Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! (39063 Views)

Did Jamb Official Eligibility Checker Told M The Wrong UTME Subject Combination? / What Can I Do Not To Miss Admission This Year With 272 UTME Score? / Those That Did Jamb C.O.C But Could Not Apply To Their New Institutions,come In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2021
Good Morning to you all!

I wrote Jamb this year and was expecting more score, but I was surprised when I scored 188.
Seriously, it seems like there's mass failure in Jamb this year (and everyone is complaining of getting the score that they weren't expecting at all).

Maybe Jamb intentionally set it up because there are other pending admissions for Jamb to attend to. Maybe they cut off a certain mark from everyone's total score. But I'm not so sure about that, I'm now looking for ways to get admission with my current result.

My course is Computer Engineering. Please what should I do, I want to enter school soon, the thought of staying at home for another one year terrifies me. I don't know what to do now.

Is there any chance that I will get admission this year at all?

Please help me move this to the Front-Page, thanks.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by DrayZee: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2021
You can get an admission, but getting it in Computer Engineering might not be so easy.
You have two options:
Either you change your course from Computer Engineering to a less competitive course, or you apply to a not so competitive university. Conduct a small research on the cut-off marks for state universities.

Should these not work out, you still have the option of running a pre-degree program in the university of your choice, or trying out IJMB/JUPEB to gain admission to 200 level (if you will concentrate and be serious).

Staying at home for one year is far from being an option.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by THELATTERMAN(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2021
Federal university lokoja is set to admit massive students provided they score at least 180 in Jamb, and participate in the school screening exercise.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2021

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Clementoons: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hadle:
Thanks for your comment.
Please what course or institution do you think I should change to.
I searched and found a State University, ESUT, their cut off mark is 180 +, but it's expensive to study in that school.
I really need to get admission this year, because spending another one year at home isn't funny at all.
I don't even know if I should start preparing for the Screening exam or not.
go for predegree na

3 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Alusiizizi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hadle:
Good Morning to you all!
I wrote Jamb this year and was expecting more score, but I was surprised when I scored 188.
Seriously, it seems like there's mass failure in Jamb this year (and everyone is complaining of getting the score that they weren't expecting at all). Maybe Jamb intentionally set it up because there are other pending admissions for Jamb to attend to. Maybe they cut off a certain mark from everyone's total score. But I'm not so sure about that, I'm now looking for ways to get admission with my current result.
My course is Computer Engineering. Please what should I do, I want to enter school soon, the thought of staying at home for another one year terrifies me. I don't know what to do now.
Lalasticlala, mynd44, please help me move this to the Front-Page, thanks.

What was your score in the first sitting?

3 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Samueltemi337(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Check out Federal university of petroleum resources the cut off is 180

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by PedroEastman: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
E shock you?

7 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by santos123(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
Esut will give you admission. Or you change your institution to schools in northern side.

1 Like

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by SPLENDID25(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hadle:
Good Morning to you all!
Seriously, it seems like there's mass failure in Jamb this year (and everyone is complaining of getting the score that they weren't expecting at all). Maybe Jamb intentionally set it up because there are other pending admissions for Jamb to attend to. Maybe they cut off a certain mark from everyone's total score. But I'm not so sure about that, I'm now looking for ways to get admission with my current result.
change to Computer Science.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by DrBrainstorm(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
188 can get you computer related courses in the North.

6 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Obakashdee(m): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
Why do we claim mass failure when we fail, must you follow mass to fail, that’s how my junior sister had second class lower and was saying there’s mass failure

My dear OP, go to school of health tech it’s a better option

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by tchidi066(f): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Make your research and look for schools with 180 + as cut off, then change your course of study, you can study computer science rather than engineering, prepare hard for post- utme, I've seen a lot of people score low in jamb but high in post utme, yet they were given admission, good luck

1 Like

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Kayberg: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hadle:
Good Morning to you all!

Ermmm…..

I think they jambed you instead.

Find admission into any school that permits anyone below 180.

And this is not a snake thread…. but by luck, it can crawl to Front-Page.

1 Like

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by phemmyfour: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hadle:
Good Morning to you all!
Try again, You ll do better next time
Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by badboyTee(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
my sister couldn't believe her eye too when her most favorite subject she scored lowest in it though she scored 184 and wants to study biochemistry is there possibility of her gaining admission to FUOYE though their cutoff is 180 for the course

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
Them suppose don scrap this jamb sef

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by yellowgarri2(m): 6:20am On Jun 28, 2021
If this JAMB really affects you and you don't want to sit down at home for another year, the best OPTION for you is to ENROLL for IJMB, JAMB RESULTS is already OUT and APPLICATION FORM may close any moment from now.
Grab this opportunity and Enroll for a 200L UNIVERSITY PROGRAM without writing JAMB.
DM me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Renforce: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Wen una go com online dey cum abuse una Papa mates instead of to face una book... Na d end result be this

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by CJGrandBtc: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by morikee: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Go learn hand work e get why

2 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by SoftP(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Q
Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by JosephXavier: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
The result of recent JAMB examination is a true reflection of the quality of education in Nigeria

Quality of education has really detoriarated and with the recent hardship and challenges the country is facing, how can one really focus on studying when your parents always drum it into your ear everyday that the economy is biting hard

So many young Nigerians have resorted to self help by trying to focus on sustaining themselves financially through legal or illegal means

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by OsusTroller: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
grin
Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by computer0810(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Go and learn shoemaker, thank me latter

Buhari did not even write jamb talk more of result

2 Likes

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by themes009(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2021
Learn a digital skill, that is the best university for people who is jam by jamb

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Blacknote: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by tillaman(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by tosine102: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2021
I really hope cutoffs would come down this year
Re: Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help! by Gamer999: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2021
You're still better than buhari

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) / Undergraduate Shoots Bayelsa University Student Dead During Lecture / Under-30 Nigerian Lady Bags A Ph.d In Nuclear Physics (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.