Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men (48639 Views)

What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / How Friendships With Married Men Become Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by BigCabal: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
Friendships provide some of the support required for us to bloom in life. In this article, seven Nigerian women talk about their platonic friendships with men.

Funmi, 22

I have a lot of platonic male friends. I find friendship with them therapeutic and less competitive than the ones I have with women. Also, men judge less. I feel freer with them. I feel like it’s safer to tell them secrets. Generally, the vibe is different and more lively with men.

Most importantly, because women and men tend to view things differently, friendship with men helps me develop other views about topics and gain insight into how men think.

Esther, 20

I have had, and still have great platonic relationships with men. Some of my oldest friends are men. However, being friends with men can become weird when they start saying shit about women. Most of the guys I’m friends with hardly do this, but there’s one or two who would sit down and say nonsense about women just because they can.

Being friends with men can also be interesting. Most of these hard guys are just babies on the inside — they just need someone to talk to and someone to listen to them.

Bliss, 25

Having guys as platonic friends is the best kind of friendship for me. I don’t have a lot of friendships with women because I find that I have very little in common with them. My male friends have pushed me at school, in my career, even financially. They also give me great advice. I’d pick guy friends over girlfriends any day.

Vanessa, 26

My best friend is a guy. We’ve been friends since secondary school. We attended the same boarding school. When my dad died, the teachers called him to the staff room to tell him to tell me because everyone knew he would know the best way to comfort me. 11 years and he’s still the best.

We argue sometimes but we never go a week without talking. People usually think we are dating and it has brought problems in some of our romantic relationships. One time, we kissed to see what it would feel like. It felt weird. We laughed about it and told each other we were never trying it again.

Olakitan, 20

For me, it’s an okay experience. Most times, they end up being attracted to you. It happened to me one time. We were cool and he was even one of my female friends’ exes. We texted often and then one time, he told me he had feelings for me. I tried to laugh it off but he said he was serious and he wanted to date me. I told him I wasn’t interested and he said he wasn’t in a hurry. The truth is I am not interested and I am glad he has not brought it up again.

Asides from this, I have other male friends who send me money without any attachments or expectations. They support me when they can. They’ve listened to me cry through heartbreak before.

Zee, 21

Honestly, platonic friendships with men can be quite frustrating. I have this male friend and he’s sort of my best friend. The friendship started platonically but I started to catch feelings. Hard girl like me.

He doesn’t feel the same way and he has a girlfriend so I have to go back to being just a friend. I also have to be happy for him because he has a girlfriend and he is happy. That’s what a good friend does, right? But deep down, I wish we were more.

Hope, 23

Platonic friendships with men have been a mix of good and bad for me. The friendships always start great but along the line, they become something else. The guys either want to date me or simply have sex. I have been accused of being too warm and sweet by two of my male friends. When the friendship ends because I am unable to reciprocate those feelings, I end up being hurt. It’s a painful cycle but I have learned the art of letting go.

Now, I have a few male friends who have remained friends and I cherish them. I no longer make new male friends because I can’t predict how it will end.

Source: https://www.zikoko.com/her/7-nigerian-women-on-platonic-friendships-with-men/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by DDDEnterprises: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
Interesting!
Nairaland ladies, come share yours
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Augla1: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
Okada, just stop me here. I no go anywhere again.
Take... Just hold the change. Go go go...

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by blazepascal(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Issorite

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by ZUKKYY(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Loading..... Most of my friends are females. Ladies prefer male friends den female dis days
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hoes

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
cheesy
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by JerryJJZ(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
You say?? undecided
Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by phr0nesis(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
The guy above me has something very important to say. Let me give him the mic

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by iamyemiakins(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good girls right there.

Hope they don't end up knacking each other and activate Okafor's Law automatically.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Jestin: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Those men dey dig their holes badly

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by SpatialKing(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Story story

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Mannabbqisgay: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
It's not a coincidence that there's no one on that list above 30.

Once a lady turns 30 she realises albeit too late that a shoulder to cry on is ultimately a divk to ride on. Fact

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Mayng01(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Well done

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Factfinder1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
They always deny it

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Waste of Data undecided

There is nothing like Platonic friend esp in Nigeria.

It's either the guy is not into you or you are a tomboy.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Risingblue008(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
I thought they say all married men should fall back to base

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Airwavez: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
cool

Headache for one Sapphire of a girl

7 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by reiddecuti: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
E get Y!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by JooEeL(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Calmthunder(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
This cannot shock me

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Premiumwriter2: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
I always thought that guys being on platonic relationships is weird and most likely those guys are losers who are looking for the slightest opportunity to get in the girl's pants.

That recently changed when I met this girl. Can't seem to want to cheat on her. Tried my best but just can't bring myself to actually do it.

So now, I just friendzone girls I meet nowadays.

This doesn't actually mean that most guys who are on platonic relationship with women are not simps. Majority are just hanging around for a chance.

Please don't be one of those guys.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Fiscus105(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
Thank God for Hope and Zee's confessions, who said nothing but pure truths, deducing from what they said, it's clear that guy and girl who are not blood related cannot be best of friendd, though they can be acquittance or casual friends but platonic? (bestie) it's completely lie.

I see it as if one or two of them are hiding under one finger.

One will be enjoying while the 2nd will be hurt.

This is aside from angles of boyfriend to the lady and girlfriend to boy in platonic relationship.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by Antoeni(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
What is the meaning of this

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by pansophist(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
I've met women that prefer friendship with men than fellow women, but I've never met a man that prefer friendship with a woman than a fellow man.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by ictjobber: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
i boogied down with all my platonic female friends back then in school. Nysc too. Platonic na scam

17 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by tillaman(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Okafor’s law gonna be activated soonest

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by praiseneo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Gather here if this thread no concern you grin
Abeg I’m looking for any nice matured WhatsApp group chat to join

5 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men by DirtyGold: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
Platonic friends indeed!
Only a microscopic percent of girls will keep a male friend without getting some kind of benefits and naturally, the guy will want something in return and then one or both will start catching feelings wink wink

What's tha business?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Correction To : "WE LADIES Should Stop Visiting Guys" / Life Without A Girlfriend. / 1997 Vs 2018 Photos Of Kenyan Childhood Friends Who Became Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.