Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success (42465 Views)

If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course / Networking Mistakes You Might Be Making / Making That Great Choice With Xdac As The Pillar Of A Decentralized Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by lasisi69(f): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
Exodora:
This really got me is as if you reach speaking directly to me .
Number 4 and 8 really got me especially that number 8 , am practically scared of almost everything .
What's your fear ?
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Exodora: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
lasisi69:
What's your fear ?
Almost everything. Scared of failure , scared of height , I mean everything . Marriage is the worst of all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by lasisi69(f): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Exodora:

Almost everything. Scared of failure , scared of height , I mean everything . Marriage is the worst of all.
First, you must make a declaration or determination you want to succeed, and then, make a wish list
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Exodora: 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
lasisi69:
First, you must make a declaration or determination you want to succeed, and then, make a wish list
Thanks .

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by ugofulfilled(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:
I PRAY WE DON'T MAKE MISTAKES THAT COSTS US SUCCESS

KINDLY JOIN THE MOVING TRAIN

IT'S GOOGLE ADMOBS OR NOTHING....

EARN MASSIVELY ON A MONTHLY BASIS

Good evening. Kindly enlighten me on what this is about and how I can earn. Make I follow you dey earn too. Thank you
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by kelvinalvin1(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
[quote author=GoogleAdmob2021 post=103202013]I PRAY WE DON'T MAKE MISTAKES THAT COSTS US SUCCESS

EARN MASSIVELY ON A MONTHLY BASIS [

Good evening sir,
I am interested.
I have a Google admob account..
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by kelvinalvin1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
good evening sir,, pls am interest on admob
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Babaj145(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:

How do I get into this?.. I'm interested bro
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Gjmff: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oh
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by waploger(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:

bless me with that 8k wey dey the back
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Chamberlin1983(m): 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Can you put me through?

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Emissary1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
Really educative.

Thank you for the brilliant write-up

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by remi4ever(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
Handsnigga:
Send your WhatsApp contact
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Gfskw: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
Really
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by emaxjey(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
Opportunities they say cones but once .. Am Professional UI/UX Designer and diukbed as a creative designer as well.. am open to new gigs ..
A trial will definitely convince you .

A like and share will go a long Way.. My potential client my bevon your timeline.. thanks in advance.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-emmanuel-

+2349030179104
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by olurili(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:

they are talking about people will be free from problem,you still bring another problem...admob kor adbandit ni
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Kinute(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
Emissary1:
Really educative.

Thank you for the brilliant write-up

Thank you sir
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Myketuale(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:

Am interested sir
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
Exodora:
This really got me is as if you reach speaking directly to me .
Number 4 and 8 really got me especially that number 8 , am practically scared of almost everything .
same thing here,but I'm really overcoming it cool cool cool fear is very bad, you'll blame yourself everyday

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
I don't want that number 8 again in my life,it's really bad for me embarassed embarassed Seriously, Fear kills brain lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Iretii0511(m): 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
tosyne2much:
No that's not me cheesy

Thought you were back on a new moniker with your 10 things. I used to enjoy reading them those days.
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by inyanya37(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
This is a very good advice,thanks for the advice.
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by onomey: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
This is so educative
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by 21Ogodol: 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
[quote author=Kinute post=103194763]This is going to be a very quick, straight-to-the-point post and no unnecessary explaination.

And to prove it-

1. SHORT HAND

If u still type lik dis n u tink typn sentences correctly is wsting of tym or some swag, you say thnx like dis and ask questions with y, wht, etc.

Then you need to stop. You might have damaged your chances of people seeing the value in you because of annoying, hard-to-read short-hand sentences.

Wake up, we are no longer in the era of 2go.

Your friends might not care because they know you.

Don't let people see you as immature and valueless before you get a chance to prove otherwise.

2. YOU WANT TO DO IT BY YOURSELF

Maybe you are an introvert, shy or your ego is just as big as the big head on your neck, the truth still remains you cannot live life on your own.

Don't make this mistake.

Find support systems.

There is a reason why suicide cases in Nigeria are consistently rising. People have replaced communal values with solitude and seclusion.

Apart from the damage it does to your mental health, it also makes it hard for people to reach out to you when you most need them cos they just assume you are fine.

