Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (31169 Views)

31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Sell Returned Private Jet, Fund Critical Sectors In Rivers – APC Advises Wike / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by richmond500: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Every region has her two by 2 shops

Igbo's are not.only the people doing that kind of business in SW, I don't know about ur state or region.

But I'm 100% sure that in any Town (apart from Lagos) in SW, for every single thing an Igbo man is selling, there are hundreds of Yoruba's doing the same.

BTW, retail business ain't the only business driving economy.

Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art

Are igbos telling me.there into this than SW?
And all these things don't drive the economy than retail business?
Oga, I never said the Igbo's are the most industrious in the country, I said they are also industrous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by athaboi(f): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Which of the major cities in SE? Where are the progressing economy and properties building..

If all those listed are there in SE, why are the people leaving the region enmass?
that is what you don't understand...they are leaving their region bcoz that's how they make the money they use in building whatever thing they build in their place! Most of the properties built in the east are funds sent from outside the country by those living abroad and those living outside the east...you got out make the money and come back to build and that is why you see them going home for Christmas bcoz they have a comfortable home back home

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Sammy07: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Oga, I never said the Igbo's are the most industrious in the country, I said they are also industrous

I didn't say they ain't industrious.
I just hate fallacies claims, esp when it involves my Region and My People.

12 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by richmond500: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I didn't say they ain't industrious.
I just hate fallacies claims, esp when it involves my Region and My People.

OK, do have a nice day, I'm not interested in this discussion.

Right now I am taunting ipob piglets grin

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Sammy07: 7:29am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
OK, do have a nice day, I'm not interested in this discussion.

Right now I am taunting ipob piglets grin

Lol, they'll come for u and call u an Afonja or fulani.

Really sad for the Igbos, they must have been having a bad day since yesterday.

11 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by selemempe: 7:40am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East
the piece was written by an Hausa journalist while you a yoruba man is fighting it.... crack in the enemy's camp?
Igbos are just observing you two miscreants

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by laplace12(m): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
a property I didn't buy from Igbo man?
Are u kiidding me? My gas oven, my TV, my dinning, them plenty.

That's not my point though, what I am saying is that Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy

You lie bro
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by richmond500: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2021
laplace12:

You lie bro
OK, run along

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

[s]I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East [/s]

In your mind you control movie industry...Lol

The maker of what is today NIGERIA movie industry is Igbo.

Moreover Yorubas always smuggle igbo actors in their movies to gain acceptance because Igbos don't watch what they don't admire.
Why was kunle Afolayan always crying and complaining? Yet keep using Igbos to make his movies sell.

Remove hand for movie industry.

Agriculture should be specifically left for north but not exclusively..

Education is just a Lagos Ibadan express news fabrication of SW been educated. It doesn't reflect in today's NIGERIA.

Arts, plywoods, techs.... Is not exclusive to anybody.

Building materials maybe you should try and visit Lagos State proper because ignorance is a dxs.

Tourism....I don't understand? Where is the tourist centre?

One fact is that Igbos have successfully balanced in your region and fully on it.

Until you are able to control any single sector in east then we can take una serious.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

When someone says they control economy.
Do you know what economy means?

Tell me ur definition of economy and critical sectors!

I guess, education, ITs, tech startups, music, movies, etc ain't part of Critical sectors in Nigeria

Stop talking nonsense. Which IT and education?

Jargons from expressway.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
a property I didn't buy from Igbo man?
Are u kiidding me? My gas oven, my TV, my dinning, them plenty.

That's not my point though, what I am saying is that Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy

Maybe you should counter the journalism with facts than beating around the bush.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Mr man, then can have huge investment of those in SE and other regions but Not SOUTH WEST.

travel away from ur village in afarachukwu, stop relying on media and see how things works here.

SW economy even have Yorubas struggling to fit in especially in Lagos.

Or maybe you control ports, airports, customs and the rest.

Wake up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by CandyOps(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East

You seriously underestimate the power of buying & reselling. The power of doing boy-boy as an apprentice for years. In a country that imports almost everything?

