Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 PM

Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me (46536 Views)

Man Runs After Discovering A Lady He Was Wooing Is Studying For Her Phd / "All Guys Wooing Me Are After My Boobs' — Ada La Pinky / A Guy Was Wooing Me Today And I Replied Him Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by saintsylve(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

Na wao! So, wanting a wife who is a doctor was his motivation? Thanks for responding.

You are welcome. People who have not experienced this will think its forged but it is real out there, in the real world, one needs to be smart with wisdom, caution with knowledge and active like a donkey.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by manhaley5: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
saintsylve:

Sorry, as a guy I know how long it took me to overcome the betrayal from my camp school mate whom I was using his phone to call the lady doctor whenever we wanted to see not knowing he went behind me to spoil me and started dating her! He later apologised, they are married with two kids but I ghosted the guy cos he is a snitch and most likely can kill to have a chance at anything. For the lady, she later contacted me but I ditched her.

So I know how painful it is for you...just stay very far from both of them cos the guy will still come for u and there is the temptation of wanting to hurt your ex friend but dont do it. Just ditch both of them cos even the guy does not worth it as it clearly shows he doesn't know what he want. You n your friend has different body shapes, maybe colour and background, so he is confused

Quite painful to know what your friend did. I guess you were not really into the lady and may have allowed some words slip.
I once told my friend how I didn't love a certain lady I was dating.
Next thing I heard from my friend is for me to pass the girl to him.
I became very angry. But do you know what, the day I went to pass the night in the said girl's house I gave my friend the girl's number, just in case anything happen to me. I never bothered what happened after that.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by shegerun: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
It appears you don’t know the meaning of betrayal. Your friend decided to date a guy you rejected, and you termed that betrayal? Please get a life!

3 Likes

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by winner37(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
did you ever at one time told her how big his penis is or how long he can last on bed ? did you told her the styles the guy loves most ?
my dear she is dating the guy because of anything but sex ..

it shows how some girls are very senseless and shameless ..
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Plut01: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
doyinisaac:
it depends on the kind of friendship you keep...it has happened to me before,even me and my friend joked about it and said since she knows I am a player she said NO to me..and truly at that time I used to be a player. Love know dey my dictionary..but my friend is a lover boy...infact when he wanted to ask the lady out,he told me and I said he should go ahead and after some months the lady saw him as a guy who is going to be faithful and she said yes to him....guess what??After three years both of them still broke up based on issue of genotype....it all depends on how genuine your friendship is with the person....we considered that our friendship is more important than any woman....well maybe it is because we have been friends from childhood sha...

It is this bolded part for me.

You see why you and I should not castigate the lady for her reaction? Your guy man notified you about his move knowing you once made a move for the lady and you agreed. Two matured and emotionally balanced equation.

But this can not be said of the OP's friend. The OP made her understand there was a connection between them from the onset, as expected of people who called themselves friends, only for the friend to start dating the guy without even informing the OP. Reason why the OP is angry and feeling disappointed. I'm sure if not that the OP found out herself, those two will marry and the OP will only get to see their wedding pictures despite calling themselves friends. What sorta friend is that?

I repeat, if money is involved, the friend would do worse than that or even erase the OP so as to have her way. Obviously not the the type of friend anyone would want.

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Mbaku(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
Rozcol:
I term her decision as Snakelike,you don't go behind a friend's back to date a guy who once wanted something with her
Who once wanted, not that he had something to do with you. So swallow your hate and be happy. If I was your friend, I’ll stay away from you because your type can allow jealousy commit an “Usifo” on your friend angry
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
like1:
I think you did nothing wrong, you are human after all and no god.

I also kept distance to a once close-friend and childhood friend because he started dating my ex. He knew my ex through me, we separated and you started dating her and still want to be friends with me. Like we arrange for beer sessions and you come with my ex who is your girlfriend, is he mad? LOL.

Lol, I told him, guy I no get anything against you but we can't be friends while you date my ex, to avoid unnecessary drama.

which style be that. LOL

Thanks for not reasoning like a hater
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by kendological(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
Lower your ego, lady, if you ever want to find atrue love.

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Yesboss0009: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
This life too short for one mumu gyal to Dy make guy
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Makaveli217(m): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
BobbyZrealist:

This your talk na comfirmentor.

Nothing pisses a G up like such attitude u described.

And they are not ready to change from it. I'm happy guys are becoming more wiser and know it's a sin to waste your precious asking a girl out twice.

