Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital (31733 Views)

What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained / US Orders Embassy Staff To Leave Chad As Rebels Near Capital / Syrian Government Chopper Shot Down By Rebels (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by hstar: 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Is alright
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by dederocs(m): 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
Life is war, Nigerian youths brace up, if need be, there will be a call to arms, we must do everything, including kill to preserve and protect our ancestral lands.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by CapitalBank: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
hedonido:

That's the most important point. Having ruled for so long and fortified themselves with the resulting benefits of controlling state power, they accumulated enough resources that empowered them for this sort of war.

That's the critical difference between them and the Igbos here for instance. If anything, it's the Fulanis that are in a comparable position.
Let's also not forget that Ethiopia is the only country in Africa that wasn't colonized, due to their military might and war intelligence. So, that might be a good reason too.

They are good at things like this.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by perdollar(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
Biafra is taking note
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by wpadmin: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
If every region is left to grow at their own pace without involvement of the central, this fights won't happen.

One tribe becomes president and focuses only on his region lipsrsealed
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by blaqoracle: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
Boudiccao:

You are not making sense. Fulanis have control of power which they can use judiciously to better the lives of their people, set up a solid ranching system, uplift their people from poverty and increase the literacy level yet all the Fulani wants is to conquer West Africans and grab lands and resources of indigenous people.
They are not in a better advantage than anyone. Most Nigerian are not yet ready to fight them, the day people get fed up you will know that people can import weapons from anywhere.
The Igbos are not going to fold their hands just because others are not yet ready to fight.
Victory and freedom doesn't come easily.
igbos that couldn't fight ijaw wants to fight fulanis.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by seyz91(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
cheesy infact he is also to be blamed for the whole mess and uprising in the world as a whole

grin
bcomputer101:
I will still blame Buhari for the uprising in Ethiopia.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by compton11(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Africa is mainly an artificial creation where people who have no business being together as one nation due to the fact that they share nothing in common was fussed together to form nations. Ethiopia presents similar situation as Nigeria. The rebels re mainly the Christian North who don't want to have anything to do with the other part which are mainly Muslims.
what a mumu talk by dumb idiot.

The other part are majority Christians too

2 Likes

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by NacoAba: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
Your joy won't last long, you might not be lucky to reach your Aboki land. No matter what you do, remind people of the North never to repeat kaduna or Jos incident, tho you people now understand better that's why all this while you people never tried such killings again out of fear. Don't rejoice yet, sorrow only last for a night.

Almaigaa:

In your wildest dreams.
I Dey Owerri Dey control things. Slept with Chioma and Amaka last night. They are Mother and Daughter. It pays to be an Aboki.
We are respected in the EAST.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
It is terrible to be ruled by Islamists.
FarahAideed:
Why are Africans always fighting these insurgencies
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by sanpipita(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
freegaza:
They have been ruling Ethiopia since 1991 until 2018. They are well prepared and can definitely hold on, I also read somewhere they once fought the government of Ethiopia for 15 years

Yea the current PM hasn't been smart enough, reminds me of buhari and ipob

1 Like

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Casham: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kenistry:

The difference is that they won the war(which they would have used the opportunity to free themselves but greed did not allow then to see clearly, now they're fighting to free themselves again) but we lost the civil war (that's why Nigeria is killing our people ever since).
Are we going to stay defeated? Never!! That's not the blood that runs in Igbos.

We keep rising up and must free ourselves from our oppressors (Nigeria) even if we have to fight again and again.

It's Biafra or Death!!!
I can't remember who wrote this here but it is gospell: "the problem of the Hausas is the Hausas themselves. The problem of the Yorubas is the Yorubas themselves ..." And guess who is the problem of the Igbos. Nobody is oppressing you people. You people are just good at 'giving a dog a bad name just so you could hang 'em'. Nigeria and Nigerians are not your problem. You are your own problems. Maybe you all should just try accepting others. Stop the hate! Love!
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Boudiccao: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
blaqoracle:
igbos that couldn't fight ijaw wants to fight fulanis.

Did Igbos and Ijaw fight a war?
Even Igbos have not fought with Fulani before.
All this flexing Fulanis are doing around Nigeria is because they are aided and protected by the govt.
What Igbos are fighting is a coalition of Nigerian military used as an instrument of terror and brutality against civilians.

4 Likes

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by EMMY76: 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
This war was easy for the tigrayans because they don't have any major natural resources that the West is interested in. Igbos would have since gotten their Independence if there is no crude oil politics involved.

1 Like

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by BinamRex: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
cocolacec:

The Tigrays also had the support of Eritrea which was a break away region from Ethiopia.

This one is clearly not current. As far as I know, Eritrea and Ethiopia have made peace and are fighting Tigray together.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by grandstar(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
Did the Ethiopian government have to go to war? Ignoring and blockading Tigray would have hurt it terribly. Starving it of much needed funds would have hit it hard. War is expensive and also very regressive.

Tigrayans have to learn to live wi5h the fact that they can't forever rule. Power now has to be shared.

Tigray too must learn that no government would recognize them. Ask their Horner brothers in Somali land.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Joetttimua1811(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Insecurity global something Sha
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by afube: 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Group with tactics, Tigray Defence Forces. Not rabble rousers without strategy led by one Supreme Leader in London.