This is also important in business. Find a partner that compliments you, stop focusing on all that can go wrong if you have a partner.

I stand to be corrected but I believe, whatever can go wrong in your business if you have a partner has a higher chance of going wrong if you are doing it by yourself.

3. NOT BUILDING QUALITY RELATIONSHIPS

This is a sequel to point 2 above.

Build deliberate and strategic relationships. Stop treating people with disdain, and stop looking down on yourself.

Be interested in people, their values, and what they do. Help where you can.

Go to events where the kind of people you want in your life are at.

Think of relationships as investments that can yield better ROI than any other type of investment.

In fact, take a look at your life right now, some of the things you have achieved were through leveraging relationships.

4. YOU ARE NOT SHOWING YOUR VALUE

I struggled with this for years. I was good at a few things but nobody knew. I saw friends I was better than become what I wanted to be. They would even come to me for advice.

Why? Because the little they knew how to do, they shared with the world while I was waiting to be perfect.

Don't do that. Waiting for perfection is just fear masking itself in a way that seems pleasant.

Go out there, show people what you can do, what you are learning how to do, and how you do what you do.

Value can also be just helping others around you achieve something. Value is your usefulness to God, man, and society.

5. YOU DON'T HONOR PEOPLE

This is similar to building relationships but still slightly different.

If I may ask, when was the last time you thanked your parents? Have you ever truly appreciated them for all they have done?

Honor doesn't just stop at our parents though. How about your bosses, your superiors, or even those under you. Have you ever looked them in the eye and say "Thank you for all you do, I value and honor you"

There are many ways you can honor people.

Find a way to honor those that have made an impact in your life.

6. YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER PERSON AROUND YOU

Everyone is starting a poultry business so you start one. Everyone is submitting CVs for jobs so you do the same. People do the same thing over and over again and you jump on the bandwagon, no uniqueness, no differentiation, just copy copy.

Now, I am not saying doing what others are doing is bad, it is not. But find a way to stand out, find a way to be different.

For every business out there, there are 100 ways you can be different. Your job application must not follow every constant application format.

Don't let desperation cause you to be repetitive and redundant. Learn to stand out, learn to be different.

7. PROCASTINATION

I will talk about this tomorrow.

But every tomorrow is another tomorrow.

Do it now.

8. FEAR

It's not easy to overcome fear but overcoming your fear is the only way you can move forward in life.

So many motivational speakers have talked about this and I am no motivational speaker.

9. YOU ARE NOT LEARNING ENOUGH

Reading might be tiring for you but can you at least learn from people that have done it before you. Ask for their help and guidance, watch them as they do what they do, and find ways to do it better.

Google is your friend. Getting a mentor or coach is a better friend and books are your best friends.

Choose your friends wisely.

10. FILL THIS IN YOURSELF

If you are being sincere, you know what is holding you back.

Your guts tell you once you can overcome this thing, you would be able to achieve anything you want. Then overcome it.

But let me burst your bubbles. Excuses don't cut it. Stop making excuses. Making excuses in itself is a mistake.

The excuses you make are scenarios making you mentally lazy.

Wake up. (For lack of better words)
[/quote very true …God help us all
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Handsnigga: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2021
remi4ever:

number seen
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Earthstorms(m): 5:45am On Jun 30, 2021
Nice points
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Konection(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2021
GoogleAdmob2021:

Boss, pls can you help show the way?
ptom0985@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Johel(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2021
Kinute:
This is going to be a very quick, straight-to-the-point post and no unnecessary explaination.

And to prove it-

1. SHORT HAND

If u still type lik dis n u tink typn sentences correctly is wsting of tym or some swag, you say thnx like dis and ask questions with y, wht, etc.

Then you need to stop. You might have damaged your chances of people seeing the value in you because of annoying, hard-to-read short-hand sentences.

Wake up, we are no longer in the era of 2go.

Your friends might not care because they know you.

Don't let people see you as immature and valueless before you get a chance to prove otherwise.

2. YOU WANT TO DO IT BY YOURSELF

Maybe you are an introvert, shy or your ego is just as big as the big head on your neck, the truth still remains you cannot live life on your own.