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Makaveli217(m): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2021
Telstar:
Yeah, foreign girls are straightforward. If you are talking to a foreign chick and she likes you, she would go ahead with you immediately, but if she doesn't like you, she would tell you straight away.

I could recall when I was in a nightclub with my niggas, one of them said to me Man G, look at this pretty chick. She's starring at you. I went to meet the girl, I was like wazz up baby? grin Bla bla bla, the rest is history now.

Leave all these Nigeria girls with their confused brains and always playing hard to get mentality, even if they are dieing for a guy and start giving him green light and he codes it and approach them, they will immediately start playing hard to get games while secretly dieing and craving for him. Very low mentality beings.

2 Likes

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by doyinisaac(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
Plut01:

It is this bolded part for me.

You see why you and I should not castigate the lady for her reaction? Your guy man notified you about his move knowing you once made a move for the lady and you agreed. Two matured and emotionally balanced equation.

But this can not be said of the OP's friend. The OP made her understand there was a connection between them from the onset, as expected of people who called themselves friends, only for the friend to start dating the guy without even informing the OP. Reason why the OP is angry and feeling disappointed. I'm sure if not that the OP found out herself, those two will marry and the OP will only get to see their wedding pictures despite calling themselves friends. What sorta friend is that?

I repeat, if money is involved, the friend would do worse than that or even erase the OP so as to have her way. Obviously not the the type of friend anyone would want.

A guy asked her out,she said she is not interested in him......the guy later asked her friend out,her friend likes the guy and she is interested,on a realistic level,is she supposed to Say NO because her friend said NO to the guy??so if her friend do not like a particular guy then she too must not like the guy simply because her friend do not like him??Well it is obvious her friend know if she tells her she will not want her to date him...the way GUYS reason is different from the way LADIES do.......so she did not tell her because she knows the kind of friend she has.....and now it is obvious she has feelings for the guy and just wanted to play one mumu hard to get but she lost to her friend who had no time for those childish act of doing "hard to get" in 2021...

2 Likes

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by billyG(m): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
I dnt know your story in detail.did he talk to you several times & you rejected it with capital NO,NO,NO,NO,NO?Did he woe your friend once & she said:YES I do?
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Iretii0511(m): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
LadyRosa:

No be say man dey scarce for market. Man no dey scarce AT ALL. Na money dey scarce for man hand. The thing be say she don see her kind of man, and she quick grab am before the food cold. grin

grin grin choi, I love you.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Examtemple: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Your friend did nothing wrong but smartness because u fooled yourself and your friend see the love and care in him...so what else do u want
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by adanny01(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Rozcol:
Yes I had to end my friendship with my once very good friend because she saw nothing wrong in dating someone who used to be so interested in me, that I turned him down isn't enough reason for her to date him

There are so many other guys she can date and it shows the guy does not genuinely love her else he wouldn't have come for me in the first place.

I don't think it's cool for a close friend to go ahead and date someone who was once interested in her friend, its betrayal and also a sign that she doesn't know and respect boundaries and that's dangerous to me, such friends are not to be trusted. She can stab you at the back when you least expect.

Now she's telling people that I'm selfish and petty for having issues with her decision to date the so called guy. What do you think?

You like the guy? Why the fuss? Wish your friend goodluck and move on.

By the way, whats your reason for not accepting the guy?

My wife today is from similar scenario.

I went to woo a girl and met my close friend who told me he was there to do the same thing. I backed off and wooed her younger sister whom i got married to. Funny thing was that the girl didn't give him the green light, they were just closer friends while she was seeing others.

My cousin is currently dating a girl, he actually wooed her younger sister first who had been to his house severally. Their relationship was awkward to him as the girl didn't act mature lyrics and he later met the older sister and wooed her. The older sister was aware of the cold Relationship and had to ask my cousin and sister if they slept together which the never did.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Examtemple: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
doyinisaac:
A guy asked her out,she said she is not interested in him......the guy later asked her friend out,her friend likes the guy and she is interested,on a realistic level,is she supposed to Say NO because her friend said NO to the guy??so if her friend do not like a particular guy then she too must not like the guy simply because her friend do not like him??Well it is obvious her friend know if she tells her she will not want her to date him...the way GUYS reason is different from the way LADIES do.......so she did not tell her because she knows the kind of friend she has.....and now it is obvious she has feelings for the guy and just wanted to play one mumu hard to get but she lost to her friend who had no time for those childish act of doing "hard to get" in 2021...