....you are a complete idiat, what have you done to secure ur own people aside attaching your bucal cavity to your babymama's teat. You are a full fledged man with balls... ....narrate what you have done in concrete terms to defend your people from rampaging terrorists.........courage you do not have, charisma you neither possess, you spend your life staring down at your device typing rubbish on social media.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Almaigaa: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
NacoAba:
Your joy won't last long, you might not be lucky to reach your Aboki land. No matter what you do, remind people of the North never to repeat kaduna or Jos incident, tho you people now understand better that's why all this while you people never tried such killings again out of fear. Don't rejoice yet, sorrow only last for a night.

Northern Galant Soldiers and Police have Arrested your leader Nnandi Kanu. He is presently dragged in Chains in Abuja. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/breaking-fg-arrests-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu/

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Mrquote: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
hedonido:

That's the most important point. Having ruled for so long and fortified themselves with the resulting benefits of controlling state power, they accumulated enough resources that empowered them for this sort of war.

That's the critical difference between them and the Igbos here for instance. If anything, it's the Fulanis that are in a comparable position.
Stop having Igbos in mind when ever you're making a statement. You live igbo, you die igbo yet you stll believe they nothing to the nation at large
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Talawaka: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
FarahAideed:
Why are Africans always fighting these insurgencies

And to think this was Ethiopia which was never truly colonised. cry

1 Like

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
Casham:
I can't remember who wrote this here but it is gospell: "the problem of the Hausas is the Hausas themselves. The problem of the Yorubas is the Yorubas themselves ..." And guess who is the problem of the Igbos. Nobody is oppressing you people. You people are just good at 'giving a dog a bad name just so you could hang 'em'. Nigeria and Nigerians are not your problem. You are your own problems. Maybe you all should just try accepting others. Stop the hate! Love!

which bloody hate? look you are not in our shoes that is why you talk like this. I was in my Secondary School in the late 90s and my teacher once said to me that there was no need for me to continue reading and that i was made to join my brothers in the market. The sad part was that this woman was ready to make my life miserable in her subject because i was an igbo nothing more. So many of us have the same tales so when people talk about marginalization abeg just shut it.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by jumobi1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:

Nah what ??

Forget about 'once' ; in this particular episode Eriteria supported Ethiopia.

Correct. However Cocolacec's statement is also correct. He said “had”... Unless he is talking about this particular episode.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by jumobi1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2021
Malawian:

It is the other way round. The Eritreans blame Tigray for their war of independence that took lots of Eritreans, simply because Tigray was in charge of Ethiopia back then. Eritreans joined Abi to commit atrocities in Tigray, and are only just leaving Tigray now due to Tigray's counter offensive.

Actually the Tigray helped Eritrea during the war of independence.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Group with tactics, Tigray Defence Forces. Not rabble rousers without strategy led by one Supreme Leader in London.

In London?
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Casham: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
obynzo:

which bloody hate? look you are not in our shoes that is why you talk like this. I was in my Secondary School in the late 90s and my teacher once said to me that there was no need for me to continue reading and that i was made to join my brothers in the market. The sad part was that this woman was ready to make my life miserable in her subject because i was an igbo nothing more. So many of us have the same tales so when people talk about marginalization abeg just shut it.
Boss, I know what marginalization is. But even you can't deny that Yorubas are a bit more tolerant than the Igbos. Yorubas can have Christians and Muslims in the same family and still be good. It's why they always attract everybody to their region. An average Igbo man will not want to have anything to do with a muslim unless if he knows he can somehow milk him. This is why, despite the innovations happening in the Southeast, people will rather go to PH or Lag. Even you know I am right. Respect!!
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
Casham:
Boss, I know what marginalization is. But even you can't deny that Yorubas are a bit more tolerant than the Igbos. Yorubas can have Christians and Muslims in the same family and still be good. It's why they always attract everybody to their region. An average Igbo man will not want to have anything to do with a muslim unless if he knows he can somehow milk him. This is why, despite the innovations happening in the Southeast, people will rather go to PH or Lag. Even you know I am right. Respect!!

you see why i said you are myopic in your reasoning. Why won't they move to Lag or PH? do we have the kind of federal structures they have there? Imo Airport was built with donations from Easterners if it is people who are not tolerant to themselves that feat would not have been achieved. You just sit down and listen to propaganda, go to Onitsha you would see Northerners living in harmony with Igbos from your response you are not widely travelled that is why you can write this kind of rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by Theunbothered: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2021
nthony10:
When will Africa move past armed struggle and go the diplomatic route to settle issues. Must it be about guns and wars. It's as if we haven't learned from the devastating effects of war.

If some region want to go abeg let him go, instead of using enormous force of which you end up losing the region eventually.

African leaders return calls for diplomacy with bullets.
Re: Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital by jaxxy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kenistry:

The difference is that they won the war(which they would have used the opportunity to free themselves but greed did not allow then to see clearly, now they're fighting to free themselves again) but we lost the civil war (that's why Nigeria is killing our people ever since).
Are we going to stay defeated? Never!! That's not the blood that runs in Igbos.

We keep rising up and must free ourselves from our oppressors (Nigeria) even if we have to fight again and again.

It's Biafra or Death!!!

Stop hallucinating not every igbo wants biafra. And biafra can't be gotten by war, why? Not many region believe in it now even from the former Eastern region. 2, they lost the 1st war.. when u loose the winners dictate the tune bt now we are in a democray its abit different cos democratic laws dictate the tune.

3, Nigeria isn't known for wars. Nigerians are also more educated and have more to loose in a war situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa Declared President Of South Africa / US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges / Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.