Don't make this mistake.

Find support systems.

There is a reason why suicide cases in Nigeria are consistently rising. People have replaced communal values with solitude and seclusion.

Apart from the damage it does to your mental health, it also makes it hard for people to reach out to you when you most need them cos they just assume you are fine.

This is also important in business. Find a partner that compliments you, stop focusing on all that can go wrong if you have a partner.

I stand to be corrected but I believe, whatever can go wrong in your business if you have a partner has a higher chance of going wrong if you are doing it by yourself.

3. NOT BUILDING QUALITY RELATIONSHIPS

This is a sequel to point 2 above.

Build deliberate and strategic relationships. Stop treating people with disdain, and stop looking down on yourself.

Be interested in people, their values, and what they do. Help where you can.

Go to events where the kind of people you want in your life are at.

Think of relationships as investments that can yield better ROI than any other type of investment.

In fact, take a look at your life right now, some of the things you have achieved were through leveraging relationships.

4. YOU ARE NOT SHOWING YOUR VALUE

I struggled with this for years. I was good at a few things but nobody knew. I saw friends I was better than become what I wanted to be. They would even come to me for advice.

Why? Because the little they knew how to do, they shared with the world while I was waiting to be perfect.

Don't do that. Waiting for perfection is just fear masking itself in a way that seems pleasant.

Go out there, show people what you can do, what you are learning how to do, and how you do what you do.

Value can also be just helping others around you achieve something. Value is your usefulness to God, man, and society.

5. YOU DON'T HONOR PEOPLE

This is similar to building relationships but still slightly different.

If I may ask, when was the last time you thanked your parents? Have you ever truly appreciated them for all they have done?

Honor doesn't just stop at our parents though. How about your bosses, your superiors, or even those under you. Have you ever looked them in the eye and say "Thank you for all you do, I value and honor you"

There are many ways you can honor people.

Find a way to honor those that have made an impact in your life.

6. YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER PERSON AROUND YOU

Everyone is starting a poultry business so you start one. Everyone is submitting CVs for jobs so you do the same. People do the same thing over and over again and you jump on the bandwagon, no uniqueness, no differentiation, just copy copy.

Now, I am not saying doing what others are doing is bad, it is not. But find a way to stand out, find a way to be different.

For every business out there, there are 100 ways you can be different. Your job application must not follow every constant application format.

Don't let desperation cause you to be repetitive and redundant. Learn to stand out, learn to be different.

7. PROCASTINATION

I will talk about this tomorrow.

But every tomorrow is another tomorrow.

Do it now.

8. FEAR

It's not easy to overcome fear but overcoming your fear is the only way you can move forward in life.

So many motivational speakers have talked about this and I am no motivational speaker.

9. YOU ARE NOT LEARNING ENOUGH

Reading might be tiring for you but can you at least learn from people that have done it before you. Ask for their help and guidance, watch them as they do what they do, and find ways to do it better.

Google is your friend. Getting a mentor or coach is a better friend and books are your best friends.

Choose your friends wisely.

10. FILL THIS IN YOURSELF

If you are being sincere, you know what is holding you back.

Your guts tell you once you can overcome this thing, you would be able to achieve anything you want. Then overcome it.

But let me burst your bubbles. Excuses don't cut it. Stop making excuses. Making excuses in itself is a mistake.

The excuses you make are scenarios making you mentally lazy.

Wake up. (For lack of better words)

Las las...no be by all this one...Na by God's plan and grace....Everybody can't be on the same lane, opportunity, information and time is what changes things for good or bad....Just live life,bad ill mannered selfish and demonic people excel far more in recent time... fraudsters excelling than legit workers... Haven't u heard "life no balance"?....Just do you and rest.
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by remi4ever(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2021
Handsnigga:
number seen
Alright. I look forward to a message from you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Lush100(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2021
There are things u have to learn /do by yourself. I mean all alone
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by KeethanahO: 8:27am On Jun 30, 2021
This is a wonderful piece..Thank you and God bless
Re: 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success by Raychee(f): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2021
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / Omolanke Shelle: Stericycle Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee / Kehinde Onaopemipo Adeola, Female Barber In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.