Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land (32249 Views)

Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by emmyrate1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Splitmind:
FAKE NEWS, not only Loom, MMM undecided

Jobless lots, don't go and find work.
you are not working, because if u do u will see truth and say it out. Maize, soyabean, groundnut and other ingredients use in production have skyrocketed because the farmers were unable to go to farm, the one being sold now is from last year production, if the storage finished without any alternative for tomorrow u will remember this article. You are commentung rubbish because the little money u earn is still buying something in the market. By the time u carry that ur token to market and no goods available to buy then ur brain go reset. All the production company thats uses cereal crops are closing down because the insecurity in the nation no allow farmers go yo farm again.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Frezhkid10(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
seguno2:

Is that how the Chinese became so progressive and prosperous to fund our infrastructure
Or by education, research, high value services and manufacturing?
...they dealt with food first...without food where will they see people to educate??
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Standing5(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Jostoman:
If they don't create hunger like this you people will not embrace their N-POWER and TRADERMONI. This hunger go reset our brain in Nigeria by fire by force.
I see why they killed Shiite muslims now. At least it has helped curb extremism.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hattbricker:
No hunger is not looming. Hunger is already here, I went to market with 8k yesterday and could barely buy anything.

Can you imagine

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Mustiboy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Those of us who are single cannot visit friends or some old neighborhood any more. People will so tax you.... I gave a (single mom) woman N500 in mararaba- an outskirts of Abuja last week. All of a sudden, I saw the woman sobbing. When I inquired, she said that I won't understand; that this money worth more than gold, that she has only N300 in her whole life and was wondering what to buy with it. I added another N500 for her and walked away b4 she caused a scene.
When I got home that day, I was traumatised. Because most of the people I had a contact with that same day had a lot in common:hungry-looking and hell.

I don't know but, if this insecurities is created as a prerequisite for 2023 election then we're in for a long ride, and I can say that our politics or politics with an old-man-in-power is the worst thing. This is because the oldmen understands nigerians well and can use our common cause against us.

I never knew that the border close in the south had a deeper meaning.

There's hunger in the land, brother.

There's this woman who owns a provision store right in front of my house, and, just recently, I noticed how empty her shop is now. Like there's nothing to buy from that shop anymore. She just sweeps and open the shop with nothing to sell.

When I asked my mum what happened, she said the woman was feeding her kids with what she sells, and her husband is not helping. It's just so sad.

Now that they've eaten everything in the shop with nothing left to sell, how will they survive?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by cardoctor(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oh you just saw it coming.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by BJanta: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote

There's absolutely nothing this president can do. We have actually elected a plague and a curse as the head of this nation, are just stuck with him till the end of his term. Has he not said that drug- taking is more dangerous than insecurity?Is drug- taking a national problem?But insecurity is.The drug-taker constitutes harm to himself mostly. But the herdsmen and kidnappers, who are mostly Fulanis, constitute potent and live danger to the entire society, including themselves. Is there now any wonder why that cowhead ,Malami, compared spareparts business with open grazing?Have you ever seen the head of state in a democracy fighting the electorate two years away from general elections?Buhari is demonic fiend with a warped mind.The South must just know what it wants and go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by mkoabiola: 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Bubu doesn't read editorials or news.

He only reads and watches cartoons

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by planetx: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Toks2008:

Well unfortunately even if I want to I can't cos of the complexity in transferring money due to new CBN rules.

Not in naija at the moment.

May GOD provide for you.
Just tell him you don't have, which one is complexity of transferring money to Nigeria. You can transfer 1, 5,10, 15 k to his account from anywhere in the world if you want.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
notoriousbabe:
Who cares? Fok hunger as long as pussssies are available

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hunger is no more looming oga, hunger is here with the prices of food so high.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
The likes of who celebrate small achievements that amount to nothing for the teeming masses will not like this. The other day news came out that 1Gb of data will sell for N390 and they were jubilatikg and abusing their fellow daft wailers. 1 GB that sells for less than that currently using special plans or buying from a vendor. The level of their ignorance isn't surprising though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Eriggs: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
DominusPrime:
The likes of who celebrate small achievements that amount to nothing for the teeming masses will not like this. The other day news came out that 1Gb of data will sell for N390 and they were jubilatikg and abusing their fellow daft wailers. 1 GB that sells for less than that currently using special plans or buying from a vendor. The level of their ignorance isn't surprising though.
I pray say one day, dem MANNA matter no go make u press for for road enter under dangote truck, dis ur crying and wailing everyday to dem MANNA truth should become a cause of concern for ur people at home truly. What an obsession. Better get busy with life and do something to make ya mama proud of u instead of 24/7 trolling

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by MansoryMX(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Igbofirstfarmer:
The youths should be empowered through agriculture.