Yes does childish act dey wella dats y I dont like dating kids.... Is what dey wil still do oo yet they will be playing hard to get..

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by walkingshadow911: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
You're truly selfish. You rejected the guy and he opted for your friend and your friend accepted and now you're having issues with your friend over a guy you rejected his proposals. You cannot eat your cake and have it. Your friend made a wise decision knowingfully well that "man dey scarce for market".

Even God did not understand this our virginal people, if u reject someone who want a companion becos u dont like him. must ur friend reject him too, like for what exactly now.

The guy should remain stranded abi, like there is no other woman around. or like chasing her around would add money into his pocket. lmao

To think girls still play hard to get in this era beats me.Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Sebgajere(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
Betrayal Kee u dia. So u actually liked d guy? Next time u will learn to go for what u want. Girls wit their useless shakara, u like something buh u go dey form one kind yeye forming. Muaaaah for ur friend�����Allah ya kara

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by SirBunky85(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
saintsylve:

You think so? I am not popular here and rarely quote ,so I am not seeking any relevant from anyone. It struck me because of my experience and how I felt then which is why I quoted her. There are many other worse articles here but this one struck me.

Enjoy your day bro.
peace be unto you
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by iamdapsyj(m): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
saintsylve:

Bros, what is independent? I have found someone I clicked with and working towards post camp activities to accommodate her and push forward and all these I made my friend understand. I had a bad phone or more or less like no phone and I frequently use my friend whom I trusted and shared everything with being that we are from thesame school.
On the day we left camp, I didnt see him, I suffered to get my phone work so I can atleast reach my girl but she wouldn't pick only to find out he went away with her after lies and promise of marriage. It is totally wrong bro, if I didnt introduce and use his phone to call her , he wouldn't meet her but cos I freely trust people.

It is a past experience but it tells is not everyone is a friend, they are rather looking for a single opportunity to bite you.
My write up was to encourage her and tell her how to handle it, this particular guy in op article will still call her later but she should delete and block the numbers of both or give a ghost mode.

Sorry to hear about your situation bro.... but yours is quite different from the op. You were already in a relationship with your ex, so your "friend" and ex betrayed you big time. The op does not have a relationship whatsoever with the said guy (just a toaster) and she allowed her friend's judgment shape her decision which was what i alluded to in earlier post. If you note, she kept saying my friend badmouthed the guy which means the op would have given the guy a chance had the so call friend didn't give her a negative view of the guy.

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Plut01: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
doyinisaac:
A guy asked her out,she said she is not interested in him...... the guy later asked her friend out,her friend likes the guy and she is interested,on a realistic level,is she supposed to Say NO because her friend said NO to the guy??so if her friend do not like a particular guy then she too must not like the guy simply because her friend do not like him Well it is obvious her friend know if she tells her she will not want her to date him...the way GUYS reason is different from the way LADIES do.......so she did not tell her because she knows the kind of friend she has.....and now it is obvious she has feelings for the guy and just wanted to play one mumu hard to get but she lost to her friend who had no time for those childish act of doing "hard to get" in 2021...

At the bolded, I can't remember blaming the guy nor do I remember where I castigate the friend for seeking happiness in a man. I however remember that I castigated (and will always do) the friend for hiding her intention her relationship from a friend who once shared an information on how the said guy wooed her which she rejected. The OP said she was fully aware and while she was playing hard to get (her undoing), the friend hurriedly started dating the Guy without even allowing the Lady to know.

Now if I was the friend, I would have obviously tell the OP that the same guy who wooed her also came to me, I like him and I accepted due to the fact that the OP said she doesn't want him. If the OP now get angry (which she would for a short period or long anyways), it is not my fault because I have already open up and came straight to tell her (the Op) that am dating the guy.But no, the friend after saying the guy is not good for the OP still went at her back to date the same guy while hiding it from the OP.

Why is this difficult to do? Must we always do things in a way that we have to hide? My philosophy says if one have to hide while doing it, maybe one should not be doing it at all.

