Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (79960 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / System Restarts Repeatedly / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by BayoMaya(m): 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2007
i just dont know is the problem with one of my ppls PC, the computer restarts reaching the windows XP logo when booting up, this started with other problems and was attended to and now the problem is restarting during the bootup, i changed the CPU fan and on with new ones but same it goes can i get an helping hand in here?
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Ralvy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2007
I have experienced the same problem. It is possible that ur computer is infected with a worm called Brontok and it has reached the peak. If you are willing to format the system, go ahead & it will bring the system back to normal, but if that is not what you want; Download the latest version of Hiren's boot CD from the following urls:

http://rapidshare.com/files/31932355/HBCD9.zip
http://www.divshare.com/download/501194-5ea
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cyb97p

You can use any of the download mirrors, the file is like 75mb. when you finish downloading the zip file, extract and u get an iso. file. Get a blank disc and burn the iso. file using nero. the option on nero should be "burn cd image". After burning completes. Boot from cd on the infected computer, the cd offers virus deletion and many other useful utilities. When scanning the computer, select automatically delete all viruses found, this will surely delete some important windows files but will not stop the computer from booting. After that, I would advise you to repair your windows installation using an XP cd.

Otherwise; you can install a fresh copy of windows on the same partition as the former windows installation, this will make it possible for your computer to boot and then you can use a brontok cleaner to remove the virus. You can download Brontok cleaners from the following links:

http://www.compactbyte.com/cav/cav-0.91-package.zip
http://www.gdata.pl/~szczepionki/eng/download/remover.exe
http://www.sophos.com/support/cleaners/brontgui.com
http://jeruk.padinet.com/~ertanto/software/bw-beta.zip
http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/files/Download/en/AntiBrontokA-en.exe

NOTE; that this brontok washers can only work when you have installed a fresh copy of windows. Remember not to delete the partition or you may loose your data, just install on a different folder.

4m your boy Nerve.
I hope this helps,

Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by BayoMaya(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2007
oh, i already formatted it several times and its still all the same, i dont think its Brontok but thanx by the way if you have any other solution pls reach me, ur man Bayo
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by kelechiodo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2007
I had the same problem once and I ended up formatting the disk. Yet the problem persisted. And because I did not want to waste precious time further, I just changed the hard disk and every became ok
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Ralvy(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2007
Bayo-Maya:

oh, i already formatted it several times and its still all the same, i don't think its Brontok but thanx by the way if you have any other solution please reach me, your man Bayo

I didn't say u shuld format, use Hiren's bott cd, If that dosent work, get back tu me. wink
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by rasque(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2007
I had such a problem once and it was just the time and date settings that was wrong cos.
All i did was to set the date from command prompt.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by rasque(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2007
I had such a problem once and it was just the time and date settings that was wrong cos.
All i did was to set the date from command prompt.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2007
Bayo-Maya:

i just don't know is the problem with one of my ppls PC, the computer restarts reaching the windows XP logo when booting up, this started with other problems and was attended to and now the problem is restarting during the bootup, i changed the CPU fan and on with new ones but same it goes can i get an helping hand in here?

all you need to do is 'slaving' , find a computer of same brand and model with your system, and connect your hard-drive to that system but your hard-disk should be set to the slave status, power up the system the OS of the other system should be able to repair your hard-disk.

this problem is from the OS, this should solve your problem, no need of your changing your hard-disk
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by ishmael(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2007
Check the RAM; if possible use a new one of the same configuration to see if the system will still behave that way. If it does then use the Operating System (Win XP) CD to repair the OS. You can do that by booting from CD and selecting Repair. Try it, it will surely work.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by BayoMaya(m): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2007
oh im done with it now, i mean theproblem is solved, i realised it was the combinations i used, i use UPS, Stabilizer and Generator altogether, this overprotects it, and increases the power so that any shake in voltage affects the PC and the Powerpack cant handle it, it then distorbs the motherboard, thats why it persisted even when i got a new motherboard, i then changed the powerpack like 3 times, i stopped using UPS, now i used just Stabilizer when im on generator and UPs only with AC.

This happened to another person in which the problem isnt the use of UPS and generator but the OS (XP service pack 2 plus Professional) isnt compartable for his PC but it works on other so he thinks it his computer but then tried another and it worked
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by mrwinter: 12:10am On Jul 08, 2008
ralvy i have a similiar problem to his where it restarts at the first windows logo and that hirens boot cd didnt work because it didnt load anything when i told it to boot the cd drive it also occasionally shows a blue screen just before turning off
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by playsafe: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2008
try to change your memory with another one.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by mrwinter: 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2008
please may you explain this a bit more
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by royalsuc: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2008
Dont format your system call 08084824901 for solution free.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by audui(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2008
Well you could format, Note you would lose everything in your system. I would rather suggest you run a Repair on ur system , by booting with your CD(windows OS ) and when prompted on the Log on screen: press Enter , then "R" to repair your sys installation, Your problem is likely a corrupt OS. goodlock
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by BigStar1(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2008
Hi, I have similar problem but my own include a kind of foolish mistake which is forgeting BIOS password.