Name one farmland that is safe around the country? Why do you people like turning a blind eyes to the fact that Nigeria as a country has been overrun by terrorism! The reasons for this food shortage is Fulani herdsmen killing farmers in the East, West & South and Bandits kidnapping and killing farmers in the North. Let Buhari give a direct order for any bandits Fulani herdsmen caught with gun should be killed. All this nonsense will stop! All the foreign Fulani nomad imported from 6 Africa nation will run back to where they came from!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
planetx:
Just tell him you don't have which one is complexity of transferring money to Nigeria.

Carry your frustration commot biko.

If you don't know a thing just shush.
Before now it was easy to send as little as 1 or 2k with simple apps from outside naija but not anymore.

May GOD never let me experience that type of lack that I won't be able to Assist the needy with as little as 2k.

Aproko
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Mayor101010(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
We need a revolution like the "french revolution" in Nigeria. The youth of this country need to take the country back from this demonic old men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by planetx: 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
Toks2008:

Carry your frustration commot biko.

If you don't know a thing just shush.
Before now it was easy to send as little as 1 or 2k with simple apps from outside naija but not anymore.

May GOD never let me experience that type of lack that I won't be able to Assist the needy with as little as 2k.

Aproko
Broke ass nigga keep deceiving yourselve. Try western union na.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
planetx:
Just tell him you don't have, which one is complexity of transferring money to Nigeria. You can transfer 1, 5,10, 15 k to his account from anywhere in the world if you want.

Now you Don dey edit your aproko comment.

Even sending 15k will make no sense cos of commision at this time except you are sending a bigger sum.

Stop jumping into Comments blindly.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
planetx:
Broke ass nigga keep deceiving yourselve. Try western union na.

Now to slap you dey hungry me.

Western Union to send how much.

Lemme just ignore you.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by St0ne: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
There was a country
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by solofresh(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by solofresh(m): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Jostoman:
If they don't create hunger like this you people will not embrace their N-POWER and TRADERMONI. This hunger go reset our brain in Nigeria by fire by force.
Hunger kill you there
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by solofresh(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
jimmyolasun:
Walahi, naa yesterday I see person dog dey drink garri and kulikuli

Me self com dey envy the dog. As per say garri don expensive, yet the owner still spice am with kulikuli.. walahi efcc go hear this
grin cheesy cool
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Dashlish12: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Seeeker:
Cocoyam, Ghana type to the rescue.
Note that there is a certain cocoyam that is usually grown in swampy forests. It's not always owned particularly by anyone. This thing just grow anyhow in the swamps.

Invest in cutlasses acquisition before the time the said looming hunger will strike. You will need the cutlasses to deal with the thorns and dig out the tubers.

Thank you!

CocoGhana Miss that shit man, likes the way it puff up in my belle during my childhood days cuz i chop the thing e no dey tire me for porridge. Havent come across it in lagos and never eat it in the past 20yrs. Mehn! Gone are those years

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Kingstanding: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
just as you collected from PDP to vote them in 16 year's 1999 to 2015... The article didn't mention how Ipob stole onions too in East... What's fulani herdsmen to start with self...
. I can see that you're very stupid and useless fellow. Nonetity guy

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by ajailer(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
I don't think ppl are hungry yet, they will start getting hungry and angry by the time a commodity if #350 starts selling for #3000.

Na dat time I dey wait for

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Iceyjayz: 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
My only pity are those who are still in Nigeria
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Iceyjayz: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
ajailer:
I don't think ppl are hungry yet, they will start getting hungry and angry by the time a commodity if #350 starts selling for #3000.

Na dat time I dey wait for
The time is already near grin
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by ajailer(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
Iceyjayz:
The time is already near grin

You think so?
Well I don't, what I see now are ppl still complaining and naija ppl ehn, we Sabi complain.....it's called suffering and smiling.
This fulani govt is taking us for a ride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dashlish12:
CocoGhana Miss that shit man, likes the way it puff up in my belle during my childhood days cuz i chop the thing e no dey tire me for porridge. Havent come across it in lagos and never eat it in the past 20yrs. Mehn! Gone are those years

Bro, me too ate cocoGhana last in 2001 while visiting my Baptist High School friends in Iwo that year. My friends would simply say, "guy, we are going hunting for cocoGhana". That thing is sweet. I don't know why it's not sold in the markets.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by obaaderemi: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
PUNCH YOU PPL SHOULD PROMOTE FARMING CULTURE AND STOP WRITING RUBBISH EDITORIAL. GO AND FARM THERE ARE ARABLE LANDS ALLOVER NAIJA. angry
Did you read the article at all?

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Plut01: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wapchrist1:
My Sister score 310 in jamb but she dont seem intelligent to me and she want to study nursing should i sponsor her and i want her to repeat SS2 , i need advice

She doesn't seem intelligent to you or she is just not as outspoken as you want? Let start from there before you use your view of what life should be to judge your sister.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Bends For Old Women During A Condolence Visit In Kwara.photo / Alhassan Strips Taraba APC Office, Retrieves All Donated Furniture / Buhari’s Presidential Campaign Rally In Adamawa (Photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.