Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga (78326 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Pictures Of Four Oduduwa Monuments In Different Cities / Some Interesting Nigerian Proverbs With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by sunshineV(f): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2021
khia:

You are the one who needs to find some sense. You said you wanted to go to the UK to get away from bandits and terrorism as tho the UK lack these things. Once again, you better find some common sense real fast if that's your belief undecided
u comparing citizen safety in uk to 9ja makes me puke
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
Calitoscassius:
That sounds good but i guarantee you that anything or ideas you come out with after your market/people researches, someone else either already have the same ideas or already putting into practise, anyway keep doing your researches one day you might come up with a new idea that no one has already or thinking of putting into practise, like a new way to put an end to lack of constant electricity in nigeria. grin
Good luck!

cheesy cheesy I saw what you did there. But you should know that it's not by getting an idea, it's by putting it into practice before any other person. And as for the Nigeria problem, if you couldn't solve the problem and left why are you relying on me to solve it. I'm coming over mehn!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by wealthtrak: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
saxha:

The dress wore by the Nigerian in that pic is a Yoruba dress.

Actually, the man is trying to tell a one Nigeria. Babariga is the blue for Hausa, his "ASO OFI" is for Yoruba, while the other one takes the Idoma or the rest of the Naija people.
Well said!

You said exactly what I wanted to type here and it confirms again that brilliant and observant guys still use NL.

That guy you quoted is clearly
ignorant and was only trying
to derail the thread by making
inciting comments!

First off, the Hausa spelling is babanriga with a letter "n",
NOT 'babariga.'

The Idoma attire in red,
Yoruba agbada made of aso
oke, and Hausa babanriga are clearly represented in the
pictures.

The brilliant Idoma guy studying
in the UK obviously has a
multiethnic collection of attires
and NOT just Idoma attires
which tend to be red/black
combos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Oshokalo: 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
And they be like mannequins
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Cousin9999: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2021
1. No.
2. It seems like all of them are g4y, and this is satisfying some creepy black f3tish for the whites.
3. No.
4. Imagine going abroad, and this is how you spend your time. He could be establishing a business or having dinner with exotic women. Instead he's taking creepy pics with pudgy white men.
5. Nonblacks who attempt to appropriate black culture in any form just look stupíd.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by ollydee: 12:10am On Jul 01, 2021
It’s the guy in blue for me ���
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2021
sunshineV:
u comparing citizen safety in uk to 9ja makes me puke

That's because you're ignorant.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Johel(m): 4:40am On Jul 01, 2021
khia:

Are you saying the white man don't have any problems? There aren't any people more hypocritical than the whites.

You dunno what you are saying...
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calitoscassius(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

cheesy cheesy I saw what you did there. But you should know that it's not by getting an idea, it's by putting it into practice before any other person. And as for the Nigeria problem, if you couldn't solve the problem and left why are you relying on me to solve it. I'm coming over mehn!
Mmmm...
Well... put your ideas into practice!
I could have solved the nigerian problem but i am not and wasn't qualified enough i am just a train driver. A Prospective PR advertising practioner/innovator like you should be the perfect individual to put and end to the nigerian electricity problem. grin besides i am already here (born in England) before the nigerian problem, be a true nigerian partriot! Stay back! and make Nigeria great again!! Running away would not solve the problem! Nigeria is depending on potential future leaders like you! grin cheesy I mean, why would you acquire all that qualifications just to come over here and sell African cloths to white people? **jokes** grin grin in the bloody freezing cold weather?

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2021
Johel:

You dunno what you are saying...

I live amongst them, why wouldn't I know what I'm saying? Most of you Nairalanders are delusional about the whites.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nmezor(f): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2021
Not baad
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2021
khia:

The facts are, Nigerians hate it when Black Americans wear Native attire as tho our ancestors weren't African but are overjoyed when whites wear the same attire. Fickle people!! undecided

You are only projecting your insecurities upon Nigerians.

You are the ones who shout appropriation all the time.

The average Nigerian couldn't care less.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Johel(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2021
khia:

I live amongst them, why wouldn't I know what I'm saying? Most of you Nairalanders are delusional about the whites.

You still dunno what you are saying.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2021
TripleOh7:

You are only projecting your insecurities upon Nigerians.

You are the ones who shout appropriation all the time.

The average Nigerian couldn't care less.

You have never heard me shout anything, but the average Nigerian doesn't care when it's whites doing the appropriating, the op is a perfect example of that.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
khia:

You have never heard me shout anything, but the average Nigerian doesn't care when it's whites doing the appropriating, the op is a perfect example of that.

I have met black Americans, (and I meet them everyday) who scream appropriation at want given opportunity.

That you don't do it doesn't mean others don't.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Mewhizzp(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
SPLENDID25:
I dey there now...Aside during SUG rally, I never hear hit for anywhere. Even Architecture department sef no dey play music again. Na just people with serious faces everywhere. Boring school!

�� MAU is boring this session.
But parties aren't necessarily on campus.
Inside Sangere, Jimeta and all
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by SPLENDID25(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mewhizzp:

�� MAU is boring this session. But parties aren't necessarily on campus. Inside Sangere, Jimeta and all
an alumnus?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
TripleOh7:

I have met black Americans, (and I meet them everyday) who scream appropriation at want given opportunity.

That you don't do it doesn't mean others don't.

Where have you met these Black Americans?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
khia:

Where have you met these Black Americans?

Where are black Americans domiciled?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Naanlong01: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Idoma culture not yoruba.

They look similar but that is the attire for idomas

Idoma and Agatu uses that attire
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Mewhizzp(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
SPLENDID25:
an alumnus?
Yeah
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Oracleforce: 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Babanriga is actually a northern attire it means big dress. It was brought by same Fulani from North Africa. It spread to Yorubaland during Fulani conquest. We are happy to share it with all Nigerians.

Go and feed your village chief or king in with this kind of fallacy or false comment ....I'm not daft like you.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by khia: 4:20am On Jul 02, 2021
TripleOh7:

Where are black Americans domiciled?

In different countries, did you meet any in Nigeria? Have you been to the US?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Mmmm...
Well... put your ideas into practice!
I could have solved the nigerian problem but i am not and wasn't qualified enough i am just a train driver. A Prospective PR advertising practioner/innovator like you should be the perfect individual to put and end to the nigerian electricity problem. grin besides i am already here (born in England) before the nigerian problem, be a true nigerian partriot! Stay back! and make Nigeria great again!! Running away would not solve the problem! Nigeria is depending on potential future leaders like you! grin cheesy I mean, why would you acquire all that qualifications just to come over here and sell African cloths to white people? **jokes** grin grin in the bloody freezing cold weather?

Good luck!

Oh! Compatriots why art thou forsaken thy mothers land cheesy cheesy The transport sector in the country needs your expertise right now, we need you to come and straighten the curve at this moment when the masses needs it services most. We need effective management. Our roads are getting bad. Banditry, Kidnapping is now a mainstay in our major highways. We cry out to you to come and effect a change in the Train industry. Don't forsake us. cheesy cheesy Okay I just tagged you according to your field of expertise why are you relating the Media world and electricity the two are different sector, you should know better! As for why I shouldn't remain here. Oh well I need to step out and gain more knowledge and experience then come back and effect the change as it's expected of you.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by KayceeNelson: 11:23am On May 07, 2022
Please fam
I really need help on getting information about Nottingham.
I just got a postgraduate admission at NTU and I would love any one who has information about the best way to settle in fine and show me the way around.
I would appreciate linking up with a current student in Nottingham or a link to group for Nigerian Students at Nottingham.

Thanks fam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.