehi247:

he never caused the civil war, it was ojukwu that caused the civil war that got the got nation conquered by the Nigeria state
How did he cause the war?,I want to hear explain it here,isn't it the NG that sent troops to the east to cause havoc?
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by 7lives: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
obehi247:

Biafran army eventually invaded Benin, what were they doing trying to annex Benin or is this invasion part of the Aburi agreement?.
Ojukwu started the needless war, no one should blame Oba of Benin.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Ceenaija(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
7lives:

Biafran army eventually invaded Benin, what were they doing trying to annex Benin or is this invasion part of the Aburi agreement?.
The way people think makes me wonder is anything wrong with our conscience.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
7lives:

igbo are not calculative, and they always make careless statement and action. if igbo are logical with political ideas biafra would have been achieved a long time ago

2 Likes

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
Easternmind:

How did he cause the war?,I want to hear explain it here,isn't it the NG that sent troops to the east to cause havoc?

if you are igbo, remove all form of ethnic bias and study the pre and post independent Nigeria and understand the Nigeria state better, because it would help you talk the Nigeria political system with authority and people will respect you
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
dederocs:

You are on point, Ojukwu starred the civil war by attacking port Harcourt, and crossing into Ore from Onitsha, and these states are not biafra states. The federal government had to respond. Most ibo youths don't know history, Ibos carried out the first coup https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat killing Sardauna Ahmadu Bello, and Tafawa Balewa, along with their wives. These were not just political, but religious leaders of the Northern constituents, the North carried out a revenge.

yes of course. most igbo people think i hate igbo but the truth is that i don't, i just want igbo people to see and say the truth the way it is without any form of bias

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Ategberoson(m): 12:35am On Jun 27, 2021
ojukwu will always be a disappointment, reading how the civil war started, I hate him more. till date I don't know why Igbo see someone that destroy millions of lives as hero

it's obvious Igbo see bad people as more valuable and Hero. the inequity of justice is the foundation of the civil war, bias in justice of Gen Aguiyi Ironsi of not publicly persecuting those involved in the first coup (killing of western and Northern leaders) if Michael Okpara had been killed during the attacked, the breach of trust wouldn't have escalated to the level Northerners were left with no choice than to retaliate

now to the civil war? why attack ore and Ph when you don't have enough mechanism for war? you Igbo made average aboki who once believed in secession to see secession as war

the Genesis of Nigeria problem is caused by Igbo, you people put the rest of Nigerians in the hand of aboki with the propose of unitary of govt. thank God ironsi died at that time, he could have done more of silly things just to justify one Nigeria

we are in this mess together

1 Like

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by afube: 4:24am On Jun 27, 2021
dederocs:

You are on point, Ojukwu starred the civil war by attacking port Harcourt, and crossing into Ore from Onitsha, and these states are not biafra states. The federal government had to respond. Most ibo youths don't know history, Ibos carried out the first coup https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat killing Sardauna Ahmadu Bello, and Tafawa Balewa, along with their wives. These were not just political, but religious leaders of the Northern constituents, the North carried out a revenge.

See this unschooled wretch yapping rubbish, better go reread your history mumu man!!
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by naijaking1: 5:04am On Jun 27, 2021
A normal country would have a system of evaluating past policies like this not just as a history lesson, but to prepare for the future.

1 Like

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by eagleu: 5:14am On Jun 27, 2021
naijaking1:
A normal country would have a system of evaluating past policies like this not just as a history lesson, but to prepare for the future.

Reason why they don't teach history again?
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Tinubuadvocate: 5:48am On Jun 27, 2021
Very laughable.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Ifearnoevil: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2021
dederocs:

See as this one is basking in ignorance grin
Ojukwu attacked Port Harcourt cool
And the fact that you have been here since 2010 shows you are not young person and here you are speaking in ignorance with so much glee.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2021
Lol.

He didn't cause it per se. (The major actors in the civil war could have chosen to go another direction)

But yes, he did facilitate it and the subsequent rot and dysfunctionality we are facing in Nigeria today.

Do good always cos, the evil that men do lives after them.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by mbaise1000: 8:16am On Jun 27, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Upton:
Show us the memo
As in where are the cows?
ALWAYS afraid of the truth,
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by mbaise1000: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
mightyhaze:
Never.. He couldn't have. He and his dad loved the Igbos

But this action here doesn't show he doesn't like the igbos, it might be that he likes nigeria the way it was then, it's not about only igbos then and even now, I think what he thinks today or after matters more than the action he took then. Just that we can't know
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by dederocs(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2021
Ifearnoevil:

See as this one is basking in ignorance grin
Ojukwu attacked Port Harcourt cool
And the fact that you have been here since 2010 shows you are not young person and here you are speaking in ignorance with so much glee.
Counter my argument with facts, stupid disillusioned ipob youth.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by dederocs(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2021
obehi247:

yes of course. most igbo people think i hate igbo but the is that i don't, i just want igbo people to see and say the truth the way it is without any form of bias
They are ethnic brainwashed bigots, they will always be biased.
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by escapefromusa(f): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2021
flamingREED:
Every effort is now targeted at breaking the budding southern alliance.
But the most High will frustrate them all!

What alliance?

Rubbish... attach by force
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Perfectbeing(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2021
Wait o.. So no Igbo man caused the war at all. It's always outsiders that caused the war and not Igbos. Now they've shifted to blame to Slawomir's people..
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by KingOKON: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Wait o.. So no Igbo man caused the war at all. It's always outsiders that caused the war and not Igbos. Now they've shifted to blame to Slawomir's people..

You don't know?
They are the sweetest, loving, caring, humble, easy going tribe from Israel... Biafrans are ever Innocent and nice just like their darling KANU
Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by 4ckyou: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOKON:

You don't know?
They are the sweetest, loving, caring, humble, easy going tribe from Israel... Biafrans are ever Innocent and nice just like their darling KANU

lolz

1 Like

Re: HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR. by Ifearnoevil: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
dederocs:

Counter my argument with facts, stupid disillusioned ipob youth.

See mumu.
Where do I start educating you ignorant mofo.
In your ignorance you think Nigeria of 1967 is Nigeria of 2021.
How can you say Ojukwu attacked Port Harcourt?
Was Port Harcourt your father's compound?
You foolish SWners will never seize to amaze me.
All this rubbish will end one day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Got From Chicago State University Concerning Tinubu's Certificate / Imo Students To Present Tax Certificates For Admission / Dino Malaye Exposes Stella Oduah Actual Prizes Of BMW Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.