Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 (1780 Views)

Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by vice767: 9:38am On Jun 28, 2021
Ok...

I’ve been down since yesterday cos of what I saw on my portal, last semester was hard for me cos of the topics we did...
Those topics were supposed to be simple for me tho, but cos of the secondary school I went to...it was somehow
We never had further maths teacher
Our maths teacher didn’t go deep into the last topic before our WAEC...
And those topics were the ones we did last semester...
Financial issues too
Was given admission late too
About 2 months late....
I struggled and I got 1.80 last semester
And in Unilorin, you must have 2.00 to be able to crossover to the engineering department
Knowing my score was so low
I had to read and read and read
So as to pass the semester(did one I just finished)
Cos I don’t want to face tanke( go back home)
I attended tutorials, I did night class...but still I failed
I got 2.03 this semester
1.80 + 2.03 divided by two is 1.93
I was expecting a better result than 2.03
I was not expecting to fail phy 142 cos it was so simple....but I had D
And I needed B
I was expecting A actually
Cos of the effort I put in it....
But still...
I’m not crossing to 200l cos of 0.14
I don’t know what to do....
God knows I tried my best....#Unilorin
I just pray they consider me���
Haven’t told my parents
I need help���
#Depression���
Don’t know what to do�

2 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by kingtinnie(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2021
Bro I don't know what to tell you other than no think am try again ni...I didn't cross because of 0.1....my department crossing gp was 1.5 and I finished the year with 1.49 ...I no cross

3 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by algerroberts: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2021
Try your best, feel free to confront everything, after all, you are a child, your parents will not be too strict with you when you share directly with them. smash karts
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by Mastakija(m): 10:54am On Jun 28, 2021
Failures always have an excuse

Put more into ur efforts and ignore every aspects of excuses mayb u wont come out with a better result
I wish u all d best

3 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by Tmex(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
That thing you call 0.07 is actually 0.14 o I will advise you transfer to another department of your choice and retry jamb. Thats if you are so passionate about studying engineering .

2 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by cosmos2000(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
vice767:
Ok...

I’ve been down since yesterday cos of what I saw on my portal, last semester was hard for me cos of the topics we did...
Those topics were supposed to be simple for me tho, but cos of the secondary school I went to...it was somehow
Financial issues too
About 2 months late....
And in Unilorin, you must have 2.00 to be able to crossover to the engineering department
I got 2.03 this semester
And I needed B
But still...
I’m not crossing to 200l cos of 0.07
Haven’t told my parents
I need help���
#Depression���
Don’t know what to do�
Sorry for your dilemma
Maybe you should just tell us the nanme.of the course and your grade, that will be better

1 Like

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by Mrxawe: 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
vice767:
Ok...

Financial issues too
About 2 months late....
I got 2.03 this semester
And I needed B
But still...
I’m not crossing to 200l cos of 0.07
Haven’t told my parents
I need help���
#Depression���
Don’t know what to do�
Engineering is 2.5 I guess except things have changed. As at 2010 when I was there, it was 2.5 . If you have strong connections, unimaginable things happen in unilorin. I know people who crossed in my set despite their poor GPs. Just try and look for another department, some departments accept transfers so far your GP is 1.5 above. And if you wanna do that, do it fast, don't wait till when school resumes. The best time to do it is during the holidays. Lecturers don't go on holidays (na government job) although some might not be coming frequently. Since you're in engineering, departments that can accept your transfers are mathematics, physics (Bsc and B.Ed) to some extent statistics and many more. . Just take it as one of those things and move on with life.

Cc kingtinnie

2 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by vice767: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Mrxawe:

Engineering is 2.5 I guess except things have changed. As at 2010 when I was there, it was 2.5 . If you have strong connections, unimaginable things happen in unilorin. I know people who crossed in my set despite their poor GPs. Just try and look for another department, some departments accept transfers so far your GP is 1.5 above. And if you wanna do that, do it fast, don't wait till when school resumes. The best time to do it is during the holidays. Lecturers don't go on holidays (na government job) although some might not be coming frequently. Since you're in engineering, departments that can accept your transfers are mathematics, physics (Bsc and B.Ed) to some extent statistics and many more. . Just take it as one of those things and move on with life.

Cc kingtinnie
Thanks sir
But I got zero connection
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by vice767: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
cosmos2000:

Sorry for your dilemma
Maybe you should just tell us the nanme.of the course and your grade, that will be better

Food and bio processing engineering
I got 1.93
And I needed 2.0
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by vice767: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
kingtinnie:
Bro I don't know what to tell you other than no think am try again ni...I didn't cross because of 0.1....my department crossing gp was 1.5 and I finished the year with 1.49 ...I no cross

Omoo sorry�
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by emetisuccess(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
Y eah, that what really hit me, further mathematics, i got no option than to teach myself because i was very good at solving general maths so that helps me a lot. After teaching myself i was still having issues, like escaping with grade D in math, but lastly i crossed over to 200L with 2.71cgpa, but my 200L showed me hell. Just sit up and believe in yourselve bru. What u don't understand let someone show u, always give in ur best, even if it is not good enough put in more bru. When u give up, u are the looser.

2 Likes

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by cosmos2000(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
vice767:

Food and bio processing engineering
I got 1.93
And I needed 2.0

Okay, not what I expected
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by Kay005: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
Mrxawe:

Cc kingtinnie

@vice767, pls kindly follow this guy's advice. Don't sleep on it and make hay while the sun shine. It is during holiday like this that you can start going to different departments like chemistry, industrial chemistry, physics, statistics, education etc and plead with their hods to help your life and accept you into their department. Once they start upgrading portals for next session and you are not in good standing and you couldn't get any department to accept you, then the next thing you will see on your portal is advice to withdraw... Pls act fast and be bold. Go to the hod of your choice's office plead with him, cry and pray...else nah Oyo you dey.... at least you will still be in school and you can be trying jamb if you still want to study engineering...A bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush..

1 Like

Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
vice767:

Thanks sir

This isn't about connection now, meet your level advice before it's too late .let him know your predicament
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by vice767: 5:49am On Jun 29, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

This isn't about connection now, meet your level advice before it's too late .let him know your predicament

Ok sir
Thanks
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by kavontoy: 6:03am On Jun 29, 2021
Real happiness comes after surviving the most dreadful pain.. unblocked games
Re: Not Crossing Over To 200L In Unilorin Cos Of 0.14 by Mrxawe: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
vice767:

Thanks sir
You don't need can't connection. Log in to your portal and buy change of course form ( it comes at a price) . Go to your level adviser, he'll give you your file after taking it to the HOD for stamping and signing then take it to your faculty office for stamping too. Go to your department of choice and meet with the secretary. If they accept you, they'll collect your file and repeat the process. You'll pay some fee too. After that keep checking your portal, they'd have changed your course. It takes a few weeks. That's why I'm saying you should do it during the holidays and don't waste time because when the school resumes and registration for new semester has started, it would have been too late. I know this because in 2010 I was doing MBBS (medicine and surgery) but didn't meet up with the 3.50 crossing GP. I switched to micro biology.

Cc hakeemhakeem Kay005

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: What Score Do You Think This Student Deserves? / NMC Olympiad Informatics Past Questions And Answers, NMC Past Questions. / Admissions! Admissions!! Into His Divine Mercy Missions Schools Int, Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.