I like the fact that traders are looked down on. It's the perfect veil. Nobody go ever suspect say that ordinary trader with his short knickers and Pam's slippers is worth multiple millions.

It's the perfect cover.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Igbo's are not.only the people doing that kind of business in SW, I don't know about ur state or region.

But I'm 100% sure that in any Town (apart from Lagos) in SW, for every single thing an Igbo man is selling, there are hundreds of Yoruba's doing the same.

[s]Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art[/s]

You town may not be a useful economy.

My thought.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Sammy07: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2021
[s]
Juliusmalema:

In your mind you control movie industry...Lol

The maker of what is today NIGERIA movie industry is Igbo.

Moreover Yorubas always smuggle igbo actors in their movies to gain acceptance because Igbos don't watch what they don't admire.
Why was kunle Afolayan always crying and complaining? Yet keep using Igbos to make his movies sell.

Remove hand for movie industry.

Agriculture should be specifically left for north but not exclusively..

Education is just a Lagos Ibadan express news fabrication of SW been educated. It doesn't reflect in today's NIGERIA.

Arts, plywoods, techs.... Is not exclusive to anybody.

Building materials maybe you should try and visit Lagos State proper because ignorance is a dxs.

Tourism....I don't understand? Where is the tourist centre?

One fact is that Igbos have successfully balanced in your region and fully on it.

Until you are able to control any single sector in east then we can take una serious.

[/s]

SW doesn't control movie yet highest grossing income Nollywood movies are from Yoruba people.

SW doesn't control Agriculture, Yet South West leads in Agricultural produce in The entire SOUTH.

SW doesn't control Education yet top 10 best universities, polytechnics, and tech schools More than half are based in SW and owned by Yoruba people

SW doesn't control tourism, yet none of your region generate as much tourism as Redemption camp, Living Faith Camp, Deeper life camp, synagogue camp.

I don't argue with clowns, table ur facts if you beat south west in any of the above.
I guess 2 by 2 shops generate more income and foreign investment than those above.

Clowns everywhere. Aguleri bear parlous gist everywhere.

25 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Sammy07: 7:55am On Jun 30, 2021
CandyOps:

You seriously underestimate the power of buying & reselling. The power of doing boy-boy as an apprentice for years.

I like the fact that traders are looked down on. It's the perfect veil. Nobody go ever suspect say that ordinary trader with his short knickers and Pam's slippers is worth multiple millions.

It's the perfect cover

Do you know how much Tourism is generated into Nigeria during Redemption camp of RCCG, LIVING FAITH CAMP, SYNAGOGUE OF TB JOUSHA? Are all these in SW or controlled by Igbos?

What about the foreigners coming to south west to study especially in Covenant university? Babcock, Afebabalola?

What drives economy and brings income to the country?

Retail trade?
Gosh!

And yes, I underestimate the power of retail trade cos it doesn't drive economy nor bring investment.
As.much as the above, except if Critical Sectors has another meaning in SE.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Obakashdee(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy
They only sell electrical appliances and boom they say they own 80% bayelsa economy. They no know the kind money bayelsa rich men get

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by kettykin: 8:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

SW doesn't control movie yet highest grossing income Nollywood movies are from Yoruba people.

SW doesn't control Agriculture, Yet South West leads in Agricultural produce in The entire SOUTH.

SW doesn't control Education yet top 10 best universities, polytechnics, and tech schools More than half are based in SW and owned by Yoruba people

SW doesn't control tourism, yet none of your region generate as much tourism as Redemption camp, Living Faith Camp, Deeper life camp, synagogue camp.

I don't argue with clowns, table ur facts if you beat south west in any of the above.
I guess 2 by 2 shops generate more income and foreign investment than those above.

Clowns everywhere. Aguleri bear parlous gist everywhere.

The igbos are now controlling banking, Aviation, retail business, trading, land transport, imports etc .

When you control these in any economy then you control the economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by TheSupleemLeada(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Early morning coping. With all the audio billionaires you mofos can't even buy your way to power. Weak tribe. **Spits

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Sammy07: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2021
kettykin:

The igbos are now controlling banking, Aviation, retail business, trading, land transport, imports etc .

