Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" (27595 Views)

Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick / Clips Of Cristiano Ronaldo Crying For Penalty In New Club / Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2021
French and PSG Superstar, Kylian Mbappe has apologised after his penalty loss dumped the World Champions out of EURO2020.

The World Champions were trying to become only the first team to be World and Euro Champions for the second time, after doing same in 1998 & 2000.

The French who were coasting home courtesy of a Benzema & Pogba masterclass, slept off in the dying minutes of the 90.

Pogba, who have had a splendid EURO performance, nonchalantly lost possession in midfield (89th min 26 secs), allowing MOTM, Granit Khaka's defence-slicing pass through to substitute Gavranovich, who easily shrugged off his man, and sent the travelling Swiss fans in wild frenzy.

With all 9 spotkicks scored (5 for the Swiss & 4 for the French), Yan Sommer was to become the likely hero, stopping Kylian's Penalty.

Very difficult to turn the page.

The sadness is immense after this elimination, we could not reach our goal.

I'm sorry for this penalty. I wanted to help the team but failed. Getting to sleep will be difficult but unfortunately it is the ups and downs of this sport that I love so much.

I know you fans have been disappointed, but I would still like to thank you for your support and for always believing in us.
The most important thing will be to get up even stronger for the next upcoming deadlines.

Congratulations and good luck to Switzerland.

Kylian Mbappe

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
From Swiss and Tennis legend, Roger Federer....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by 900warriorz: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Eehya...Sorrow, Agony and Pain cry

Drink thick Milo, you go sleep grin

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Omicron007: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Lacklustre performance from the world champions.
They somehow sub-pedalled after gaining that two goals advantage. They forgot that in the round leather game, you can't write anyone off.
Switzerland may be a small nation in terms of population and size but their players are hungry to write history.

And as for that overrated Mbappe, he should go and learn from the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane and other legends of the game. You can't afford to waste innumerable chances in a tightly contested game as this and expect to be a hero.

That's how that short black man's hopes of clinching the balon D'or got gate crashed.

The French defence was somehow shaky. What happened to Aymeric Laporte. Why was he snubbed by the coach?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by UncompletedBuil: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
q
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by JustbyPro37: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
angry

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by abobote: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
I was disappointed that, France couldn't win Switzerland in 120mins, anybody can miss penalty. And if you think penalty is easy to score or catch, ask David de gea. Las las you go heal with time

14 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by tillaman(m): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Yes yes yes!!! I despise this boy the moment he fvcked My beloved team Fcb up, after that penalty in the month of March I despised him immediately
You had it coming boy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Damiiilolar(f): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
A very sad moments of his lifetime, i pray u soon recover from it quicky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by hybrid77: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
grin
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Polisher652: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Shey dah wan epp me ??

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by sirlaykeens(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nice
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Seniorwriter(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
In as much as soccer seems to be an Emotional game , I just hope his fans and team mates can tap into the fair play syndrome and let go.
More so Mbappe should not overflog this issue..he should move on no matter how painful it turned out to be.
Reason why I'm a poacher whenever I'm trading on digital assets and sport or inplay as a gamer in e-sports earning activities.
I always like to sieze the high moments.
No rooms for negative Epiphany.

Deep Quote
Take control of your high moments you might not have it back.

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by kingthreat(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Penalties are not something to cry much about if you lose.

2 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by philest222(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
I no see wetin this boy Sabi....na hype Dem dae hype am

10 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by figure007(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
He tore Lot of tickets ..... Them betting/gambling gang won't be happy with you .

7 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Yekes: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ooo
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Calibrator: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
I am starting to believe his hype is much bigger than his actual abilities.

His ego is getting out of hand.

What is he on free kick duties for?
Won't release the ball to better placed teammates to score.

He better keep piling up his numbers in Farmers league, moving to La Liga or Premiership will be the end of his career.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by OBTMOS(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
B
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by sexiestharam(f): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
France deserved the loss! How can you throw a 2 goal advantage with only 10 minutes to play? angry. Arrant Idiots!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by sureukraine111: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
see prick abegggg

iron rod....irin irin

hahahaahahahah

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Eberex(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
And you want to be like Ronaldo. Start by watching how he plays his own penalty kick

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by WibusJaga: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Apologies accepted. Anybody can miss penalty except Penaldo & Bruno Penandez grin

But Mbappe sha failed to live up to superstar expectation.

7 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by slawormiir: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Why you come take the last penalty na....

Abi you want take the glory like penaldo dey do

Penaldo go wait make every body take penalty finish....then he go come take the last one make them for celebrate am

France loose guard .....allow Switzerland come from behind
Same way Spain be one take loose guard yesterday

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by olioxx(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
It is even good, every night while not sleeping, he can be doing praise and worship so that God will help him.

3 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Sunnycliff(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
It's painful bro
Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by Chukwudi4naija(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
It's not your fault my brother. I cursed your team for giving me high hope of winning after huge investment, only for your team to dash it at the last minute. Probably the curse also came from other people in the same condition with me. So sorry bro.

4 Likes

Re: Mbappe Apologises For Penalty Loss: "To Sleep Will Be Difficult" by mountmoriah(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
Very painful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Super Eagles Qualify For Knockout Stages (Photos) / Gerard Pique Announces Retirement From Football / Iheanacho: Leicester City FC Congratulate Senior Man 'kels'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.