Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 (141 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Watch What Paul Adefarasin’s Son, Alexander Has To Say About The Girl Child / 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by Livesimple: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Please Nairalanders who can vividly explain this part of the Bible for us especially verse 5 of 1 Corinthians 5:5

5 It is actually reported [everywhere] that there is sexual immorality among you, a kind of immorality that is condemned even among the [unbelieving] Gentiles: that someone has [an intimate relationship with] his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud and arrogant! You should have mourned in shame so that the man who has done this [disgraceful] thing would be removed from your fellowship!

3 For I, though absent [from you] in body but present in spirit, have already passed judgment on him who has committed this [act], as if I were present. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I am with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to hand over this man to Satan for the destruction of his body, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Please lalasticlaca seun abeg help me push to front page to get more enlighten happy Sunday
Re: What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
Livesimple:
Please Nairalanders who can vividly explain this part of the Bible for us especially verse 5 of 1 Corinthians 5:5

5 It is actually reported [everywhere] that there is sexual immorality among you, a kind of immorality that is condemned even among the [unbelieving] Gentiles: that someone has [an intimate relationship with] his father’s wife.
2 And you are proud and arrogant! You should have mourned in shame so that the man who has done this [disgraceful] thing would be removed from your fellowship!
3 For I, though absent [from you] in body but present in spirit, have already passed judgment on him who has committed this [act], as if I were present.
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I am with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
5 you are to hand over this man to Satan for the destruction of his body, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Please lalasticlaca seun abeg help me push to front page to get more enlighten happy Sunday
What part of the passage do you not comprehend? undecided
Re: What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by donbachi(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What part of the passage do you not comprehend? undecided
The part written in isoko language.
Re: What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by Amotolongbo(f): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
donbachi:
The part written in isoko language.
grin grin grin

Urhobo ni
Re: What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by illicit(m): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
What does it matter

The Corinthians are extinct
Re: What Paul Meant In 1 Corinthians Chapter 5:5 by psucc(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
illicit:
What does it matter

The Corinthians are extinct
Laugh wan kee me for the Isoko and Urhobo languages.

The Corinthians are not extinct but merely metamorphosed. They have their name changed. Of course, the essence of the Bible was to give us a guide. The things we see or hear today were there and we need to learn from them.

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Modern Day Idols / The Stones Of Life / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.