Do I have hope?
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Urhoboboy1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2008
Big star its easy all u nid do 4 d bios psword is 2 reset ur bios settings n afta dat u cn run OS repairs wit ur installation cd, Dis happens wen ur OS is corrupt, if d problem continues den try 2 boot in safe mode, bak up ur important files den format ur sys n run a new OS installation, My guy goodluck
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by smallboy2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2009
Your Boot Sector has corrupted. This because the Software we use here are all piracy.
That is why i use Window XP Unlimited. Becasue i am into programming and have understood there secret, i decided to use xp unlimited. Even if PHCN or NEPA takes light, because of little programming i did on my system, my PC is SAFE when i boot nothing happens.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by GoodMuyis(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2009
All the contributions are good

AM USING XP-SP3 Ultra Edition (By MSFN) and i dont use to shut down my laptop when the battery run off it will just go off and i never see:

Blue Screen or System restart during booting
================================

To the main man

But i will advice to reinstall the xp again, but during the installation on the first screan, instead of pressing enter to continue, you will see an option that "Press R to repair using recovery console"
And then follow the next instruction well such as selecting
*keyboard type,
*Selecting operating system(if you only have on press 1 and enter key to continue)
*Login with your user account(if you dont have password just press enter to continue)

Now the only command for all this is

chkdsk /r (that is checkdisk /repair)

and leave it to finish the disk check then restart. you Computer should then boot, if not try and reinstall it again
=====================================
Now to the MAN that lost the bios pass word install your XP on another system the follow the steps bellow

Really easy (but this only works if the original motherboard and harddrive still work).
After the installation, Open the run box (or Window key + R) then type in "devmgmt.msc" without the qoute.
Find the IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and expand the tab,[b](not the primary or secondary controller)[\b] but right-click the first controller. choose update driver.
*choose the option to install from a list or specific location.
click next.
Now choose the (don't search.I will choose the driver to install) option.
click next.
Now highlight the Standard Dual Channel Pci Ide Controller.
Click next.
The Standard controller will install.
Now reboot and log in.
The standard controller is completely installed.
You can now shutdown the computer, remove your harddrive, and it will boot on any new motherboard.
I've done this 24 times on 12 different computers. it works.
=====================================
I will add this topic to my Forum follow-up
IF THAT DID NOT WORK REPLY SOON AN WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT

Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by denny4ril: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2010
i had a similar experience and had to format my laptop hard drive
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by luvlykris: 12:18pm On May 31, 2010
i also have the same problem and my computer refuses to boot from cd or usb, so im practically left wid no access to my comp,
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by matty85: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
I keep getting a blue screen message telling me to check my hard drive then the computer restarts every time I get to the windows logo. The hard drive is fine when i put in into another laptop though cause it boots right up that way. And when I put a different hard drive in the busted laptop I get the same blue screen error. I even reformatted the hard drive and that did nothing. I've done hard resets and nothing. I think its a problem with the bios but not sure. this happened once about 2 weeks ago and i repaired windows and it was fine. But nothing works this time.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by cystein(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
I want to believe the machine in question is a clone. if yes buy branded pc to avoid hardware conflict
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Mobinga: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2010
Its a reboot loop. Its very annoying
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by ashish12: 8:34am On Jan 24, 2011
Dear All,

I m also facing the issue where my PC restarts while booting and doesn't get to Windows (Windows XP).

As suggested by GoodMuyis I performed the following steps (but could not able to solve the problem):

1. Reinstalled the xp.
2. Used the option---- "Press R to repair using recovery console"
3. Used the option---- "Selecting operating system(if you only have on press 1 and enter key to continue)"
4. Ran the command---- chkdsk /r
5. After completion of disk check restarted the system

RESULT: The issue remained there. I repeated the above steps but the issue is still there.

Please suggest if this is a hard disk issue.

If you need any more information please reply.

Please help me in solving this problem. Even a single reply will count,

Thanks and regards
Ashish
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Mobinga: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2011
Try installing another operating system.
Insert your harddisk into another pc and check whether you can back up.

This has happened to me before, I simply installed windows 7 on the other partition. Windows worked and Xp worked.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by ashish12: 6:21am On Jan 27, 2011
I tried installing another OS --Ubuntu but the sestup hangs after starting and shows a black screen.

Also, I performed the following steps:

1. My machine have two RAM cards--one is 128 MB and the other one is 256 MB.

2. I took out the both and then inserted only 128 MB card.

3. Then performed the WinXP installation and Ubuntu but couldn't install due to restart problem. lipsrsealed

Please suggest if I need to take out some other hardware from the system.

--Ashish
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Mobinga: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2011
Your hard disk is gone, mate. Try to back up your files if possible. Then just get a new hard disk.
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by ashish12: 7:51am On Jan 27, 2011
Dear Mobinga,

Please suggest how did you diagnose that the hard disk issue is there,

I have an observation:
While installing WinXP when I selected repair option, it gives me a command prompt. From this command prompt I am able to view the directories and files in d:\ drive of hard disk(I installed Win XP on C:\ drive).
As I am able to view the contents of one of the drives of Hard Disk then does this mean that hard disk issue is there??

Please suggest,

--Ashish
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Mobinga: 10:31am On Jan 27, 2011
ok try using the chkdisk/r method again. Are your installation discs genuine?
ensure all your cords are properly connected.
Try inserting your harddisk into another system and boot up.

are you nigerian?
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by ashish12: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2011
I ran chkdsk /p which showed me that "there are errors on the disk"
Then I ran chkdsk /p in order to recover.

After this I again ran chkdsk /p which did not show mw any error.
Now I will test the disk on another system adn will update.

I am INDIAN, and U?

--Ashish
Re: Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only by Mobinga: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2011
Ok. Good. Test it and give me a feedback.

This is a Nigerian site. I am Nigerian

(1) (2) (Reply)

Creating Funny Viruses With Your Notepad / Unlock Your Mtn, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel And Multilinks Modem Here! / How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.