Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please (1172 Views)

Why God Allow Adam And Eve To Err In The Garden / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2021
I am a Christian and when ever I think about the plan of God for man from the beginning, the garden of eden, Adam and Eve. We were made to understand that the plan of God was to make man in his own image and make him eternal like him but the disobedience of Adam and Eve destroyed that plan and brought death.

Now my question is if Adam and eve did not disobey death won't have entered from the beginning. That means if people don't die the population of this world would keep increasing. Is overcrowding not the effect of this? What about earth's resources can it cater for like hundreds of billions of people living on earth?

Only God knows how old this earth is let's say people who have lived on this earth at a time are still here plus our present generation what would have happened. I can't imagine the overcrowding.

At times I would start doubting that God wanted us to live forever from the beginning. Nairalander's please what's your take on this.
Mods please help me push this to FP I need answers. Help a curious soul.

Cc: lalasticlala OAM4J

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by illicit(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2021
What will we eat?
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Redomi(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Oyinbos will still be enslaving us
Idi-Amin will be Uganda president till eternity
Abacha will rule Nigeria forever.
Tinubu will rule Lagos forever
People will not serve God
There will be law that forbid couples to have more than 1 child.

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2021
illicit:
What will we eat?

Exactly. Overcrowding and the rest. Earth's resources would be depleted I can't imagine the suffering. Anyway I believe God's word but my curiosity at times.

2 Likes

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by orisa37: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2021
THE BLESSING OF ADAM AND EVE IS TO GO OUT THERE, MULTIPLY AND DIE. GOD PLANNED THAT FROM THE BEGINNING.

3 Likes

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2021
orisa37:
THE BLESSING OF ADAM AND EVE IS TO GO OUT THERE, MULTIPLY AND DIE. GOD PLANNED THAT FROM THE BEGINNING.

This goes against the book of Genesis. We were taught that Adam and Eve were created in God's image which represents Immortality and eternal radiance but sin cut that off. It destroyed the eternal nature of God in them and God pronounced that from dust they were made and to dust they shall return.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by tobechi20(m): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2021
Sensible question

2 Likes

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by MITCHELL96: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2021
I swear, The earth would have been over 100 Billion people grin
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Amotolongbo(f): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Exactly. Overcrowding and the rest. Earth's resources would be depleted I can't imagine the suffering. Anyway I believe God's word but my curiosity at times.
That is a big lie.

Necessity is the father of invention.

The earth can’t be overcrowded and no resources will be totally depleted.

We would have learnt how to live elsewhere than the lithospheric part of the earth and other spaces, we would have gone technologically to invent needed resources for survival
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Splinz(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Only God knows how old this earth is let's say people who have lived on this earth at a time are still here plus our present generation what would have happened. I can't imagine the overcrowding.

If it is believed that God is the creator of the universe, with earth being the inhabitable planet for man. Also that, there are other planets in which there are no living things, you know, kind of "empty rooms", don't you think at worst, any of these rooms could have been converted to man's estate? I'm also thinking like a man.

And when the wisdom of God is applied, shall He who created ALL things not know how to sustain His own creation? For this is His wisdom, "With God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That is a big lie.

We would have learnt how to live elsewhere than the lithospheric part of the earth and other spaces, we would have gone technologically to invent needed resources for survival

Ok o..
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Rickyzagy: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Everything is all about understanding.

Untill you know why there's space exploration then you will understand that death is like compressing a file to reduce it size..

In the end, the dead shall rise and there shall be no death again

But before then, humans need to be controlled that's where the 666 come to play. And the time is no longer far from us.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Freestainworld(m): 9:20am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:
I am a Christian and when ever I think about the plan of God for man from the beginning, the garden of eden, Adam and Eve. We were made to understand that the plan of God was to make man in his own image and make him eternal like him but the disobedience of Adam and Eve destroyed that plan and brought death.

Now my question is if Adam and eve did not disobey death won't have entered from the beginning. That means if people don't die the population of this world would keep increasing. Is overcrowding not the effect of this? What about earth's resources can it cater for like hundreds of billions of people living on earth?

At times I would start doubting that God wanted us to live forever from the beginning. Nairalander's please what's your take on this.

Cc: lalasticlala OAM4J if you follow the genealogy of man from the beginning after they sinned, they where Living hundreds of yrs before fathering a child, who knows, if sin had not been here, people would be Living thousands of yrs before they think of getting married.

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Workch: 9:24am On Jun 27, 2021
If humans dont die, we will deplete the resources very fast and it will collapse the system.
A lot of organisms including humans will be extinct and by now. This is because the resources is finite and a growing population will deplete it and the ecosystem will collapse.
And by the way, the Adam and Eve story is a lie. It never happened

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Conner44: 9:27am On Jun 27, 2021
yes our heavenly father in his infinite wisdom never created humans to suffer nor die, the almighty moulded adam from clay, eve from adams ribs and would have moulded other humans too gradually to fill up his beautiful garden had it been that eve didn't connive with the serpent to destroy the almighty's plans forthe human race.

it was after eve played with the serpent and ate the apple that her eyes opened and she saw that the body of that snake resembled an appendage that adam had on himself but didn't know how to use, she really enjoyed how the snake played with her so she had to show adam what he was missing.

it was after adam tasted the apple eve gave to him that his eyes opened to notice eve had perky tits and a nice veejay, he was also pleasantly surprised to find out that his dangling rope had become a stiff and long throbbing pole and after eve proceeded to show him how to hoist his flag he knew he had finally found the essence of his existence. no more eating banana and jumping upandan the bush naked again after that faithful day.

when the almighty saw what his erstwhile faithful creations had become he decided to take a very long break from doing further clay sculpting and rib stealing and cast out his two abominations to roam the world and continue playing with their flags and poles, whatever resulted from their tomfoolery would fall squarely on their shoulders to carry.

so the almighty left his former job of clay and bone sculpting to their hands, but of course eve never realised that she would be 'shitting bricks' from that day onwards lol. how very apt a punishment for her treachery.