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by walkingshadow911: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
Makaveli217:

Leave all these Nigeria girls with their confused brains and always playing hard to get mentally, even if they are dieing for a guy and start giving him green light and he codes it and approach them, they will immediately start playing hard to get games while secretly dieing and craving for him. Very low mentally beings.

let me shock you...
Majority of them are suffering from spiritual husbands that bewitched dem to act that way. he will only allow dem to date who will use and dump dem or turn dem to baby mamas. left dem emotionally damage

You can take this to the bank!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by ozo13(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
LadyRosa:

No be say man dey scarce for market. Man no dey scarce AT ALL. Na money dey scarce for man hand. The thing be say she don see her kind of man, and she quick grab am before the food cold. grin
hahahaha.that money scarce part got me laughing

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Napoleon27(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
I hope you know that you are a witch
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by TVTKOKO(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
LadyRosa:

Wow! MY Bad.
Since she didn't say anything positive about him then I advice you stay away from her. But, you're not supposed to confront her, I think that's childish. Again, you should have a mind of your own in decision making as not all advice must be taken into consideration.

When a friend tells you a guy is bad, the onus is on you to do a background check to see if truly the person is bad. I have come to understand that sometimes extraordinary folks are painted black and that is the more reason I hardly go with the flow. I'm always interested in people, many people rejected because I would want to unrevel the mystery surrounding them to see what others claim they saw. In several of my findings, I understand it's just human error and envy. It's Normal to throw stones on trees with ripe fruits. And Envy and backbiting has its headquarters in Nigeria.

Don't be too close to her, but let it slide. MOST importantly Do not reveal your paroles to her.
lol.. I could remember my guy telling me all sorta bad stuff about this girl because she was hitting on me only for me to realize he's been hunting her and wanted to date her.
Well, i actually did not fancy the girl at all so e no pain me but i made sure i gave the guy some distance mehn.. People are terrible

1 Like

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Makaveli217(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
walkingshadow911:

let me shock you...
Majority of them are suffering from spiritual husbands that bewitched dem to act that way. he will only allow dem to date who will use and dump dem or turn dem to baby mamas. left dem emotionally damage

You can take this to the bank!!!!!

Yea I know about this.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by taurusdude0(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
YOU ARE A FOOL
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by taurusdude0(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
Rozcol:
Its not exactly the way you painted it,she was in the know all the while he was after me,she never said anything positive about him but secretly started dating him,she's snakelike and why was she hiding it?if she were to be open about it I won't have had any issues with her
Changes nothing
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by dannielight(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Rozcol:
Yes I had to end my friendship with my once very good friend because she saw nothing wrong in dating someone who used to be so interested in me, that I turned him down isn't enough reason for her to date him

There are so many other guys she can date and it shows the guy does not genuinely love her else he wouldn't have come for me in the first place.

I don't think it's cool for a close friend to go ahead and date someone who was once interested in her friend, its betrayal and also a sign that she doesn't know and respect boundaries and that's dangerous to me, such friends are not to be trusted. She can stab you at the back when you least expect.

Now she's telling people that I'm selfish and petty for having issues with her decision to date the so called guy. What do you think?

Actually, this OP must be feeling like a lord of the gang for her to expect her friend to be expecting loyalty from a friend of mutual benefit except superiority complex is worry you.
Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by dammyllare(m): 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
There is no betrayal at all.. Let me give you a gist of mine
I was talking to 2 ladies at the same time before I got married. I knew they both went to same secondary school and likely would be friends.
They were in different institutions but were friends. I was in 500L then while one was in finals too, the other 300L.
I knew within me that I would get married to one of them as I like them both but understudying the traits as to find the qualities I wanted. The first one I asked out was really materialistic, asked me to book a flight for her before she could visit just because I randomly asked her to visit me.
The other claimed she wouldn't and couldn't visit me when she hasn't said yes.
On the long run they both knew I was talking to them but guess what?
I got married to the best one and the other even did a fruit juice on our wedding grin

My point, a guy has so many reasons to choose who he loves when the wanted becomes unavailable then the available becomes wanted.

If you like unfriend her, it doesn't mean they won't enjoy a better union or better life compare to yours.

She saw something good in what you dislike yet you don't want her to be happy... Madam, swerve go one side!

2 Likes

Re: Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me by Whoknowsme: 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
You're truly selfish. You rejected the guy and he opted for your friend and your friend accepted and now you're having issues with your friend over a guy you rejected his proposals. You cannot eat your cake and have it. Your friend made a wise decision knowingfully well that "man dey scarce for market".
God bless you. I wonder why we ladies reason like this most times. She's regretting rejecting the guy. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hail the guy abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

This Hilarious Pre-wedding Photo Has Got People Talking / What Can A Guy Gain From A Relationship Without Sex? / What A Girl Wrote On Her Facebook Wall..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.