Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Spirituality, Religion Or Enlightenment? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality, Religion Or Enlightenment? (245 Views)

Spiritual Questionnaire: What Is The Difference Between Spirituality & Religion? / Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? / Spirituality/ Religion. (egbe I.e Spiritual Groups). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality, Religion Or Enlightenment? by Myer(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
1. Spirituality:
Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature. (Ref Dr. Maya Spencer)

2. Religion:
Belief in a spiritual or metaphysical reality (often including at least one deity), accompanied by practices or rituals pertaining to the belief.

3. Enlightenment:
A concept in spirituality, philosophy and psychology related to achieving clarity of perception, reason and knowledge.

Which one or two define(s) you best?
Re: Spirituality, Religion Or Enlightenment? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
Myer:
2. Religion:
Belief in a spiritual or metaphysical reality (often including at least one deity), accompanied by practices or rituals pertaining to the belief.
your #2 best describes what I have. undecided
Re: Spirituality, Religion Or Enlightenment? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Myer:
1. Spirituality:
Spirituality involves the recognition of a feeling or sense or belief that there is something greater than myself, something more to being human than sensory experience, and that the greater whole of which we are part is cosmic or divine in nature. (Ref Dr. Maya Spencer)

Spirituality involves the recognition Of KNOWING that there is more than your physical self!

And that there are others who are themselves not physical, aside you.

(1) (Reply)

Life In The Wilderness / Fathers' Day: Widows Surprise ABN TV Boss With Gifts (PHOTOS) / Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Goes Full Damage Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.