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by josh123(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

I think God only intended on creating only Adam, he created eve because Adam was lonely. He never intended from the onset for them to multiply. He created the garden for Adam only but eve later came to be his helper. If they had not eaten the forbidden fruit, they would still be alive today, only two of them and we would not have existed.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2021
josh123:
I think God only intended on creating only Adam, he created eve because Adam was lonely. He never intended from the onset for them to multiply. He created the garden for Adam only but eve later came to be his helper. If they had not eaten the forbidden fruit, they would still be alive today, only two of them and we would not have existed.

Really? But God said they should multiply. That means they should procreate.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by josh123(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Really? But God said they should multiply. That means they should procreate.
Was it in Genisis God told them to multiply?? If it is, then tell me the verse and chapter
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:39am On Jun 27, 2021
josh123:
Was it in Genisis God told them to multiply?? If it is, then tell me the verse and chapter

Genesis 1:27-28

[27]So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

[28]Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by josh123(m): 9:44am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Genesis 1:27-28

[27]So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

[28]Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
hmm mm, I concour u have a point
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by josh123(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

I wonder why God created the forbidden fruit the first place if he doesn't want them to eat it. Even if Adam and eve didnt eat the fruit, their children would have eaten it. What was the purpose of the forbidden fruit in the garden self. If God had not placed it there, everything would have been fine
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2021
josh123:
I wonder why God created the forbidden fruit the first place if he doesn't want them to eat it. Even if Adam and eve didnt eat the fruit, their children would have eaten it. What was the purpose of the forbidden fruit in the garden self. If God had not placed it there, everything would have been fine

That's it.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Now my question is if Adam and eve did not disobey death won't have entered from the beginning. That means if people don't die the population of this world would keep increasing. Is overcrowding not the effect of this? What about earth's resources can it cater for like hundreds of billions of people living on earth?...

Simple now! God will just Expand This House or Add Another one or some other interesting solution that does not involve death!

True Omo'nile no dey fear say e no get House because e get many children.

House dey always plenty for Ihn Land.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by OkCornel(m): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2021
Perhaps the plan was for humans to evolve and transit to other realms of existence without dying. That way, they’re not fixed on the physical earth, and earth’s resources won’t deplete.

Caveat: I started with the word PERHAPS.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by kingxsamz(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2021
josh123:

In that story, It was planned to happen that way. an omniscient and omnipotent being who isn't careful enough. Makes no sense, lol.

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Casham: 11:01am On Jun 27, 2021
I am not a religious person, but look at it this way: people who die at 80 built this world you see. We built technology and made great advances in science. Imaging what we would do if we could each live for, say, 10 000 years. Imaging the knowledge and understanding we would each amass. So we would find a way around it. We wouldn't be this rash and desperate. And from the Genesis narrative, Man was meant to be a co-creator with God. I think Earth was only meant to be the garden. I think this earth was just the garden of Eden because Adam was meant to expand it from the little original location to a global one. I believe Mars, Venus, and probably Europa would've been a task given to us to turn into something like earth. Earth is obviously a testing ground for something cosmic. With our individual years of amassed knowledge, we would've colonized other planets and satelites and probably gone far into our galaxy and beyond. We were meant to be cosmic beings beyond just this blue/green garden.

2 Likes

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Image123(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2021
Hanibbal:

Lol, we did not have the kind of population explosion that we have had in the last century ALWAYS. World population in 1000AD was around 310million, 1900 around 1.6billion and in 1960 over 3billion. Another 60years later and we are around 8billion. So population growth has being more of exponential recently. And BTW, we are not too many oh. It is just that we do not know how to manage resources.
Area of land is about 150 billion meter square. If you do the Maths, it fits us all, not to now mention working with storey buildings and skyscrappers. If you know the amount of food, water, energy etc that is being wasted, you would probably blow the trumpet immediately. Nonetheless, the plan was never for us to remain here on earth alone or forever. The initial inhabitants were not confined here.

Man was made to choose between the tree of life and the other tree. Earlier, man lived very long despite not eating the tree of life. They would die at some point though, so it was not automatic eternal life. Eternal life was lost by Adam not eating the tree of life, not by Adam eating the other tree. Remember he was sent out of Eden before he could eat the tree of life.
Let's pick it up from there i suppose.

Edited

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2021
Earth means physical realm man has rights to move to other places like Mars etc
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Casham: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2021
josh123:
Then what did he mean by "be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth." That command came even before Eve. The intention was to turn the whole earth into a global Eden before replicating it in other planets and satelites. Imagine what even just you would've done if you could live for just 30 000 years. Our brain was obviously designed for much more than making AIs and moon landings. Imagine what humanity would've achieved if we are not limited by hate, fear, lies, wars, anger, arrogance, greed, indiscipline or any other form of weakness. Even after the fall, humanity attempted to reach the 'heavens'. We are obviously designed for more
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Lakenaira: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That is a big lie.

but according to the Bible God's plan was for us to inhabit the garden of eden which was on Earth.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Amotolongbo(f): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2021
Lakenaira:
but according to the Bible God's plan was for us to inhabit the garden of eden which was on Earth.
And you are sure that ever existed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Atheistic Side Of Christians / The Qur'an, So Amazing / Vatican Forgives Late Beatle Member John Lennon For Jesus Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.