When you control these in any economy then you control the economy

Airport Agreed but not retail trade.
Even the Airport, SE has only Air peace and we have Ibom air or so. (so I don't fully subscribe to that)
Retail trade only add less than 15% of the economy and not only SE controls it.

Banking is not peculiar to igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by kettykin: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Early morning coping. With all the audio billionaires you mofos can't even buy your way to power. Weak tribe. **Spits

If the political power in Nigeria was what the take it would have been fiercely fought. The fact that Buhari is in power today does not mean fulani control the levers of power 2023 Buhari will be out and another fellow probably from the south would sit on the seat of power
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by kettykin: 8:07am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Airport Agreed but not retail trade.
Even the Airport, SE has only Air peace and we have Ibom air or so. (so I don't fully subscribe to that)
Retail trade only add less than 15% of the economy and not only SE controls it.

Retail trade, go and check the biggest business partners to MTN, Samsung electronics, DSTV, etc there are sensitive issues I don't want to reveal here

Besides Airpeace, obike air is coming and Chisco Air, there are more than 10000 buses flying across Nigeria daily PMT alone owns 3000.

Truth is only very few igbos understand the economic empire of the igbo nation .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by TheSupleemLeada(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2021
kettykin:

If the political power in Nigeria was what the take it would have been fiercely fought. The fact that Buhari is in power today does not mean fulani control the levers of power 2023 Buhari will be out and another fellow probably from the south would sit on the seat of power

Well the fellow wouldn't be from the south east that's for sure.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Starcrest1: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

When someone says they control economy.
Do you know what economy means?

Tell me ur definition of economy and critical sectors!

I guess, education, ITs, tech startups, music, movies, etc ain't part of Critical sectors in Nigeria

So you are waiting for the Igbos to collect other sectors from you people after they don collect the commercial sector abi? You ain't serious.
All the Major markets in Nigeria have Igbos dominating there. The ones in the east is controlled by the Igbos too.
Continue sleeping you hear?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Nbotee(m): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Mr man, then can have huge investment of those in SE and other regions but Not SOUTH WEST.

travel away from ur village in afarachukwu, stop relying on media and see how things works here.

Anyways there's no point engaging in an argument with u.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by CandyOps(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Do you know how much Tourism is generated into Nigeria during Redemption camp of RCCG, LIVING FAITH CAMP, SYNAGOGUE OF TB JOUSHA? Are all these in SW or controlled by Igbos?

What about the foreigners coming to south west to study especially in Covenant university? Babcock, Afebabalola?

What drives economy and brings income to the country?

Retail trade?
Gosh!

And yes, I underestimate the power of retail trade cos it doesn't drive economy nor bring investment.
As.much as the above, except if Critical Sectors has another meaning in SE.

Tourism and religion na critical sector? What r you even talking? Well that one dey. The aim is to be happy and wealthy not to look happy and wealthy. Y'all should continue with your owa mbes. Let's continue with our buying and selling

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Starcrest1: 8:18am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art

Your level of understanding is very poor. All those sectors you mentioned are being controlled by the Igbos in their own region just as the yorubas do in their own region. But you see this commercial sector, Igbos control it in their own region and also other regions, quote me anywhere.

You are saying only Lagos, but you don't know who controls Dugbe market in Ibadan.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Scout60(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

After crude oil, the major source of Nigeria income comes from npa, custom duties and tax. Nigeria virtually import everything. Tv, fridge, spare parts are not manufactured in Nigeria. They contribute greatly through custom duties

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by mightyhaze: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2021
Is lie. Igbos control only 2x2 and 1x1 shops. They are eating grass due to their poor and resourceless nature..

Is only we say barbarians that live well

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by OfoIgbo: 8:25am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

You have to know that Daily trust is an aboki newspaper trying to convince Igbos to remain in this moribund entity known as Nigeria.

Expect huge exaggerations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mu’azu, Kashim Imam, Escape Death / Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation / Serving Military Men Involved In Kidnapping – Mike Ejiofor Ex DSS State Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.