Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single (867 Views)

Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by PhilipReigns(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2021
Happy Sunday family
I'm married by God's Grace, so is my boss.
So my boss and I got talking on Friday and he made a statement that was a little shocking to me, he said and I quote

"Phil, do u know that sometimes I wish I was not yet married....do you know that by now I would have completed my house project?"

My boss is married with 3 lovely kids, people I admire alot. But then he has a point, most married men still wish they were single especially when the burden of running a home financially and otherwise becomes overwhelming.

I understand him perfectly because am married too and there was a time I nurtured such feeling in the past.
It's the reality, God nor go shame us!
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2021
Eiya,its not easy running a home sha, I advise all men to marry a supportive wife

7 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by aanuoluwami14(f): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by Lostchild(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
PhilipReigns.

You are very right. If I had married any of my ex I would have been a divorced person.

Many marriage will last when there is a bit delay

3 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by uncleFola(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
But then, Pray for grace........ Though there are many responsibilities attach to marriage raging from finance, emotional , Time and so on..... but pray for grace, it doesn’t matter if you are single or married.... Grace is the koko.... Sometimes as a single guy, the resources to build a house might not forth coming not until u are married..... PRAY FOR GRACE.

8 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by Sundaycomputer: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
He his foolish for that statement
I married at the age of 27 , build my house with my wife support , have two kids by God grace am still happy ,

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by AutoChick4U(f): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sundaycomputer:
I married at the age of 27 , build my house with my wife support , have two kids by God grace am still happy ,
Don't mind him. Probably living to impress instead of being frugal to achieve set goals
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by RichBoy247: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
Not some, all married men wish they still single and free. Mind you, several of them will come here to bash me, but right inside their heart, they wish they are single

2 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by Manq(m): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Trash! Got married really early and we both are putting our all to make our middle ages full of fun God give us the life and strength.. plus we have a lovely kid..
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by wunmi590(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2021

Why I'm here regretting I got married late...

The truth of the matter why he said so was because he was not really financially buoyant, if he's a millionaire, he wouldn't be talking like that....

Theres nothing beat getting married early and give birth to the amount of children you can comfortably feed and move on with your life goal...
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by RichBoy247: 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
Manq:
Trash! Got married really early and we both are putting our all to make our middle ages full of fun God give us the life and strength.. plus we have a lovely kid..

Story, Story. Stop misleading the singles. You wish you are single.

That's how you people say so many sweet things about your spouse for several years, then one day, we hear you have filed for divorce.

4 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by RichBoy247: 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sundaycomputer:

Just like Pastor Chris Okotie said about his two ex-wives when they were still deceiving gullible followers.
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Your boss should double his hustle. Though I don't want to believe it's because he's not able to complete his building project or any financial burden that is making him regret marrying early because at least he owns a biz he's controling with a paid staff like you (a family man also). I think he still wants to comb town, if you know what I mean.

That notwithstanding, I still believe every man should plan very well before going into marriage to avoid heaping up so much liabilities and financial responsibilities. Like having fewer number of children and getting a moderate apartment that is not above your means.
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by GboyegaD(m): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
I'm guessing some got married because they wanted to satisfy the society. For me, I got married at a time I wanted so I don't have such thoughts. Although at the beginning it was a bit challenging because it was a new lifestyle to me and we both had those things that were different in terms of thoughts.

Most importantly, we all need to know it is a new world and there is no need to compare both lifestyle. Wherever the issues pop which happens sometimes, discuss it and move on.

3 Likes

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by prettysassygirl(f): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
It's for both sexes and not peculiar to men alone.This feeling is usually overwhelming when there are issues though.

1 Like

Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by milann: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
prettysassygirl:
It's for both sexes and not peculiar to men alone.This feeling is usually overwhelming when there are issues though.
Young lady, you are a woman. Why worry? when you have a man can depend on.
Re: DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single by UPMIKE: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
Sundaycomputer:

Congrats.
Don't you think you're just lucky?
JUST LUCKY!!!
Many are not so lucky.
Being a family man is not easy for a vast majority.
"TO BE A MAN IS NOT A DAY JOB". THANKS

(1) (Reply)

What did you Miss the most about your Childhood? / Communication With One'ex / Please I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.